Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Nah I've seen the metal shield tokens here though?

Edit: if SA gets two kits it'll be enough to go around to all active players lol

Wow, figured SA would be pretty active.

The Bathurst area would have 3 itself. Sydney and the coast go through tons.

Besides X-Wing, I was reallllllly looking forward to a Legion store champ this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Here is the story of how FFG hosed up and now all FFG games in Australia won't have store champ kits.

https://intelsweep.wordpress.com/2018/06/05/australia-to-get-leftover-store-champs-kits-for-all-ffg-systems/

It has gotten really bad lately with kits. Aussie shops have yet to receive the metal shield token kits.

Edit: Just looking through FB and forums people are loving piiiiiiiisssed

According to the Reddit threat, a lot of the blame for this goes to Let's Play Games, who is the sole distributor for FFG stuff in Australia. Not all of it, but a lot.

Apparently they suck, and if they screw up, it throws OP events for FFG games out of whack on the entire continent.

That article got updated with that info, too.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah I've never heard good things about Let's Play Games, and honestly, it sounds like it's their responsibility to make the order.
They dun goofed.
I'm surprised FFG can't order some more printings though, especially as it's a much quicker delivery time to Aus.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
2nd Ed promo for Saw's Rebels:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/5/extreme-action/

Looking forward to using U-Wings in a non-joke list for once!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The new U-Wing title, which lets you flip on activation and lets you turn 90 or 180 degrees, is really good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hell yeah

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, the new U Wing title is everything the old one should have been, and honestly, could easily be applied to every ship with a red stop and a crew slot without being broken.

In 1e, anyway.

But I'm so meeehhhh on rebel announcements now that I've decided to buy out of them.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Still no door gun auxiliary arc :argh:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

TaurusTorus posted:

Hey, there's side arcs now, just not shaded, it would br trivial to make a Door Gunner crew which gave it a mobile turret, which could only fire in one side or the other.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

TaurusTorus posted:

Don't open the door in space!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

You can't door gun in space!*

*Unless everyone wore EVA suits or whatever.

Otto Xander
Dec 5, 2013
I'm really looking forward to X-Wing 2.0. I pretty much just play casually with my 6 year old nephew who always beats me, so the quick build cards will make setting up a lot faster.

I wanted to share some reference images I made that show the new ship maneuvers and actions. I got dizzy from staring at the maneuver dial images and find these much easier to look at. I plan on making them prettier and formatting them for printing to fit in standard and mini American sleeves. I tried to correct all of my mistakes but let me know if any slipped through.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

AndyElusive posted:

You can't door gun in space!*

*Unless everyone wore EVA suits or whatever.
Maybe it has those shield things like docking bays do?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Otto Xander posted:

I wanted to share some reference images I made that show the new ship maneuvers and actions. I got dizzy from staring at the maneuver dial images and find these much easier to look at. I plan on making them prettier and formatting them for printing to fit in standard and mini American sleeves. I tried to correct all of my mistakes but let me know if any slipped through.

:thanks:

This is an excellent resource.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Otto Xander posted:

I'm really looking forward to X-Wing 2.0. I pretty much just play casually with my 6 year old nephew who always beats me, so the quick build cards will make setting up a lot faster.

Woah, this is extremely good. Should absolutely go in the OP

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Fun fact: every small based ship now has a reposition (boost, roll, slam)

Except the Sheathipede

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Give me illicit solid boosters for a one use slam :jeb:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Is burnout slam not a thing in 2.0, yet? Love to have that on those Saul Gerrera x-wings and u-wings that have illicit slots.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

Is burnout slam not a thing in 2.0, yet? Love to have that on those Saul Gerrera x-wings and u-wings that have illicit slots.

Not yet.

Also, here's the list of contents from the rebel conversion kit
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8oyoie/rebel_conversion_kit_contents/

Looks like 1x for every unique card and 2x for every generic card for every card type across the board (pilots, upgrades, etc).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

And, predictably, some people are pissed. The two biggest targets of their ire are:

Not enough generic ship cards to run generic swarms of every ship.
Maul crew isn't in the rebel kit even though it can technical go on some rebel lists.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

2x of everything generic is disappointing but not really surprising. Will have to see how list building is before deciding if 4x of everything is worth the price.

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

ConfusedUs posted:

And, predictably, some people are pissed. The two biggest targets of their ire are:

Not enough generic ship cards to run generic swarms of every ship.
Maul crew isn't in the rebel kit even though it can technical go on some rebel lists.

Also, Ahsoka didn't make the cut for Rebel TIE.

I think part of the "only 2x generic ship card" complaints has to do with showcasing lists for the Fansite Game Demo with Developers, that aren't possible to make with 1 conversion kit (one video had 3x Black Squadron TIE, another had 4x). I'm not concerned because I'm in for 2x Core Sets, and 1 of each conversion. And probably 2x of the first wave.

