Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

um what the gently caress did they do?

What do you think when you have a bunch of God Botherers who do psychology courses? The answer is always the word of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hello, seeking collaborators for a project re: weaponizing brumbies for a nsw based crime spree

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Not Auspol but someone tell me what Jordan Peterson said about Bugs Bunny my Twitter is so confusing right now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i am not unfaithful to miss piggy if i am attracted to bugs bunny when he puts on a dress and lipstick

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

i am not unfaithful to miss piggy if i am attracted to bugs bunny when he puts on a dress and lipstick

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 9, 2018

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Wrong thread

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
if anybody has questions about ecology and propagation in dry sclerophyll (eucalyptus) forests, i will be here to answer them for the next five minutes

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
ok you missed your chance, i'm outta here

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Could a plant breed with a very simple animal to make new hybrid species

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

this broken hill posted:

if anybody has questions about ecology and propagation in dry sclerophyll (eucalyptus) forests, i will be here to answer them for the next five minutes

how do I prepare eucalyptus leaves to get as hosed up as koalas?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

gucci bane posted:

Absolutely.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

gucci bane posted:

Dutton's secret propaganda unit.
https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2018/06/09/duttons-secret-propaganda-unit/15284664006349

A Good Username fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 9, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/PPantsdown/status/1005350463238111232

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Reminder: Barnaby nutted

Then got paid to talk about nutting.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:drat:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When will we have elections for god?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

JBP posted:

My vote's going to David Bowie, I think he's proven himself very capable for the role and we could use some change.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to vote for Jesus

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/ALeighMP/status/1005418229387407362

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wearing one red helmet a day reduces heart disease.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“This is the point about all of these property values in Australia: they’re real,” Morrison told Business Insider in an extended interview this week. “They’re a function of supply and demand. They’re not the function of some sort of investor bubble, or some finance bubble, as we’ve seen in other parts of the world.

“That’s why often when people look in at the Australian economy, they misunderstand it because they apply their housing market and housing finance markets to the Australian situation and it pumps out a very different answer.”

He said he never believed there was a bubble in Australian property. “Prices have always been fundamentally driven by the supply-demand imbalance and that’s why the fundamental answer to housing affordability whether it’s in Sydney or Melbourne or Darwin, or Alice Springs, is about supply,” Morrison said.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

this broken hill posted:

Do the tops of the eucalyptus trees contain oil (s) that helps them explode during a bushire and spread the fire

And do they try to out-compete other plants by burning so hot they incinerate other nearby seeds/seedlings while leaving their own intact

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

JBP posted:

I'm going to vote for Jesus

It might sound cliche, but like many Australians I just feel like it's time for a change.

That's why I'll be voting Dawn French for God.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/1005399109862166533

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
There's one of those Clive Palmer billboards getting erected at Sydney airport alongside all the Chinese billbords this afternoon and David bowie hosed drugged up teenagers so yeah he is a piece of garbage like God.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Everyone that ever had sex is bad.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I'm bad to the bone 😎

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I really want to know what made Latham snap. Like he seemed like an aggressive prat when he was Labor leader, but I wonder what was the straw that finally broke that camel's back

JBP posted:

Everyone that ever had sex is bad.

Phew, dodged that bullet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
i'm gay

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

You Am I posted:

I really want to know what made Latham snap. Like he seemed like an aggressive prat when he was Labor leader, but I wonder what was the straw that finally broke that camel's back

He is genuinely very mentally ill.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

So they’re paying for promotion of Islamic youth culture? Oh no! I can’t wait for the tiny amount of CVE funding that exists to get cut for more surveillance because some right wing nuts lose their mind over this story.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

I've read some of Andrew Leigh's books and I'm always surprised by how personable and sensible he comes across.

Something I've wondered lately is why the various state and federal government's aren't doing more to discourage driving in favour of other options (like cycling, taking the train, etc). There was this article just recently about how congested Perth is and how we need to encourage people to stop driving, but the state government does gently caress all when it comes to cheap and easy fixes like having a continuous separated bike path between Perth and Fremantle.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

froglet posted:

Something I've wondered lately is why the various state and federal government's aren't doing more to discourage driving in favour of other options (like cycling, taking the train, etc). There was this article just recently about how congested Perth is and how we need to encourage people to stop driving, but the state government does gently caress all when it comes to cheap and easy fixes like having a continuous separated bike path between Perth and Fremantle.

There's no fuel excise on bikes. Also you can't send 1 billion dollars per kilometre to your mates to build a tunnel for them.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

You Am I posted:

Yeah, im really curious about this too. It seems like a real heel turn to go from Whitlam's protege to where we are today.

Maybe a choice fall off a balcony somewhere in his past?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You Am I posted:

Phew, dodged that bullet.

Hes in all probability an unmedicated bipolar sufferer.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP posted:

i'm torn between leonard cohen and nina simone

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

aejix posted:

Do the tops of the eucalyptus trees contain oil (s) that helps them explode during a bushire and spread the fire

And do they try to out-compete other plants by burning so hot they incinerate other nearby seeds/seedlings while leaving their own intact
not just the tops, their leaves are oily all the way up. it's more of a water-retention measure than anything to do with fire, but it does have a side-effect of making them go off like roman candles

eucalyptus seedlings die in fire too. ideally they want the fires to come through when there aren't many seedlings/saplings, just mature trees and a big bank of seeds in the soil. even if the mature trees get burnt to the ground they can regenerate from their surviving root system in the earth, and the seeds get kickstarted by a combination of the heat, the chemical composition of the smoke, and the big wave of nutrients from all that charcoal

wattles need fire to germinate too, and the reason for this is that ants drag the wattle seeds underground into their nests to eat the aril, which is the little oily white thing that attaches the wattle seed to the inside of the seed pod. once they're underground they're protected from the fire, but also sunlight can't reach them anymore and they need that really intense heat to penetrate the soil and wake them up

thanks for reading

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Cheers. My old man loves banging on about the eucalyptus trees and how explosive they are when we go hiking in the grose valley and i always wondered how true it was.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

aejix posted:

Cheers. My old man loves banging on about the eucalyptus trees and how explosive they are when we go hiking in the grose valley and i always wondered how true it was.
they're hella explosive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
QLD.jpg

"It was a typo"