Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I just drove the car for the first time since update....

Poor Jason. It’s so much easier to drive now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

How the hell do you boil her? I’ve tried waiting all eternity and she never opens the door for me to sneak in and if I open the door she freaks out and I can’t do it?

if you walk through the front door you get there as Mitch is leaving. She goes to the counter on the side, wait until Mitch comes back from the tree and heads onto the patch (you can watch him from the window, once you can see him you should be safe) open the door and boil the girl. Then you have a decent amount of time to exit from the side door and get Mitch at the electric box.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sometimes I genuinely love that I have Savini Jason.

I had a team of 4 plus 3 randos. They set up at the Higgins barn with SO MANY weapons and health sprays. "We've got pocket knives!" Bitch, I've got a pitchfork.

8/8. 1 environment kill, 1 grab kill, 6 weapon slash kills.. As long as no one runs around a table Savini Jason is loving unstoppable.

[You can seriously defeat a Savini/7/8 by walking around a long table and that poo poo is busted]

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Someone in a game earlier played Roy with the Savini Pitchfork. It got a chuckle out of me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

So Uber Jason owns apparently :stare: The sense weakness sucks but other than that he's extremely in-your-face, which fits

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Danaru posted:

So Uber Jason owns apparently :stare: The sense weakness sucks but other than that he's extremely in-your-face, which fits

Can you play as him on xbone yet? If so, how?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Spacebump posted:

Can you play as him on xbone yet? If so, how?

It's only a .dll hack now. Everything is encrypted with the engine update but an old hack by the grace of God still works. It gives you the physical exclusives, the bloody skins. And jason x.

His kills are so loving nice.

E: they still havent fixed eac being easily bypassable, but block the cosmetic poo poo and people who use fov hacks. Lol.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I still want the Jason from X before he goes all Uber. So angular and gothic and rad.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Single player is great! This is so much fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

On Xbone the new update somehow broke the join off profile function in looking for game.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Single Player Challenges Guide
v3.1 - Challenge 3 added.

Since there are currently no English guides (I think there is one Russian one?) that don't require the use of a bunch of poorly explained Youtube videos where the person playing uses questionable "gamer" language, I figured I'd take it upon myself to write up a full length, linkable Goon guide. Just let me know if I gently caress anything up; I'm very tired. Worst part is they still haven't given us the ability to skip a cutscene if we don't want to watch it so I'm going to go insane watching the same videos over and over again.

Your Objectives
In Single Player Challenges, you go through little story moments just like in the Friday the 13th films! As Jason, stalk and murder your way through the New Jersey forests until you unlock all of the sweet emotes and get all the bonus CP points. For each stage, you will have three Skull objectives, and six Bonus objectives. The Skull objectives are easy to understand (but I'll explain them anyway): No Survivors, Undetected, and XP Score. If you wanna go in guns blazing thinking you can speedrun these maps think again. In order to unlock the next level you need two of the three Skulls completed in a single round. It's really hard to just get two, in most rounds just to get the XP Score you have to remain undetected in order to get the Special Kills for bonus points.

No Survivors means that no one gets out alive. Some maps do have time limits, with the classic two minute warning included, so make sure to keep that in mind where even if a victim won't leave on their own, you can eventually just run out of time. In this mode counselors can just run away from you, into either an Out of Bounds area (you get a warning about being Out of Bounds along with a timer counting down if you venture too far) or through a gate that prevents Jason from going past it. Cars, boats, cops, etc. are not required unlike in multiplayer.

Undetected means no being seen and leaving no trace of your murders where visible. Now, you might think like I and several others that you can just kick bodies off into the lake and that will be fine, the other characters can't see a body that isn't there. However, they can see the blood and gore where the murder occurred, so just kicking the body off into the sea won't help much. If you are detected, or if a body is found, you only have a few seconds to grab, trap, or gank the tattletail before you lose this skull. And sometimes, often, you'll lose it and not even be sure why! It was because your Stalk wore off and you have big clod feet you big clod.

XP Score is getting a certain amount of points in a round. Press TAB while in game to see what the XP Score is and how many points you have.

Special Kills are exactly what they say on the tin. These are special cutscenes designed specifically for this part of the game and unfortunately won't be coming to the multiplayer aspect. These are specifically scripted moments, so you must do the right things in order for them to occur, often times letting people live.

The Bonus Objectives are there to help you get the most of the experience, letting you know about some of the special kills and even some fun storyline stuff. For example, one level has you cutting the power on Chad while he hides in a house. Doing so doesn't just get you a bonus to your XP for the round and some CP for your characters, but also causes Chad to react differently to the situation. This can be used to your advantage.

