Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Calaveron posted:

The bird monster area was designed to be super easy despite being pretty hard to get to

It also had a far, far, far easier unlock requirement than Ruta.

With Ruta I had to sneak around the Lynel to grab the arrows, and those Lynels have loving massive detection ranges. Plus when I did it, I only had like 5 hearts total so the Lynel was a huge threat. With Medoh I had to do the oh-so-difficult flight range where I couldn't fail and ended up completing the 3-minute test in literally 12 seconds. It was beyond easy.

E: Hey question. That cherry tree where I found the ancient bridle keeps glowing bright green at night and is visible from across the map. I was on top of duelling peaks and it was bright and visible. I've been there many times (It's one of the two places I found to farm silent princesses) but I can't figure out what the point is beyond 'glowing green'.

khy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

"Twitch Plays" is currently doing BOTW, I have no idea how they expect this to work

https://www.twitch.tv/communitycontroller

How the hell did they actually get the Master Sword?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Casull posted:

How the hell did they actually get the Master Sword?

By there being a low enough player count for cooperation to be actually possible.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

instead of climbing on everything like a coked up cat.

sorry but there's literally no other way to play botw

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

khy posted:

E: Hey question. That cherry tree where I found the ancient bridle keeps glowing bright green at night and is visible from across the map. I was on top of duelling peaks and it was bright and visible. I've been there many times (It's one of the two places I found to farm silent princesses) but I can't figure out what the point is beyond 'glowing green'.

Have you tried visiting it when it's glowing?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I may disagree with a bunch of y’all about Twilight Princess but here’s something we can all agree on: this game loving owns

https://twitter.com/cythrin/status/1003811804215066624?s=21

khy
Aug 15, 2005

sirbeefalot posted:

Have you tried visiting it when it's glowing?

Yeah, I saw a ton of blupees and not much else different.

As an aside, is it really ever worth shooting arrows at blupees? I'm assuming they can drop more than just green or blue rupees but I've only seen those drop, so it's almost never worth the arrow I use up shooting them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

khy posted:

You either didn't look close enough or your depth perception played a trick on you

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Not even Beedle is safe!

https://twitter.com/manicsocratic/status/1003512282867875841

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

khy posted:

As an aside, is it really ever worth shooting arrows at blupees? I'm assuming they can drop more than just green or blue rupees but I've only seen those drop, so it's almost never worth the arrow I use up shooting them.

I usually only ever shoot the couple that show up near the Kakariko shrine and Great Fairy, and get a purple and red rupee at the very least from the one closer to the shrine. In the grand scheme its a drop in the bucket, but hey.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

You either didn't look close enough or your depth perception played a trick on you

Both equally possible!

I'm doing Gerudo now and I have to admit I'm mildly irritated that I cannot just brute force this Yiga clan hideout. I mean I might be able to but the guards one-shot me and Mipha's won't save me, nor will my fairies, so I'm actually having to stealth it. Debating right now if I want to go back to Kakariko and pick up the stealth armor for this.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

khy posted:

Both equally possible!

I'm doing Gerudo now and I have to admit I'm mildly irritated that I cannot just brute force this Yiga clan hideout. I mean I might be able to but the guards one-shot me and Mipha's won't save me, nor will my fairies, so I'm actually having to stealth it. Debating right now if I want to go back to Kakariko and pick up the stealth armor for this.

Get the stealth armor regardless, it's one of my favorite sets in the game. Also, upgrading to two stars gives you night speed up which is great for getting around the map quickly, so it has more than one use.

And it looks cool.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I feel like I dodged a bullet with the hideout. I stealthed it perfectly on the first try, without using any bananas or killing any guards, and thus didn't really think anything of it. It makes me afraid to try the place again; reading what everyone says about it I now kinda feel like I must've just gotten super lucky on my first go-around.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

khy posted:

Both equally possible!

Hint: Throw bananas on the ground as bait.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Everyone seems to have issues with the stealth section. All i did was climb all over the walls and it was real easy. They don't seem to have any vertical vision at all even if you are on a wall right in front of them.

Also bananas.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I got through the stealth section first time but didn't find what I needed to so I started over and it took me 5 more tries to get it right. :saddowns:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Like drat near everything in this game there are many ways of getting past that.

Games have trained people to not even bother thinking laterally anymore, but BotW actually rewards your creativity!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I guardian arrow'd the guards.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't realize you could press down to toss the bananas for a bit, which made luring way easier. :downs:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

khy posted:

The amount they drop seems to go up with the amount of damage, so a bomb arrow fired from a high-powered multi-shot bow into a crowd of blupees can be pretty profitable, but I felt horribly guilty afterwards....

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

lmao if you aren't carpetbombing Satori Mountain with a Lynel Bow. That's the only way Blupees are worthwhile.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

You monster.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Reminder:

https://twitter.com/gerudoku/status/938984535374512128?s=21

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also you should only feel bad about murdering foxes

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

idgi

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Still amazing

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://twitter.com/MrOrdun/status/1002609157613051904?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hahahahahahaah

I legit bellylaughed

GOAT

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:staredog:

http://f1jsvttvz0t1r.achewood.com/index.php?date=07132004

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, that unfunny comic :nallears:

Thanks for the link, though. Now I do get it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ah yes, of course, who has not read the cultural touchstone achewood

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit ahahahhahaha

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BOTW Rocket Jumping is a gamechanger

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I have no idea what's going on in this video, when did Zelda get rocket jumping

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

khy posted:

I have no idea what's going on in this video, when did Zelda get rocket jumping

In the animated series, and Ocarina of Time has a crude version as well.

https://youtu.be/ksufV6IKTtg

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think the animated one is the crude version.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Cartoon Link was decades ahead of us with his putting shield on feet technique.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay, saw the 'Lord of the Mountain' today. I think I mistook him for a blupee before. I was able to mount him, but he didn't seem exceptional in any way. I couldn't register him at the stable. Is he for some quest or something?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

khy posted:

Okay, saw the 'Lord of the Mountain' today. I think I mistook him for a blupee before. I was able to mount him, but he didn't seem exceptional in any way. I couldn't register him at the stable. Is he for some quest or something?

Nah, just a cool friendo dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

khy posted:

Nope he's just a cool thing. You can take a picture of him and get a little nod towards Satori Mountain's namesake.

The whole thing is a tribute to Satoru Iwata