Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xtothez posted:

"There will be models to go with the orks and that they would no longer be an awful army"

I would imagine the rumor about the new Ghazghkull is true, since Orks haven't gotten a new character, let alone a big one, in a while that I can think of. Probably some new buggies, since the old ones are GorkaMorka era. There might also be some new Ork troop models too, since those are old. I'm not expecting too much except some type of special rule that makes Orks faster and able to survive long enough to get into close combat. That's more wishful thinking though and not grounded in anything.

A new Ghazghkull would be cool because I have the original and love the model. He holds up well but a new, bigger mini would be welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Tadhg posted:

You can pry my metal models from my cold, dead hands. :colbert:

And even then you'd still have trouble doing it because I use J.B. Weld on the big poo poo.
Same, my armies are mostly metal and I vastly prefer it to plastic and resin. A little pinning and filing is all, I've never really found it to take longer than plastic and I like the added weight and durability. I use paperclip pins + gap-filling superglue and have dropped figures onto concrete with no breakage.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Literally 24hrs after thread chicken littleing about 40k's momentum slowing, here come the Orks and Space Woofs. GW reading TG confirmed

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Corrode posted:

Literally 24hrs after thread chicken littleing about 40k's momentum slowing, here come the Orks and Space Woofs. GW reading TG confirmed

:females: Felinid Cadian heads now!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I would imagine the rumor about the new Ghazghkull is true, since Orks haven't gotten a new character, let alone a big one, in a while that I can think of. Probably some new buggies, since the old ones are GorkaMorka era. There might also be some new Ork troop models too, since those are old. I'm not expecting too much except some type of special rule that makes Orks faster and able to survive long enough to get into close combat. That's more wishful thinking though and not grounded in anything.

A new Ghazghkull would be cool because I have the original and love the model. He holds up well but a new, bigger mini would be welcome.

My vote is for negative shooting modifiers not applying Orks. Things that make aiming harder shouldn't work on an army that doesn't bother to aim.

Edits because I couldn't string two sentences together.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 1, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Maneck posted:

My vote is for negative shooting modifiers not applying Orks? Things that making aiming harder shouldn't work on an army that doesn't bother to aim.

A simple and elegant solution that seems fluffy.

I'm curious to see how they address the tourney issues around orks. The main argument I saw was "ork tournament players play that dumb slow version to win because they have no other ways to win". But if the codex is good I don't see any reason to not do that strategy but also just have good units so you are even more likely to win.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Corrode posted:

GW had an insider within the thread :tinfoil:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Talked to Andy after the seminar. Kill Team will have expansions, of which Rogue Trader is one. 2-3 weeks to go. Kill teams will be highly customisable, so I made the right decision leaving stuff on sprue for now was the right one.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Corrode posted:

I think it was only one person but yep confirmed.

In general they have been holding a pattern of announce-next-3 at the next available gathering event so I'm not terribly surprised since like they mentioned themselves, with the knight codex going up for preorder its time to talk about whats next. I'm excited to see what crazy stuff Orks get, and I think I'm finally safe even if there is new models from the hype train of wanting to personally start that army because I already have so many tyranids to paint the idea of starting orks is laughable. I do want to play against them though.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Maneck posted:

My vote is for negative shooting modifiers not applying Orks? Things that making aiming harder shouldn't work on an army that doesn't bother to aim.

This is a good idea and as noted, pretty fluffy.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Quoting this into this thread because we played a game with pretty models.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Played a 1500 point 2v2 last night against Booley and some guys from the shop. First time my aux took the field! They made friends with a Word Bearers chaplain who revealed to them that the Imperial Fists and Iron Hands were heretics who must be annihilated. As a reward for killing them he summoned them some friends from the Warp 🤗🙏🙂. Being loyal is fun!!!

Highlight was definitely booleys terminator squad punching one of my malcadors to death, only to have it flip backwards and take out his Caestus. My Rogue Trader also killed Garro in a challenge!

