Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SilverSupernova posted:

Agreed. On that note I am overjoyed that Infinity Countdown is giving us a Deaths Head/Darkhawk team-up in the coming weeks.

I'm buddies with one of the co-writers on D-Hawk (as its fans call him). This is the second time he's gotten to use Death's Head, the second being in X-Men '92. Basically if Marvel gave him the chance to do a DH ongoing he'd doing (almost) for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Onmi posted:

The Dazzler preview is uh... not the greatest.

So the writer felt that Mutants should be phobic towards Inhuman's, while I personally disagree with the concept it's the actual composition that leaves me scratching my head.

How does this mutant know these ladies are Inhuman's? They haven't used their powers, they aren't dressed any special way, and they don't look like they couldn't be Mutants.

On top of that, the comment appears to be delivered by a green-elf-orc hybrid thing, who is standing next to a yellow maybe-cat lady, with red and blue demon looking guys up front. Perhaps his comment is about how they're humanoid with no visible mutation? That doesn't work, the setting is a concert Dazzler is holding specifically to promote inclusivity, and Dazzler, like many mutants, looks perfectly human with no visible trait OF mutation.

So what's the deal? I was so confused about this the first time reading I thought the text bubbles had been swapped around.

There is an interesting discussion to have about bigotry between groups among minorities or similar ethnic groups and using the X-Men as a vehicle for it could work. Examples Irish not being white until they were needed to keep white majority or light vs dark skin african americans. It would be incredibly touchy.

This is not that.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 1, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also, it's a Dazzler concert, where else would a green faced mutant be on a Saturday night?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If we get a really dope team on this Superior Spider Man relaunch, I will forgive Spencer on ASM.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Also, it's a Dazzler concert, where else would a green faced mutant be on a Saturday night?

Speaking of, what’s Doop up to nowadays?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Speaking of, what’s Doop up to nowadays?

He was in the latest issue of OML

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I have always found the mutants vs Inhumans dichotomy in the modern Marvel universe to be utterly fascinating and completely rife for thought-provoking stories.

Unfortunately, there seems to be an ancient Sumerian curse placed on me, personally, making it so that absolutely any attempt Marvel makes at tackling the topic will be embarrassingly hamfisted at best and actively repugnant at worst.

Maybe the rest of the issue makes that exchange in the preview less cringeworthy? Though someone would have to help me break the curse first, so I'm not holding my breath.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-threatened-gunmen/

I don't think Stan's having a great life.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Looking at that link I really wanted that article to be about Stan Lee threatening some gunmen with like a bop on the noggin or other old-timely insult.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's claimed that he's finally gotten control over his Twitter account, but it's patently obvious it's still out of his hands.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

^burtle posted:

If we get a really dope team on this Superior Spider Man relaunch, I will forgive Spencer on ASM.

What's this about a Superior Spider-Man relaunch?

Honestly I feel like that worked as a limited run with a defined ending, but bringing it back feels a bit pointless.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The superior set up I feel is so slott can use him in Iron man

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

i loved the 30-odd issues of superior spiderman

i also fear the new writer will make it become bad

edit: even if the new writer is slott again, i always fear it will become bad

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Superior Spider-Man is good in part because it's a successful longform narrative with a beginning, middle and end. It's a rise and fall story, and Otto has an arc that's very satisfying. I'm a bit more dubious about the idea of an ongoing, but I do like the character, so we'll see I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress yes.

https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/status/1003737036656906240

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Oh. poo poo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Thor/Juggernaut have the best fights. Hell yeah!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It's kind of crazy how consistently hyped Aaron makes me for a character that I never really cared for before he jumped on.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Juggernaut's noseguard, though! It makes him look like some sort of mole person.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Juggernaut's noseguard, though! It makes him look like some sort of mole person.

Of course! It's so obvious! Harvey!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Of course! It's so obvious! Harvey Melvin!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Android Blues posted:

Superior Spider-Man is good in part because it's a successful longform narrative with a beginning, middle and end. It's a rise and fall story, and Otto has an arc that's very satisfying. I'm a bit more dubious about the idea of an ongoing, but I do like the character, so we'll see I guess.

Yeah I think this is actually Superior’s strongest feature. Ending with Otto realizing he’s a garbage hero and conceding to Peter was a great end to his arc that was only a little dampened by Slott immediately bringing him back. I don’t think we’ll be getting a Superior ongoing anytime soon though, that teaser felt less like an advertisement for a new book and more of Slott trying to leave the door open for his favorite character to get used down the line.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
https://news.marvel.com/comics/89637/wolverine-returns-this-september/ Shish kebubs? Snikt kebabs?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The most dangerous hero in existence is Dr. Druid, with the power of super-fuckupery.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm guessing they're not adamantium any more and get hot from the friction of slicing up Sentinels and what not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yawn. Wake me up when Cyclops comes back.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Yawn. Wake me up when Cyclops comes back.

Same.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
hard to believe he’s been gone with the 20 different wolverines they’ve featured since he went away

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Question : Man there are 300+ posts in the Marvel thread. I should probably skip to the end. After all, I doubt there is anything important there.

(Opens thread, sees this as the first post )

site posted:

https://twitter.com/albertxii/status/997315052322439168?s=19

It never occurred to me until just now, reading this tweet, that's it's Cain Marko as in the mark of Cain and I feel so dumb

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I WILL LEARN ALL DAY!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm laughing so hard at Marvel giving Wolverine a new power.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Maaaan, the end of today's Infinity Countdown bummed me right out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Secondary mutations are a well established thing!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The idea of, "we're doing something really interesting...his claws, they get hot now", is hilarious. It's like if a DC rep was like, "a lot of stuff has changed for Batman, and we're exploring some exciting new territory in his new ongoing. For instance, Batman now has a kite."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kite Batman? Hell yeah.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wolverine and his red hot boners.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Android Blues posted:

The idea of, "we're doing something really interesting...his claws, they get hot now", is hilarious. It's like if a DC rep was like, "a lot of stuff has changed for Batman, and we're exploring some exciting new territory in his new ongoing. For instance, Batman now has a kite."

Now I'm having The Other flashbacks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mr Hootington posted:

It's a power he should have had from the very beginning, really.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Wolverine and his red hot boners.

Chortle at his boners? He'll show you just how many boners the Wolverine can make!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Wolverine's new power should be that when he pops his claws, a tinier Wolverine comes out of his knuckles and the fixes the problem he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Every time Wolverine pops his new claws he's going to explain that they're the focused totality of his wolverinic abilities.

• Locked thread