Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If Matthew Guy being bad leads directly to the downfall of the coalition govt then does that mean Matthew Guy... Good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

tithin posted:

Matthew guy will save them
Only by appealing to the Mormon vote can the LNP truly come into their own.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Are you suggesting that's not something you would wear as a badge of honour?

Is it a shiny badge that adds points to your profile, asking for a friend :v:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

ewe2 posted:

Is it a shiny badge that adds points to your profile, asking for a friend :v:
It increments your post count by one(1) every single time you post!*

* Offer not valid in all parts of the forums. See Telstra.com for further details.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Not to toot my own horn but I had a physical altercation with an SDA organiser in Perth outside the Coles DC because he accused me of being a "rat"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I think his name was Ben. Also one of my former delegates called Martin Pritchard a fat oval office in front of an entire cold storage shed and it owned.

E: have a look at this human trash can

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 5, 2018

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1003838031059550210

Taskforce loving Integrity, ah haha ha. Can confirm they've sent out scary mails to everyone in these suburbs:

(Man i am glad looking for info on how to do simple things on this website is such a crapshoot, hopefully this embeds)

edit: (Oh okay sure, it works just not in the preview, why the gently caress would that ever work)

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 5, 2018

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LNP will throw piles of cash to make sure people on welfare aren't getting paid $20 extra a f/n, but it's just too hard to make sure companies are paying the right amount of tax.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
For people supposedly so well versed in running a business, they sure are bad at the whole "ROI" concept.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I mean, are they trying to deflect attention on something this week or is this just some old time frame that was lying around but they suddenly needed to make news announcements over?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

meteor9 posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1003838031059550210

Taskforce loving Integrity, ah haha ha. Can confirm they've sent out scary mails to everyone in these suburbs:

(Man i am glad looking for info on how to do simple things on this website is such a crapshoot, hopefully this embeds)

edit: (Oh okay sure, it works just not in the preview, why the gently caress would that ever work)

It's fun to recieve mail with a big AFP logo on it and won't stress innocent people out at all I'm sure.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

meteor9 posted:

I mean, are they trying to deflect attention on something this week or is this just some old time frame that was lying around but they suddenly needed to make news announcements over?

Barnaby Joyce?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

It's fun to recieve mail with a big AFP logo on it and won't stress innocent people out at all I'm sure.

NOBODY ON CENTRELINK IS INNOCENT! DOLE BLUDGERS ALL!

PENSION ISN'T WELFARE
SHARE IF YOU AGREE!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I meant something new but then again the LNP isn't terribly observant. Yeah yeah THIS time they'll forget about Barnabus!

(Even the sky twitter comments are calling them out on this exact thing.)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

hooman posted:

The great joke is that you could have looked at how S.Korea or places with really good internet in 2012 were using it and extrapolated, but nope, lets assume that Australia's usage on poo poo-ternet will remain unchanging like some stone monument to our own lack of foresight.

EDIT: Guardian Essential poll showing the ALP ahead of the Coalition 54% to 46%

very interesting newstart results too.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/commentisfree/2018/jun/05/australians-have-more-compassion-than-our-leaders-give-us-credit-for

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

MysticalMachineGun posted:

NOBODY ON CENTRELINK IS INNOCENT! DOLE BLUDGERS ALL!

PENSION ISN'T WELFARE
SHARE IF YOU AGREE!

And the college professor broke into tears

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

I'm the 28% of Greens voters who think newstart is just fine

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

And the college professor broke into tears

Seriously had an argument with my Aunty (who's from... Qld ) one day about one of those "Pauline Hanson wants national service for unemployed youths" and the next day she shared "Pension isn't welfare, it's reward for paying taxes"

Sorry Aunty, it is welfare but welfare isn't bad. Also do you need to have worked to get the pension or is it automatic past a certain age?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Don Dongington posted:

I'm the 28% of Greens voters who think newstart is just fine

it is when you also get an allowance from your parents :v:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

For people supposedly so well versed in running a business, they sure are bad at the whole "ROI" concept.

for a proper analysis you need to include non-monetary returns, such as the intense pleasure a politician will feel knowing that poor peoples’ lives are that extra bit harder

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

BBJoey posted:

for a proper analysis you need to include non-monetary returns, such as the intense pleasure a politician will feel knowing that poor peoples’ lives are that extra bit harder

No silly it's to make sure all the people vote for the L/NP who would otherwise... still vote for the L/NP

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Remember how they went on and on about how important Western Sydney was to their vote? We really should be glad they're this stupid.

Wait, I found someone more stupid, check out this boomer bait:

quote:

Woolworths and Coles have both announced they will ban single use plastic bags, straws and other plastic items, apparently in response to customer demand.

In the old days a customer who didn’t want something would not buy it. The modern customer tries to stop other people from buying such products. Imagine a supermarket which stocked only those products which all of its customers wanted to buy – it would have a very limited range; certainly no meat, fish, eggs, dairy products since the vegans would see to that. Is that where we are headed? Today the humble plastic bag and straw, tomorrow the disposable nappy and so forth.

The Chief Executive of Woolworths, Brad Banducci, has said [in today’s Australian]

the four main issues customers cared about were food waste, reducing plastic, a sustainable supply chain and energy efficiency.

The four issues I care about are freshness, quality, price and food safety.

So how does Banducci discover what customers want? Why doesn’t he sell meat in paper bags? Sell old fruit rather than throwing it out? Reduce the lighting and heating/cooling in supermarkets to reduce energy consumption? Raise prices dramatically to pay farmers more to build that sustainable supply chain? Insist that customers prove their pantries and fridges are empty before allowing them the privilege of buying from Woolworths? Because apparently Woolworths customers want that. Who cares if people suffer food poisoning if we’re saving the planet?

Or is it that customers actually don’t want to ban these things? Is the CEO jumping on a bandwagon to prove his environmental credentials? Yet another example of a CEO trying to stake out the moral high ground and belong to that ‘enlightened’ group of people who can look down at the ‘little people’ who care about things such as price.

Comments section!

quote:

I am also a tad annoyed at Colesworths. Every time I buy chicken I am forced to support the RSPCA.

It was funny a few years ago, both companies did a major push to reduce cage eggs being sold, which failed spectacularly

When did the RSPCA become a bad thing? And the cage eggs thing worked extremely well, now people pay more for eggs.

Now THIS, this is proper boomer:

quote:

Another virtue signal that allows the supermarkets to cash in by selling these plastic bags that were once free. Note that they will still sell plastic bin liners etc. hypocrites. Over recent years I have changed from an environmentally conscious consumer to a person who actively hates anything that has the words ‘environment’ or ‘sustainability’ attached to them.

They're accusing the supermarkets of being prog-lefties, that's a new one.

quote:

This latest plastic straw BS is right up there with hungry polar bears stuck on melting ice floes. Gotta love the way Big Green invents this stuff.

But! They have a plan to stop this virtue signal income stream whatever!

quote:

If you shop at Woolies, buy some Coles bags and use them at Woolies. Vice versa if you shop at Coles. Or use bags from shoe or boutique dress shops.

Stickin it to da MAN!

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 5, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I think his name was Ben.

Was he 6'1 and have an entirely shaved head?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Update your details PLEASE

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

Was he 6'1 and have an entirely shaved head?

This was like 7 years ago. He was balding, probs slightly taller than me (so yeah 6'1) and cosplayed as a mormon at work. He was also a classic creepy looking SDA Catholic youth type.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So definitely one of the ones who fiddled kids then

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

This was like 7 years ago. He was balding, probs slightly taller than me (so yeah 6'1) and cosplayed as a mormon at work. He was also a classic creepy looking SDA Catholic youth type.

Ah ok, probably not the guy I was thinking of then.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe if the the banks pay their upcoming fines we can afford to give them their tax cut.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CrazyTolradi posted:

LNP will throw piles of cash to make sure people on welfare aren't getting paid $20 extra a f/n, but it's just too hard to make sure companies are paying the right amount of tax. introduce a Federal ICAC.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Card-carrying member of Big Green. I stuck that polar bear up on that ice floe and now I'm profiting immensely. :homebrew:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

AgentF posted:

Card-carrying member of Big Green. I stuck that polar bear up on that ice floe and now I'm profiting immensely. :homebrew:
Yeah but do you think Newstart payments are too high?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

JBP posted:

I think his name was Ben. Also one of my former delegates called Martin Pritchard a fat oval office in front of an entire cold storage shed and it owned.

E: have a look at this human trash can

Lol, what was the backstory

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Lol, what was the backstory

They hated the SDA (who had two remaining members) and changed to the NUW which actually represented them in a national bargain. Pritchard would rock up at negotiations like he was meant to be there and one day he bought it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
can't wait til the SDA finally dies. Joe Bullock was one of the old guard shoppies so hopefully its decline will continue with his defection.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The state government's most senior minister in the upper house, Don Harwin, faces being suspended from Parliament over his refusal to produce key documents.

Mr Harwin has until 9.30am on Wednesday to produce the documents, or he could be suspended from Parliament after he was censured by the upper house on Tuesday night.

Rogue Liberal MP Matthew Mason-Cox took the extraordinary step of voting with Labor and the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers to censure Mr Harwin.

The motion passed by one vote.

It is the first censure against a NSW Liberal government leader.

The motion was moved by the leader of the opposition in the upper house Adam Searle.

“This is historic and is about the integrity of the Legislative Council to hold the executive wing of government to account,” Mr Searle said.

This is the third time Mr Mason-Cox has crossed the floor, but it is understood he could now face expulsion from the Liberals. He has already been removed as chair of a committee as punishment.

Mr Harwin was censured over his refusal to release documents to the upper house, including the business cases for the rebuild and renovation of Sydney stadiums and the relocation of the Powerhouse Museum.

The government also refused to release a key report into the child protection system, although they offered to show the report to Christian Democrats MP Fred Nile.

Mr Harwin told Parliament last night that the release of some of the documents could "constrain and harm the government" commercially.

Mr Mason-Cox has been a vocal opponent of the government's failure to produce the documents, and has also repeatedly argued that it should be spending more money on child protection.

He told Parliament that Mr Harwin and the Premier, Gladys Berejikilian, warned him on Tuesday that the censure motion was not a matter of conscience so he could not have a free vote.

The former minister said he was "conflicted" and reflected on his decision but ultimately felt the government had acted in "self interest rather than public interest" in not releasing the documents.

Mr Mason-Cox said he sought advice from clerks of the Parliament, including the former clerk John Evans who was working in Parliament in 1996 when former Labor treasurer and leader of the government in the upper house, Michael Egan, was suspended for not producing documents.

If Mr Harwin does not produce the documents, he must give the house an explanation. The house could then find him in contempt and vote to suspend him from Parliament.

The upper house has become increasingly problematic for the government since Mr Mason-Cox's decision to cross the floor on issues he feels strongly about.

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

ewe2 posted:

Remember how they went on and on about how important Western Sydney was to their vote? We really should be glad they're this stupid.

Wait, I found someone more stupid, check out this boomer bait:

Comments section!

When did the RSPCA become a bad thing? And the cage eggs thing worked extremely well, now people pay more for eggs.

Now THIS, this is proper boomer:

They're accusing the supermarkets of being prog-lefties, that's a new one.

But! They have a plan to stop this virtue signal income stream whatever!

Stickin it to da MAN!

The no plastic bags thing is actually a cash grab though. It may or may not be good for the environment (I've read some things saying you have to reuse each green bag like 100 times for it to even out in terms of resources consumed) but lol if you think Woolies is doing it for any other reason than to charge money for something that used to be free.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

interested to see how broken this thread is
https://8values.github.io

get on it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Did I win

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bell jar posted:

interested to see how broken this thread is

That was a quick answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
I like quizzes. :downs: