Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Lobster posted:

You know you can leave the robot and come back with more stuff at any time once it's been opened up, right? Same with all the other Divine Beasts. Edit: If you were saying they broke boarding the robot elephant all I can say is git gud.

I rolled in bow-light and basically used them up getting in, yea. Once I realized I could use stasis on the ice blocks that waterblight ganon was chucking at me that boss fight got a lot easier. It's my first Zelda and I'm still real into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Travv0 posted:

Can't you not return after you beat them? Why'd they do that? I remember being really paranoid that I would miss something when I played it

Ah, yes, I should have clarified: you can return until the boss has been defeated. After that it's a no go. I missed a treasure chest in the camel because I did a dumb and shot the treasure chest without thinking of how I would retrieve it. It was the Ancient Core one too.

Edit: To clarify these aren't huge spoilers but you seem like you are a new player so I'm erring on the side of caution.
Edit 2: And I imagine they made it so you can't go back because the robot is emitting a huge gently caress off laser beam, natch.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 9, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can miss things in the divine beasts but nothing is really important and that can’t be found elsewhere.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope we get more Travis Strikes Again information at E3

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

The Lobster posted:

Edit 2: And I imagine they made it so you can't go back because the robot is emitting a huge gently caress off laser beam, natch.

Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense actually. I forgot about that

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

You can actually enter the divine beasts again by a simple glitch, but the remainder of the game has Link losing hair and his skin peeling off from the radiation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I hope we get more Travis Strikes Again information at E3

I hope they say its cancelled and replaced with nmh3

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
how common is fan noise on the docked switch

this thing sounds like a cicada when it gets going

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i can only hear mine if i'm within a few feet of it and the room is otherwise dead silent, i owned it for quite a few months before i found out that it even has a fan

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So I've been playing a lot of Yoku's Island Express and it's great. I'm not a huge fan of platformers, though I'll enjoy them if their super high quality like a Mario, Donkey Kong, or Rayman, and I'm definitely not into pinball, but I'm enjoying the hell out of Yoku's. It's perfect except for one thing. It's way wayyyyy too tiny in handheld mode. Eye strainingly small. Like, I'd take one of those ridiculous magnifying glass attachments they used to make for Gameboys if they had one for Switch just so I could play this handheld.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In mario tennis I cannot wait to play as Boo and Shy Guy :3:

I really hope Fly Guy or Para Troopa are hidden characters

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Flubby posted:

So I've been playing a lot of Yoku's Island Express and it's great. I'm not a huge fan of platformers, though I'll enjoy them if their super high quality like a Mario, Donkey Kong, or Rayman, and I'm definitely not into pinball, but I'm enjoying the hell out of Yoku's. It's perfect except for one thing. It's way wayyyyy too tiny in handheld mode. Eye strainingly small. Like, I'd take one of those ridiculous magnifying glass attachments they used to make for Gameboys if they had one for Switch just so I could play this handheld.

I just beat Yoku’s tonight. What a great game!!! I played the whole thing handheld. Yes it’s tiny. (The map mostly.) but I managed.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

lelandjs posted:

The fact that people got up in arms about that amuses the poo poo out of me. Like, I’m sure some effort and money went into buying the stuff to rip the carts and the software to process and package the rom data but still.

People have made injection tools for the various emulators that Nintendo made for the 3DS and they all run way better than any of the third party efforts on the console do. Sure, injected GBA games don’t have save states, but the GB/GBC emulator is amazing. I’ve thrown romhacks, a patched color version of Mario Land 2, a English translation-patched , Super Gameboy palette-locked version of Picross 2, and even traditionally difficult to emulate games like Metal Gear Solid at it and it’s emulated every single one of them perfectly. Heck, I even accidentally injected a .gba file that was a Game Boy game patched into the GBA Gooma emulator and the 3DS’ GBA emulator played that perfectly too. Nintendo writes some fantastic loving emulation software.

the GBA stuff on the 3ds is running natively lol

e; well kind of, nintenod accomplished it with a weird trick
the 3ds basically goes into DS mode then downclocks itself to GBA speeds

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ratjaculation posted:

You can actually enter the divine beasts again by a simple glitch, but the remainder of the game has Link losing hair and his skin peeling off from the radiation

Later in Hyrule Castle the owl from Link's Awakening shows up and joins you, and is immune to radiation, but Link still has to be the one to touch the radioactive Triforce because "it's his destiny" or some nonsense like that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I keep trying to go back to the revelations games and the look inversion oversight is just completely game ruining. Like, it's the tiniest little drat thing that would take them two seconds to patch but instead they just decide to gently caress the game up forever for anyone who uses inverted Y axis with one of the most dipshit design I've ever seen and they never will fix it because capcom sucks dog dicks.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Does Banner Saga 2 have the same issues as 1 where you have to cripple enemies first to kill them or did they improve that?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I just got a switch, and I've noticed (while playing Xenoblade 2, if that makes a difference) that it sounds like a prop plane, should I be worried? It is the switch, not the in game audio that sounds that way.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Does Banner Saga 2 have the same issues as 1 where you have to cripple enemies first to kill them or did they improve that?

I finally beat Banner Saga 1 last night on Steam after YEARS of getting bored and dropping it. As much as I love the game, story, style, and world, the strategy is just kind of bad and boring. It's a shame too because it's really well-crafted.

I almost want to get Banner Saga 2 and 3 because it's a cool series, but I'd never finish it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This game is on the best kind of drugs

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How has no one told me about this game? You’re all fired

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rdTkxyfPs

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

TheScott2K posted:

Guys I got the fish people their robot elephant back and boy was that a pain in the rear end with my bows getting broke by the time I was inside.
I see you also did not come to the realization that I myself did not come to until long after I actually did that bit: You can break the ice blocks and ice spike balls with Cryonis.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RME posted:

the GBA stuff on the 3ds is running natively lol

e; well kind of, nintenod accomplished it with a weird trick
the 3ds basically goes into DS mode then downclocks itself to GBA speeds

:psyduck:

I thought the reason that the DS could play GBA games from a cart was because the phat/lite DS had the GBA’s processor stuck on the motherboard somewhere. And then the reason why you can’t sleep GBA games/use save states/go out to the menu on the 3DS was because it used pretty much all the ram/cpu 3DS had to emulate the GBA.

Well, I stand by my statement that the 3DS’ Game Boy emulator kicks all kinds of rear end, at least.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Will Capcom ever optimize? How big is resident evil vs Zelda? Megaman?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Cmon Namco for e3 gimme a Tales Of ___ game for me Switch. It can just be a rerelease even, i’m beggin ya

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

Play the demo. Theyre extremely long if you dont use the critical system and theyre regularish length if you do but such a mechanic is a worrying portend for the full game.

I think the bravely default team is doing Octopath right? In that game battles could either be like a ten minute long slog or literally something you could program autobattle to do on turn 1 immediately depending on how much you abused the mechanics. They’re typically very mechanics heavy games

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
So I finished the main story in SMO last night and I think I'm kind of done with it. Is something wrong with me?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Sock The Great posted:

So I finished the main story in SMO last night and I think I'm kind of done with it. Is something wrong with me?

At least go and break those moon block things and do the grey pipe levels. Some of the best platforming are in those.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sock The Great posted:

Is something wrong with me?

Possibly? Most Mario games get even better after you beat them. If you're done, you're done, but as mentioned above, I'd at least check out some of the new content.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Cmon Namco for e3 gimme a Tales Of ___ game for me Switch. It can just be a rerelease even, i’m beggin ya

Tales of Ridge Racer 8, yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sock The Great posted:

Kind of in the same boat. I ran around the new area for about five minutes and then I was just..yeah I dunno. The game really didn't do much for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Afro posted:

At least go and break those moon block things and do the grey pipe levels. Some of the best platforming are in those.

If you thought the game was too easy, prepare to have that concern firmly rectified once you go for the Moons unlocked by breaking the block in each level.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Good news! they just made a tales of vesperia 10 year anniversary website and I'd be shocked if the remaster wasn't on the switch

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Zelder posted:

Good news! they just made a tales of vesperia 10 year anniversary website and I'd be shocked if the remaster wasn't on the switch

Glad I didn't say the same thing before reading the last 10 posts, but yes, platforms for Vespiria aren't confirmed yet, but Bamco already has some kind of agreement where they are committed to the switch.

I would love a new tales game announcement though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tales of Hyrule. :pray:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tales of Hyrule. :pray:

A Zelda side story with a ragtag group of fish people, rockmen and desert ladies going on an adventure???

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Enough with these hyrules

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
"There's nothing in the hyrules that says the hero of legend can't be a dog." - Midna

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, for one, would play a Tales on the Nintendo Switch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I, for one, would play a Tales on the Nintendo Switch

:same:

not interested in Vesperia again though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Your Computer posted:

I keep repeating this but

please be good please be good please be good please be good :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yes, the actual strategy remains unintuitively sloglike.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think the bravely default team is doing Octopath right? In that game battles could either be like a ten minute long slog or literally something you could program autobattle to do on turn 1 immediately depending on how much you abused the mechanics. They’re typically very mechanics heavy games

You have to build extra turns/open enemy weaknesses in this so my worry is less there wont be a way to blow through enemies even in late game and more what if your party isnt set up properly to open the enemy weaknesses because there will be like 16 things they could be weak to.

• Locked thread