Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

All this arguing has gotten me curious what type of underwear pick does wear if she slut shames thongs. Granny panties? Boyshorts? Nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

and just look where that has gotten us

you say failed state, i say satiated elf :c00l:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ziv Zulander posted:

All this arguing has gotten me curious what type of underwear pick does wear if she slut shames thongs. Granny panties? Boyshorts? Nothing?

Skins of her enemies

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I'd pay more than $10 to a give a legit klansman a wee Glasgow kiss.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Blade Runner posted:

Skins of her enemies

Provided the skincolor has a pleasing Hugh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ziv Zulander posted:

laser-cut sport hipsters

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Yawgmoth posted:

lol I really hope this is your new gimmick, sounding like a 90+ year old grandma horrified at the idea of women showing their ankles

where I work we have at least 3 people with half/full sleeve tats and who knows what underwear because we don't have an underwear inspector you drat weirdo
I don't understand why anybody is indulging her thirst for attention. Of course she knows that employers aren't going to ask or care about your underwear.

The idea that thongs are too spicy in 2018 is hilarious.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
All jestery aside, if a business owner would pop in here (something legitimate, like a boutique, not a software engineering firm) they'll tell you the same--clean-cut, well-groomed, fit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

(something legitimate, like a boutique, not a software engineering firm)

You have all used code I have touched at least once in the past few months

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

AfricanBootyShine posted:

OP is has several issues with his g/f, one involving 14 words.

Unsure about breaking up with girlfriend or not (I love her)

Posts like this make me glad that white people are dwindling.

And I'm white.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

loquacius posted:

(Cue rear end pennies meltdown)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

radium's re-reg! grab him, let's kick his rear end!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

loquacius posted:

Ewwwwww, did you at least wipe it off first?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

(Cue rear end pennies meltdown)

It's a pretty apt metaphor, yeah

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

All jestery aside, if a business owner would pop in here (something legitimate, like a boutique, not a software engineering firm) they'll tell you the same--clean-cut, well-groomed, fit.

What boutique in Portland doesn't employ tattooed women with dyed hair and overly-skinny men with wild beards?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Redjakk posted:

What boutique in Portland doesn't employ tattooed women with dyed hair and overly-skinny men with wild beards?

Actually, that's a good point. It's handy, for low-skill work, to hire people who are competent but have self-selected out of more respectable employment. Then you can put the squeeze on them and they have no recourse.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

They may have been human at one point, but going in to that world is like coming out of Amigara Fault
This is my shareholder! It was made for me!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Girlfriend [18F] has prom coming up, and wants to take... me [22M]

quote:

Backstory: Been with girlfriend for over 9 months. We met on Tinder and hit it off, really great w lots of commonalities and interests. When we met (about a month or two into talking) I find out she’s 17 going on 18 in a month, while thinking the whole time she was a year older. Me being 21 at the time, didn’t want to make a big deal out of it, I didn’t want to blow off someone cool over an age gap. We ended up kissing/making out and two days later decided to date. So this is my first time dating someone more than a year younger than me.

Fast forward 9 months, we have a good thing going. We both support eachother and we live our current lives knowing we’re at different stages in our life, making time to see eachother when possible. Parent situations are good.

So she asks me to her senior prom and now I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with going to a high school prom at age 22. According to her, there is no age limit to prom guests which is weird. But I feel like one of those creeps that hang around their old high school 6 years after graduating or some poo poo. I go above and beyond to make her happy but I’m having problems deciding on this. Any advice?

Tl;dr the title, she’s great, I feel like a creep being around high schoolers for a whole night. I know she will be pretty upset if I don’t go.

If you don't want to be a creep dating high schoolers, maybe don't date underage high schoolers? :thunk:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

radium's re-reg! grab him, let's kick his rear end!

I’ve got his loving trees right here!

I [29M] came onto my sister [33] while black out drunk

quote:

I don't know if this belongs here. I feel ashamed posting this. I got very drunk after a family get together with my sisters. We drank a large amount until I woke up the next morning with only a vague memory of what happened. All I can recall was telling my sister "Just suck it" and also grabbing her breasts. I don't remember a single thing except for brief flashes of this. I don't remember any context or even my sister's reaction.

I am full of shame and guilt. Just thinking of this makes me sick. I am completely lost as what to do. It's been a few days and I haven't seen or talked to her. I keep hoping I imagined this or had some sort of hosed up dream but I'm terrified to think this may have actually happened. What do I do? Do I pretend this never happened or do I reach out to my sister? I haven't talked to anyone about this and it's all I've been able to think about. I love my sister very much and I would never do something like this, I'm trying to figure out why it happened and if things can ever go back to normal. Please help me.

tl;dr I asked my sister to give me oral sex while black out drunk. I need help on how to handle this and fix it if I can

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Doggles posted:

Girlfriend [18F] has prom coming up, and wants to take... me [22M]

If you don't want to be a creep dating high schoolers, maybe don't date underage high schoolers? :thunk:

"How do I not seem like this thing that I am???? Reddit please assist"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I work in IT at one of the largest retail giants in the world and literally everyone wears casual button-downs/polo shirts/t-shirts and jeans daily. That's everyone from QA testers to infrastructure engineers making six figures. No one ever cares. Complaining about how people dress is the height of comedy.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 1, 2018

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

tactlessbastard posted:

My wife's doula has been super helpful and well worth the expense but she's kind of a moonbat (placenta pills) and visibly deflated when Mrs. Bastard told her that after a Caesarian and two VBACs this time around she wants induced and epidural'd.

