Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dienes posted:

You say that like breeding is difficult. It isn't. Just a little tedious.

And if its too tedious, you can rent any team you want with a QR code in seconds.

And Bottle Caps mean you don't even need perfect IVs... unless you're playing with Hidden Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Dienes posted:

You say that like breeding is difficult. It isn't. Just a little tedious.

And if its too tedious, you can rent any team you want with a QR code in seconds.

just a little tedious is an understatement. they didnt even release the QR system until I was done with the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ruby/Sapphire Brendan is probably my favorite dude design. For girls, I like Serena and Moon with darker skin.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Brendan's hat is still the best

Thank you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

green's original design from the manga is the best girl design. and then winter dawn i guess

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dienes posted:

Just a little tedious.

it's extremely tedious for literally no reason

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the frlg girl and black and white boy are the only ones i believe actually became champions. the rest don't have what it takes

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sharrrk posted:

the frlg girl and black and white boy are the only ones i believe actually became champions. the rest don't have what it takes

The X and Y kids did too but only because Diantha is extremely fail

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

diantha is cool, and hot

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

diantha is cool, and hot

...at failing

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Countblanc posted:

...at failing

:hmmyes:

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Tired Moritz posted:

git gud does not apply in a game where you need to get perfect ivs and chain breed for attacks

outside of Trick Room and Hidden Power it takes like, 2 hours to get a fully ready and VIABLE FOR LIVE EVENTS team. Bottlecaps have made it very easy to jump into. The only real problems getting into competitive pokemon is there really isn't a single site that can be used for a good overall resource, you need to use a lot of different sites because they're all to suborn to just throw everything at one site (trainertower.com, smogon.com, serebii.net, ect.).

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I like lucas' stupid cravat scarf in platinum

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yo the switch game looks like TRAAAAAAAAAAAASH son

Vinylshadow posted:

The 2019 games, meanwhile, are what they see as their way to move the handheld experience forward, and they've been working on it since before the Switch released which is why they won't be as influenced by Go.

how about NO influence?? why can't they just keep that poo poo for the Let's Go line

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Lant posted:

it takes like, 2 hours

this may come as a surprise but 2 hours doing something tedious and unfun is actually a problem

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bleck posted:

this may come as a surprise but 2 hours doing something tedious and unfun is actually a problem

also that basically writes off all the time you have to spend doing research at the (minimum) three different websites mentioned

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It takes like two hours.*

*once you have all the additional tools you need like held items from the facilities and all the mons you need to breed each member of the team and you’re used to power leveling mons and have a good system and obtained either the 6 iv ditto you need for breeding or the collection of gold bottlecaps you need and

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
preordered both let's go games and pulled the trigger on finally getting a 2nd switch

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

preordered both let's go games and pulled the trigger on finally getting a 2nd switch

Conglaturation

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my gf hogs the first switch and i doubt let's go eevee will make that less of a fact :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is dawn okay

E: Wtf for some reason I thought Dawn was the female player character in FR/LG :psyduck: Nevermind I guess she's fine.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Me, looking over my collection of at least one of every main series pair, including my Japanese copy of White: man I’m letting Game Freak control my wallet. Maybe I should cool it with preordering every single-

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Me: never mind I’m fine

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

we travel a lot and play a lot of pokemon go so it's worth it to have whatever companion thing is out there

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
But did you pre-order the Pokeball as well?

...cause that is an actually bomb rear end looking piece of tech for the Switch.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Kikas posted:

that is an actually bomb rear end looking piece of tech for the Switch.

... with a 3hr battery life.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Kikas posted:

But did you pre-order the Pokeball as well?

...cause that is an actually bomb rear end looking piece of tech for the Switch.

i want to but i don't see it available on best buy

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Bleck posted:

A lot of it is actually fun tho.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

having declared that researching, preparing, and breeding pokemon for competative battles is too difficult and tedious, I've decided that my next goal is breeding 9 shiny Eevees

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
You goddamn madman.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I mean I just hack all my Pokemon and I ever I don't care too much. If I want to battle, I'll just use Showdown.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

indigi posted:

having declared that researching, preparing, and breeding pokemon for competative battles is too difficult and tedious, I've decided that my next goal is breeding 9 shiny Eevees

Remeber that you need like 2 with the hidden ability for good competetive evos :science:

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Good news, hidden abilitys are easy as poo poo. You just ask for one one of the billions of trading sites and normally get it pretty fast.

Don't be a fool like me and actually try to catch hidden ability Sharpedo :negative:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My favourite female protagonist is Hilda. I even have her hat! Her outfit is fairly simple and closest to what I wear in real life.

I also like Leaf and Serena.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

oddium posted:

green's original design from the manga is the best girl design. and then winter dawn i guess
This.

Where's our adult green cameo, eh, gamefreak??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Stealth___/status/1001954922257178625

So yeah, this is basically what a lot of people were saying.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

if you have a perfect destiny knot ditto like me, breeding competitive pokemon is brain dead simple, once you start going for egg moves or ability & nature combinations it starts to get complicated.

Surprised how many of you don't seem to really care about online battles and trading, without online features it sorta makes the whole game seem pointless to me

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Crosspeice posted:

I mean I just hack all my Pokemon and I ever I don't care too much. If I want to battle, I'll just use Showdown.

Wait, are you telling me that all those Pokemon you used in your LPs are cheated?!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is dawn okay

E: Wtf for some reason I thought Dawn was the female player character in FR/LG :psyduck: Nevermind I guess she's fine.

The Sinnoh remake is likely not coming until after the 2019 Pokemon game so she has some time left before they replace her with a doppelganger or give her the Kris treatment.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dehry posted:

The Sinnoh remake is likely not coming until after the 2019 Pokemon game so she has some time left before they replace her with a doppelganger or give her the Kris treatment.

may survived so dawn will probably be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you're smart like me, you'll legitimately breed powerful optimized pokemon and then never use them. Grinding is its own punishment, but also its own reward.