Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was hoping to have O8S cleared by the time Ultima Weapon Ultimate came out. Dammit.

Oh well; I'll just add that and Bahamut to the list of things I want to do someday.

That reminds me, I (still) need to add you in-game or on Discord or something so I can grab you when we need a sub, or when our raid boss gets tired of our BRD being rather poor, or for when I'm bored/desperate enough to try party finder Kefka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

That reminds me, I (still) need to add you in-game or on Discord or something so I can grab you when we need a sub, or when our raid boss gets tired of our BRD being rather poor, or for when I'm bored/desperate enough to try party finder Kefka.

IGN: Berteaux Braumegain/Cactuar

I can PM you my Discord.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

IGN: Berteaux Braumegain/Cactuar

I can PM you my Discord.

I don't have Plat and cross-server player search isn't really a thing, but you can message me on Discord at Estelle, Wandering Dramaturge#4324.

So this post isn't entirely devoid of content, have some anime.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Still looking for aether folks for POTD before HoH but this time I'll run it in segments vs no lifing to floor 200. PM for discord info. Thanks.

Avg run: 6+ hrs

I plan to run it 2 hrs each time over 3 days.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

World War Mammories posted:

Quick exploration is what he means. It takes an hour and is basically a pull of the slot machine for almost any item in the game, quality weighted based on how good your retainer's gear is. (I think it only checks item level for combat classes and the gathering stat for DoL but I'm not sure.)

I must be getting some bad pulls, because I've run four of the things in a row for a fraction of the Hunting venture XP, at twice the cost in venture coins.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cabbit posted:

I must be getting some bad pulls, because I've run four of the things in a row for a fraction of the Hunting venture XP, at twice the cost in venture coins.
Yeah, you'll get bad pulls but when you get good pulls they're really, really good and give exponentially more XP than Hunting Ventures. Once you get some levels and decent gear on your retainers you'll get a better average on the slot machine.

In ARR my retainer managed to bring back a White Raven plate from the Coils while around level 30 and they leveled twice off of that alone.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Someone convince me that I shouldn't go try to catch every fish in the game.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

Do it. It's really easy and takes almost no time, it's really worth the effort and you wouldn't spend your time on something useful anyway.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dwesa posted:

Do it. It's really easy and takes almost no time, it's really worth the effort and you wouldn't spend your time on something useful anyway.

:thunk:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The biggest thing that has stopped me from doing it in the past is figuring out the best way to track the fish caugh. One thing I’ve liked about Triple Triad tracker sites is being able to track which cards I’ve collected and which cards are left. Neither FF14angler or Garlond Tools seem set up to handle this. FF14angler seems to require all fish to be manually added to the tracker and Garlond Tools only tracks big/rare fish it seems.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I heard it's worse than the ARR Sightseeing log, so literally gently caress that noise.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Whoever decided that the Sightseeing Log should have timer based areas need to be smacked with a harbor herring.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Friendly neighbourhood catboy with more pictures of this beautiful game.

Samurai becomes so much fun to play at 62 when every ability fills up the Kenki gauge. Never feels like I'm out of buttons to press! So much fun.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

My RDM is 61, my SAM 67, and it's very hard to convince myself to wait until the SAM is 70 (and I can fly everywhere) to go back and level up the RDM.

Verflare haunts me. I want to cast that spell so drat much. But it takes so god drat long and leveling without the Path to 60, main scenario quests, or POTD spam being good, and it's like 68 or 70.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The 61-70 dungeons are stupid good for xp. Yeah, the queues might take a bit, but they are the fastest way to level stuff at that stage. You also have a couple beast tribes to supplement with.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Verflare haunts me.
Verholy is far more impressive. :colbert:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cabbit posted:

But it takes so god drat long and leveling without the Path to 60, main scenario quests, or POTD spam being good, and it's like 68 or 70.

It seems like it takes a long time, but, realistically, 60-70 with the Armory bonus isn't that long. You're probably looking at a week and a bit if you do Leveling, 50/60, and MSQ every day (possibly more/less depending on what your MSQ luck is like).

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Brainamp posted:

The 61-70 dungeons are stupid good for xp. Yeah, the queues might take a bit, but they are the fastest way to level stuff at that stage. You also have a couple beast tribes to supplement with.

And hunts. Do the ones that aren't a pain without flying and it's nice exp and you'll have like, one extra tier 6 materia by the time you're 70.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

The biggest thing that has stopped me from doing it in the past is figuring out the best way to track the fish caugh. One thing I’ve liked about Triple Triad tracker sites is being able to track which cards I’ve collected and which cards are left. Neither FF14angler or Garlond Tools seem set up to handle this. FF14angler seems to require all fish to be manually added to the tracker and Garlond Tools only tracks big/rare fish it seems.

But there’s an in game fishing log that I’m pretty sure does exactly that? Or at least it shows you that you are missing x number of fish from this fishing hole and it’s pretty easy to look up what those are

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Hi my house kind of sucks but I'm living the millennial dream in having a house at all (and I'm bad at raising gil), so I'm fine with that :v:

Also all of this poo poo I bought from NPCs.

The outside I have no idea what to do with, so it's really plain as hell. All I have is the deluxe plot and a wagon of roses.

Shots of my first floor. Frankly I'm not all that good at decoration, but I tried and that's what's important! Also my catgirl is horrible with her books.

Kind of a boring shot, but I like the rug at the bottom of the stars. I've no idea what to do here.

The WoL: godkiller, savior of Eorzea, peerless warrior, avid reader, and fantastically untidy. Also leaves classified documents lying about in a horrible messy pile.

P.S.: Where do I get a guestbook?

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 4, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Guestbooks are crafted, but they're like level 62 so not hard to make if you have a carpenter leveled up.

Curry Favor
Aug 23, 2003

Figured I'd share my small house in Mists now that its finished. (Mateus: Mists, Ward 4, Plot 54 if you want to visit!)

Outside Yard, Chocobo Stables, and Garden.

Inside ground floor, with library, loft, fireplace and seating area.

Downstairs landing, dining room and hallway.

Bedroom and Bath.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Hi I'm Linavi from Lavender Beds Ward 1 Plot 26 (Excal) and I entered the contest but I didn't know if I should post too or whatever so here I am.

Also this isn't a picture from my house but sometimes I like to creep on other people's houses and check out their bathrooms.
I call this one "A Gentleman Squats, Rather than Sits"

Shaman Linavi fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 4, 2018

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It would take me like 40 loving minutes to upload pictures of my house on this lovely DSL. So just come poo poo on my taste in decoration at Ward 5, Plot 51 in Shirogane, on Excalibur

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My house is on Jenova but you can look at it anyway. Only minor changes have been made since the screenshots were taken (like a guest book and another fish tank)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Xun posted:

But there’s an in game fishing log that I’m pretty sure does exactly that? Or at least it shows you that you are missing x number of fish from this fishing hole and it’s pretty easy to look up what those are

Yes, and I don't want to have to look up each individual fishing whole. I want an overall timing tracker of all the fish in the game where I can mark off the ones I have.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah, you'll get bad pulls but when you get good pulls they're really, really good and give exponentially more XP than Hunting Ventures. Once you get some levels and decent gear on your retainers you'll get a better average on the slot machine.

In ARR my retainer managed to bring back a White Raven plate from the Coils while around level 30 and they leveled twice off of that alone.

About what level should I switch to quick exploration? Because my dudes are 20, in appropriate level 20 gear, and I'm up to eight straight quick explorations with sub-4k XP rewards (compared to 13.6k from hunting).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Me posted:

I'm going to fill the Fishing Log.

Me, five minutes after looking up how that works posted:

:suicide:

What kind of an rear end in a top hat thinks it's a good idea to make a node unavailable for 11 days only for it to become available during work hours for ten minutes?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cabbit posted:

About what level should I switch to quick exploration? Because my dudes are 20, in appropriate level 20 gear, and I'm up to eight straight quick explorations with sub-4k XP rewards (compared to 13.6k from hunting).

I honestly don't remember when I switched to full time quick explorationing my retainers (probably around 30 when I hit the RNG jackpot.) Unless you need something specific from normal ventures just keep hitting the Quick Exploration lever and hope for jackpots.

The 18 hour explorations keep XP gain pretty similar between the two (and Quick Explorations use less ventures.)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What kind of an rear end in a top hat thinks it's a good idea to make a node unavailable for 11 days only for it to become available during work hours for ten minutes?

No doubt it's the Japanese evening so get hosed gaijin.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

nice

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
can someone give me a quick rundown of SAM vs MNK for post-patch big dick dps. Are they relatively equal now, or is MNK still straight-up better?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

pupuru posted:

can someone give me a quick rundown of SAM vs MNK for post-patch big dick dps. Are they relatively equal now, or is MNK still straight-up better?

MNK is still straight up better, sam was something like a 2% buff and they don't have any party utility.

And MNK will just get flat out better as we get more crit obviously.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

pupuru posted:

MNK is still straight up better in static teams but you can take solace in that it ultimately doesn't matter because SAM is still king of pubs while MNK being better in real teams is insignificant in that people would still take any OTHER DPS job over either Samurai OR Monk barring Red Mage.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Got roped into the new extreme over the weekend and cleared it a few times. First extreme I've done since Susano due to life stuff/general lack of enthusiasm for SB for awhile. The first clear was a struggle (FC party, most of us new, with one of our healers walking us through it) but once we got that everything more or less fell into place. Only times we wiped after that were when too many of us got sloppy at the same time.

It's a fun enough fight, but very rigid once you've seen all of the mechanics. I don't normally do pub groups for current content but I could absolutely see myself joining randoms for this and being fine. I think I'm up to seven totems with no weapon but I did get the mount - given that I have never gotten a dog or a bird before this I am pretty excited.

I may have felt bad when I realized that some of my accessories are still 330s...I was wondering why I was struggling to keep up with DPS.

edit: Before we got that first clear, hearing "it's going to be a loooooooong night" at the start of every pull was one hell of a taunt.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Monk will keep getting better as more Crit becomes available, at least until some mythical point where they crit on every single attack.

The same can't really be said for Sam and Sks. My opener is already a bit janky at 2200ish since I'm left delaying a second while I wait on a buff to finish recharging. It gets really weird if somebody throws an enhanced Arrow at me (<1.7 second gcd).

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Monk will keep getting better as more Crit becomes available, at least until some mythical point where they crit on every single attack.

The same can't really be said for Sam and Sks. My opener is already a bit janky at 2200ish since I'm left delaying a second while I wait on a buff to finish recharging. It gets really weird if somebody throws an enhanced Arrow at me (<1.7 second gcd).

Adjust your opener

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Thundarr posted:

Everyday we get closer and closer to crossing the Monk Horizon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alakaiser posted:

edit: Before we got that first clear, hearing "it's going to be a loooooooong night" at the start of every pull was one hell of a taunt.