Stalker spots are a new interactable in the game. Most of these are windows through the stages but other times they're rocks you can hide behind or trees. They let you watch what the characters are doing from a vantage point that hopefully means you won't be seen. Notice I said hopefully, because for example if it's an open window you're peering through the characters will just panic upon seeing your mask. They have their uses, and are fun for watching the characters interact from a distance, but are not required. They're only 10 XP anyhow.

Pressing TAB will let you see if you've failed any Skull objectives (designated by a red Skull), haven't achieved them (grey Skull), or currently have them (white Skull). It'll also let you know what the XP Score is, what your current XP is, what Bonus Objectives you have completed and which ones remain, your time in the stage, and how many victims remain vs how many have escaped and how many you've killed.

Who is the best Jason for Single Player Challenges?
Yes.

In all seriousness if a level's Bonus Challenge mentions a Jason, usually in the context of "Get a Three Skull round with this Jason!" just use that one. If not? Use your favorite. However, there are some Jason advantages and disadvantages that are entirely useless or important in SPC. For example, you're not going to be breaking down doors. Ever. If you're breaking down doors you have done hosed up and need to restart. That means Destruction as a Strength is entirely worthless.

But in the interest of science, I'll break down each individual statistic and give my opinion on which Jason might be best, although to be fair this probably changes from level to level as well.
Let's look at the Abilities first. You start out with all 4 Abilities at the beginning of the round.

Morph - Morph in SPC is... weird. Many of the predetermined Morph spots are often directly in the paths of victims going about their storyline. Be wary of where you morph and when. A single misclick can and will land you face first into a screaming Kenny, who will then tell everyone you're there.
Sense - Sense works differently in SPC. If a character is scared they still will light up like a christmas tree. However, without being scared? It's based on that character's Stealth stat directly. In one particular level you will be looking for a Deborah and using Sense you will never find her.
Shift - Got Tinfoil level Shift-Grab muscle memory? Heh, good luck with SPC. Unlearn that poo poo quick because Shift has two uses: getting places quickly and getting there unseen. It's no longer the most important Ability. If you're using Shift to chase down someone then you have already hosed up. Shifting into a room to get behind a victim without them seeing you is a much better use.
Stalk - Remember how Stalk was the least important ability in multiplayer, used to fool people into thinking you've left so they'll leave their hiding spots? It's your most important one now. Stalk prevents counselors from hearing your footsteps which will spook them faster than your mask will. Just walking NEAR someone who can't see you will suddenly alert them to your presence and cause you to fail at being undetected. Hence why Stalk is so great.
Rage - Getting Rage in SPC is incredibly rare. In most cases you won't even see it pop up. At any rate, it is completely useless in SPC so don't worry about it.

Note: I don't have Savini Jason, so I'll have to hear from Tinfoil or someone on his ability in these instances.

Strengths
Can Run - This is useful at times to get to places faster, so it's an A+ skill to have. 2, 3, 4, and 5 all have this.
Traps - Traps are generally not useful in SPC, and if they were you'd only want to use one, two at the most, so having extras is kind of useless. 2 has this.
Morph - The increased Morph regen is somewhat useful, but since the maps are so small you're not often to be Morphing around all over the place. You have time to let your Morph recharge. 2 has this.
Weapon Strength - All of your kills should either be Special Kills or Grabs. There is no use to this ability in SPC. Forget it. 3, 4, 7, and Savini all have this.
Grip Strength - Actually a boon here, as sometimes you have to grab and drag a victim to a specific special kill in order to activate it. However for the base Three Skull challenges it's not as useful. 3 has this.
Destruction - Breaking down doors is bad and if you're doing it in SPC you're bad and should feel bad. Don't break down doors (except in that one challenge where it asks you to and there are several easy to break one hit doors, don't be an idiot.) 4, 8, and Savini have this.
Throwing Knives - Only good for one specific bonus objective involving killing someone with throwing knives and even then you don't need that many to do it. Outside of that, forget it. 5 and 6 have this.
Stalk - Increased Stalk duration is GREAT. It's by far the one thing you want in SPC. 5, 8, and 9 have this.
Sense - The increased duration and range is nice, helping seeing those who aren't being particularly noticeable. 6 and 7 have this.
Shift - Nigh useless, you'll rarely be using Shift. You will use it, mind you, but it won't be over and over again like in Multiplayer. 6, 9, and Savini have this.
Water Speed - While there are a few times that people will purposely get into water on these maps, it's not likely to be a concern how fast you go. You'll already be blazing fast and while in the water your victim can't see you so it's not like you'll be detected. It's useless. 7 and 8 have this.
Stun Resistance - If they're fighting back you're detected. You don't need Stun Resistance. 9 has this.

Weaknesses
Shift - You'll rarely be using Shift, so it doesn't really matter all that much how fast it regenerates. It's whatever. 2 and 4 have this.
Defense - As you won't be fighting anyone, or shouldn't be, whether you can block or have HP doesn't matter! Yay! 2, 5, and 6 have this.
Water Speed - There are a couple of water based objectives but as it stands you still outrun every counselor in the water. There are no boats in SPC. Nothing to worry about here. 2, 4, and Savini have this.
Stun Resistance - If they're fighting back you're detected. You don't need Stun Resistance. It literally doesn't matter. 3, 5, and 7 have this.
Sense - Eek. This is actually an issue. Since Sense is something you will be using often you don't want your Sense lowered at all. Still, all of these challenges can be done without Sense. 3 and 8 have this.
Stalk - The absolute worst thing. Having your Stalk nerfed is bad in SPC. That said, the time you need Stalk is often very short and if you're careful, you don't necessarily have to use it. But it is required to not be Detected, so... 3 has this.
Traps - Who gives a poo poo? Traps in SPC are poo poo tier. 4, 7, and 9 have this.
Grip Strength - Most of the time if you're grabbing a counselor you're killing them pretty quickly, usually with a nearby prompt, so this isn't as necessary as you would think. However, some objectives require dragging people to traps in a grab, so this is a bit of an issue and against some characters where you can't find a good spot for a kill an even bigger one. So try to avoid this one. 5, 8, and Savini have this.
Can't Run - You want to be quick in this mode, so not having the ability to run is a bit of an issue. However, since most of your kills are going to be against people standing still it's not as required as you might think. 6, 7, 8, 9, and Savini all have this.
Morph - The decreased Morph speed is a slight issue considering you will be using Morph to warp around the map, that said you don't always need to Morph and it still comes back fairly quickly. 6 has this.
Less Hit Points - I went over this in Defense. HP doesn't matter. 9 has this.

A perfect SPC Jason would have +Stalk, +Sense, and +Run. No Jason has those three, but Part 5 does have two of them. A terrible SPC Jason would have negatives to all of those, leaving 3 and 8 as your worst Jasons, with 3 edging out 8 as the absolute worst possible option due to having the best ability in SPC nerfed and being the only one.

Note - at this time I'm not 100% sure if, at all, the XP received for doing things in the SPCs is added to your actual XP. I haven't seen a change since I started doing them.

There are 10 challenges in total, each more difficult than the last.

Challenge One - Broken Down
On their way to a wild party, a few of the boys are experiencing car troubles in the middle of the woods. Make sure they don't make it out alive!
2 Victims
XP Score: 400

Jason starts in the southeast corner of the map.

There are only two victims on this map, Adam and Buggzy. Adam is working on fixing the car while Buggzy continues to run his mouth, and generally being an annoying pest. At around the 20 second mark, Buggzy will mention needing to pee and walks off to the south to do so. Adam will move around to the front of the car and begin working under the hood for twenty seconds. Then he will get under the car and again work on it for about 20 seconds. Then he will go to the toolbox and search for a wrench for about ten seconds. Around the 1:30 mark Buggzy comes back from peeing and heads off to the west to have a cigarette. Adam will loop his actions once, then go under the hood a third time before closing it which fixes the car. At around 2:50, Buggzy will return, usually right when Adam has fixed the car. They get in, start it up, and leave. If Jason does absolutely nothing, the round will end at 3:07.

If Jason kills Buggzy when he's peeing or smoking Adam will head south to look for him as soon as the car has been fixed. Sometimes he'll head right to where Buggzy peed, and sometimes he'll head off to the left path instead. Either way, if he doesn't find anything he'll just get in the car and leave without saying a word (rear end in a top hat). If he sees a corpse he'll scream, run to the car, grab the flare gun, and leave. If Jason kills Adam while he's working on the car Buggzy will freak out, grab the flare gun, and run, usually east.

Three Skulls Quick Walkthrough
Kill Buggzy when he goes to pee, then kill Adam while he's working on the car. Get Special Kills for both. A super easy Three Skull round, but it is just level one.

Hoodwinked
Smash Adam's head with the hood of the car.
When Adam goes under the hood to work on the battery, walk up to him and press the Action button.

Gotta Go
End Buggzy's life while he relieves himself in the woods.
When Buggzy goes to pee, sneak up behind him and press the Action button. Buggzy must being peeing for this to count.

Those Things Will Kill You...
Grab and kill Buggzy on a smoke break.
Not all of these objective kills are considered "Special" in terms of how the game counts them and this the first example of this. Just stalk behind Buggzy when he goes to smoke under the street lamp, grab him, and do any grab kill. Anything. Just don't drop him, because he's right next to the exit and he'll just bolt out the door.

