Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Is there an ethernet port on an MRI Machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bombadilillo posted:

Take a connector, preferably on the power supply. Disconnect it. Barely Plug it back in at an angle.

The low surface area of the connection will heat up and hopefully arc and melt/burn good or just stop working.

It will seem like a vibration problem or shoddy manufacturing.

I concur. Or figure out how to rig something to fall where it will cause a short, like a metal-barrel pen over a partially unplugged power connector. Shorts and vibration damage are relatively normal for aging equipment.

Or find any fans that are still working and jam them up so things overheat sooner.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

A little iron dust on the wrong side of something important?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Or find any fans that are still working and jam them up so things overheat sooner.

Steal your co-workers hair, jam fans.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Relentless posted:

Steal your co-workers hair, jam fans.

poo poo man, human hair, pet hair, and cigarette residue were the worst things I would find inside computers when I worked retail. I told you about the time the gutterpunk versions of Fred and Carrie from Portlandia came into my shop with a computer that reeked so badly of nicotine gunk that I had to wear a respirator, gloves, and use a fume extractor to deal with it, yeah? There was a good 1/4" of brown gunk that also contained *hair covering every surface. I swapped out every fan and scrubbed the loving thing with rubbing alcohol inside and out. When they came back, they wanted help hauling it to their car, and I half panicked and sent the new guy out to deal with it. I don't feel bad.

Have I mentioned how much better corporate IT is?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Not the worst thing that happened at the BBC in the 1970s.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Rent-A-Cop posted:

drat.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It's tiny people climbing a massive erection.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyone have any pro tips for intentionally sabotaging electronics without leaving evidence?

No-residue medical tape and cover over the fans and vents until it fries itself

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Rent-A-Cop posted:

:eyepop:

SelenicMartian posted:

It's tiny people climbing a massive erection.

:drat:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Trash these 15 year old piece of poo poo MRI coils General Electric keeps digging out of a dumpster in Milwaukee. Yes thank you for doing a deep search in the warehouse for some mothballed garbage. I can't imagine why our poo poo keeps breaking, certainly can't have anything to do with our company refusing to buy anything so we are just cycling through GE's backlog of relics. I just want to accelerate this cycle, they'll run out eventually.

Tbf, I don't think anyone would have guessed I would refer to objects built to operate in high strength magnetic fields. Maybe electronics is too generous a term, they're mostly just RF antenna for the most part.

I was thinking something like this:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Huh who left all those dumbells in the MRI room. Hell of a deal. :shrug:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FuturePastNow posted:

No-residue medical tape and cover over the fans and vents until it fries itself

Draping it with linens is more deniable.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

replace a good SATA cable with a faulty one

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Trash these 15 year old piece of poo poo MRI coils General Electric keeps digging out of a dumpster in Milwaukee. Yes thank you for doing a deep search in the warehouse for some mothballed garbage. I can't imagine why our poo poo keeps breaking, certainly can't have anything to do with our company refusing to buy anything so we are just cycling through GE's backlog of relics. I just want to accelerate this cycle, they'll run out eventually.

Tbf, I don't think anyone would have guessed I would refer to objects built to operate in high strength magnetic fields. Maybe electronics is too generous a term, they're mostly just RF antenna for the most part.

Quench it. :q:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyone have any pro tips for intentionally sabotaging electronics without leaving evidence?
Don’t touch the poop

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slanderer posted:

Why is this loving moron allowed near anything more expensive than a stapler?

he gives more of a poo poo about actual patient outcomes than you?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
but what about shareholder outcomes???

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tip the press that the machine can take the whole hospital down in a fire or a blackout. Let their imagination run riot. Sow panic.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Other than Dibnah, how many steeplejacks lived to retirement?

Disability doesn't count.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Noakes was a legend.

quote:

In another dangerous stunt Noakes was asked to hurl himself down the Cresta Run bobsleigh, which resulted in him being concussed and heavily bruised.
And in true style, he finished the descent on his backside.

If that wasn't enough humiliation for him, on the programme he was asked to lower his trousers to reveal the large bruise, but happened to be wearing his wife's knickers.
He claimed he put them on in the dark by mistake...
He recalled: "I'd only got back the day before and said to the wife, 'Have you got some clean knickers?'
"It was early morning and I put them on in the dark. When I unzipped my trousers live on air, I thought, 'I've got my wife's black lace knickers on!'"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Aw man I never heard about him passing.

Content: I know that whenever I'm working on power infrastructure, a hatchet is definitely one of the tools I bring along.

Russian website in the corner I assume.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

IPCRESS posted:

So they knocked out a support column for a lift, which they then situated so that walking on the far side of it would have you walking on a 1" strip of concrete next to the pit? Which looks suspiciously like a swimming pool, since I've never seen an auto shop pit lined with anything but concrete and grime.

I've seen tiled pits before, although it may have fallen out of fashion

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Memento posted:

Russian website in the corner I assume.

Those look like Greek letters, tbqh

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

hackbunny posted:

I've seen tiled pits before, although it may have fallen out of fashion

theyre common in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Those look like Greek letters, tbqh

The ф(f) and г(g) look like that in both Russian and Greek, but the д(d) is like that in Cyrillic. In Greek d is δ(lower) or Δ(Capital).

Also the website is Russian.

Source: Me, courtesy of a couple of waisted semesters.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

deoju posted:

a couple of waisted semesters.
Well you wouldn't learn Russian sober

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

The ф(f) and г(g) look like that in both Russian and Greek, but the д(d) is like that in Cyrillic. In Greek d is δ(lower) or Δ(Capital).

Also the website is Russian.

Source: Me, courtesy of a couple of waisted semesters.

Bert Kreischer??? Is that you???

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy sits on a plank of dirty wood supported by equally dirty ropes of which he is unattached to 30+ meters in the air, scoops bird poo poo with one hand and has a lit cigarette in the other in the middle of the job in front of a reporter on camera. Nothing unusual.

Today?....

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Man hooks up an RC car motor to his shredder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Na1hDZvu5Q

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FCKGW posted:

I want one

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

I got a massive sympathetic paper cut just by watching this video

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

FCKGW posted:

I once worked in an office that didn't know where to put me, and subsequently shoved me into a corner next to the Shredmaster 2750, which was a shredder the size of a Volkswagen Sirocco and sounded like a Volkswagen Sirocco with a poo poo muffler. Every few weeks, they'd send in an intern and a pallet of poo poo to shred, and I'd have to sit and listen to that thing for half a day or longer.

Point being, I wish I could build a time machine and then go back in time to mod the loving Shredmaster 4350.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

FCKGW posted:

This owns

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Renegret posted:

I want one

Unironically agree.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
The completely unrestrained, yet very German, joy he displays throughout is the best. I want to go smash beer steins together until they break with this dude.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ixian posted:

The completely unrestrained, yet very German, joy he displays throughout is the best. I want to go smash beer steins together until they break with this dude.
They're danes you walnut

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Don't park like a jerk on the docks, i guess.

https://i.imgur.com/CjTCRJW.mp4

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Does it still overheat after like 10 minutes