Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tri-Force Heroes is amazing with friends. Not so much with randoms. I’d always be down to go through it again if any of you need someone.:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1004377442977505280?s=21
Box art revealed. Thanks for pulling me away from my Switch yet again, Nintendo.:argh:

SO loving HYPE

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who's that next to ashley

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Help Im Alive posted:

Who's that next to ashley

New character. There’s gonna be new micro games in this mixed in with others.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's gonna be like Rythem Heaven Megamix! which was super cool tho not as cool at the original games!! but I'm still hype!!!

I'm getting the sense that both of these franchises aren't gonna make the jump to switch (Nintendo reorganized a few years ago and the team that made these is no more) so these compilations are their way of saying goodbye. I could be wrong tho.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

New character. There’s gonna be new micro games in this mixed in with others.

well, I like his mustache

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wario's my good friend and I missed him dearly.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I still want more than Wario Land 1-4 and Shake It, shits due for a Returns revival more than most franchises.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A reminder there was no greater form of advertisement than the Wario Land Shake It YouTube channel.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaseSP posted:

A reminder there was no greater form of advertisement than the Wario Land Shake It YouTube channel.

Kickfarter for Game and Wario was pretty good.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pre-E3 schedule update, not that I expect many or any new 3DS announcements.

Sushi Strikers is out this week, it's the Nintendo-published puzzle game by indieszero (Theatrhythm, NES Remix, Retro Game Challenge). It's also coming for Switch but 3DS was the lead platform and it seems like it plays a little better on the 3DS' touch screen.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
Detective Pikachu - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
The Alliance Alive - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
Sushi Strikers: Way of the Sushido - June 8 (NA) / June 8 (PAL)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - July 13 (NA) / July 13 (PAL)
WarioWare Gold - July 27 (PAL) / August 3 (NA)
Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of the Dusk - "fall 2018" (NA) / "fall 2018" (PAL)
Luigi's Mansion - "2018" (NA) / "2018" (PAL)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Store + Bowser Jr.'s Story - "2019" (NA) / "2019" (PAL)
Snack World - "TBA" (NA) / "TBA" (PAL)
Yokai Watch 3 - "TBA" (NA) / "TBA" (PAL)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

3D GAY WORLD posted:

Seconding this, I'm surprised other people aren't recommending SMT IV, Apocalypse and Strange Journey Redux.

I love them all dearly but fair warning, I have played (and still am playing) all three of these games over the last 3 months and my brain is broken and I can't play anything else, send help please

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA announced this last week - Hylian Shield 2DS XL with Link Between Worlds pre-installed, $160, out July 2: https://www.nintendo.com/2ds/buynow/#new-nintendo-2ds-xl-hylian-shield-edition

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Playing LBW in 2D is wrong.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Seconded. I didn't use it much because I have a normal 3DS and it sucks to use the 3D on it, but that game is beautiful in 3D so it kinda sucks to package it with a system that can't make use of it.

Although it is a nice design.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I actually just finished replaying LBW on a 2DS XL (I originally played it in 3D), and the game relies on 3D much more than I originally realized. There are a few points where the lack of depth perception makes it harder than it should be (especially: flying enemies on multiple height levels that are very hard to figure out by their shadows and sizes alone). And of course, the whole thing just doesn't look as good.

Still, this doesn't ruin the great game, and that 2DS design looks pretty sick.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I know it's not but God it would be incredible if it were embossed

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Calaveron posted:

I know it's not but God it would be incredible if it were embossed

I think it might be. The Pikachu face and Pokeball designs both have some 3D patterns (Pokeball even has a pressable button that does nothing), and this one is priced the same, $10 more than the normal version.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Cot drat this is probably the first design that's made me consider getting a second, unnecessary *ds. I want :(

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Tri-Force Heroes is amazing with friends. Not so much with randoms. I’d always be down to go through it again if any of you need someone.:v:

I may take you up on this offer. I don't have any irl friends with the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Cot drat this is probably the first design that's made me consider getting a second, unnecessary *ds. I want :(

Look at this scrub only musing over owning two 3DS models.

Some of us are up to four :smuggo: (3DS->XL->nXL for actual upgrades... and a 2DS because it was the transparent Pikachu one with Pokemon Yellow and :shepspends:. It's also my travel-with-me one.)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I passed my OG onto my nephew and niece, but I have bought 4 different 3DS models (one each of OG/XL/New/New XL).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I need to buy a circle pad cover for my New 3DS XL. It's gotten to the point where it's just permanently kinda sticky because of all the oils mixing in from my thumb. And I'm pretty OCD when it comes to washing my hands before using electronic gadgets.

I even called Nintendo to see how much it would cost to replace it... $80! Yikes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I uh forgot this thread existed. So my og 3ds is finally dieing, what do you think the best 3ds to replace it is? I need it to travel with so I can't get a 2ds sorry (unless they can fold up now???)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mandatory lesbian posted:

I uh forgot this thread existed. So my og 3ds is finally dieing, what do you think the best 3ds to replace it is? I need it to travel with so I can't get a 2ds sorry (unless they can fold up now???)

The new2DS is a 2DS that does indeed fold up. And, as the name implies, has the hardware specs of the new3DS's sans-3D.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

What's dying? If it's the battery, that can easily and cheaply be replaced.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah probably a New 2DS, unless you need 3D for something. It's identical otherwise.

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's dying? If it's the battery, that can easily and cheaply be replaced.
The R button isn't working. Although that can be fixed using a can of compressed air, can't it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they gave the new 2DS a lesser battery so it would have the same uptime as the 3DS which is lame.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The new2DS is a 2DS that does indeed fold up. And, as the name implies, has the hardware specs of the new3DS's sans-3D.

Oh sweet lol, that's like exactly what I need

irlZaphod posted:

The R button isn't working. Although that can be fixed using a can of compressed air, can't it?

I...did not think to do this, I'll try it and see. The button just won't work when clicking down, it's not sticky or has anything physically wrong with it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can also just blow into it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I actually beat most of the game with randoms and had some fun. It's actually piss-easy when you mic up, so sometimes doing runs with noobs on levels I'd already done was fun

It gets old pretty quick, but they were definitely encouraging vets to return to levels to help new players, with the materials and clothing systems

Of course, you're going to get into a match once in a while where one player doesn't get it, or someone wants to gently caress around, but the levels are short and this never really shook me

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I think they gave the new 2DS a lesser battery so it would have the same uptime as the 3DS which is lame.

I looked into it. Turns out it's the same as the New 3DS battery.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/72300/~/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-battery-type
At least according to that guy who claims to have taken his New 2DS apart

It makes sense, Nintendo wouldn't wanna bother with buying mass quantities of a bunch of different battery types if they can get most of their hardware to use one specific one. This is the same battery also used in the Wii U and Switch pro controllers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Detective No. 27 posted:

I looked into it. Turns out it's the same as the New 3DS battery.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/72300/~/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-battery-type
At least according to that guy who claims to have taken his New 2DS apart

It makes sense, Nintendo wouldn't wanna bother with buying mass quantities of a bunch of different battery types if they can get most of their hardware to use one specific one. This is the same battery also used in the Wii U and Switch pro controllers.

There's a nintendo support article that says the new 2DS XL has a battery life similar to the new 3DS but it says the new 3DS XL has a longer battery life. Considering the 2DS doesn't have to render as many pixels as the 3DS, I'd assume they have a bigger battery in the n3DSXL than in the n3DS/n2DSXL. And that link you posted seems to support that.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/385/p/430

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SeANMcBAY posted:

Some of us can't see 3d effects!! :argh:

Game was still fine and good, easy, but good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

There's a nintendo support article that says the new 2DS XL has a battery life similar to the new 3DS but it says the new 3DS XL has a longer battery life. Considering the 2DS doesn't have to render as many pixels as the 3DS, I'd assume they have a bigger battery in the n3DSXL than in the n3DS/n2DSXL. And that link you posted seems to support that.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/385/p/430

Oh, I misread the dude's post. He says it's the same battery as the OG 3DS and 2DS. Man, Nintendo's terrible at naming stuff most of the time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh, I misread the dude's post. He says it's the same battery as the OG 3DS and 2DS. Man, Nintendo's terrible at naming stuff most of the time.

For the longest time I thought the 3DS was just a DS with 3D effects for certain games. I know there were people that thought the WiiU was a tablet peripheral for the Wii. How do they come up with that poo poo?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ugly In The Morning posted:

For the longest time I thought the 3DS was just a DS with 3D effects for certain games. I know there were people that thought the WiiU was a tablet peripheral for the Wii. How do they come up with that poo poo?

Buddy of mine worked electronics at Walmart when the 3DS launched. He would DAILY have to educate people on the difference, and about a third of the time people would buy a 3DS game anyway and angrily try to return it hours later.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

For the longest time I thought the 3DS was just a DS with 3D effects for certain games. ... How do they come up with that poo poo?
I can see the 2DS and especially the New 3DS being confusing, but back when the OG 3DS was released was there really that much confusion that it was a new handheld?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I can see the 2DS and especially the New 3DS being confusing, but back when the OG 3DS was released was there really that much confusion that it was a new handheld?

In 2013 I bought a used DS for Pokémon heartgold and was disappointed to learn OoT wouldn’t work on it after the fact. I wasn’t super up to date on Nintendo stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

You can also just blow into it

that did not work :/