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Mef989 posted:

GW had an insider within the thread :tinfoil:

GW, bring back metal :rock:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tadhg posted:

GW, bring back metal :rock:
GW, bring back WHFB. :smith:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Lol a single opinion doesn't equal chicken littleing, but okay.

General Olloth posted:

I think it was only one person but yep confirmed.

:tinfoil:

Oh god, the power I feel coursing through my fingertips! What do you guys want me to complain about next? Maybe it'll get fixed.

NECRONS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ROBOTITS

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

im the GW insider

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Maneck posted:

Is hand drilling metal miniatures workable? Tadhg, did you do that by hand or with a dremel or dill or something?

That project was me kitbashing a WHFB unit that didn't have a model, and yeah-- was all by hand. Was an epic build, and would def do it again. I think I have the progress pics around someplace that I can post.

Safety Factor posted:

GW, bring back WHFB. :smith:

For real. Worst loving decision ever.

Glad that I may have a reason to paint up the hundred angry metal hobbits for my LoTR Shire army sometime soon, though. :v:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Zoats are BACK baby

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Zuul the Cat posted:

You fool, you've doomed us all.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GW don't bring back anything, make new versions of all of it

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

And a preview for Warlord traits, Artefacts, and Freeblade building: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/31/imperial-knights-building-your-champion/

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
IMPERIAL GUARD CATGIRLS NOW!

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
That guy with the molotov is cool as gently caress

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Lol a single opinion doesn't equal chicken littleing, but okay.

:tinfoil:

Oh god, the power I feel coursing through my fingertips! What do you guys want me to complain about next? Maybe it'll get fixed.

Mostly I just wanted to make the joke about the thread insider, dw. The timing is funny though.

Speaking of batreps, I played against Deathwatch on Tuesday. The guy was previously running them as Primaris Raven Guard but ~as if by magic~ they'd become Deathwatch. Very heavy infantry-based force - Watch Captain, Librarian, 2x 10 blocks with 4 Hellblasters, an Inceptor and 5 Intercessors, 3x Intercessors, a couple of squads of Reivers and a squad of Aggressors. I was running a slightly modified version of my 1500pt DE - Flayed Skull with 2x Archons, 5x Kabalites, 4x Venoms, then Black Heart with Archon, 3x dissie Ravagers, 1x dissie Raider, and finally Red Grief with Succubus + 3x Reaver Jetbikes.

We played Tactical Gambit. I deliberately placed the objectives wide since he was going to choose sides and he went for it, picking the side with "more" and then spreading himself thin to cover all of them. I deployed pretty far back and took advantage of some LoS blockers (painted ones, even!)

Despite getting the +1 for finishing deploying first, I went 2nd, as is tradition. He didn't really do enough with the advantage - he didn't kill a single vehicle, killed like 3 Reaver Jetbikes in separate units, and put the Raider on 5 wounds. A lot of his stuff was struggling for range, having to use the 36" guns which are a bit of a waste against DE. He managed to secure an objective for a point and his gambit. My turn 1 I rammed the Venoms up in his face and dropped the Ravagers in (annoyingly I pulled Advance but they have to come in to the DZ, THANKS GW). I killed the Aggressors, a whole 10-man squad, part of the second 10-man squad, a 5-man squad, and a couple of the dudes in the top left corner where my one unit of Reavers had gone. Despite doing a bunch of damage, I was going to struggle to score any points since I pulled bad cards and was about to lose the gambit, but he failed two Morale checks so I got Psychological Warfare. Personally I'd have used the 2 CP on the remaining dude to try and deny me a point, but hey ho. He was a little annoyed not to think of the anti-Eldar stratagem, but since that's -1 to hit, he would have been shooting Venoms at a further -1, and I could have Lightning Fasted for a futher -1, I think it didn't matter too much since he would have just ended up suiciding his Hellblasters for no gain.

