Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ozzy looked like bea arthur on the ultimate sin tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

ozzy looked like bea arthur on the ultimate sin tour

I caught that tour. Long Beach Arena. Metallica was the opener, having just released Master of Puppets. I remember Ozzy descending to the stage in a spider/throne type of thing and tossing buckets of water on the crowd. I loved Jake E Lee’s guitar work. Metallica was out of tune a lot and screwed up a few of their guitar harmonies.

It was one of the few shows I was genuinely scared at. It was back in the day when they had seats on the floor (no GA) and the crowd started tossing the metal chairs at each other and some idiots were shooting Roman candles all over the place. A dude died after being pushed from an upper level at the show, but I didn’t find out about until it was reported in the paper the next day.

Welp, that’s my story!

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 5, 2018

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was unaware people listened to Annihilator past Never, Neverland.

I've been listening through all my albums from 1993 recently (for :spergin: reasons) and two death metal classics that I forgot were extremely good: Electrocution's Inside the Unreal and Necrophobic's The Nocturnal Silence.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

annihilator always seemed like they were one headband away from cockrock and not in a good way.

never understood the rabid fanbase
MACARONI MANIAC / A CHEDDAR CHEESE HEART ATTACK

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

we should hold a contest to come up with a genre name for bands who throw a ton of reverb and delay over the vocals to cover up erik rutan-level bland riffs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Just checked out Nocturnal Breed for the first time and Goddamn do they slay.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

we should hold a contest to come up with a genre name for bands who throw a ton of reverb and delay over the vocals to cover up erik rutan-level bland riffs

Murkwave

Cavecore

Foggened Death Metal

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

I was unaware people listened to Annihilator past Never, Neverland.

King of the kill, Refresh the demon, and Annihilator. These are, imo, the good albums post never neverland

Well I think the reason people go nuts for annihilator, apart from the guitarists, is probly because there isn't enough good speed metal to go around.

we need more obnoxious guitar-centric high tempo awesomeness with back to back solos

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 5, 2018

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Late to the party on Gruesome, but the album is both cool and good.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

woops, kinda made a accidental post there

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mr. Pickles posted:

King of the kill, Refresh the demon, and Annihilator. These are, imo, the good albums post never neverland

Well I think the reason people go nuts for annihilator, apart from the guitarists, is probly because there isn't enough good speed metal to go around.

we need more obnoxious guitar-centric high tempo awesomeness with back to back solos

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post the best Annihilator song.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Late to the party on Gruesome, but the album is both cool and good.

I am so loving hyped to see them in August with 84 other headbangers in a dank basement venue. It's gonna rule.

These local dudes are opening for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8t52PHMWQ

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 5, 2018

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

kumba posted:

An intro track and 2 mostly uninspired instrumental tracks out of a total of 10 doesn't help.

After multiple spins, the instrumental tracks are really beginning to zing with me. Besides the saxophone solo, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the synth wave band Zombi and some guy named Mikael Åkerfeldt contributed to those tracks. None too shabby.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vulture Culture posted:

MACARONI MANIAC / A CHEDDAR CHEESE HEART ATTACK

Insanity Alert is such a good band.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
The first of the two Ghost instrumentals is good and fits in well. The second one might be good, but it definitely seems like overkill. The second half of the album hasn't really stuck with me, but the first half is fun.

Vargatron posted:

Insanity Alert is such a good band.

Maybe I'm being whooshed here, but I'm pretty sure he was quoting Annihilator's Kraf Dinner.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Skjorte posted:

Maybe I'm being whooshed here, but I'm pretty sure he was quoting Annihilator's Kraf Dinner.

Must be a coincidence. Insanity Alert has a song called Macaroni Maniac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vve_0b0Y6yA

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Skjorte posted:

The first of the two Ghost instrumentals is good and fits in well. The second one might be good, but it definitely seems like overkill. The second half of the album hasn't really stuck with me, but the first half is fun.

The last three songs kinda blow, especially that long instrumental with the Swedish name. Maybe they'll grow on me. The rest of the album is solid though.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Hah! The guy who croaked at the Wisconsin show must have shared your feelings. He died after hearing the track, Pro Memoria. Which I find incredibly appropriate since it appears to pretty much about mortality/death.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Vargatron posted:

Must be a coincidence. Insanity Alert has a song called Macaroni Maniac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vve_0b0Y6yA

LOL that’s one hell of a video

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
New Thanatology video good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15WvGx8lZw

Old Thanatology video also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec862N03yHc

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lol it's the riff from looking down the barrel of a gun

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drat it now i can't unhear it

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
https://redefiningdarknessrecords.bandcamp.com/album/cist-the-frozen-casket

pro click to the nth degree

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Nice, the vocals are like halfway between Dismember's Indecent & Obscene and some long-lost Chuck Schuldiner thing

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

The Muppets On PCP posted:

It's called caverncore. Have you not lived in a cave for the last five years or something?

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v9W8mqFCUo

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was dealing with personal poo poo and away for a few days but let's not call people "faggots" or "retarded"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Chuck E Cheese band is getting weird

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

This animal metal needs to be beefier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO4ZgyIiCmI

edit: whoa, I clicked through to this. I dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wy-W-pYlds

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 6, 2018

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2IE76v1yk

it's about cavemen, so it fits i guess

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Bonehunter put out a track from a new album coming out this year at some point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg38B0rKefc

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
ralph santolla, former guitar player for deicide and obituary, live guitarist for death, iced earth, vital remains and melechesh, has died at 48 :(

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

loving RIP

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yeah, rip

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

48 is too loving young RIP

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dude was an absolute legend, RIP.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

CornHolio posted:

The last three songs kinda blow, especially that long instrumental with the Swedish name. Maybe they'll grow on me. The rest of the album is solid though.

That instrumental with the Swedish name is about Hell's Window, I think that's the translation, which are the dresses that women started to wear in medieval times that were open on the sides. Basically it's about side boob

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
drat. Saw Ralph with Obituary back in '08. He was hanging out in the crowd and talking to fans before their set while Unleashed was playing. Cool dude. R.I.P.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i get a kick out of it when bands actually hang out in the crowd.

when I saw SOD in '99 Danny Lilker was hanging out by the bar sitting on a keg and buying beers for people.

i met one of the dudes from mutliation rites without knowing it was him, just talking to some dude at the bar about some bands and the guy says "alright i gotta go play" and walked up on stage and started the set.

most recently at MDF the drummer for Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition was in the pit for every band that wasn't his own and was constantly crowd surfing and having security tell him to quit trying to jump off some railings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rest in Power

Yeah, it's cool when they are just there by the merch table or chilling around. I hate the prima donnas. Like I get it - wash up, relax but come see the fans. Satyricon in Montreal made about 10 of us waiting out back by the bus move like, 20 feet away and security cleared the way so no one could get close.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 6, 2018