Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The enrage is at like 12 minutes. It feels like she just repeats the same 3 mechanics over and over for the last 5 minutes of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

jalapeno_dude posted:

Wait, Tsukuyomi actually has an enrage? I've died to mechanics plenty of times but every group that's gotten past, like, the second Akh Morn has cleared.

After a while, she just uses a Lunacy that becomes too strong to survive.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ouhei posted:

I still do this on some attacks out of pure reaction. Mentally I associate jumping with moving faster.

Yep. I spent all of last night hopping out of the purple puddles that drop before Vitrofire.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

any major differences b/t WHM and AST? I'm lvl 36 and I feel like Cure I/II is much slower and tanks are dying :(

I miss Essential Dignity alot.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Tsukuyomi has a special emote line when she begins enraging. If she says:

Tsukuyomi enrage: posted:

The stalks are cast, and the fates have spoken.
There will be no dawn for Doma─only night unending.

Then you've taken too long. She will just Ahk Moon you non stop until you die.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Alder posted:

any major differences b/t WHM and AST? I'm lvl 36 and I feel like Cure I/II is much slower and tanks are dying :(

Some.

WHM = overall throughput, MP conservation, single target & AoE damage (think the gap's closed in 4.3)
AST = mobility, group buffs, raid versatility

WHM's rather limited until 45-50 when they get ridiculously good. They have even more tricks at 60+.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Just an average day for Lalas.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Alder posted:

Largesse can give those a little boost, and make sure you're keeping Regen up!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The server tick mechanic for Tsukuyomi is still absolutely indefensible.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I've farmed that fight about 50 times because the dog drop rate has been very good, and I've been healing it in the strategy where the healers run to the opposite side of the arena and back. The server tick is not really an issue, just make sure you switch your moon debuff at 3 stacks at the latest and it will not be an issue. The only times we have had issues with them is when people have not paid attention and accidentally gotten too many before the floor changed to the single colour, and I'm playing from Australia on a US server so I don't have the best latency either.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

slev posted:

The enrage is at like 12 minutes. It feels like she just repeats the same 3 mechanics over and over for the last 5 minutes of the fight.

That would do it--looks like most of my clears have been around 9-9:30 and none have gone longer than 10:25, even though I'm a terribad SMN with like 20th percentile parses.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I always intentionally build up four stacks of the wrong debuff before switching to the right side of the floor. Gives me enough leeway to survive meteors and get to the right color in time.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
All the moon goddess PF parties already say "Know up to____" so I'm too scared to join any. Same way all the O4S parties are past Kefaust and to some kind of Forsaken #2.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

All the moon goddess PF parties already say "Know up to____" so I'm too scared to join any. Same way all the O4S parties are past Kefaust and to some kind of Forsaken #2.
Just fake it, because they probably don't know either.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SKULL.GIF posted:

How in the world are you standing in it long enough for it to even get close to killing you? Even on the final dash to the meteor holes it is just ticking over from 3 to 4 as I enter the safety zone. just dance on the line.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

The more stringent the PF requirements are, the worse the people in it will be. If you're smart enough to know you don't have something 100% down that makes you better than most of your party members

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

The floor isn't any kind of server tick, it pulses every 5 seconds. The only server related shenanigans would be the normal things where crossing at the 4.9 second mark will probably give you the color you were on. And if were talking EX, just be booking it to the correct color immediately as meteor marks go out, you have plenty of time even if your a meteor target.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Stack with the other (your role here), drop meteors on designated spots, and dodge her sword attacks. (Bright Blade = Dodge right, Dark Blade = Dodge left, White Tsukuyomi = Dodge outside her hitbox, Black Tsukuyomi = Dodge inside her hitbox)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This greed only system is the most boneheaded poo poo they've ever implemented. I did 7 runs of lighthouse today and got poo poo RNG (only 2 caster pieces dropped across all of these runs) and a healer won them both times.
Only five runs so far this week, but :same: Only maybe one caster loot per run at best, and always won by a healer. What the gently caress.

This greed-only thing is an atrocity.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HiKaizer posted:

Tsukuyomi has a special emote line when she begins enraging. If she says:

Then you've taken too long. She will just Ahk Moon you non stop until you die.

