Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Imagine garbage-tier political comedy, every joke is just a reference to a thing that stopped being funny years ago, and 30 seconds of audience screams as parade of washed up actors come out one by one to do terrible impressions, but it's Kevin Sorbo instead

imagine this every saturday night, from omaha:

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1004788749748891654

Ague Proof posted:

They couldn't help mocking the mentally ill with the last one.

self deprecation is always in style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Conservative humor:
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1004349272102457345

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Oh man at one point the cartoon shorts from that were on YouTube and it was incredible.

You were supposed to side with the main character, Guy White (natch), who was constantly butthurt over oppression from his liberal boss and co-workers, but like every episode just inadvertently showed how petty and childish he was over insignificant things. He responded to his coworkers offering to pick him up at his house so they could carpool for Earth Day by burning tires in his backyard to make up for it. (You were supposed to agree with the guy polluting his own air in order to spite people who were nice to him).

Like if you didn't know the ideology of the people who made it and that they intended you to sympathize and identify with the protagonist, you would assume it was satire lambasting conservatives as pathetic ineffectual passive-aggressive manchildren obsessed with self-invented slights to their honor from a hostile universe.

I just looked for it and you're right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TvW4mX1z_8

It's just insane stdh in each episode and the biggest laugh is always when the guy with the ponytail shows up. You can tell there's no editorial process at all and every single idea they have gets greenlit. Even when I was 14 and writing top ten lists with my buddy, we had enough sense to come up with at least 20 so we didn't have too many duds.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Minenfeld! posted:

I don't get it. His hand is over his heart? What's the issue?
I'm guessing it's that Noted Black Man Barack Hussein Obama is not kneeling for the pledge of allegiance and/or the anthem, therefore ipso facto it makes perfect sense to require all black people to do the same.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

90% of SNL is already crap, imagine how bad "SNL, but by people who can't take a joke" would be

https://twitter.com/Al_Boondy/status/1004807214027231238

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Tacier posted:

I guess I was naive. I knew it was bad, but I'm genuinely shocked. How do you erode trust in a news organization that doesn't even seem to be attempting to look like anything but blatant propaganda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Remember how uppity it was to request dijon mustard on a hamburger?

A TAN suit you say? MY GOD! I didn't realize Obama was such an insufferable giant rear end in a top hat. I heard he was born in Kenya though so...checks out I guess.

Serious question, what's so hosed about a tan suit? Is there some law I'm not aware of? Are we reduced to "White after Labor Day" levels of having the vapors here? Honestly, who gives a poo poo about this? They make it sound like he had his pants down around his waste and puffed his boxers. God forbid he didn't crease the brim of his baseball hat (which I assume was tan also?)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

90% of SNL is already crap, imagine how bad "SNL, but by people who can't take a joke" would be

Nah, SNL is still plenty good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

smdh everyone forgetting when he saluted holding a starbucks latte.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

A TAN suit you say? MY GOD! I didn't realize Obama was such an insufferable giant rear end in a top hat. I heard he was born in Kenya though so...checks out I guess.

Serious question, what's so hosed about a tan suit? Is there some law I'm not aware of? Are we reduced to "White after Labor Day" levels of having the vapors here? Honestly, who gives a poo poo about this? They make it sound like he had his pants down around his waste and puffed his boxers. God forbid he didn't crease the brim of his baseball hat (which I assume was tan also?)

Whatever Obama does it's wrong somehow.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Serious question, what's so hosed about a tan suit?

He was disrespecting the office by being black wearing a nontraditional color of suit one time.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

BiggerBoat posted:

the real problem wasn't the color of the suit, it was the color of the man wearing it

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Imagine the horror of media and Hollywood elitists if anyone ever made fun of Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, etc

what loving planet are these people on

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Now that I think about it some of it is because Obama rocked that tan suit so hard and they were jealous. Dude looked good in that suit and the average fox news viewer will never be even half that stylish.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

He's being black while I guess they're reciting the pledge of allegiance? That's a major offense, not unlike being black in general.

The original out of context photo appeared to show Obama not knowing not knowing which hand to pledge allegiance with. Super Patriot, Donald Trump, on the other hand, not knowing the words to God Bless America is the media picking on him.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear a double standard existed and that there was some sort of...I dunno...difference between the two that I can't quite put my finger on but I guess I'll leave that up to the unbiased fair and balanced experts at FOX to sort out.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Chris cuomo is terrible. He has Santorum on right now and doesn’t challenge him on anything.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Chris cuomo is terrible. He has Santorum on right now and doesn’t challenge him on anything.

Ew, that'll leave a stain.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I have never owned a gun until yesterday, when I went out and bought two. It was hilariously easy. The background check it basically instant, now, so I didn’t have to wait more than a few minutes. Now, I have a Glock 17 pistol, and a Taurus .357 Magnum revolver. I guess gun control doesn’t work, unless... unless we don’t have anything that could reasonably be called gun control.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
To be fair if the Cheeto is state enough that might work

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

greazeball posted:

I just looked for it and you're right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TvW4mX1z_8

It's just insane stdh in each episode and the biggest laugh is always when the guy with the ponytail shows up. You can tell there's no editorial process at all and every single idea they have gets greenlit. Even when I was 14 and writing top ten lists with my buddy, we had enough sense to come up with at least 20 so we didn't have too many duds.

This is anti-humor, right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/08/fox-news-star-charles-krauthammer-reveals-has-weeks-to-live-in-heartbreaking-letter.html

get ready for the takes that Krauthammer was a noble and kind man and not a lunatic who literally named the Reagan Doctrine and who literally wrote "Bin Laden did this and we HAVE to go to war in Afghanistan NOW" on loving 9/12

e: oh and the time he claimed Obama returned a bust of Churchill out of (anti-white) spite, had the pres sec go 'that's bullshit also the bust is there still' but because the sec was talking about a different bust of Churchill (why do we have two) CHARLES demanded an apology and never corrected his original report with the fact that the 'returned' bust was on loan and always meant to go back. He got the apology because of :decorum: and proceeded to gloat about it and slam Obama for apologizing to 'rogue states' because he's a ghoul.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 8, 2018

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1005123558308220929

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sexpig by night posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/08/fox-news-star-charles-krauthammer-reveals-has-weeks-to-live-in-heartbreaking-letter.html

get ready for the takes that Krauthammer was a noble and kind man and not a lunatic who literally named the Reagan Doctrine and who literally wrote "Bin Laden did this and we HAVE to go to war in Afghanistan NOW" on loving 9/12

e: oh and the time he claimed Obama returned a bust of Churchill out of (anti-white) spite, had the pres sec go 'that's bullshit also the bust is there still' but because the sec was talking about a different bust of Churchill (why do we have two) CHARLES demanded an apology and never corrected his original report with the fact that the 'returned' bust was on loan and always meant to go back. He got the apology because of :decorum: and proceeded to gloat about it and slam Obama for apologizing to 'rogue states' because he's a ghoul.

ok im glad I ventured into D&D to check up on this because I could not for the life of me think of a single specific thing that made Krauthammer reprehensible beyond the normal neocon frothing warmonger

which is also an amazing indictment, dude filled his role in such a banal way as to fade into the milquetoast roaring background noise of our ghoulish foreign policy scene lmao. Couldn't even CHUD good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gunshow Poophole posted:

ok im glad I ventured into D&D to check up on this because I could not for the life of me think of a single specific thing that made Krauthammer reprehensible beyond the normal neocon frothing warmonger

which is also an amazing indictment, dude filled his role in such a banal way as to fade into the milquetoast roaring background noise of our ghoulish foreign policy scene lmao. Couldn't even CHUD good.

he's one of the Frum style Never Trump types who love the idea of forever war and massive oppression but are just so darn peeved that Trump is RUDE about. He was, in the media, one of the core pillars of drumming up war support post 9/11, like I said he literally was writing "WE GOTTA GET BIN LADEN" poo poo the day after.

He also just is in general one of those Reaganites who's really loving stupid but he speaks in a slow, medicated, tone that makes people think he's profound. Like, he was all around in 2012 saying Romney would narrowly win and then when Obama won he just casually went to 'well but Obama doesn't have a mandate so I wasn't wrong' and he's the dude who said if we say settlements can't just constantly encroach onto Palestine then we're going to jail Israelis for building additions to their house I guess.

Also he hilariously is a hardcore bible beater who tried to tell Bush to be more open to stem cells but also embryos and clones are evil and PROBABLY is what got the 'human animal hybrid' thing started. When Obama eased things but still kept things hamstrung because compromise he invited Charles to the bill signing but he refused to go because what IF this opens the door to CLONES????

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I have never owned a gun until yesterday, when I went out and bought two. It was hilariously easy. The background check it basically instant, now, so I didn’t have to wait more than a few minutes. Now, I have a Glock 17 pistol, and a Taurus .357 Magnum revolver. I guess gun control doesn’t work, unless... unless we don’t have anything that could reasonably be called gun control.

Not trying to start any gun related bullshit but....um...why did you do that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BiggerBoat posted:

Not trying to start any gun related bullshit but....um...why did you do that?

funding the gun industry to own the...conservs...

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sexpig by night posted:

funding the gun industry to own the...conservs...
If you aren't buying unserialized firearms from an old man in a Walmart parking lot you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Cash only, natch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1005146821377785856

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

What did it say? A good argument for screenshotting or quoting tweets?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dammit it was getfiscal dunking on krauthammer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No one gives a poo poo about Krauthammer outside the RWM bubble. Fox News will do a weeks/months long eulogy while he dies and CNN will mention it for like a day when it actually happens. But most of the world will go without noticing it. And that gives me peace on an otherwise bad day.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

STAC Goat posted:

No one gives a poo poo about Krauthammer outside the RWM bubble. Fox News will do a weeks/months long eulogy while he dies and CNN will mention it for like a day when it actually happens. But most of the world will go without noticing it. And that gives me peace on an otherwise bad day.

Actually he’s gonna get a monument on the mall

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Maybe he'll get a presidential pardon.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1005131197108768768?s=21
https://twitter.com/fart/status/1005134187244896256?s=21

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Fox News posted:

Charles Krauthammer, the beloved and brilliant Fox News Channel personality who gave up a pioneering career in psychiatry to become a Pulitzer Prize-winning political analyst, on Friday revealed the heartbreaking news that he is in the final stages of a losing battle with cancer.

Does FoxNews think it makes him look good to open the article by saying he gave up a career helping people to instead spew political garbage on TV?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Does FoxNews think it makes him look good to open the article by saying he gave up a career helping people to instead spew political garbage on TV?

to be fair he was probably a poo poo shrink too so either way he was loving poo poo up

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A depressing number of them believe that mental illness doesn't really exist or it does but therapy and psychiatry are useless because you should just will the crazy away.

They seriously believe that the mentally ill choose to be that way one way or another. That or they believe that you can fix crazy by just going to church s lot and having enough faith in Jesus. It's why they keep saying the answer to school shootings is prayer in school. If we force everybody to be Christian then nobody will shoot each other ever again.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jesus Christ.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Jesus Christ.

I really can't fault him for saying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BiggerBoat posted:

Jesus Christ.

Nah, gently caress Krauthammer and all his ghoulish loving friends.