Our doula was the same except when it looked like my wife would have to be induced she became a raging bitch to the point where my wife refused to let her come to the birth. Two thousand dollars well spent.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick's whole dress-code meltdown did kind of answer my question w/r/t what the boss lady was checking the underwear for. We simply cannot abide sluts in the workplace :colbert:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

loquacius posted:

Pick's whole dress-code meltdown did kind of answer my question w/r/t what the boss lady was checking the underwear for. We simply cannot abide sluts in the workplace :colbert:

If they weren’t blood I would have seen that poo poo and ended it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is it weird that I dress differently at work? Also I thought people wear thongs so their pants don't get noticeable underwear lines, and you only can see thong if they're wearing low-rise jeans or something.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

Our doula was the same except when it looked like my wife would have to be induced she became a raging bitch to the point where my wife refused to let her come to the birth. Two thousand dollars well spent.

:gowron: Wow I flinched the first time around when I heard it was going to be $600

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

loquacius posted:

Your underwear type affects promiscuity?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I wear pajamas to work but we call them scrubs. Sometimes I just wear a t-shirt and baggy scrub pants, or athletic tops with scrub pants, or black yoga-style pants that are loose in the shins + a longer fitted scrub top like a tunic. Manager has tattoos, several coworkers have trendy color-ombré dye jobs. Hygiene is, of course, scrupulous.

The Venn diagram of people who think tattoos make you unemployable and people who think natural Black hair is unprofessional isn’t quite a circle, but the parts that don’t overlap contain cousin-loving racist hicks and astonishingly nearsighted career self-limiters who think any job not identical to their own is worthless, respectively

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twitch posted:

Is it weird that I dress differently at work? Also I thought people wear thongs so their pants don't get noticeable underwear lines, and you only can see thong if they're wearing low-rise jeans or something.

yeah, I dunno what Pick was on about there, the point is that you can't see them, unless you want people to see them

Leon Einstein posted:

Your underwear type affects promiscuity?

:thejoke:

the only reasons to object to thongs involve slut-shaming

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Oh yeah and I wear thong underwear because I don’t have enough rear end to keep full cheek coverage in place. If I’m gonna have a wedgie all day anyway I’d rather limit the amount of fabric involved.

Yes, my pants started slipping once while I was giving chest compressions, and my work buddy held my pants up while I finished my two minutes of CPR, but everyone had already seen my underpants. Fortunately nobody was lustfully overcome by my whorish ways, and we got the patient back without more than a couple of snickers at my expense.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I work in IT at one of the largest retail giants in the world and literally everyone wears casual button-downs/polo shirts/t-shirts and jeans daily. That's everyone from QA testers to infrastructure engineers making six figures. No one ever cares. Complaining about how people dress is the height of comedy.

Same at my work, though I would argue that there's a big difference in a clean tshirt and a decent (no holes all over the place) pair of jeans than some gross old tshirt and lovely jeans. How you present yourself effects how people view you, by and large the days of guys having to wear a tie and slacks to work are gone and offices on the whole are way more casual in general but you still need to look decent. If you have a poo poo ton of tattoos, piercings, or dress weird it's going to limit your job opportunities. You can make arguments about how fair that is, but it's still true.

Our office is downtown and we employ a poo poo ton of young people (especially in sales) and we get a company wide email every few months reminding people that business casual doesn't mean wear whatever the gently caress you want. I've seen some really inappropriate outfits around here and always laugh when those emails come out.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

the only reasons to object to thongs involve slut-shaming

I had a temp show up in my factory with a pronounced whale tail and it was seven different women that came in and complained about it so it sounds to me like the broads need to get their poo poo together

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wow IT and nurses, people known for professionalism in dress

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [29M] came onto my sister [33] while black out drunk

I love my sister very much

I mean, clearly you do.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Pick posted:

wow IT and nurses, people known for professionalism in dress

Scrubs are the uniforms of nurses. The reason being is infection control.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Where does going commando go on the professionalism scale, better or worse than thongs?

The_end
May 17, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

Where does going commando go on the professionalism scale, better or worse than thongs?

does not matter. As long as you are wearing clothes.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I work in finance and I wear slacks, a button up, a tie, tie pin, vest, blazer, spats, suspenders, a monocle chain, a sash with a bunch of $'s on it, and a tophat to work and if you show up wearing anything less than what the Monopoly Man wears on company time you might as well show up in ash and burlap you loving poors.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

So one narrow definition of professional dress is important in fields that value that specific definition of professional dress, while other fields of equal respectability have different definitions of professional dress. Oh my god I’m so glad I chose a profession that doesn’t require me to wear fuckin’ mascara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SpazmasterX posted:

I mean, clearly you do.

and by 'came on to' i mean sexually assaulted