Omar_Comin fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 6, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Omar_Comin posted:

Also, Ahsoka didn't make the cut for Rebel TIE.

She was completely obsoleted by the Sheathipede in every way possible in 1.0.

I'm not surprised to see her not make the cut here.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Finster Dexter posted:

Sweet, i had no idea something like that already existed :v:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Not yet.

Also, here's the list of contents from the rebel conversion kit
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8oyoie/rebel_conversion_kit_contents/

Looks like 1x for every unique card and 2x for every generic card for every card type across the board (pilots, upgrades, etc).

I wish the list had a breakdown of the dials. They broke out the number of loving calculate tokens, but lmao "37 dials". Ok thanks. ffs

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

I wish the list had a breakdown of the dials. They broke out the number of loving calculate tokens, but lmao "37 dials". Ok thanks. ffs

Uh, we've had that since literally day 1.

Expand the FAQ section and scroll down.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Reaper and Saw's dated for June 21. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hey, does anyone know any shops or people who have store championships kits they want to sell? Australia is getting about 4 or 5. A couple shops bought a couple of kits from shops that weren't going to use them.

Pretty dire down here.

edit: Final numbers are out and it looks like 12 kits for the entire country. Last year Australia went through about 60-70.

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 7, 2018

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Raged posted:

Hey, does anyone know any shops or people who have store championships kits they want to sell? Australia is getting about 4 or 5. A couple shops bought a couple of kits shops that weren't going to use them.

Pretty dire down here.

If they aren’t going to run a tournament report them to FFG OP.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Devlan Mud posted:

If they aren’t going to run a tournament report them to FFG OP.

That's not the problem. Australian shops are not getting store champ kits due to an FFG OP and distributor gently caress up. Shops are having to beg for spare kits wherever they could find them.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Was goofing off at work today and it turns out i really want this thing from the new solo movie as a scum epic ship

My interest in epuc is pretty limited since explicitly want X-Wing as a smaller and shorter alternative to my current tabletop systems but the design is sweet enough that i'd buy it. I'm a sucker for "vertical" ships.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Give it a supermassive single base, like 2x the size of the existing large base.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Uh, we've had that since literally day 1.

Expand the FAQ section and scroll down.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Oh derp I didn't realize those were dial counts.

That being said, I can understand the saltiness a bit, now. These kits have the bare minimum for FFG to say they supported people's 1.0 collections. I get that they can't include bits for people's 7 TIE/ln swarms, but if you're putting 4 dials in there, at least put 4 Black Squadron pilots or whatever. Feels like good ol' FFG, though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Finster Dexter posted:

Oh derp I didn't realize those were dial counts.

That being said, I can understand the saltiness a bit, now. These kits have the bare minimum for FFG to say they supported people's 1.0 collections. I get that they can't include bits for people's 7 TIE/ln swarms, but if you're putting 4 dials in there, at least put 4 Black Squadron pilots or whatever. Feels like good ol' FFG, though.

There's a fine line between 'including everything they possibly can' and 'keeping the price at least somewhat sane.' Besides, presumably the core set will have some more pilots, for the TIE/ln at least.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TheCenturion posted:

There's a fine line between 'including everything they possibly can' and 'keeping the price at least somewhat sane.' Besides, presumably the core set will have some more pilots, for the TIE/ln at least.

Yeah, that's true. And it's still not super bad, I guess... worst case scenario, I'd need to pick up an a-wing pack and a z-95 pack to get enough generics on the rebel side. Imp side I'll have another core.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I think they honestly did think of a lot of ways to try and do the update. They know the game needed a change and this may be the cheapest and most effective. They could have went a route of using an app that would change the cards but it’d be a lot to track and reference. Then the cardboard changes could have been done with stickers but good freaking luck with how some people can accurately apply those. Then there’s the new dials which probably could have been just in packs but why not just do a whole bunch?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to take triple punishers to all the store championships this year.

Because lol why not.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...0Punishers&obs=

I'm actually undefeated on league nights with this thing, believe it or not...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Lando's Falcon for Scum!

Sweet! Note the front launching Falcon they are obscuring the stats for. I am very hype.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lando's Falcon for Scum!

Sweet! Note the front launching Falcon they are obscuring the stats for. I am very hype.

Siiiiiiick!

I'm curious if there's a sculpt for the L3 escape ship like how the ghost had one for the Phantom included.

Might want to buckle up, baby.

Edit: gently caress I just realized this makes it really hard to decide what 1 faction to ditch when 2.0 drops. Goddamnit maybe I just rock all three...four....?....all five?? Fuuuuuck.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lando's Falcon for Scum!

:perfect:

I've wanted a scum Falcon for years.

Maybe the escape pod detaches from the model lmao