Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've heard people say positive things about Wynne herself, but generally not her government as a whole.

I'm a progressive who likes a lot of what Wynne has done, almost everything except for the various privatizations.

e: Her anti-union campaigning during this election has been awful though. I sat through a 20 minute presser on CP24 this morning about LONG NDP STRIKES! at the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Reince Penis posted:

I'm a progressive who likes a lot of what Wynne has done, almost everything except for the various privatizations.

e: Her anti-union campaigning during this election has been awful though. I sat through a 20 minute presser on CP24 this morning about LONG NDP STRIKES! at the gym.

I mean I can point to specific things I like, but her government as a whole has way too much in the way of conservative economic policy for me to reflect positively on.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I mean I can point to specific things I like, but her government as a whole has way too much in the way of conservative economic policy for me to reflect positively on.

Yeah I'm going to defend her whole administration but I'll just say she's been vilified unfairly for half a decade in this province and she refused to budge when the social conservatives trained their sights on her over sex ed (and let's be honest, her sexuality). She's not perfect but I think she's been a capable administrator of the province.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Personally she seems fine to me, I've never had a problem with her personally. I don't like the administration and I think I never really will having been personally affected by the privatization of some industries. Her sex ed policy was good and sorely overdue and the minwage increases were decent too, but I can't overlook the economic stuff.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ARACHTION posted:

This has been the single most entertaining provincial election that has occurred outside of my province. For anyone who has both a BC and Ontario perspective, who is more hated? Christy Clark or Kathleen Wynne?

I also have never heard anyone ever say a positive thing about Christy Clark. Even Liberal supporters seemed to dislike her despite thinking the government was ok.

Wynne wishes she was only as unpopular as Christy Clark, even at the height of Clark's unpopularity. Wynne's approval numbers are impressively bad.

That is impressive compared to Wynne, especially considering Clark presided over one of the most openly and shamelessly corrupt provincial governments maybe ever? Wynne seems to only be run-of-the-mill Liberal corrupt.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Yeah, Clark was way more of a shameless loving liar than Wynne, oh well

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I’m still baffled at the “ok, we’re going to lose, but that means you should vote for us” announcement.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"Support your good local candidates"

You first.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Not gonna lie. I’m feeling extremely anxious about Election Day.
My gut instinct tells me there’s more people with PC as their second choice than NDP among former liberal voters. No matter how many seats the NDP gain I fear it won’t be enough to stop a Ford majority.

He seems relaxed and ready to win this.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The chances for the NDP aren't good. A minority government would see the libs siding with the cons in a second, while a PC majority is still a real threat. Our voting system is super bad. I hope BC's referendum goes through.

I just want to be able to vote communist and actually one day get a single joke-candidate communist MLA sitting in the legislature because like 5% of us in the province did.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Baronjutter posted:

The chances for the NDP aren't good. A minority government would see the libs siding with the cons in a second, while a PC majority is still a real threat. Our voting system is super bad.

You know what else is super bad? Believing in polls.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Reminder that CBC's seat projections are worthless and Eric Grenier is a hack fraud

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Literally every person I've spoken to about the election in the last week believes the Conservatives are going to win because the OPC has "more efficient vote distribution." Which I assume is something being said on all the TVs? I don't know I avoid that pundit bullshit like the plague. It certainly isn't based in any real scientific type polling data.

:ughh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Efficient vote distribution is the strategic voting of Ontario 2018, is what I'm saying.

It's voter suppression.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Are there any decent riding-specific polls at all? I'm hearing I live in one of the few ridings where it's Lib-PC. (Eglinton-Lawrence)

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Reince Penis posted:

Efficient vote distribution is the strategic voting of Ontario 2018, is what I'm saying.

It's voter suppression.

