Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1002209583320915969?s=19

Him getting hired is very funny, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
But did you see that work he did with Andrew Luck?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It pays to be the son of a coaching legend no matter how terrible you are

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Just delete the entire Redskins organization.

e: there doesn't even need to be a reason to do this, but there are several good ones and anyone who complains about it is wrong

Nov 6, 2002

I almost wrote "he is like a football Don Jr. " but then I remembered Brian's father actually earned his success.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shere posted:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

What Jerry let fall out of his mouth yesterday doesn't count?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shere posted:

e: there doesn't even need to be a reason to do this, but there are several good ones and anyone who complains about it is wrong

Athanatos please change Shere's name to Andrew Jackson

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What Jerry let fall out of his mouth yesterday doesn't count?

What did he say

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Joey Freshwater posted:

What did he say

That Kaep's situation was definitely influenced by Trump's ranting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joey Freshwater posted:

What did he say

Some deposition transcripts got out. There are at least 14 owners under oath saying that the anthem protests are why they refuse to sign Kaepernick or Reed including Jerry Jones specifically mentioning that Trump called and talked to him about it. At least half the coaches in the league feel he's a starting QB being held out by management.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

:drat:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Is Kaepernick’s collusion suit something that can go thru US court appeals? I’m curious if this can go all the way to SCOTUS & watch Gorsuch cast the deciding vote in favor of the owners.

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Some deposition transcripts got out. There are at least 14 owners under oath saying that the anthem protests are why they refuse to sign Kaepernick or Reed including Jerry Jones specifically mentioning that Trump called and talked to him about it. At least half the coaches in the league feel he's a starting QB being held out by management.

We already knew this. It doesn't prove collusion. Is there a smoking gun of the owners collaborating to keep him out? That's what Kaep needs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

We already know that. It doesn't prove collusion. Is there a smoking gun of the owners collaborating to keep him out?

They're dumb as hell and believe themselves to be wholly invincible so they probably did literally hold a big roundtable meeting where they all agreed that what they were doing was collusion and that Trump called them all to encourage it

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
As I understand it, collusion would require that at least a couple of NFL owners agreed not to hire Kaepernick and then shook on it. It doesn't count if all of them just independently decided that pissing off Trump and the "are troops" crowd isn't worth it. The political meddling angle might have legs in theory, but given all Trump has survived so far, I doubt this will be his downfall.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

:lol:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

:vince:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Android Apocalypse posted:

Is Kaepernick’s collusion suit something that can go thru US court appeals? I’m curious if this can go all the way to SCOTUS & watch Gorsuch cast the deciding vote in favor of the owners.

It's a civil suit that I highly doubt will make it there.

But given this timeline.

Nov 6, 2002

If you think Trump will get in trouble over Kaep you haven't been paying attention.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/782408312730095616

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Overly reductionist and I'm tired of seeing it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Overly reductionist and I'm tired of seeing it

Show me the lie in the tweet though

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Show me the lie in the tweet though

Never said it was a lie, just that it's not what's going on. This poo poo takes time. It's not like he's going to avoid consequences forever, especially when he's out of office and can't pardon.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/1002223930696912897

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the tl;dr version of Pete Carroll's drivel

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

This is not going to end well.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

What's the tl;dr version of Pete Carroll's drivel

I -think- it's something like "Racism exists, Trump is encouraging it, stop being assholes" but it could also be a takedown of the new Star Wars movie

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I'm guessing the next letter will contain the words, "Please buy my book!"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Coldforge posted:

I'm guessing the next letter will contain the words, "Please buy my book!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDTwO0TlwOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dude took a writing workshop from Peterson too. Wild.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's something fun, FO went through and took a look at how many sacks each team took / got that weren't due to pressure, so the QB falling over, failed scrambles or long coverage sacks.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2018/which-defenses-depended-non-pressure-sacks-2017

It's pretty funny to see the Tyrod effect, and also the holy poo poo was Tampa's D bad effect. Washington also is weird for basically never getting those sacks, while Cousins also wouldn't take them.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1002284924005629952

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

More buzzwords than a LinkedIn listicle. Also why's he gotta talk around everything instead of just being real. What a steaming pile of poo poo, and no I'm not buying your book

I'm starting to really understand why all the veterans are sick of Pete's inane stories

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I empathize with Seattle fans who felt that you should have run the drat ball, Pete.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Play posted:

More buzzwords than a LinkedIn listicle. Also why's he gotta talk around everything instead of just being real. What a steaming pile of poo poo, and no I'm not buying your book

I'm starting to really understand why all the veterans are sick of Pete's inane stories

Lmao local goon hates empathy

Not a perfect statement by any means but lmao at least the guy is trying to start some discourse. I would prefer he names the bias as racism but 64 year old white man is doing some introspection and asking for empathy for others.

Which i guess to some is a bridge too far

Play
Apr 25, 2006

A New Empathy is a great name for a cult

EmbryoSteve posted:

Lmao local goon hates empathy

Not a perfect statement by any means but lmao at least the guy is trying to start some discourse. I would prefer he names the bias as racism but 64 year old white man is doing some introspection and asking for empathy for others.

Which i guess to some is a bridge too far

Oh come on dude. Empathy is fantastic but that statement is bizarre and I don't really see how it actually helps anyone.

Play fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 31, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Those aren’t Skittles in his avatar; they’re All New Pete Carroll Empathy Pills!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coldforge posted:

Those aren’t Skittles in his avatar; they’re All New Pete Carroll Empathy Pills!

Taste the conspiracy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

What does this mean? What is this? Is this about anthem protests somehow? Is this a multi-level marketing scam? Is Pete starting a cult? Am I going to need to get audited by a P-meter in order to progress to higher Operating Petan levels?

Most likely, this is just another manifestation of Executive Brain, the disease that eventually comes for anyone who’s told they’re a genius for too long and decide that they are objectively brilliant, rather than any of the things they’ve done, therefore everything they do must be brilliant so here’s 500 words on a concept I just made up that I’m going to capitalize but not actually define.

If there’s savvy here it’s in carefully constructing a statement that’s physically incapable of saying anything that might antagonize anyone. “These challenging times.” “Our leaders.” “Discord and division.” Like all coachspeak, it comes apart completely when you actually try to puzzle meaning from it.

Empathy is good! The world would be better if people were more empathetic. I still don’t understand how A New Empathy is any better than regular old empathy. Or what it is. Maybe this is all just a defense of enforced monogamy.

• Locked thread