His 2 was a little better for him, killing a Venom and the Raider and a few Kabalites. He did pretty well to pick up another two points and pull a convenient Defend so he was still ok for points, but I was firmly in control - in my 2 I killed his Master and Librarian (including a blaster one-shotting the Libby) and cleared out everything on my left flank, and still had most of my army available to push him back into a corner. He conceded at that point since he wasn't really going to be able to hurt me.

I think he was pretty hurt by the lack of a Dedicated Transports option for the Deathwatch tactics - he was expecting to be able to re-roll the 1s to wound against them and of course he couldn't. The infantry-heavy Primaris bit sucked for him against all those disintegrators, too. He was a little suspicious that I'd built the last to counter him, which is true in a sense (because killing massed W2 infantry is a good reason for the dissies to exist) but not true in general because it's a list I'd hope and expect to stand up to most things.

Pictures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjas2G1nv_N/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=100mbuce6iy07

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

I predict some poor financial decisions in the near future.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Raphus C posted:

I predict some poor financial decisions in the near future.

No juice this month :(

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Corrode posted:

No juice this month :(

:eng101: Juice is unhealthy for children, it's better to give them water. So, in a way, buying GSC and Cawdors is actually the only responsible decision!

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 1, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I finally got the true Thousand Sons experience today with not one, not two, but three of my sorcerers popping thanks to Perils and nuking every squad around them.

10/10 army, would play again.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Mef989 posted:

These look like they would be amazing cultists

This is the best idea

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

:eng101: Juice is unhealthy for children, it's better to give them water. So, in a way, buying GSC and Cawdors is actually the only responsible decision!

Let's face it, that little girl wasn't getting any vitamins not found in takeaway pizza, juice would have been a net positive

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Laffo. Apparently the designers said on the 40k stream that Knight superheavy detachments only get CPs if they have at least 3 full size knights. i.e. there's no advantage for taking Armigers, and you won't be able to fit more than one CP-granting Knight detachment in a 2k list.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Corrode posted:

Let's face it, that little girl wasn't getting any vitamins not found in takeaway pizza, juice would have been a net positive

Look, do you want to get your sewer tonsure bois or not?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Mostly I just wanted to make the joke about the thread insider, dw. The timing is funny though.

Speaking of batreps, I played against Deathwatch on Tuesday. The guy was previously running them as Primaris Raven Guard but ~as if by magic~ they'd become Deathwatch. Very heavy infantry-based force - Watch Captain, Librarian, 2x 10 blocks with 4 Hellblasters, an Inceptor and 5 Intercessors, 3x Intercessors, a couple of squads of Reivers and a squad of Aggressors. I was running a slightly modified version of my 1500pt DE - Flayed Skull with 2x Archons, 5x Kabalites, 4x Venoms, then Black Heart with Archon, 3x dissie Ravagers, 1x dissie Raider, and finally Red Grief with Succubus + 3x Reaver Jetbikes.

We played Tactical Gambit. I deliberately placed the objectives wide since he was going to choose sides and he went for it, picking the side with "more" and then spreading himself thin to cover all of them. I deployed pretty far back and took advantage of some LoS blockers (painted ones, even!)

Despite getting the +1 for finishing deploying first, I went 2nd, as is tradition. He didn't really do enough with the advantage - he didn't kill a single vehicle, killed like 3 Reaver Jetbikes in separate units, and put the Raider on 5 wounds. A lot of his stuff was struggling for range, having to use the 36" guns which are a bit of a waste against DE. He managed to secure an objective for a point and his gambit. My turn 1 I rammed the Venoms up in his face and dropped the Ravagers in (annoyingly I pulled Advance but they have to come in to the DZ, THANKS GW). I killed the Aggressors, a whole 10-man squad, part of the second 10-man squad, a 5-man squad, and a couple of the dudes in the top left corner where my one unit of Reavers had gone. Despite doing a bunch of damage, I was going to struggle to score any points since I pulled bad cards and was about to lose the gambit, but he failed two Morale checks so I got Psychological Warfare. Personally I'd have used the 2 CP on the remaining dude to try and deny me a point, but hey ho. He was a little annoyed not to think of the anti-Eldar stratagem, but since that's -1 to hit, he would have been shooting Venoms at a further -1, and I could have Lightning Fasted for a futher -1, I think it didn't matter too much since he would have just ended up suiciding his Hellblasters for no gain.