Laurier has their own little algorithm too, has the libs at 5 seats. http://lispop.ca/seat-projection/provincial

They had a nice little post leaning towards premier horwath, http://lispop.ca/nexus/2018/06/04/may-be-counter-intuitive-would-you-believe-premier-horwath

quote:

“Looking at this another way, among current Liberal supporters, almost eight in ten would prefer an NDP win over a PC win. And this holds across the province from as high as 90 per cent of Liberals in eastern Ontario to 74 per cent for those living in the GTHA.”

At this late stage, the NDP has the largest pool of “accessible voters.” But how motivated are NDP supporters? Will they turn out to vote in large numbers?

The folks at Abacus believe they will – “Thirty-four per cent (of province-wide respondents) say they are certain to or likely to vote NDP compared with 29 per cent saying the same for the PCs … NDP supporters are as motivated, if not more motivated, than PC supporters.”

It's gonna be a good one, I'm going to drink at least 4 beers thursday night.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Azerban posted:

Are there any decent riding-specific polls at all? I'm hearing I live in one of the few ridings where it's Lib-PC. (Eglinton-Lawrence)

To my knowledge, no. There are people taking past polling data and applying general shifts in province-wide or regional polls to make guesses.

In the past those guesses could be called 'educated' because the voter model stayed mostly the same (i.e. PC + Liberal polling 32-38% each, NDP around 20-25%) but because the Liberals have collapsed and the NDP has surged I would argue those models are even less reliable than usual.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Azerban posted:

The campaigns themselves (or the bigger ones anyway) will do internal riding level polls, but they're never publicized.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

Literally every person I've spoken to about the election in the last week believes the Conservatives are going to win because the OPC has "more efficient vote distribution." Which I assume is something being said on all the TVs? I don't know I avoid that pundit bullshit like the plague. It certainly isn't based in any real scientific type polling data.

:ughh:

Yeah it’s probably something they heard that pudgy fraud Eric Grenier saying on CBC news.

Reminder that Eric Grenier has no background in statistics or quantitative science. He dishonestly positioned himself as Canada’s Nate Silver by starting a wordpress site with a name similar to “538” and relentlessly self-promoted his way into a job at CBC.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
the election will be a toss up nobody knows whats going to happen

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/abernatt/status/1003744619383812096

BAH GAWD JR THAT'S RENATA FORDS MUSIC

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

RBC posted:

Liberal sweep

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

RBC posted:

*image of Jeb! standing in front of map of Ontario provincial electoral ridings*

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

lol doug and randy ran their stupid label company into the ground

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

RBC posted:

lol doug and randy ran their stupid label company into the ground

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1003747407807549443

lmao Doug must have tried so hard to keep this from getting filed, I cannot even imagine

e: also, I wonder if being sued by Rob's widow will hurt Doug's standing with the Rob fans

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 4, 2018

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes

:munch:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

wrap it up fordailures

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Don't worry friend, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you'll spend the next 4 years eating as much popcorn as you want.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

RBC posted:

Ban polling.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Can't wait for the Liberal brain trust to announce Wynne is back in the race.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Zeeman posted:

e: also, I wonder if being sued by Rob's widow will hurt Doug's standing with the Rob fans

it's okay he still has all the people who are actually in it for doug

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DynamicSloth posted:

Can't wait for the Liberal brain trust to announce Wynne is back in the race.

Nah, we'll keep going with the union thing

https://twitter.com/OntLiberal/status/1003756695116550144

e; it was a two banger

https://twitter.com/OntLiberal/status/1003757383947079680

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Ford on Ford violence

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Count Roland posted:

Ban polling.

We don't need to ban polls, just get CBC to fire the dishonest hack fraud Eric Grenier

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
This election is the best.

https://twitter.com/trilliumpartyon/status/1003635432075100160?s=21

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 16, 2019

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/OntarioPCParty/status/1003627699557027842

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

This is actually amazing.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

They made some poor intern read his whole thesis and that's the best they could come up with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Aside from the obvious question of whether that constitutes support for Venezuela's policies, I wonder if Venezuela's leadership has changed significantly since 2006?

Nah, probably not :rolleyes: