Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

bewbies posted:

so long emre can, i liked you and dont understand why you were allowed to walk for free

I think we would have kept him if he hadn't had a crazy release clause demand (iirc he wanted something over £100k/week, but a release clause <£50m). There's also an added fact that he'd simply get less game time this season. Fabinho is going to be at least our second choice DM. Keita is going to be at least second choice CM. You'd wager Henderson is going to play more often than not. We're looking at Fekir who is probably going to be playing in CM as much as anywhere else. Throw in everyone else and that limits the game time for someone who wants to be our first choice number 6.

He also wasn't particularly good at being a DM. Constantly left players, constantly out of position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Samuel Gigot, one of the best cb's in the Belgian competition, to Spartak Moscou is a done deal. I'll miss him :(

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

I think we would have kept him if he hadn't had a crazy release clause demand (iirc he wanted something over £100k/week, but a release clause <£50m). There's also an added fact that he'd simply get less game time this season. Fabinho is going to be at least our second choice DM. Keita is going to be at least second choice CM. You'd wager Henderson is going to play more often than not. We're looking at Fekir who is probably going to be playing in CM as much as anywhere else. Throw in everyone else and that limits the game time for someone who wants to be our first choice number 6.

He also wasn't particularly good at being a DM. Constantly left players, constantly out of position.

Can is not a good player and frankly I won't miss the occasional wondergoal since we probably conceded more goals from him cheaply giving away possession or fouling people than we scored thanks to him. I think it's no coincidence that some of the team's best performances were after he just stopped playing in the second half of the season in favour of three of Henderson/Wijnaldum/Ox/Milner in midfield instead.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

Can is not a good player and frankly I won't miss the occasional wondergoal since we probably conceded more goals from him cheaply giving away possession or fouling people than we scored thanks to him. I think it's no coincidence that some of the team's best performances were after he just stopped playing in the second half of the season in favour of three of Henderson/Wijnaldum/Ox/Milner in midfield instead.

I'd say he's a good player but not a great one - maybe he can become that at Juve. There's no bad feelings to him, although he ran his contract down he was more than willing to play throughout (although he was injured the last few months) and made no noises in the press etc.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol?

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1003672169358995458

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Straight swap for Gareth Bale

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mane to Madrid
Bale to United
Martial to Spurs
Eriksen to Barcelona
Rakitic to Arsenal
Wilshere to Boro
Howson to Liverpool

book it

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Straight swap for Gareth Bale

would not do

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I can't wait to hear about this every single day of the week from every media outlet that reports on football.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sadio Mane isn’t exactly a galactico name

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yaya toure has had a big old meltdown about guardiola lol

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/04/yaya-toure-pep-guardiola-manchester-city-break-myth

Yaya Toure posted:

Pep likes to dominate and wants to have obedient players who lick his hands. I do not like this kind of relationship. I respect my coach but I am not his thing.Like all players, I have bickered with my coaches. But at a certain point, men who do not understand each other reconcile. This is not possible with Pep, who is very rigid. The other players will never admit it publicly but some have already told me that they ended up hating him. Because he manipulates and plays a lot with your head.

When he arrived at City, he told me right away that he needed me to coach the youth. Even if I had some options to leave, I thought that I would be able to enter the legend of the Citizens. The same thing last summer when he asked me to stay. Maybe he was afraid of losing control of the dressing room if I left because he knew what I was representing for the group? But after the transfer window closed, I saw that I was removed from the team

I think I was dealing with someone who just wanted revenge on me, I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous of me, that he took me for a rival. There you have it. We always looked at each other weirdly. He was spinning around me without saying anything, watching me, gauging me, but not talking to me. Yet he knows that I speak Catalan, Spanish and English. It should be enough to communicate both. But apparently no ... Every time we passed each other, he seemed embarrassed. As if I made him a little self-conscious. As if, also, he had understood that I knew him perfectly.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Zlatan knew

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

our first choice number 6.

Is this an actual thing?

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

idk about his hands but at least yaya is unveiling the truth about why his bald head is always so moist

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

shut up blegum posted:

Samuel Gigot, one of the best cb's in the Belgian competition, to Spartak Moscou is a done deal. I'll miss him :(

Apparently he went for 8 million euro. That soothes the pain :)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Pat Mustard posted:

Is this an actual thing?

It is, although a number 6 would be a Centre half. Unless I misread the post, he means number 4.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mickolution posted:

It is, although a number 6 would be a Centre half. Unless I misread the post, he means number 4.

Full backs are 2&3, Centrebacks are 4&5, defensive midfield is 6, central midfield is 8, wingers are 7&11, attacking midfielder is 10 and striker is 9. Don't you know anything about football numbers?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

MrBling posted:

Full backs are 2&3, Centrebacks are 4&5, defensive midfield is 6, central midfield is 8, wingers are 7&11, attacking midfielder is 10 and striker is 9. Don't you know anything about football numbers?

Seems like 4 is dm in British football, but not everywhere. I guess it's something to do with the positions changing in different ways in other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad_number_(association_football)

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 5, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1003987963074752517

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Visit Rwanda

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
wait, now old players are coming from italy to england?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
that’s the worst jersey arsenal has ever had

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's going to be cool to have TWO right backs.

hadji murad posted:

Wait til you see the away shirt, lmao.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

MrBling posted:

Get a load of this guy who's never even read Inverting The Pyramid

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

Man it looks way worse on a player than I was expecting.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Man it looks way worse on a player than I was expecting.

Yeah, that's shockingly bad looking on a player.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It looks like a medium shirt with extra large sleeves.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Fred to Man United is a done deal

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2018/Jun/manchester-united-announce-agreement-for-Fred-of-Shakhtar-Donetsk.aspx

never seen him play but I'm sure he is amazing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I hope it was a swap deal including Fred the Red

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this just says they've reached an agreement not that he's actually signed yet. mods

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
A known doping cheat, perfect signing.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Jose posted:

this just says they've reached an agreement not that he's actually signed yet. mods

mods please don't probate

https://twitter.com/FCShakhtar_eng/status/1004011011542790145?s=20

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Too late RIP

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

mackintosh posted:

A known doping cheat, perfect signing.

Fred?

The amount of Arsenal fans bemoaning Lichtsteiner is annoying, I forgot we had a wealth of experienced defenders/leaders/cunts.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Lichtsteiner is a good signing and im happy with it. Papastathopoulos shouldn't be far behind, according to his father (and the Greek coach).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Villa to oblivion is now a thing

https://twitter.com/MarkKleinmanSky/status/1004024281213358080

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Ryan Fredricks to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

https://www.twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1004031330135433217

Looking forward to having an actual right-back that isn't either someone playing out of position or too old to run properly.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lichtsteiner loving owns, love this signing.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I'm glad. However considering Portsmouth managed to escape oblivion it seems highly unlikely that it'll actually happen to Villa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Maybe Bellerin will stop playing like rear end now if he has a competent guy just waiting to take his place. Maybe the coaching/leadership changes will help too. Fine with the signing, people are delusional thinking Arsenal would spend a lot there when there are so many other glaring needs.

• Locked thread