Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
There is nothing wrong with sharing a bed with a friend, GF did nothing wrong, air mattresses are garbage

Edit: I'm sorry. this was a terrible snipe.

Here:

My father [M55] lied about something crucial (at least to me) to his girlfriend [F45]Non-Romantic

quote:

My mother passed away five years ago. Since then my father got over depression and got himself a new girlfriend.

Now the problem: I randomly learnt (his girlfriend mentioned in a text message "that house you used to have") that he lied to her that he had to sell off a vacation house WE NEVER HAD to pay for my mother's medical bills WHICH SHE DID NOT HAVE because of the medical insurance. Now this is something completely out of character of him to do; I was completely baffled when I learned about it.

I am sure we never had it, because... why would they both hide something like that from their children? and the house would have been in a foreign land - and the trips thereto would be really hard to miss... that's why I am quite sure it's not true.

One possible reason I can think of that my father is a struggling entrepreneur and super self conscious of not making as much money as he hoped he would and this whole lies must have been a show off attempt gone terribly wrong.

The thing that bothers me so much that my mother would never ever agree to something like that! She was pretty adamant of not getting our family into financial trouble because of the illness, that's why she opted for the cheaper (but still good quality) government healthcare insurance. Telling stories like that completely distorts her image and pisses me off to no end.

Another reason though... guilt. What if we did sell off the real estate we did have and paid for the more expensive treatment? Would she still be alive? Did we all try hard enough? Maybe he is making stories to make him feel better - like we did everything we could.

How to confront? Should I confront him or should I just let it go? I learnt about that yesterday and decided to cool off first..

UPD1: Double-checked all the family property-related documents, tax filings, my mum's old e-mails, my older brother. Nah. Not there.

UPD2: On why it is so important to me: Medical bills are not degrading, of course not. But she sacrificed not to spend $$$ on the additional medical services. I offered my college savings, she declined. We offered to sell the apartment, she declined. Hell knows, might have been better in Israel or somewhere else, but she did not want to take the family's money for what she believed to be lost case. And yes, that keeps me up at night, thinking about "what-if-we-insisted". And then I hear this...

TL:DR: father made up some stupid lies about imaginary house he had to sell off to pay for my late mothers' medical bills

WHY?

girl pants fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ham Sandwiches posted:

That dude sure knows a lot

The uh "browbeat them into marriage" technique, very advanced stuff

Maybe she could get married to an editor that will help her with her posts?

It's imperative that she get hitched within a year of dating because otherwise her partner might start getting some sense of what a lifetime with her would be like

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

girl pants posted:

There is nothing wrong with sharing a bed with a friend, GF did nothing wrong, air mattresses are garbage

Ok but when the scenario is someone explicitly asking them to not sleep in the same bed, and they do anyway, doesn't that seem like what the person was trying to avoid and the very thing they agreed not to do

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL (on both accounts).

I hope that she breaks up with Mr. Sports-sperg, and when she does, he develops an unreasonable grudge against Kyrie Irving for not closing out the Cavs.
‘My relationship would have been fine if the Celtics won!’
Uh, Kryie hasn't played in months.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok but when the scenario is someone explicitly asking them to not sleep in the same bed, and they do anyway, doesn't that seem like what the person was trying to avoid and the very thing they agreed not to do

He's wrong for not wanting her to do it in the first place :colbert:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

girl pants posted:

Yes, but if she agreed to it, and she did...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Leon Einstein posted:

Uh, Kryie hasn't played in months.

That’s the only Celts players name I knew off the top of my head. :downs:

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yes, but if she agreed to it, and she did...

He should apply the knowledge that he's dumb and makes dumb demands in his next relationship.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

girl pants posted:

He should apply the knowledge that he's dumb and makes dumb demands in his next relationship.

So let me ask you a larger question than this air mattress

People in relationships often have different standards. Let's pretend this was the other way around with the BF going to vegas and the GF asking him not to go to a strip club. He agrees not to. And then shocker, he ends up at one, everyone was drunk, it wasn't his idea, he wasn't the one driving it was a group blah blah.