Huh, wow. I've never seen that. I just assumed she didn't have one.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, wow. I've never seen that. I just assumed she didn't have one.

It's like 12 minutes or so, an extremely generous timer for her fight.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Asimo posted:

Only five runs so far this week, but :same: Only maybe one caster loot per run at best, and always won by a healer. What the gently caress.

This greed-only thing is an atrocity.

I've ran Rabanastre as PLD since it's a little undergeared at the moment and wound up losing two of the only tank pieces to drop to a DRG that had no tanking classes unlocked and an AST whose DRK was still in the 50s.

This change is so dumb and I don't get who it benefits.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

This change is so dumb and I don't get who it benefits.

People who want seals.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The main benefit would be making it easier to gear up from older raids because you no longer risk that one guy needing all the tank gear. The flipside is that now it's 7 other people needing it.

Raids just need guaranteed loot of some sort, both 8-man and 24-man. Or a straight up token system that you trade in for gear. Something generous like 1:1 would be great but I can't see that happening with the way current activity rewards are structured.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd like a change to the voting system that lets you get a buff to your rolls every time you lose on loot or something, but I feel like that's unmanageable.

At the very least, change it so that old Raids drop coffers rather than individual pieces. :argh:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Argas posted:

The main benefit would be making it easier to gear up from older raids because you no longer risk that one guy needing all the tank gear. The flipside is that now it's 7 other people needing it.
The weird thing is it'd probably be fine if they did it sort of like the 8-man token drops, where you get the need option while the raid is current and the one-drop-per week it in effect, but have it go to greed-only once the next is released since the drops become vanity glamour then anyway. But there's literally no benefit to having it like this right now. I mean the only reason I can think of doing it is to try and make it more "fair" for tank and healer drops or something, but there's already a problem with getting enough of those classes to queue for raids as it is... :psyduck:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That's cool, but why did they bring that [consults height comparison chart] midlander in plate with them?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I rolled a max-height male Roe alt for a while (Never forget you, Risky Business) and this is literally what queueing into all-lallafel dungeons was like.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm a max height male elezen and it's hilarious because if I get hit with a minimum status like the greg fight I'm the same size as a (very very underweight) lala

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Presented without further context.

i lied; we were trying to see how many vuln stacks an OT could get in O7N. We cleared at 16, and could probably get a few more on him before missiles would be a one shot through Adloquium.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think 16 is as far as you can go. Nice work nonetheless.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
If you get to 255 it overlfows and you get a massive defense buff from having -255 vuln stacks

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

If you get to 255 it overlfows and you get a massive defense buff from having -255 vuln stacks

The Gandhi approach, sounds legit.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this is a fairly specific question, but there is a way to macro to cast an ability on an enemy party list slot? i don't actually know how the macro syntax for the enemy team in feast. specifically, trying to set up onslaught on like, the first party member on the enemy team, the second, the third, etc.

i can kind of work around it by onslaughting focus target, but it would be more convenient if i could also have a macro to onslaught ranged dps etc.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this is a fairly specific question, but there is a way to macro to cast an ability on an enemy party list slot? i don't actually know how the macro syntax for the enemy team in feast. specifically, trying to set up onslaught on like, the first party member on the enemy team, the second, the third, etc.

i can kind of work around it by onslaughting focus target, but it would be more convenient if i could also have a macro to onslaught ranged dps etc.
e1 to e4

e: at least they are used to return the player name or whatever, so they may work

Dukka fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 31, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

edit: nm i'm a dummy and couldn't find it in the compendium

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Axle_Stukov posted:

It's like 12 minutes or so, an extremely generous timer for her fight.

The closest I've gotten thus far is a 15% enrage. I desperately need to install ACT so I can figure out how badly I'm mangling BLM, but holy poo poo is there so much moving in this fight. :shepicide:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The raid dps requirement has to be like 23k or something like that. The entire group has to be doing some bad dps or dying constantly to hit enrage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gyoshin posted:

Maybe you don't have a Nhaama because your attitude is poo poo.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo