Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I am rewatching S6 of DS9 and i swear Sisko’s office always has stacks of PADDs

I have four computers already, if I could replicate tablets I'd probably have 50 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

skasion posted:

anyone who thinks Spock’s Brain is the worst TOS episode probably hasn’t watched all of TOS.

Very likely; they're usually going by the conventional wisdom of pop-culture-by-osmosis. It's a notoriously "bad" episode that most people familiar with Trek have heard of, and it's entertainingly meme-able because it's in "so bad it's good" territory. It's a lot more in the public eye than some of the ones already mentioned that are so bad, they're just bad, and mostly forgotten.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

VitalSigns posted:

And The Children Shall Lead is pretty bad though, repetitive and non-stop cringey, although I'm not sure if that's worse than being boring and making no sense.

Special mention for Lights of Zetar? A computer we don't care about gets wiped, some crewmember we never met gets possessed but eh it's not a big deal it's just the space bends so put her in the decompression chamber and its fine :geno:

Lights of Zetar has my vote for, if not the worst, then at least worse than The Alternative Factor and Spock's Dick. It's a godawful boring slog to get through.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

dont even fink about it posted:

There are actually way worse TOS episodes than Spock's Brain, because Spock's Brain whatever else is going on is not boring.

Oh, I know, but it's what happened to me recently and really drives home the Season 3 effect with immediacy.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Insane Totoro posted:

Isn't this on Netflix?

It is not. Just double checked. The only Star Trek doc I think Netflix has is For The Love Of Spock. This is more of a one-off made for TV before the finale thing. I haven't see it anywhere else.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

It is not. Just double checked. The only Star Trek doc I think Netflix has is For The Love Of Spock. This is more of a one-off made for TV before the finale thing. I haven't see it anywhere else.

They also have one on how hosed up early TNG was productionwise.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It is on Netflix. It's part of the TNG episodes, and it's listed with season 7.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Well LA DEE DA

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Grand Fromage posted:

It also gave us Spock's Dick, one of the internet's finest gifs.
A while back, I remember finding a bunch of frames (JPEGs rather than GIFs) on my old backup hard drive that now makes me wonder if I actually created that in the first place. But I honestly don't remember. (At the time, I was probably drunk.)

Edit: holy poo poo, GIS links tell me it *was* me, back in 2007. The stills, anyway; I don't remember doing it as a GIF. But then I don't remember much about that period in general. :smith:

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 1, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jeri Ryan playing Seven of Nine playing Robert Picardo playing the Doctor is amazing.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Ship chat

:downs:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Still better than that loving bottle opener.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

No! Bad! [sprays with water]

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Max crew and passengers: a billion

Max speed: full impulse

Lmao

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
It looks like a Romulan warbird with tumors.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pacra posted:

Ship chat

Needs a single gigantic nacelle sticking out of the top.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

McSpanky posted:

Needs a single gigantic nacelle sticking out of the top.

Vertically.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Pacra posted:

Ship chat

Nice to see a Pakled engineer working for Starfleet.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

"Here's my pitch: Tits. In. Space."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zero G Jugs?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Still better than that loving bottle opener.

I think I posted that in the ST:D thread, I'll crosspost it here:

:yikes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pacra posted:

Nah, I love that thing. The verticality is great. I can imagine it having about 10 different shuttle bays down the aft side.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also it does something new while being instantly starfleet at the same time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It's a B-wing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Pacra posted:

Ah, the anime Starfleet where the corrupt admiral is named Pius and his flagship, the USS Blessing of God, is shaped like a huge crucifix.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Timby posted:

It's a B-wing.

:emptyquote:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Ah, the anime Starfleet where the corrupt admiral is named Pius and his flagship, the USS Blessing of God, is shaped like a huge crucifix.

I admit it, I went looking for Star Trek/Evangelion mashups, but didn't find any I liked.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Pacra posted:

Ship chat

When the saucers separate, only the darker-colored part around the lighter inner saucers actually come off.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Pacra posted:

Ship chat

I made this in 2012 for a Photoshop Phriday.

https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/eye-mouth-mixup/1/

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I watched DS9 S01E11, "The Storyteller", and the A story with O'Brien and Bashir seemed like some bog standard "monster terrorizing the village" plot like that episode of Avatar, but the B story with the teenage ruler learning how to compromise from Jake, Nog, and Sisko was really good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gotta go fast

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine S01E15, the eminent domain episode with Jake and Nog's first business venture, was really good

Here (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, S01E16), the PADD looks pretty much like a book app in a modern tablet or an e-reader

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the skrreea design makes me want to vomit

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Low Desert Punk posted:

the skrreea design makes me want to vomit

"So, we can't really use much of the budget for this week's alien. Any ideas that won't cost us money?"

"How about Pentecostal hair, and really bad skin?"

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Well, we have all this oatmeal at craft services that no one's eating...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think everything about those aliens was supposed to annoy and offend so you could understand the Bajoran perspective.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Tragedienne posted:

"So, we can't really use much of the budget for this week's alien. Any ideas that won't cost us money?"

No, that's too expensive. Let's go with really bad hair and Pentecostal skin instead.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Tragedienne posted:

"Just grab me some spirit gum and some dry oatmeal from craft services."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

galenanorth posted:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine S01E15, the eminent domain episode with Jake and Nog's first business venture, was really good

Here (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, S01E16), the PADD looks pretty much like a book app in a modern tablet or an e-reader

The major lesson I get from this episode is Major Kira hates pizza ovens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I've been watching some of the Borg episodes lately and thinking about how the concept has evolved over the years. It almost feels like their coolness in early TNG was one of those accidents created by creative restraints.

Conspiracy - "we want to do an insectoid hive race, but we don't have the budget. Also, this episode made people barf so let's retool. "

Q Who - "okay, we're going to glue a bunch of tubes and machines on these guys. We'll introduce them as the 'ultimate user:' a group of smug-rear end, monomaniacal technophiles who will stop at nothing in their quest for better stuff. What's their exact story? Who knows!"

BOBW Part 2 - "okay, great cliffhanger guys, but we need to figure out why they made Picard a Borg. So... they turn people into Borgs now? This is a thing they've always done, maybe?"

The Hugh episodes - "Yes, that is their thing. Always has been. Yep."

First Contact - "Hey, we can finally go a little more nuts on that that original insect concept we had. Also, it's a movie, so they're also sort of zombies now."

Voyager - "Man, it's so great we can just keep re-using all those props from that popular movie. Assimilation assimilation Borg Queen nanoprobes assimilation."