My question is like, when you agree to other people's weird demands, to what extent is one actually obligated to follow through on them? Because this seems like it got as far as "mild inconvenience" before they said fuckit. And I'm just curious, is that the way it works? People just agree to whatever dumb stuff the other person wants and then do what they want anyway? That seems like an odd way to communicate in a relationship, to me.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I’m kind of amazed at the transformation from being guy who likes basketball a little into a shrill, sports-r-dum nerdling. How the hell does that happen to someone after high school?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

I hated MLB as a kid, and we got tickets to a game 6? 7? (Whichever, it determined the series winner) World Series game in TO. The atmosphere and excitement in the crowd was pretty thrilling in and of itself. And a guy cranked a home run to win it, and everyone went nuts. It was pretty cool.

But hoo boy, the OP is salty

Then of course there’s some posters saying ‘don’t take that silent treatment crap from her!’ in the same sentence they say ‘she doesn’t need to apologize for anything.

Show us in your brain where LeBron James, Steph Curry and Kevin Durant hurt you, OP.

This dickhead is going to take his question to /rjustNoSports or something and throw a lot of shade about the 'unconstructive criticism' he got from r/relationships.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Clark Nova posted:

I’m kind of amazed at the transformation from being guy who likes basketball a little into a shrill, sports-r-dum nerdling. How the hell does that happen to someone after high school?

If anything, I assumed it generally worked in reverse: ‘hurr sports are dumb herp-a-derp!’ to ‘Yeah, I’m not huge on them, but they’re alright, I like super bowl parties at least.’

Heck, my dad and I don’t have a heck of a lot in common, but I got more into watching pro sports as I got older, and one thing we can always shoot the breeze about is sports (it didn’t hurt that he was more than happy to explain basketball rules to me one time I was home assembling shower favors and he had the playoffs on)

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 4, 2018

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

I honestly could not care less about this. I just think it's hilarious that apparently sleeping in a bed together automatically = they hosed and that his reaction was to yell LET ME SEARCH YOUR BAG FOR CONDOMS like he's just going to start rifling through this guy's stuff like he's a sex TSA agent.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

girl pants posted:

I honestly could not care less about this. I just think it's hilarious that apparently sleeping in a bed together automatically = they hosed and that his reaction was to yell LET ME SEARCH YOUR BAG FOR CONDOMS like he's just going to start rifling through this guy's stuff like he's a sex TSA agent.

Then let's agree that this dude is the world's worst detective and I hope they make a TV show about his exploits

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Clark Nova posted:

Maybe he just pretended to like them before since she was into them, and now found a convenient excuse to dislike it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

Being a huge baby about it is the tie that binds all sports opinion havers together

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I think anyone who's so uptight and hung up on their image of themselves as Anti-Sport that they can't see the value in going to watch a bunch of beautiful seven-foot-tall superheroes who can actually fly, in person, for a few hours is probably a joyless waste of time as a human.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

spite house posted:

I think anyone who's so uptight and hung up on their image of themselves as Anti-Sport that they can't see the value in going to watch a bunch of beautiful seven-foot-tall superheroes who can actually fly, in person, for a few hours is probably a joyless waste of time as a human.

but enough about roller derby

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

He's just the sulky making GBS threads on everything you like equivalent of the guy who gets So Mad his team lost that he smashes all the furniture in the room. Sports fury is a socially acceptable excuse for dudes to act like the dickweeds they are, where people are willing to shrug off absolute bullshit behavior as just a funny quirk instead of grounds to sever immediately.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 4, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Crowds and yelling are fun activities. Don't have to care for the sport.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL (on both accounts).

I hope that she breaks up with Mr. Sports-sperg, and when she does, he develops an unreasonable grudge against Kyrie Irving for not closing out the Cavs.
‘My relationship would have been fine if the Celtics won!’

