Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The best part of 4 was Optimus declaring freedom to the Dinobots, then immediately threatening to kill them if they didn't do his will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rhyno posted:

She ded.

!

Hopefully just forums-ded where they don't post anymore, and not like for realz ded.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

General Battuta posted:

In 5 he finds God and tries to kill her. She mind controls him and he doesn't break free until one of his soldiers volunteers to die on his sword. Etc, etc. They read like they were written to give Terry material.

Also Optimus' Mother/God lives in what seems to be the only part of his planet that grows organic plant life, and she's wants to destroy Earth because it's literally Satan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MonsieurChoc posted:

!

Hopefully just forums-ded where they don't post anymore, and not like for realz ded.

They post in games I guess.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Cybertron in some offshoot canon of Transformers is supposed to be the planet form of Primus himself. Their God is their home world.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If by "offshoot canon" you mean the original one then yes.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Arquinsiel posted:

If by "offshoot canon" you mean the original one then yes.

Not in the G1 cartoon canon, which is the only one that counts.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can't read a Marvel comic made with a weapons manufacturer but at least you can still buy a toy officially licensed by one.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SimonCat posted:

Not in the G1 cartoon canon, which is the only one that counts.

Right, it's in one or both* of the G1 comic books.

*They made a US version and a UK version of the comic with different story lines, the UK one often lifting from the US one. Kid me didn't figure that out before years after having collected from both continuities.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The MSJ posted:

You can't read a Marvel comic made with a weapons manufacturer but at least you can still buy a toy officially licensed by one.

Reminds me of the time when CNN used a toy from the first Transformers movie to demonstrate how soldiers are protected against IEDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maAWP2uVd7M

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Donnerberg posted:

Right, it's in one or both* of the G1 comic books.

*They made a US version and a UK version of the comic with different story lines, the UK one often lifting from the US one. Kid me didn't figure that out before years after having collected from both continuities.

Other way around. The UK one put out so much more material that the US one ended up using it for filler, which threw the UK comic off because their homegrown stuff was just filler for their weekly issues between printing the US monthly issues in chunks.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Is he to be F35?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gatts posted:

Is he to be F35?

He was an F-22 in the first three movies.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
This is really hosed up, and I know that it's hosed up, but the fact that it has the Lockheed Martin logo on the box, and that I feel this is somehow hosed up, makes me want it more.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's also a really good toy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

He was an F-22 in the first three movies.

To be fair Lockheed Martin did make the F22. I master scheduled and helped build the landing gear on that and other aircraft.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

Is he to be F35?

I imagine if this happens everyone would figure out the strangely functional and competent jet is a Transformer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DoctorWhat posted:

It's also a really good toy.

You thought so? The one I got was kinda junky. He also looked terrible in jet mode, and even weirder in robot mode.

The best figures from that line were the Barricade and the modern Bumblebee.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

You thought so? The one I got was kinda junky. He also looked terrible in jet mode, and even weirder in robot mode.

The best figures from that line were the Barricade and the modern Bumblebee.

There's no Barricade yet in the Studio Series line. And SS 'Bee is fine but among the deluxes it's nothing compared to Stinger.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bunch of stuff from Cinemacon about the Bumblebee movie.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/989295927587307520
https://twitter.com/HertzBarry/status/989295260030439425
https://twitter.com/JillianSed/status/989295062621175808
https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/status/989297689127927808

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is the Bumblebee movie still supposedly gonna be R-rated? That sounded like bullshit but it would be hilarious.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is the Bumblebee movie still supposedly gonna be R-rated? That sounded like bullshit but it would be hilarious.

Hasbro would never allow it (although an R-rated Transformers espionage-thriller has the potential to be crazy in all the best ways).

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Bumblebee will be X rated and directed by Ralph bakshi

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bumblebee got itself the composer from Travis Knight's previous movie Kubo and sound editors from Michael Bay's recent production A Quiet Place.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Let's get ready to Bumble.

https://twitter.com/transformers/status/1003894439079763968

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Feels like a superhero film.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What if The Shape of Water, but robot?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Cartoon did it first.

Milky Moor posted:

Feels like a superhero film.

They did say they used The Iron Giant as a reference.

By the way, the new Revenge of The Fallen Megatron toy reminded me of this thread since it has a pair of cylindrical balls.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 5, 2018

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Watching the trailer again, the transformations feel more in line with the first film than the later films, so that's pretty cool. I wonder how much of that came from the director's past as an animator?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Robot loving is definitely part of the 80’s so it feels perfect for the movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Unfortunately they need to make a prequel set in the 2000s for Bumblebee to gently caress, because then they can use this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4nVYt3yjs

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Teaser trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

I like it! Going back to the OG Transformers look. Starscream looks awesome. Also in one of the last shots it looks like Bumblebee might change into a Jeep or something similar. The grill on his chest looks like an early Jeep grill.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Holy gently caress! They finally did right by Starscream!

The Screamer is the best character in the setting by huge margin, largely thanks to the original voice actor with his hilariously weird voice. It makes me so happy to see him done properly!

Milky Moor posted:

Watching the trailer again, the transformations feel more in line with the first film than the later films, so that's pretty cool. I wonder how much of that came from the director's past as an animator?

That's a good change for sure. The most impressive part of the first Bay movie was the helicopter transformation at the very start. I'd like to see more of that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I wonder if the prequel will acknowledge Bumblebee’s (totally awesome) Nazi-killing past, or if it’ll ignore it completely.

“Beep boop I’m frightened of meaningful human contact, my only exposure to human culture has been curb-stomping fascists without remorse :black101:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Now I'm sad because when I heard there was a Bumblebee prequel, I thought it was going to be about his Nazi killing days in WWII.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Donnerberg posted:

Holy gently caress! They finally did right by Starscream!

The Screamer is the best character in the setting by huge margin, largely thanks to the original voice actor with his hilariously weird voice. It makes me so happy to see him done properly!

That's a good change for sure. The most impressive part of the first Bay movie was the helicopter transformation at the very start. I'd like to see more of that.

Was about to check the teaser and saw this post. StarScream is my favorite, so hearing he's going to get some decent representation in this, on top of being in it to begin with, I'll just wait until I see it in theaters.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

By the way, Barricade is also in the movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's probably going to be some sort of handwave "Bumblebee was rebooted" thing to explain why he doesn't remember killing Nazis and is afraid of teenage girls.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Starscream looks great and they got classic Bee going so I’m cool with a PTSD robot hiding away from the horrors of WW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

There's probably going to be some sort of handwave "Bumblebee was rebooted" thing to explain why he doesn't remember killing Nazis and is afraid of teenage girls.

Obviously he tried to fight in Vietnam and now have PTSD.