Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Not having to move for bootshine. The future is bright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Whoever decided that the Sightseeing Log should have timer based areas need to be smacked with a harbor herring.
It's actually not that bad! I did the ARR sightseeing log about a year back with the help of a tracker (http://vistas.explorexiv.com/) and found myself enjoying it. There's a lot of out-of-the-way places in the old maps that you'd otherwise just sprint past or completely ignore, and getting there a few minutes ahead of time gives you a reason to take it in. Two or three of the jumps are utterly infuriating though (the Ixali logging grounds can go gently caress themselves). As long as you keep the tab open and check what's coming up soon-ish, you can get the whole thing done in a week or two of extremely passive play.

Jesus, there really is no escape.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We are the FFXIV fans.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

Adjust your opener

Maybe when there's another several hundred sks in the next tier (rip my TP bar though). For right now it's more an issue of either wasting one Sen by finishing a combo while I'm already at 3, or delaying by one GCD for Hagakure to come back off cd before finishing the combo. I guess I'm not enough of a tryhard to redo my opener muscle memory over just that.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Maybe when there's another several hundred sks in the next tier (rip my TP bar though). For right now it's more an issue of either wasting one Sen by finishing a combo while I'm already at 3, or delaying by one GCD for Hagakure to come back off cd before finishing the combo. I guess I'm not enough of a tryhard to redo my opener muscle memory over just that.

If you are doing the normal 3 sen opener I think you can switch your last meikyo from gekko to yukikaze and be fine. It is not 100% optimal but it is a lot better than delaying a gcd or delaying hagakure and it is only one button change

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Urge to kill... rising...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Me, before Hagakure: "Man, I've got so much kenki."
Me, after Hagakure: [T2 thumbs up while descending into vat of molten kenki]

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Me, before Hagakure: "Man, I've got so much kenki."
Me, after Hagakure: [T2 thumbs up while descending into vat of molten kenki]

I hit 62 on SAM the other day. Are you telling me it gets even better?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rainuwastaken posted:

It's 60 kenki on a 40 second CD if you eat all three sen for it, so, yes.

Shintens for days.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rainuwastaken posted:

You like Shinten? Hagakure lets you Shinten even more. Trade 3 sen for 60 kenki, proceed to stab some fools.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I just got into a Monday night Rabanastre run with no wipes and so much DPS we skipped mechanics on multiple bosses. This must be setting me up for some extreme cosmic disappointment next week or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SL the Pyro posted:

You know, that dance wasn't so safe.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

SL the Pyro posted:

the best beast tribe ever :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr Snofeld posted:

I just got into a Monday night Rabanastre run with no wipes and so much DPS we skipped mechanics on multiple bosses. This must be setting me up for some extreme cosmic disappointment next week or something.

To be fair, that just sounds like how Rabanastre goes now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

So, Sleeve Draw. I'm assuming I just pop this motherfucker whenever in 4-mans, but I'm not sure about it in 8-mans. Under the assumption that I've already prepared AoE Balance beforehand, is it best to immediately use it after Spread and pray for an ideal setup, or should I hold on to it until after my next normal Draw in case I don't get Balance or Spire/Ewer? It seems like it's better to hold on to it until I can see if I can get at least one part of combo set up, but I'm unsure if that's efficient.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Speaking of Rabanastre, I finally did Ridorana yesterday. It's really good and I'm looking forward to the finale.

If you haven't done it yet, don't be afraid to go in blind. The mechanics are all really clever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

Speaking of Rabanastre, I finally did Ridorana yesterday. It's really good and I'm looking forward to the finale.

If you haven't done it yet, don't be afraid to go in blind. The mechanics are all really clever.

I'm not a fan of "look up" mechanics when field is view is already pretty constrained, but aside from that (and the unexpected hp bar change in MathMan) all mechanics were fairly self explanatory.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

:allears: The smartest fish in all of Doma

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Vermain posted:

So, Sleeve Draw. I'm assuming I just pop this motherfucker whenever in 4-mans, but I'm not sure about it in 8-mans. Under the assumption that I've already prepared AoE Balance beforehand, is it best to immediately use it after Spread and pray for an ideal setup, or should I hold on to it until after my next normal Draw in case I don't get Balance or Spire/Ewer? It seems like it's better to hold on to it until I can see if I can get at least one part of combo set up, but I'm unsure if that's efficient.

I just pop that fucker whenever it’s off cool down and deal with the cards as I would if I drew them normally. I don’t know if that’s the best way but it works, and definitely increases the amount of cards I use on people in current content vs. old stuff.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to wonder if XIV's dev team got a lot of people complaining Hashmal was too hard, because the second boss of Ridorana is so easy that it's almost hysterical.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

lmao

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be fair, that just sounds like how Rabanastre goes now.

Not for me. Last week one of the parties failed every split party DPS check in the raid up to and including Rofocale. One of my party's DPS had to go into the hexagon to help them, and we STILL killed ours before them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Vermain posted:

Pop that fucker whenever, but for maximum usage, you want to Draw first, then Sleeve Draw.

Draw, and then you can manipulate the card however you like, shuffle it, spread it, road it, or Minor Arcana it, and then when you Sleeve Draw, it will draw a new card into that slot regardless of cooldown, so long as you are not holding a Draw'd card.

Sleeve Draw, and then you will find that you cannot Draw afterwards, because Draw went on cooldown after you used the card that you Draw'd with Sleeve Draw.

Sleeve Draw explicitly does not overwrite cards you have banked in Draw, Royal Road, Minor Arcana, or Spread, and will only draw something in every other empty slot.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have to wonder if XIV's dev team got a lot of people complaining Hashmal was too hard, because the second boss of Ridorana is so easy that it's almost hysterical.

If anything, they pushed the nightmare boss up sooner this time around. Despite being fairly easy, I've seen more wipes and near-wipes to Famfrit than any other boss in there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr Snofeld posted:

Not for me. Last week one of the parties failed every split party DPS check in the raid up to and including Rofocale. One of my party's DPS had to go into the hexagon to help them, and we STILL killed ours before them.

Yikes.

Rainuwastaken posted:

If anything, they pushed the nightmare boss up sooner this time around. Despite being fairly easy, I've seen more wipes and near-wipes to Famfrit than any other boss in there.

Tsunami hits way too hard. :argh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tsunami is functionally a one hit kill with a fancy wrapper, though you can potentially save yourself from your fuckup of standing in it in the first place. The actual worst part is needing to use unfamiliar camera angles to be able to see it coming.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

Tsunami is functionally a one hit kill with a fancy wrapper, though you can potentially save yourself from your fuckup of standing in it in the first place. The actual worst part is needing to use unfamiliar camera angles to be able to see it coming.

Also dodging the pots. That's kind of a pain for melee when he throws them out in the 'they all cross the center where the boss is standing' pattern.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If your healer is on their poo poo and you start moving immediately you might make it out of a tsunami. That is unless I'm your healer because I probably got tsunamied myself and am using my cooldowns to save myself

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Tsunami hits way too hard. :argh:

Aetherial Manipulation means I can get hit by Tsunami and still get out just fine. :smuggo:

It's too bad the rest of the fights poo poo all over my turret rear end

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I've lived through them a few times. If I don't get hit by anything else, that is. Sometimes I might just stand still to get off Vercure for insurance.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Which one is tsunami? Is it the big sustained cone aoe?

Because like a dumb rear end i get hit at least three times per fight with that, and if i remember right i've never died to it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I turned other peoples effects to minimum because it was hard to see what direction he was going to splash with a million flares and fire IVs being thrown at him every second.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I turned other peoples effects to minimum because it was hard to see what direction he was going to splash with a million flares and fire IVs being thrown at him every second.
I will never turn down the effects slider, coward

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What is the cue for which direction he turns

So far I've just hit sprint and survived by running after he turns to face me

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

What is the cue for which direction he turns

So far I've just hit sprint and survived by running after he turns to face me

He sucks in water, and then blasts it back out in the same direction.

Don't be on the side he's sucking in water from.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, it's entirely an animation tell so you have to be watching his model and have the camera positioned so you can see the jug he's carrying.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Same direction he sucks in from. Not the way he's facing.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Yup, the tell is the jug facing, not Famfrit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I still have trouble getting a good camera angle for Famfrit, doesn't matter if I'm ranged or melee.