Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I, uh, don't think I'll have to worry about money again anytime soon. Also, if anyone was curious about the Zhloe minion, here she is.

Give me your luck with WT. Khloe only enjoys tormenting me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Quick AST question: what's the value of Arrow/Spear compared to Balance now? Is it still always worth it to fish for Balance in 8-mans, or is its value low enough that playing it safe if you get an Arrow/Spear draw better?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Balance is still better, but a spread Spear during the opener can be quite competitive with all the crit stacking.

I want to stay that if you draw a Spear, it's worth using it instead of redrawing (especially on a Bard) unless you have a spread Balance already and don't have an AoE Royal Road stocked up. Arrow I'm not so sure about unless you have a BLM in the party.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sometimes I arrow myself.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Alder posted:

That's gross.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Y'all mind if I post my small house with nothing but NPC furniture?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vermain posted:

Quick AST question: what's the value of Arrow/Spear compared to Balance now? Is it still always worth it to fish for Balance in 8-mans, or is its value low enough that playing it safe if you get an Arrow/Spear draw better?
I know BLMs love that Arrow and so in some situations it may be better to throw that arrow on a BLM than let it ride.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

NachtSieger posted:

Y'all mind if I post my small house with nothing but NPC furniture?

Post whatever you want.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Alder posted:

Anyone for potd today right now on jenova?

I’m not on but would like to friend you and the other guy for POTD action. What’s your name in game?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Mordiceius & Masami's 1st Annual Housing Decorator Battle Royale: A Fight to the Death... OF STYLE

The Warrior of Light has spent years on the the battlefield, fighting foes both seen and unseen. However, are you a bad enough dude to step up and take on the biggest challenge yet - interior design!

In conjunction with the Manderville Gold Saucer's Make It Rain campaign, Mordiceius Ketsumei wants to make it rain on your wallet with fabulous prizes!

Over the three weeks of this competition, the goal is to decorate the best house and/or apartment possible.

Rules & Requirements
This is for players on the Excalibur server, sorry other servers.
This is a competition for privately owned Houses and Apartments. FC houses are not eligible for the prizes.
You may compete in both the housing tier and the apartment tier, should you have both.
Only the current main homeowner may apply for competition. If you are a shared tenant of an estate, you cannot sign up with an estate unless you are the main owner.
To sign up, you must go to Mordiceius Ketsumei's house at Mist, Ward 9, Plot 4 and leave a message in the message book with your house/apartment address any time before the final deadline.
All entries must be open to the public so anyone can view.
All entries must contain a message book either inside or outside the property.

Final Deadline
June 23rd, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Once entries are closed, a list of all participating homeowners will be listed in this thread so anyone may view.

Winners will be announced by June 24th, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Prizes!
Best in Show: Estate
5 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Best in Show: Apartment
1 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 9, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Alder posted:

you'll go blind

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

dreffen posted:

I’m not on but would like to friend you and the other guy for POTD action. What’s your name in game?

Rory Crowe and now I only need one more player.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Brainamp posted:

Post whatever you want.

might i interest you in some nude catgirl mods

(No but seriously, I worry a lot, so I felt it polite to ask :ohdear:)

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Mordiceius posted:

Mordiceius & Masami's 1st Annual Housing Decorator Battle Royale: A Fight to the Death... OF STYLE

aw is this excalibur only :( I have a pretty cool apartment I'd like to show off and win prizes with but it's on balmung, alas!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Solovey posted:

aw is this excalibur only :( I have a pretty cool apartment I'd like to show off and win prizes with but it's on balmung, alas!

Yes, unfortunately, this is Excalibur only.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Two questions

1. I'm a scrub, what do I meld onto gear for DRK
2. Is there a way to transfer the game files onto a new PC to avoid having to re-download everything? I know you can save your settings but if there's a way to transfer all these huge files full of catgirl panty textures, that would be swell.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

NachtSieger posted:

might i interest you in some nude catgirl mods

(No but seriously, I worry a lot, so I felt it polite to ask :ohdear:)

We post character shots and poo poo all the time. Taking fun pics is just part of the game.

Also do not speak to me of mods. That is a darkness I have fully drowned myself in.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Goddam, that is a vest I did not know that I wanted until now. :argh:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nessus posted:

Two questions

2. Is there a way to transfer the game files onto a new PC to avoid having to re-download everything? I know you can save your settings but if there's a way to transfer all these huge files full of catgirl panty textures, that would be swell.

