Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Has Daredevil had a team up with Cloak and Dagger. Teaming up the dark and light teens on the run with the blind lawyer seems kind of obvious.

Almost certainly. In the 80s, almost everyone teamed up with Cloak and Dagger. They were weirdly big for a while, and they've retained that popularity on a sort of cult level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I support Cloak's Jorts

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Cloak should be a never-nude.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

Almost certainly. In the 80s, almost everyone teamed up with Cloak and Dagger. They were weirdly big for a while, and they've retained that popularity on a sort of cult level.

The full title of their own ongoing for a while was something like "The Merry Mutant Misadventures of Cloak and Dagger" and it's fascinating to me in the same way as David Michelinie era Spider-Man issues having these little boxes on the covers that said "The non-mutant superhero!" The X-Men by themselves were that big and I can't imagine something similar happening today.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Synthbuttrange posted:

new looks. Looks neat on Dagger.

Idk about giving Cloak legs again though that seems weird

Wow, Dagger is a terrible shot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Has Cloak fought the Hood?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It just looks like someone doing laundry in midair

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

TwoPair posted:

It just looks like someone doing laundry in midair

Behold the fearsome power of the Darkforce Dimension.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Android Blues posted:

in my case it’s why i get bored silly every time i see the pair

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dig the new outfit for Dagger, though I don't get the moon motif.

Android Blues posted:

They were an integral part of everyone's favorite 14 issue crossover, Maximum Carnage.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like the idea of Cloak always wearing cargo shorts, as being a gateway to the Darkforce Dimension doesn't mean you can't be comfortable.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dawgstar posted:

I like the idea of Cloak always wearing cargo shorts, as being a gateway to the Darkforce Dimension doesn't mean you can't be comfortable.

He also needs some pockets to hold onto stuff. Having a dimension all to yourself is good for storage space but it's nice to be able to pat your pocket and know your wallet is there instead of it floating around somewhere in the cold, infinite abyss.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Synthbuttrange posted:

new looks. Looks neat on Dagger.
Full on Westworld 'It doesn't look like anything to me' over here. It's better than her old costume which was embarrassing but pure white suit with sort of a collar and lines on the upper arm feels super low effort.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like the suit but I don't like Dagger's white hair. I know white hair is not old-person-exclusive, especially in comics, but it doesn't fly here. I guess they're leaning hard into the black/white dichotomy but it just doesn't work here (to me of course, obviously)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TwoPair posted:

I like the suit but I don't like Dagger's white hair. I know white hair is not old-person-exclusive, especially in comics, but it doesn't fly here. I guess they're leaning hard into the black/white dichotomy but it just doesn't work here (to me of course, obviously)
I think her face has enough lining on it that it comes off as "Dagger is an older woman" rather than "Dagger has white/platinum blonde hair."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nessus posted:

I think her face has enough lining on it that it comes off as "Dagger is an older woman" rather than "Dagger has white/platinum blonde hair."

check out this withered, wrinkly old lady

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Dagger does look a lot like Silver Fox here. Not old enough to have ANY wrinkles, but maybe old enough to be meaner and more ruthless.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

They were an integral part of everyone's favorite 14 issue crossover, Maximum Carnage.

I was actually looking through my Maximum Carnage trade last night, and I hate to be negative toward Sal Buscema, but Mark Bagley totally outclasses him during that crossover.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was actually looking through my Maximum Carnage trade last night, and I hate to be negative toward Sal Buscema, but Mark Bagley totally outclasses him during that crossover.

Yeah no poo poo. It's Bagley at his best, and Sal's contempt for the story comes through in the art. All the ladies have man-jaws.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bagley is an incredible comic book artist, Spider-Man is his best character, and that was him at his prime, so that's no surprise.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why aren't the boobs out keep this sjw pandering out of my comics

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

she looks like silver sable now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Bagley is an incredible comic book artist, Spider-Man is his best character, and that was him at his prime, so that's no surprise.

I still remember being amazed at how good he was penciling two books at the same time. Spidey and New Warriors off the top of my head, but I'm sure he's done it more than once.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

Why aren't the boobs out keep this sjw pandering out of my comics
It's now an arrow pointing to her rear end crack.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Didn’t Cloak and Dagger switch powers? I don’t remember that being undone.

E: apparently it was undone after Spider Island.

Edmund Lava fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 9, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edmund Lava posted:

Didn’t Cloak and Dagger switch powers? I don’t remember that being undone.

Last time I saw them they were evil and under Mr. Negative's control, but that was in Slott's Spider-Man right after Secret Wars.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah no poo poo. It's Bagley at his best, and Sal's contempt for the story comes through in the art. All the ladies have man-jaws.

Just thought it was funny after Buscema chat in the other thread. I've had that trade since I was a kid. It held together much better than my Days of Future Present one.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

howe_sam posted:

God drat it, comics

You can elevate the medium or you can "redesign" a costume that is now essentially a giant tramp stamp phallic bullseye on a spandex girlsuit

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

How is that not without doubt a dick and balls. I have never seen any dagger that looks remotely like that

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

the dagger hole on the back makes even less sense :psyduck:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Billzasilver posted:

the dagger hole on the back makes even less sense :psyduck:

Some people just don't know where the rear end is so the artist put in a hint. /sarcasm

Yeah, this costume doesn't make any sense.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

howe_sam posted:

She just put it on backwards.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTezwlPEf8

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Looks like she has the ol' Archie Andrews waffle hair going on too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Last time I saw them they were evil and under Mr. Negative's control, but that was in Slott's Spider-Man right after Secret Wars.

Yeah, in that same arc or series, Spidey gives them something that gives them back their original powers.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Covok posted:

Some people just don't know where the rear end is so the artist put in a hint. /sarcasm

Yeah, this costume doesn't make any sense.

Hey, remember when they changed Jane Thor's costume very specifically so that there was a slit in her leather-midriff-thingy so that you could see her belly button?

Comics, folks!

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

howe_sam posted:

Okay I take back what I said. It's not as bad as it used to be but it's still really dumb.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Esplanade posted:

Looks like she has the ol' Archie Andrews waffle hair going on too.
Getting designs shaved into your undercut is actually a Real Life Modern Lady trend.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And it's never stopped being perfectly acceptable for men since 1991!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1006627130942349312

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 12, 2018

• Locked thread