Kyrie got hurt and did not play in the playoffs :negative:

I maintain that if he had been present we'd have beaten the Cavs and if Hayward were healthy too we'd be a challenge to the Warriors, but as it is this guy is just gonna have to get back on the dating scene

For the record I'm mad that it's Cavs/Warriors again too and also think it's super lame that the Finals is those two teams over and over, but if my wife or a hypothetical other SO got tickets to a game (complete with planning a trip to San Francisco to see it, preferably not Cleveland) I'd be pumped as hell and this guy is just being a baby

FUN FACT, the last time there was an NBA Finals that did not feature LeBron James, Boston Celtics leading playoff scorer Jayson Tatum was twelve years old

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
(TX) We threw a Youtuber out of our restaurant for inappropriately (sexually) filming out staff, now his fans are leaving hundreds of negative reviews online.

quote:

On Saturday night we had a Youtuber come into our restaurant for dinner. Not a big deal, until he decided to use his camera to zoom in on the rear end of the hostess serving him. We kindly asked him to leave because that kind of behavior is unacceptable. Within a few hours, we received over 1000 1 star reviews on Google because of this incident. There were also dozens of harassing phone calls, most of which mentioning rape or racism. Saturday night is the busiest night of the week, this was obviously detrimental to our business. We've downloaded the entire recording of the livestream, what are our options?

After several hours we've been able to work with Google to remove the negative reviews, however they're also on Yelp and Tripadvisor which Google cannot remove.

Who streams going to a restaurant alone?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

La Brea Carpet posted:

(TX) We threw a Youtuber out of our restaurant for inappropriately (sexually) filming out staff, now his fans are leaving hundreds of negative reviews online.

Andy Milonakis to the tune of 5000 viewers every loving day

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you get tickets to watch LeBron, even if he is being tasked to drag 4 literal sacks of potatoes in NBA jeresys back and forth across the court while facing off against the MonStars you take the goddamn tickets

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

He knows you can also contact Yelp and Tripadvisor and they can take phony reviews down too right

Barudak posted:

If you get tickets to watch LeBron, even if he is being tasked to drag 4 literal sacks of potatoes in NBA jeresys back and forth across the court while facing off against the MonStars you take the goddamn tickets

Accurate

This Finals is basically Space Jam if Bugs Bunny and his friends were all just figments of Michael Jordan's imagination (but the Monstars were still real)

but I'd watch that movie and I'd attend this Finals

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Barudak posted:

It's also the fact that your GF dropped at least $500 on hard to get tickets to a fun event and you can't be bothered to go. Like if someone bought me a ticket to the big Indian Cricket League final or whatever I'd be like, well I'll have no idea what the hell is going on but sure!

Also from the way the story unfolds, they either live in or very close to San Fran so double lol at not being able to even enjoy going to see your hometown team in the championships.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [24 F] emotionally cheated on my [32 M] boyfriend of 4 years with one of his friends, and I am unsure if I should tell him about it

"Girl talks to me about stuff she would talk to a female friend about. She wants to jump my bones," said an rear end in a top hat.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Bored posted:

"Girl talks to me about stuff she would talk to a female friend about. She wants to jump my bones," said an rear end in a top hat.

But he said it in a British accent so it was super charming.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The twist is that the relationship post is just elaborate viral marketing for Space Jam 2.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Bored posted:

Some dudes genuinely view "time spent talking and listening to the lady they're with" as foreplay, which is hilarious to me in many ways, but you can generally tell from their actions when it's one of those.

This dude blatantly dropped the "haha I listened to your bullshit for like, an hour, can we gently caress yet" and it owns

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Some dudes genuinely view "time spent talking and listening to the lady they're with" as foreplay, which is hilarious to me in many ways, but you can generally tell from their actions when it's one of those.

This dude blatantly dropped the "haha I listened to your bullshit for like, an hour, can we gently caress yet" and it owns

It's even better when you consider that it's his girlfriend's attached friend who he assumes needs to pay back his sympathetic ear with some sympathetic vagina.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A really cute tall woman smiled at me and I’ve been horny all day. Horny and unproductive.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Seriously my vagina is yeowling

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

A really cute tall woman smiled at me and I’ve been horny all day. Horny and unproductive.

:same:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

So is Reggie Miller still raining 3s for the Pacers?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Yeah, its why he gets lovely table service.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Batterypowered7 posted:

No but he's in a terrible looking movie with Shaq where old basketball players pretend to be even older basketball players.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

girl pants posted:

What an incredibly stupid thing to think.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

girl pants posted:

This too of course, possibly even stupider but that's not for mortals to decide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Seriously she and her classy, softly waved short hair and bright smile just made me gay again. im back