BUT I JUST FIXED IT
Smash the car as it tries to escape.
The easiest way to get this one is just to wait just to the north west for them to finish working on the car, then as they start it walk over and smash it.

Helpfun Mechanic
Get all 3 Skulls as Part 5 Jason.
Simply play as Part 5 and use the Three Skull walkthrough above. Easy.

Hidden Objective: Jacked
Pull the jack out from the car and crush Adam.
Adam gets under the car twice, both times Buggzy isn't around. During those times, simply walk up and hit the Action button.

Challenge Two - Power Struggle
Strange things are happening at the Higgins Haven lodge. Screams, power shutting down, and a mysterious smell of something burning....
4 Victims
XP Score: 600

Jason starts in the southwest corner of the map, just below Blair's Cove.

At first there are only two victims on this map, but two more enter after the first two are dead. In order to simplify things, we'll separate each instance into Part 1 and Part 2.

PART 1 - Mitch and AJ

After the cutscene of Mitch and AJ talking about the screaming and Mitch whining about sex and having to check the breaker box, Mitch will go out to check the breaker box. Right before he enters the shack Mitch will stop and comment how he's not afraid of anything, then enter the shack. He will take approximately 20 seconds to inspect the fuse box. If you listen in, you'll hear that he doesn't have a clue what's wrong with it. After heading back inside, Mitch and AJ will talk for approximately 20 seconds about how Mitch didn't fix the fuse, and AJ asks him to check it again. He does, but as soon as he enters the shack (around the 1:50 mark) he will instead light up a joint and stand still. At around the 2:29 mark, AJ will get impatient and go to check on Mitch outside. At 2:50, she will begin to attempt to fix the fuse box.

Part 1 ends here. The other two characters absolutely will not show up until these two are dead, and sadly the round ends after 10 minutes. At this point it would be nigh impossible to end the round "undetected."

Obviously if you kill AJ at any time before Mitch goes out to smoke a joint, during when he's in the shack the first time, he will discover her dead body and freak out. If you kill Mitch first, AJ will wait until the 2:29 mark to get impatient, then when she finds his body freak out and usually run towards Blair's Cove.

PART 2 - Jenny and Chad

Jenny and Chad will usually enter from the south side of the map. However, if you're in that area for some reason when they spawn then they will come in from the north instead.

Once part 2 starts it will take approximately 65 seconds for them to enter the house. Chad will mention checking the house, and Jenny will go for a walk. Chad will first go to warm his hands by the fire for a moment before going into the kitchen. If you killed AJ in the kitchen and went through the front door he will freak out immediately, so your moment to get him is the fire. If for some reason you didn't kill her there or if she escaped, he will begin inspecting the rest of the house wondering if everyone left. Eventually he'll head into the kitchen and, if he doesn't find a body, move to the shack. Meanwhile, as he does, Jenny will head out to the barn. She'll look around for a bit, seeing if anyone's there, pausing by a nearby rope for a moment, before heading back to the house. After a couple of minutes Jenny will head directly towards the kitchen. Once both Chad and Jenny head to the shack they will panic no matter what, whether Mitch died there or not, and run away.

Here's a weird glitch: if you grab someone just as they cross the Escape line and then kill them, you'll lose No Survivor, but it won't count as a Survivor OR a Kill on your objectives screen. Bizarre.

Kick Mitch into the breaker box, then go around to the front of the house and enter the kitchen that way to sneak up behind AJ. I like to use a Shift but it is possible to Stalk in there if you time it right. Make sure to get her special kill by boiling her face. Then wait for Chad to sit in front of the fireplace, and make sure he doesn't see you before that. Run up and grab him before he detects you and shove him in, then simply head out to the barn and kill Jenny any way you like.

Watch Your Step
Catch any counselor in a trap.
You have a Counselor at the beginning of this level who love to travel between two very specific locations. Put a trap at the bottom of the stairs next to the kitchen and one in front of the door to the shack. Mitch will step on one.

Walking Tall
Complete the entire mission without using the Shift ability as Part 6 Jason.
There are two ways to get this one. There is the legit way and the bullshit way.

First, the bullshit way. Technically getting to the Results screen counts as "completing the mission" so just start the round up as Part 6 and go make a sandwich. Yay, you win!

If you don't want to be a little bitch about it, it is possible to do. Just use that Stalk power at the right time. You'll figure it out.

Seared to Perfection
Roast Chad in the fireplace.
When Chad says he's going to check the house, the first thing he does is check out the fireplace. Simply grab him when he goes to warm his hands and execute him like you would anyone else.

AJ Al Dente
Boil AJ's face in the kitchen.
AJ loves to move around the kitchen and look behind her a lot, so a well timed Shift is a great option here. Otherwise, just sneak in with Stalk. As long as she's stirring the pasta, you can press the Action button to activate this special death.

