Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Immortal Hulk #1 was a good start to an interesting concept. I expected Hulk to spare the robber but was surprised they made sure to let us know he didn’t kill anyone. Guess that’d make it hard for people to accept him as a hero later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lobok posted:

Every time Wolverine pops his new claws he's going to explain that they're the focused totality of his wolverinic abilities.

- concealed in hidden housings in his wrists - coated in adamantium, the strongest metal known!

Claremont had such a knack for these things. Before the recap page, there was Chris Claremont's flowery narration.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope the first storyline is wolverine melting the metal off his claws and bones because he has a fire in his belly.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
infinity countdown: it is of course the nature of comics that we cant have nice things but going back to old galactus is lame as hell

also maybe its just me but the art in that book sucked

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok posted:

Every time Wolverine pops his new claws he's going to explain that they're the focused totality of his wolverinic abilities.

"Only my ruby-quartz MMA gloves can contain my adamantium claws!"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The thing with Wolverine's claws reminds me of the old Millennial Visions book from around 2000, where every second pitch seemed to involve something weird changing with one or more of the characters involved. Now Wolverine's got Adamantium teeth! Jean Grey's in a wheelchair! Rogue has permanently acquired more powers!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

infinity countdown: it is of course the nature of comics that we cant have nice things but going back to old galactus is lame as hell

BOOOOO loving BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :argh:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Hot claws! Get your hot claws here!

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

I'm nigh invulnerable when mah claws are hot!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do heated claws make a different snik sound?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do heated claws make a different snik sound?

SNIZZZLKT

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay so yeah immortal hulk was unexpectedly dark as hell and awesome

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

lol
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1004461193094991872

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The jokes! They write themselves!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I love teams which are basically only a thing because they would make a good pun.
Give Groot a hammer!

By the way, It's nice that in the new Dazzler series, she kept her alternate version's hammer and named her band after it.
But I do sorta wonder how she managed to put it into a van.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cant cook creole bream posted:

I love teams which are basically only a thing because they would make a good pun.
Give Groot a hammer!

By the way, It's nice that in the new Dazzler series, she kept her alternate version's hammer and named her band after it.
But I do sorta wonder how she managed to put it into a van.

If it really does bring back Angela and Sera you know what gently caress it I'm in

I'm reading dazzler right now and am deeply appreciating the pages dedicated to referencing a-force

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Hot claws! Get your hot claws here!

Sittin' here drinkin' my face off waitin'
Waitin' for Xavier to call
Thinkin' 'bout all the new bad guys lately
Wanna try kebab-in' 'em all

Gonna pop some hot claws, eh bub, this evenin'
I got some hot claws, eh bub, tonight
You want these hot claws, eh bub, this evenin'
Gonna pop my hot claws
Gonna spill some blood tonight (hot claws)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

site posted:

I liked the Kuder half more than the Hawthorne half, but I can see how Kuder wouldn't be to everyone's liking.

And yeah, the spoiler event was disappointing. I do like that Sax Drax is sticking around though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is fuckin' ENTIRELY because of Infinity War.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

thor becoming friends with rocket and goot was super good in that movie and if they want to run with it in the comics too, I'm all for it

also that name's so obvious/good that it's hard to believe they've never done this before

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I picked up Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk. I liked it.

Anyone know other good books with this character?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

i cant believe theyre giving wolverine the red hulk powers, which also never made any sense

howe_sam posted:

Maaaan, the end of today's Infinity Countdown bummed me right out.

same

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Haha, that new Spider-man comic (the one that follows a teenage Peter) just flat out has him being roommates with Ganke.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I saw this yesterday but stopped paying attention at new powers. My immediate thought was "what? are his claws on fire now?" and I can't believe I wasn't even that off. :stare:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Argue posted:

Haha, that new Spider-man comic (the one that follows a teenage Peter) just flat out has him being roommates with Ganke.

Man I didn't like it at all. Being a teen Peter story seems like a good idea and I think they got the characters okay, but there was something that just really seemed off about the whole thing, not the least of which was the writer not actually knowing what Shocker's powers are. Nauck's art was about what I expect for Nauck, but he doesn't really feel like a 2010s artist, which is a bummer. I guess at least it is free to read on Comixology Unlimited.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I really love Scotty Young's "I Hate Fairyland", but his Deadpool just didn't really seem to work for me. It seemed like it spent a lot of time on the dialog, the back of the issue was the first part of the story, and I honestly can't even remember the ending now other than that also didn't wow me (and I read it last night). I'm hoping that he can improve, because he can pull off comedy well in IHF, but it seems like he hasn't found Deadpool's humor.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

If wolverine opens up a cold bottle using hot claws, does that mean it'll balance out as tepid beer? He'll wish he stayed dead.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

okay so yeah immortal hulk was unexpectedly dark as hell and awesome

Yeah, I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but I figured I'd give it a shot, and it seems like it's going to be really, really good. It's certainly a different take on Hulk, both in how he actually acts, and in his relationship with Banner.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It felt like i was reading a punisher issue, tbh i had to go back and look at the cover after the opening scene cuz i couldn't believe they didn't have a parental advisory label on it

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Maybe hot claws is because Logan has the Phoenix in him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Wil_Moss/status/1004785763635154946?s=19

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Cullen Bunn on that book is disappointing, he's not bad but I can never get excited about anything he writes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

More Angela, yay!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nothing gets me less excited than the announcement of a Bunn book :toot:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scourge?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

poo poo!

I'm reading this.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Well, if you're going to create a team book solely for the sake of a pun, I suppose you could do a lot worse.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Who's the guy with the hammer/axe/wedge thing?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I recognize everybody except for one person. Who is Not-As-Strong Guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

quote:

Kevin Masterson, the boy who took his father’s mace to become the hero THUNDERSTRIKE

• Locked thread