1. Strength right side, Direct Hit (if you don't also play Warrior) or Crit (if you do) for left side.
2. I think you can just transfer over your FFXIV folder.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nessus posted:

Two questions

You can copy the folder and get your settings too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Jose Valasquez posted:

You can copy the folder and get your settings too.
Aces. What directory will I put it in?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Nessus posted:

Two questions

You can just lift the whole game directory, put it anywhere on your new PC or new hard drive and make new shortcuts to ffxivboot.exe

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
For desynthesising, is it better to focus on a few jobs or go jack-of-all-trades? I'm guessing both have advantages/disadvantages, but what are those? Also, if I choose to focus on a few, how many is it actually possible to max?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Foxhound posted:

For desynthesising, is it better to focus on a few jobs or go jack-of-all-trades? I'm guessing both have advantages/disadvantages, but what are those? Also, if I choose to focus on a few, how many is it actually possible to max?

Probably best to focus on 3. You can max out 3.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

It should be noted that it will probably take literal years to make the money back if you wanted to fully level desynth.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
At the start of an expansion you can print as much money as you want with desynth by buying all the quest rewards people put up for below vendor price to a few thousand gil and selling the fresh new mats everyone needs to level crafting.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Mordiceius posted:

dang, totally understandable though! that just means I'll have to show off my decorating in the thread, huh

this is my desert basement in the goblet, ward #11, room #72 if any balmung goons want to come have a look! :shobon:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

For leveling up retainers, is it better to do hunting missions or quick ventures?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cabbit posted:

For leveling up retainers, is it better to do hunting missions or quick ventures?

Quick ventures while you're online, then an 18 hour hunting mission when you log off for the day are the quickest way to level retainers.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

After 7 hrs later I reached FL 187 before we died tragically against Garms :sigh:

Also, I learned you can do POTD w/cross-world parties which is nice but I just want to lay down forever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alder posted:

After 7 hrs later I reached FL 187 before we died tragically against Garms :sigh:

Wiped on 180 with randoms today. On the plus side, I got two of those Night Pegasus Whistles.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Finally 50 with a summoner now, thank god. I'll never have to touch squadron dungeons again, until when I level up the other million dps classes :shepface:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh now I get what someone meant by being afk for half an hour in the main story roulette

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Squadron is the worst. It feels like it punishes you for playing a DPS, but as a Tank I can handle the same mechanics just fine despite not being particularly good at tanking.

Brayflox Hard's final boss is the worst in squadron unless you have Unleash or Overpower. :argh:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

EponymousMrYar posted:

Quick ventures while you're online, then an 18 hour hunting mission when you log off for the day are the quickest way to level retainers.

I don't have quick venture-- I have hunting, exploration (which is 18 hours), and quick exploration.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

What ever happened to Big Pizza?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Solovey posted:

Mordiceius posted:

dang, totally understandable though! that just means I'll have to show off my decorating in the thread, huh

Alas, I'm also a Balgoon and will have to settle for showing off in the thread. My Warrior of Light's gone full weeaboo native.

Living area, with a study/stuff area to the right and a kitchen/dining area/shrine to Sophia to the left. I'm kinda sad I can't use the dress rack or the little hat/handbag stand for anything, but eh. Also, beware of Ted the blobfish, some say he's a real killer.

And the bedroom/other stuff area. I like to think my character is secretly a huge fashionista and dabbling clothing designer, so her room's full of dressers and drawers and kimonos and makeup kits. :3: And, you know, a loom, because the WoL doesn't play around. Also there's a bathtub in there because I didn't want to try to make another room and eat up even more space; I'm really happy with the kimono rack as a semi room divider to make it seem less out of place.

Also, it's in Shirogane, so the hidden shores are right there if you and yours want to enjoy the sunrise.

Shirogane, Ward 13, Apartment 74 if people want to come invade my privacy.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 3, 2018

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Anyone dealt with support before? I was trying to resub, got a bunch of error messages and now there's a bunch of pending charges on my card and no subscription access. I sent a message to support but no idea how effective they are?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cabbit posted:

I don't have quick venture-- I have hunting, exploration (which is 18 hours), and quick exploration.

Quick exploration is what he means. It takes an hour and is basically a pull of the slot machine for almost any item in the game, quality weighted based on how good your retainer's gear is. (I think it only checks item level for combat classes and the gathering stat for DoL but I'm not sure.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was hoping to have O8S cleared by the time Ultima Weapon Ultimate came out. Dammit.

Oh well; I'll just add that and Bahamut to the list of things I want to do someday.