Shocking Revelations
Electrocute Mitch to death on the generator.
When Mitch goes to check the generator the first time, and actually looks at it, Stalk behind him and hit the Action button. You only got one shot at this, so make it count.

Hidden Objective: Sweet Revenge
Get revenge on Jenny by hanging her in the barn.
When Jenny firsts enters the barn, she'll just stand next to the rope. But if you miss your opportunity, the rope also counts as a Grab kill spot, so just grab her and bring her back to it. Hit the Action button and it'll do the rest for you.

Challenge Three - Lights Out
2 Victims
XP Score: 400

Jason starts on the east side of the map, just to the right of the words "Camp Hillbrook."

After Kenny and AJ discuss restarting the generator Kenny will begin immediately heading towards the building that houses it. Meanwhile, AJ will stay in the northern cabin and talk to herself about how things "feel wrong." She will get spooked about someone being in the house and, hoping that it's just Kenny, will check the bathroom. There she will find a corpse and run away in fear.

Kenny can take multiple paths down to the utility shack, so watch out. He'll arrive about 45 seconds after the round has begun. The first thing he realizes is the generator isn't out of gas... someone turned it off. He'll get it running sometime between around 1:35 and 1:55, at which point he'll head back, however now he'll be in fear because he knows someone has messed with the equipment.

:eng101: For a bonus +50 XP, you CAN Party Crasher the generator after he fixes it.

AJ and Kenny will meet up in a cabin out of the rain and discuss what they have found. Kenny tells AJ about the sabotaged generator, and AJ tells Kenny about the body. They agree to get a hold of the sheriff and head to the south to leave. Along the way they will discover the body of Chad, hanging from the Crystal Lake entrance sign. They will stare frozen in fear at this moment, and then run off to the exit and leave together.

If you kill AJ before Kenny gets back, Kenny will immediately search the cabin. If he doesn't find anything immediately suspicious he will begin locking all of the doors and will attempt to leave through a window, running to the exit. If you kill Kenny before AJ she will first run to the cabin just south west of hers, then to the bathroom, and finally into the utility shack. Despite whether or not Kenny was killed there she'll freakout and run to the exit.

Just wait for AJ and Kenny to find Chad's body, then run up behind them and do the 'So Close...' special kill. Not only will this net you all three skulls in one fell swoop you'll also get that Bonus Objective in the process.

So Close...
Smash AJ and Kenny's heads together just before they escape.
This takes a bit to do because you have to wait for AJ and Kenny to freak out and run away. It's your first true introduction to the concept that sometimes the first opportunity to kill someone isn't the best, that it might be more beneficial to wait until they're in a better position. As they run up the path towards the front of the camp they'll find the body of Chad hanging from the entryway arch. When they stop, run up behind them and hit the Action Button.

Moving Violation
Stop any counselor in their tracks with a stop sign.
The only stop sign I've found is at the end of the camp road, at the street. Just kill AJ and scare Kenny into running. When he gets up there, grab him and pull him to the Stop Sign and hit the Action button.

Door Jam
Smash any counselor's head in with a door.
Unless you're some kind of super noob to Friday the 13th you should already know how to do this, but in case you don't have a clue just grab either counselor and bring them to a door and the "Kill with Door" prompt will appear.

Pruning
Use a tree to rip off any counselor's arms.
This was a loving nightmare for me to get the first time because the counselors do like to stick to the paths and not run through the trees, unless they're running away from you and even then they like stick on a straightforward path to the exit. I wish I had a better solution for this one, but all I did was slash Kenny as he ran up the path towards the exit until he was limping and then kept fighting him as I dragged him through the woods looking for one of the few trees you can do this kill on. And make sure it's the Pruning kill; it won't count if you the broken branch stab or anything else involving trees (I can't think of anything else but there might be more) and it has to be a tree, the telephone poles don't seem to work. This one is so hard I just tried to get it again to find a "for sure" tree? Still can't find it.

Speed Demon
Kill both counselors within 2 minutes of the mission start.
If you play multiplayer with the Camp Goon buttheads then you already know how to do this. Pick your best Jason and just kill both of them as fast as you can, whatever it takes. Traps, knives, slashing, just do it as fast as possible. Need practice? Try the bots. As long as you don't gently caress around or screw up you have plenty of time to do this.

Hidden Objective: Heart Burn
Dump gas down Kenny's throat and light him up.
When Kenny goes to fix the generator just walk in behind him and hit the action button. Yes, this is the "gas can and flare" kill we saw Kane mocaping forever ago and it is awesome.

Challenge Four - Stargazing
Coming soon!

Challenge Five - Packanack Party
Coming soon!

Challenge Six - Snuggle by the Fire
Coming soon!

Challenge Seven - Strip Poker
Coming soon!

Challenge Eight - Escaping
Coming soon!

Challenge Nine - JASON IS HERE
Coming soon!

Challenge Ten - Vacation Party
Coming soon!

I hope you all are enjoying this, if you have any questions or comments feel free to hit me up in the Discord or send me a PM or something.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 3, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
amusingly enough the first challenge's hidden objective is spoiled if you look at thee how-to-play single player challenges walkthrough in game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've gotten Rage a couple times in SPC, usually because I was loving around but it helped immensely on one challenge where Deborah's just chilling on the opposite side of the camp being hard as poo poo to find :mad: At least AJ has the courtesy of being in the opening cutscene to show she's around. Even with Rage her cabin didn't light up until I was shifting past it

EDIT: Speaking of shift grabbing, the general consensus is that shift grabbing is harder but I swear to god I've been nailing shift grabs constantly ever since the animation update :shepface: my usual problem was getting too excited and grabbing early, so maybe that extra step makes all the difference

Danaru fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 29, 2018

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Stalk is actually the best ability. Stalk, morph, I'm pretty sure they don't get the telltale VHS effect of you teleporting.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For me shift grabbing has definitely gotten harder. I used to be pretty good at it but since the update I’m like 2 for 40.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
The deva on the current state of things: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19547-post-engine-updateummupdate/

Wes posted:

Hey campers,

I wanted to just pop in here to say that we are reading posts. We are combing through twitter, reddit, this forum, and the endless reports via jasonkillsbugs website. As well as all the DM's, screenshots, videos from streams, etc, of issues that are popping up since the update. We are quiet at the moment, not because we don't care, ignoring you, ignoring problems, etc. Not that at all. Here's what we're doing:

1. We are recording every issue being reported across all social media, forums, etc. 

2. Looking for more information on each report. A report that says "Game crashes, fix it." requires us to reach out to that reporter for more informaion. (What platform, when does it crash, what were you doing when it happened, do you have video or screenshot of issues, etc.)

3. Consolidate all issues into one working document.

4. Sort issues into categories (animation, art, interactions, network, etc)

5. Mark priority for each issue (high, medium, low)

6. Then we have meeting with ILL (the developers) to go through list and give as much detail as we can.

7. QA at ILL gets spun up to replicate these issues. Upon replicating we can find the issue.

8. All Leads at ILL are briefed on QA findings vs known bug list.

9. Leads at ILL assign bugs to engineers, artists, etc, to fix.

10. Bug ticket marked as "fixed" and then it goes back to QA. QA tests the poo poo out to assure fix held.

11. On and on until high priority bugs are solid. Then move on down the list. 

12. Then you slate patch date for fixes with all platforms (Sony, MS, Steam) to try to get a patch out as fast as we can.

So we're not ignoring. We are listening and acting instantly. I apologize you're not getting responses directly or indirectly to current issues. I hope this quick post helps explain. We're here, we're fighting.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
They should just build a bug reporting feature into the game at this point

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I had a bug last night where I was playing as Tommy, and had driven the car to where the other counselors were messing with Jason. I got out of the car to help out, and when I was standing about 10 feet away from Jason, he grabbed at the area by the driver's side door and I teleported into his grasp. I used the knife to escape, and then shotgunned him as soon as he recovered, after that, I ran towards the exit since the cops had arrived, only to get telported back into Jason's hands when he again grabbed the area by the driver's side door.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I had a bug where I hid under a bed, the character came out from under the bed, and the camera stayed in place instead of following my character. (Until I was able to get them back on screen and under the bed, that fixed the camera.)

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

A.o.D. posted:

I had a bug last night where I was playing as Tommy, and had driven the car to where the other counselors were messing with Jason. I got out of the car to help out, and when I was standing about 10 feet away from Jason, he grabbed at the area by the driver's side door and I teleported into his grasp. I used the knife to escape, and then shotgunned him as soon as he recovered, after that, I ran towards the exit since the cops had arrived, only to get telported back into Jason's hands when he again grabbed the area by the driver's side door.

Something similar to this happened to me this weekend, I was wondering what the hell was going on and thought it was lag.

I just wish they'd fix the single player "all counselors get knives and fireworks" cause that gets annoying as poo poo.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

That sounds like client-server desync. I've had the same issue a couple of times recently. Once was during a private match and I was told it looked like I just stood there when I had run about 40 feet away towards a cabin.

Manwall!
Dec 27, 2004
Manwall es victorioso!
Hopefully it's cool for me to post this here; if not I'll remove it!

There's a really fun Ramones-style band called The Jasons, and I found out they've e-mailed Gun Media a couple of times about getting one of their songs into the game but haven't gotten any responses back. I figured if that terrible Misfits song made it into the game these guys deserve a spot too, so I started a petition. Check 'em out and if you like what you hear, maybe sign it and share it. It would be super cool to see these two passion projects overlap, so I figured it's worth a shot. Please note I'm not at all affiliated with the band; I'm just a fan who supports the artists I like as much as I can.

https://www.change.org/p/gun-media-...r_starters_page

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Comfortador posted:

I just wish they'd fix the single player "all counselors get knives and fireworks" cause that gets annoying as poo poo.

I like that all the AI counselors can throw firecrackers directly at you with pinpoint accuracy, sometimes even the nanosecond you grab them.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Comfortador posted:

Are you talking about offline bots? Because yes, some counselors in SPC have fireworks. As in I've seen literally one. NONE have knives.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

Are you talking about offline bots? Because yes, some counselors in SPC have fireworks. As in I've seen literally one. NONE have knives.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he means bots. They do have an abundance of knives and sometimes laser precision with fireworks.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Regrettable posted:

That sounds like client-server desync. I've had the same issue a couple of times recently. Once was during a private match and I was told it looked like I just stood there when I had run about 40 feet away towards a cabin.

I've had that happen in the past, but no, the rest of the counselors saw where I was at, and I'd even blasted Jason with a shotgun. This looked like something new.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Wish I had experienced Jason 6 and his hyper regenerating shift before they broke shift/grab

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TheBizzness posted:

Wish I had experienced Jason 6 and his hyper regenerating shift before they broke shift/grab

It's still great for stopping cars. I've caught more than a few cars after they restarted by just quickly shifting in front of them and letting them hit me in the back.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Double XP from now until the 8th! https://mobile.twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/1003728205595987971?s=21

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
drat. I was gonna take a significant break but I guess I’ll start grinding again.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

A few days old now, but here're some notes for a patch that should be hitting sometime this week:

quote:

Hey everyone, we’ve been a bit quiet since the last update, as we’ve been focused on getting fixes completed and wrapped up for patching. We’re looking at early-to-mid next week to push patches out on all three platforms, but they likely will not occur at the same time, or even the same day, as different platforms are facing some different issues.

There are still things that need to be worked on, but here is what should be going live early next week:

Xbox One Crash at start – This was one of the highest priority issues for us. We’ve fixed two separate issues that could be causing Xbox Ones to crash at the “Press A to Start” screen.

Vehicle Rubber-banding – This was another high priority issue for us. There are two Rubber-banding bugs that have been a problem over this past year. The first is the bug that appeared after the December patch and is a different issue than the one that is currently in the live build. While we had fixed the first Rubber-banding bug during our work for the May patch, the engine upgrade had also consequently created a new Rubber-banding issue. Both of these issues are very different, but look nearly identical to players. This has understandably caused a lot of confusion. We have made a fix for this newest rubber-banding bug and we hope that this upcoming patch will resolve the Rubber-banding issue once and for all.

Numerous Gameplay Crashes – We’ve fixed a bunch of issues that could cause game crashing. This was another high priority issue.

Missed or Missing Audio Queues – This includes door, window, and barricading sounds not playing. They should play now.

Jason Car Physics - Jason should no longer be able to kick cars across the map.

Jason Shininess Reduction – Jason shouldn’t be so shiny now.

Savini Skin Pixelation – Savini Jason’s textures should look much better now.

Speed Demon Objective – This objective should complete correctly for players now.

Tiffany Swimsuit – Players can now correctly choose both the top and bottom of Tiffany’s swimsuit.

Non-selectable Emotes – PC players should now be able to select any emote that they have unlocked.

Key Binding – Added throwing knife functionality to key bindings.

We fixed Roy’s orange hands.

Emote Loop – The new dance emotes loop. Have fun dancing.

Part 6 Jason Skin – Fixed some discoloration on his mask straps.

Victoria Clothing Change - Victoria no longer quick changes her pants when she puts on the sweater.

Muting Players - Addressed an issue to make muting players more consistent

We are still working on a number of high priority items, including the following:

Character Randomization – This has caused a number of other issues including the wrong skin, wrong weapons, wrong Jason in intro/outro, etc. We are still working on this.

Counselors not being able to pick up items – May occur when swapping an equipped item with an item on the floor

Stun/Grab Floating – Occurs when Jason is stunned at the same time as a grab lands.

Violent Shaking during kills – Counselor bodies violently shake back and forth during the kill animation.

Grab Insta-kill – we’ve only seen this reported 2 times. If this has happened to you, or in a match that you have played, let us know. If you have a video of the match, even better.

We have a lot more work to do, but this patch should address most of the high priority issues that are keeping people from being able to play.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

LOOPING DANCES AGAIN

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My favorite bug ever, which of course happened in a Burk game, was when I died and took possession of Icedude's body.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My favorite bug ever, which of course happened in a Burk game, was when I died and took possession of Icedude's body.

My body which inexplicably became headless when you took over it, while my camera was stuck back where you got into the car :allears:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Icedude posted:

My body which inexplicably became headless when you took over it, while my camera was stuck back where you got into the car :allears:

It was a faithful recreation of Part IX.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I knew that car bug wasn't a desynch issue.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still don't know how that bug happened, Tinfoil, or even why it happened.

I'm just glad that it did and it was great.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Twice today jason smashed the car onto its side while removing the knife from his neck killing me because I was standing next to the car.

Was more funny than anything.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Even more patches!

quote:

Welcome to the June 8th Patch notes!
This patch will be released initially for the PC only.
The XB1 and PS4 patch will be released at a later date once the certification process has been completed

UPDATE: 6/8/18 - PS4 Patch is now live

General Changes and Bugfixes
General

[PS4] Medium Bloody Skins have been re-enabled
[PS4] Improved VoIP functionality
[PS4] Fixed a bug where the idle timer was not working properly
Addressed several issues that were causing crashes
Including the crash that occurred on startup for XB1
[PC] Fixed an issue that caused SteamVR to activate when the user is launching the game with a VR device connected
Improved consistency with the mute function
The following emotes will now loop properly:
The Poppin’ Robot
The Cabin Boogie
Freaky Friday
Friday Night Fever
Sexy Sway
The Pumpkin Patch
The Running Man
Bouncin’ and Boppin’
The Bel-Air
The Vincent
The Mia
The Low Down
Jason

Addressed a bug that sometimes allowed players to select an unreleased Jason
Fixed an issue with Jason holding his weapons incorrectly when weapon swapping
Fixed an issue that caused Jason to become “shiny” when equipped with a bloody skin
Fixed an issue with Part 5 Jason’s hands being “bright orange”
Fixed an issue with Part 6 Jason’s mask strap being discolored
Fixed an issue that caused Savini Jason’s clothes to “flicker”
Counselors

Fixed an issue with Medical Sprays not functioning properly
Fixed an issue with Victoria’s pants changing into the incorrect pattern when the player equips the Sweater
Fixed an issue where Tiffany’s swimsuit outfit was not able to be individually customized between the top and bottom
Fixed a bug where Buggzy’s shoes would deform when performing certain emotes
Fixed an issue with Jenny and Tiffany’s model in the character selection menu
Vehicles

Addressed the “Rubberbanding” bugs
Maps
General

Increased the amount of shore spawners on each map
Note: These are the item spawners that are used to respawn weapons and repair parts when a counselor escapes or dies in the water
Jarvis House

Fixed an issue where players would incorrectly take damage when climbing out one of the windows in the Vacation House
Pinehurst

Added a car blocking volume to the small bridge next to the Halfway House
Single Player Challenges

Fixed an issue on Broken Down where Buggzy’s head and neck were slightly disconnected in the opening cinematic
Fixed a bug on Lights Out where Speed Demon would become unobtainable after 1 minute
Addressed an issue on Stargazing where Shelly would jump out the windows instead of using the front door
Fixed a bug on Packanack Party that caused A.J. and Adam’s VO to play even after they had been killed
Fixed an issue on Strip Poker where there could sometimes be a duplicate A.J. in the opening cinematic
Fixed a bug on JASON IS HERE where Lachappa’s VO would play twice in the intro
Fixed a bug on JASON IS HERE where Buggzy and Vanessa’s conversation was not playing properly
Fixed a bug on JASON IS HERE where Buggzy would sometimes start sleepwalking for a few moments before falling back to sleep
Fixed an issue on Vacation Party where the counselors may sit in mid air or behave erratically when Jason walked past the window by the side of the building
Fixed an issue on Vacation Party where killing Vanessa during her conversation with Kenny would break Kenny’s AI
Sound

Fixed a bug where certain weapons would not produce the sound effect that occurs when Jason destroys a hiding spot
Fixed a bug where the sound effects for doors, barricades, etc. would not consistently trigger
UI

[XB1] Addressed an issue that was causing the morph reticle to disappear
[PC] Fixed an issue that caused some of the emotes to be unclickable in the emote selection menu
[PC] Added “Knife Throw” to the Keybindings menu
[PC] The “Left” and “Right” movement key bindings will now properly affect movement while driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Did they fix "Every counselor in offline play spawns with pocketknives, firecrackers and health spray." ?

• Locked thread