His 2 was a little better for him, killing a Venom and the Raider and a few Kabalites. He did pretty well to pick up another two points and pull a convenient Defend so he was still ok for points, but I was firmly in control - in my 2 I killed his Master and Librarian (including a blaster one-shotting the Libby) and cleared out everything on my left flank, and still had most of my army available to push him back into a corner. He conceded at that point since he wasn't really going to be able to hurt me.

I think he was pretty hurt by the lack of a Dedicated Transports option for the Deathwatch tactics - he was expecting to be able to re-roll the 1s to wound against them and of course he couldn't. The infantry-heavy Primaris bit sucked for him against all those disintegrators, too. He was a little suspicious that I'd built the last to counter him, which is true in a sense (because killing massed W2 infantry is a good reason for the dissies to exist) but not true in general because it's a list I'd hope and expect to stand up to most things.

Pictures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjas2G1nv_N/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=100mbuce6iy07

I'm hoping my decision to build my Primaris force around 2 Repulsors will help with mobility around the battlefield. I'm not expecting to win many games, but it would be nice to be able to get around the field somewhat.

I'm glad no one around me plays Dark Eldar - I wouldn't know what to do against them.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm hoping my decision to build my Primaris force around 2 Repulsors will help with mobility around the battlefield. I'm not expecting to win many games, but it would be nice to be able to get around the field somewhat.

I'm glad no one around me plays Dark Eldar - I wouldn't know what to do against them.

Yeah I don't think Primaris vs. DE is a winnable game for the Primaris. I mean it is, because there's every chance the DE player sucks or hasn't built well, but a competently-designed Drukhari army with a decent player running it basically shouldn't ever lose that match. That mostly has to do with Space Marines sucking though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

xtothez posted:

Laffo. Apparently the designers said on the 40k stream that Knight superheavy detachments only get CPs if they have at least 3 full size knights. i.e. there's no advantage for taking Armigers, and you won't be able to fit more than one CP-granting Knight detachment in a 2k list.

good

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Like 50% of the world population I too am building a Primaris DW army, and yeah transport cracking and surviving that second turn sweep are their big weaknesses. I’m taking chappy dreads with Lascannons to hopefully help with the first, and most of the firepower is deepstriking to hold off the second. I foresee winning games revolving heavily around careful use of cover and LOS against nasty elf armies.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

xtothez posted:

This is balls, but it sort of (if you squint and tilt your head) makes sense. I think it would have been fine though if they just said it had to contain a single full size knight since that is still almost 1k points even with two armigers.

If Armigers are playable then it still won't stop me from playing a full three. 540 points for 3 melta dudes seems ok if the rumors are correct on points. I'll just keep them as squadron in a single auxiliary detachment though to cut down on drops.

Side note, I just finished my 3rd last night. My wallet is super going to hurt on this release. I'm just waiting to see whether the the new knight character or the dakka armigers are more playable before I decide what to buy with my castellan :negative:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

They really really need to start incentivizing not taking a CP battery detachment, seriously, give single (sub)faction armies a reason to not be strictly worse.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I don't get how 3CP from ~550pts of small giant robots is broken, but 5CP from 180pts of guard is Cool and Good.

They must have a lot of cadian kits lying around in the warehouse I guess.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Apparently you still get your CPs with Armigers, the rule is that you cannot make one knight a Character unless you have 3 big Knights in a detachment. Just no cheap Knight Warlords if you're not running a proper household.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat