Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Bootcha posted:

This bears repeating.

That is appropriate, and it will probably end the same way. In a poor release that lives up to none of the hype, while the founders vanish into the sunset with no negative consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
-176 on that stupid checklist

I'll take it

Hell, I'd have broke 200 if I was still an atheist

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Ad by Khad posted:

Have you found Crob?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Who made up that hosed up list / point system and where was it "published"?
Is it related to Star Citizen in any form?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fidelitious posted:

Hang on, I recognize that gaming bar guy also! He joined up in Test Squadron and posted a ton of crap about his gaming bar there as well.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/i-am-slumlord-aka-slvml0rd.3167/

If you wanted to be even less surprised he is also into cryptocurrencies and vaping.
It's amazing how predictable it is.

Holy hell. This guy is tragic.

look at this poo poo

quote:

Then me and my bros said F it and went full bore and spent $100K+ on a really nice Downtown Officespace on the top floor, and a bunch of PC Gaming hardware for our battlestations, and virtual spaceships, and a LEGIT, REAL, Entity (LLC) in Cali. It was a for-profit company, but our goal was never to actually turn a profit with that venture.

All we wanted to do was sit around and play Star Citizen from our Star Citizen Command Center, and offset costs by doing some cool stuff, and at the end of the day all we wanted to do was build badass Star Citizen Battlestations. Never gave a single f**k about making money on that project.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Ad by Khad posted:

-176 on that stupid checklist

I'll take it

All the fun stuff is on the negative side though to be fair

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Also actual life experience that makes you capable of handling poo poo. But then that's the creepy fetish.

Bootcha posted:

This bears repeating.

As an aside, how many of those names being mentioned are still with the company besides the option?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

alphabettitouretti posted:

Holy hell. This guy is tragic.

I clicked that link Fidelitious had in his post and, just wow.....

quote:

Just some Tech Company(s) Co-Founder, Executive, System's Architect, who has Designed, Engineered, and Built over 2000 System's in the last few years and most of those were high-end Gaming and Workstations. While I do not claim to be the smartest or brightest on here, I do have more experience than most. I also work with and talk to and deal with the Engineers at companies like Intel, Nvidia, MSI, BenQ, Samsung, etc who design and make the parts we all use and love. I tend to get a lot of inside information that most average consumers do not ever have access to. I also happen to experience products in large samples. Where as you guys tend to experience one or two products, take for instance a single GPU, or MoBo, or Chipset, I experience that times 100 somtimes. It is a much easier for me to tell what products are really worth you hard-earned money and what are not. I also believe that Form is equal to function, and let's face it most of us Computer Nerds do not give a poo poo about looks. Though that is changing more and more every day.

"I build computers sometimes and that means Intel engineers talk to me"

Yeah sure they do mate, sure they do......

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Asian Turtles All The Way Down:

---

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I love the invalid tag on this one. Computer is not powerful enough to run Star Citizen so it's perfectly acceptable for the oxygen system not to work.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How do all these loving idiots have so much money

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Star Citizer: When I Start The Game Only Stars Appear

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Observations of load time is not a bug report. Storage media speed + internet speed determine load time.

lmao check out loving Archimedes here. "Give me an SSD and I will load the world"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Observations of load time is not a bug report. Storage media speed + internet speed determine load time.

lmao check out loving Archimedes here. "Give me an SSD and I will load the world"

Clearly he just needs more fans.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I have prepared an evaluation scale for Star Citizens, to help you assess whether he is a good Citizen material or not. Most of the stuff comes from SomethingAwful's scale for webcomic fans however, I made some changes to make it cater more to older retired dudes. Most points are similar, but the scores have been reworked eighteen times.

Positives:
1. Never posted on the refunds subreddit (+1 point)
2. Takes the game seriously and has at least 2 ships (+3 points)
3. Active poster on Spectrum (+3 points)
4. Gives away ship duplicates to friends / disabled people (+5 points)
5. Saves / invests money intelligently (+5 points)
6. Sometimes offers to pay for pizza at dev office (+5 points)
7. Tries to play with HOTAS or fork (+5 points)
8. Pledges every month without being asked (+5 points)
9. Would refuse to shave his neckbeard, even if you requested (+5 points)
10. Always returns for CITCON (+5 points)
11. Massages his Intel Optane without asking (+10 points)
12. Very loyal to Chris Roberts (+10 points)
13. Takes care of Org mates that are rude or mean without complaints (+15 points)
14. Still lives with his parents (+15 points)
15. Pledges weekly or monthly (+20 points)
16. Legatus Navium (+30 points)

Negatives:
17. Ever ran away because of a fight with the Mod team (-2 points)
18. Watches or shows interest in leaked Evocatti videos (-3 points)
19. Didn't back before kickstarter (-3 points)
20. Has played other online games in the last 10 years (-5 points)
21. Ever had thoughts about refunding without any noticeable trigger (-5 points)
22. Doesn't have LTI on every ship (-10 points)
23. Ever had a one-night stand with another game (-10 points)
24. Uses a wheelchair (-15 points)
25. His Org leader hates him (-15 points)
26. Has ever been accused of spreading FUD (-15 points)
27. Doesn't have any referral points (-15 points)
28. Thinks it is okay to look into Freelancer's development (-15 points)
29. Gets into slapsfights when posting online (-20 points)
30. Sells physical backer rewards or swag (-20 points)
31. Cries loudly/fights in public after clipping through geometry (-25 points)
32. Cymelion (-25 points)
33. Has engaged in non-consensual pvp with more than 5 different partners (-25 points)
34. Buys and sells on the grey market (-30 points)
35. Doesn't buy anything on Voyager Direct (-30 points)
36. Doesn't watch Star Citizen streamers (-35 points)
37. Reads Stimpire FanFics (-35 points)
38. Has ever been the mistress of a married Thai man (-40 points)
39. Claims to have been refunded in the past, true or not (-40 points)
40. Doesn't watch AtV (-50 points)
41. Feels grief even after clearing user folder (-70 points)
42. Ever worked as a Idris janitor or prostitute (-71 points)

The calculation process is straightforward: Add all positives, subtract all the negatives.
-50 and below: End the relationship immediately
-49 to -25: You should run away, very little chance of working
-24 to 0: Proceed with caution, possibly bad Citizen
1 to 25: Average Citizen, you can give it a try
26 to 49: Good faithful Citizen, possible ship crew
50 and above: Very special Citizen, take care of him

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hello thread I forgot about you until I saw a man who put swear words on a N64 making fun of this mess on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/status/1003953405109391367

https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/status/1003961334608941057

If you don't get the second one...

These two "mega-games" were intended to be push the boundaries of the hardware they were on to the point of having packed-in hardware add-ons and price-tags of ~£30 at a time when most games retailed at around £8... but Imagine Software famously imploded and went backrupt in front of the camera lens of a BBC Documentary crew, and the games never happened.

Psyclapse ended up being "nothing more than a paper idea", but pieces of Bandersnatch were salvaged into a different game called Brataccas which got mediocre reviews due to controlling like poo poo.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Is Leonard Crabbs done reviewing Derek's ELE blog post?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Simple answer? Goons.

But the real, more complex answer is that everybody has their trigger. In that particular case it was a contractor(?? I think so anyway) who saw a DIY dude doing something he considered to be very dangerous and being unrepentant about it, and the guy felt he needed to intervene. Not saying that makes it right, just that people have their own weird little points where they feel the need to get involved outweighs the need to not dox people or whatever. Also, that thread is hilarious and definitely worth a read. Pretty sure it's in the goldmine.

e: found it. Good old BeamMasterJ

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464&pagenumber=1

Can confirm that it was a hilarious thread.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dogeh posted:

Was asking myself the same thing.

You monsters made him play the game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

Who made up that hosed up list / point system and where was it "published"?
Is it related to Star Citizen in any form

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/07/family-of-dead-alphabay-suspect-say-he-was-a-good-boy/

Said good boy; “According to the paper, Rawmeo apparently submitted a several-thousand-long word post in 2016 about dating and "wife-hunting" in Thailand. He explained that unlike most foreigners who simply seek "promiscuous women in tourist areas," he had lived in the country since 2012. Moreover, he had attended a Thai language school, purchased property, and drove a Porsche Panamera because "Thai girls love supercars."

According to The Globe and Mail, Cazes "described his native Quebec as a place where too many are on welfare and where Muslim refugees get in easily and ‘start breeding like bedbugs,’ while he had trouble getting a visa for his Thai relatives."

It goes on;

In another post, he wrote: "I am what we call a professional cheater. Despite having a live-in wife, I have a secondary residence that no one knows about—and that’s where I bring girls."

Hell of an intersection between the dark triad, dark money and weird belief systems.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

This is the question we ask constantly.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Hav posted:

This is the question we ask constantly.

While Chris just asks, "what do I need to say to get them to give it to me?"

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is there any enemy AI? I know Star Marine or whatever is abandoned but can you in fact shoot at NPCs that shoot at you, since that’s been handled fairly decently since at least Half-Life?
I assume that was probably a basic feature of the cryengine devkit they managed to break?

And very early on I heard about one game mode just being Ender’s Game zero-G laser tag. Is that also on perpetual hiatus or is that just dead? Because that seems like it would be really hard even for a good company, and would likely be impossible outside of third person.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hav posted:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/07/family-of-dead-alphabay-suspect-say-he-was-a-good-boy/

Hell of an intersection between the dark triad, dark money and weird belief systems.
Wow, I don't know what I was expecting, but this certainly goes beyond that.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is there any enemy AI? I know Star Marine or whatever is abandoned but can you in fact shoot at NPCs that shoot at you, since that’s been handled fairly decently since at least Half-Life?
I assume that was probably a basic feature of the cryengine devkit they managed to break?

And very early on I heard about one game mode just being Ender’s Game zero-G laser tag. Is that also on perpetual hiatus or is that just dead? Because that seems like it would be really hard even for a good company, and would likely be impossible outside of third person.

You'll be glad to hear they're working on rudimentary support for FPS AI for the upcoming Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 Patch!*

*If it actually works**

**If it doesn't get delayed

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

No one knows. The enemies we've seen in the material they shown (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) have either been faked by developers playing them, stationary and shooting wildly, or ambling around scripted paths waiting to be stealth killed.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Sorry for my graphic Star Citizen fan fiction. :)

I wanted to capture the heart of Star Citizen in a way that G0rf just couldn't manage to get out because he's too refined. And I'm not good at making slick info graphic slides.

Release the artwork.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thronde posted:

What breeze? Here in Zone 12 it was a heat t index of 107 at one point today. Totally brutal. Also sup FL Goons.

Hey Hey.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is there any enemy AI?

In the loosest possible terms. I'd say the enemy ship "AI" is comparable to the UFOs in the old arcade game Asteroids. They shoot in your general direction while flying mostly randomly.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

History Comes Inside! posted:

Some inherit it, some luck out with good jobs, others are just amoral fucks. So luck and exploitation.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Hav posted:

You monsters made him play the game.

He knew what the risks were.
He understood that his sanity would be tested.

Having said that, where is dancey cat?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Pretty proud of my -143.

Whoever gets the best score should punch the author in the mouth.

https://twitter.com/JurassicNPS/status/1003708556439216128

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There is no fps AI.

The spaceball got torched with everything else Illfonic did.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Pretty proud of my -143.

Whoever gets the best score should punch the author in the mouth.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, another travesty is no Sataball.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Scruffpuff posted:

In the loosest possible terms. I'd say the enemy ship "AI" is comparable to the UFOs in the old arcade game Asteroids. They shoot in your general direction while flying mostly randomly.

If we're talking about PU and not SM ( is there even AI in SM ? I'm not sure, I thought it was PvP only ? ), then it's worse than that. I've actually seen enemy AI ships simply stand still. That's right, not moving at all.

Which gives some extremely innovative fidelitious gameplay moments when you too, stay motionless and aim at the enemy in your visor, hold fire and go AFK to drink a cup of 'wtf' until the enemy dies a minute later.

I wish I was joking but I really am not. Not sure if I had bad luck with that encounter and it was bugged, but that was my experience not too long ago, in 3.1.

Nyast fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 5, 2018

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
According to my co-worker, Star Citizen is past alpha, beta and "3.4.1 is the live release version".

You gotta give it to :reddit: though, they can maintain a somewhat coherent narrative compared to this guy.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I am very confident there is no AI in Star Marine. This is part of the reason it's possible to wait 45 mins for a match to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Virtual Captain posted:

I am very confident there is no AI in Star Marine. This is part of the reason it's possible to wait 45 mins for a match to start.

Yes, the untold truth. When they say 100+ hours of gameplay they are including the time you spend in an empty lobby waiting for someone else to sign in.