Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You guys are such squares.

Drinking can be fun, hangovers are just the price you pay, I’d say that almost all of my worst hangovers were definitely worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I try to alternate a soda (sugar free, preferably) or sparkling water instead of every other beer. Keeps me from hitting a wall at festivals and such, and significantly lessens any hangovers.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
PYF Stupid Lifehacks: put the IV site in before you go out drinking

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Scientastic posted:

You guys are such squares.

Drinking can be fun, hangovers are just the price you pay, I’d say that almost all of my worst hangovers were definitely worth it.

Drinking is just borrowing happiness from tomorrow

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Snoo posted:

I have literally never been hungover in my life and idk why you wouldn't just stop drinking before the point that gets you hungover unless you're an alcoholic or a teenager tbh

please take care of yourselves

its gets progressively more fun though and a headache the next morning can be worth a ton of fun the night before

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

That is in fact a very BIG "not".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Snoo posted:

I have literally never been hungover in my life and idk why you wouldn't just stop drinking before the point that gets you hungover unless you're an alcoholic or a teenager tbh

please take care of yourselves

Lifehack: Getting drunk is fun

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

:crossarms:

She should knot be making this so complicated.

https://www.amazon.com/Heinz-Tomato-Ketchup-0-32-Ounce/dp/B0045TWRXA/

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Lifehack: Getting drunk is fun

not to sound like a dumbass but my brain has enough trouble functioning as a sober person and I don't know how being drunk can be fun

I have an alcoholic coworker and it's very sad. like he's cool but it's sad. I'm sad

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Alcoholics and people who like to get drunk are not the same thing. There is a Venn Diagram overlap, but it isn't a single circle.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Life hack: Buttchug water at the end of the night to nip a hangover in the bud. Also cleans out the colon.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Snoo posted:

not to sound like a dumbass but my brain has enough trouble functioning as a sober person and I don't know how being drunk can be fun

not to sound like a smartass, but making your brain not function is exactly how it works

drinking alcohol makes you dumber, which some people find enjoyable

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

weed lifehack for page 420

quote:

Getting stoned before brushing your teeth almost guarantees that you’ll brush them for the recommended two full minutes. You’ll be too high, messing with random stuff around your bathroom to notice that you’ve actually been following your dentists orders.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

not to sound like a smartass, but making your brain not function is exactly how it works

drinking alcohol makes you dumber, which some people find enjoyable

ime with drunk people it only made them (more?) angry and violent, or otherwise unpleasant to be around, so I just like to avoid that all together :shobon:

snoo has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Jun 10, 2018

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Snoo posted:

ime with drunk people it only made them (more?) angry and violent so I just like to avoid that all together :shobon:

Lifehack: Get new friends, yours sound bad

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've never drank with friends or anyone lol

it was my parents who were like that actually, for years

lifehack: uhhhhhhh don't grow up around that kind of poo poo and I guess you won't be a square for not punishing your liver on a weekly+ basis

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Snoo posted:

Because alcohol impairs judgement.

The Snoo posted:

ime with drunk people it only made them (more?) angry and violent, or otherwise unpleasant to be around, so I just like to avoid that all together :shobon:
If you're the kind of person who's prone to anger and violence then you may also have the sense to keep that under control normally, but when you drink you have less restraint. If you're the kind of person who really wants to sing but understands that other people might not appreciate it, when you drink you might decide singing at the top of your voice is a great idea. Alcohol doesn't fundamentally change who you are, it just takes away some of the filters.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Lifehack: realize your fascination with alcohol has been with the disassociation all along and trade your hangovers in for becoming a jimson weed zombie.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
In conclusion, alcohol is a land of contrasts.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

weed lifehack for page 420

tbf this is completely true :goshawk:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Page 420 hacks

Alternately, stuff a tube with dryer sheets, because you probably actually have poo poo like that lying around, I don't know.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Alcohol doesn't fundamentally change who you are, it just takes away some of the filters.

The best way I've heard it described is that alcohol doesn't make you anything, the impairment just makes it harder to hide who you really are. Anyone that "turns into" an rear end in a top hat when they drink is already an rear end in a top hat, they're just more low key about it when they're sober.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
Avoid getting a hangover, by doing weed instead of alcohol.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Get high before doing anything and make it amazing #lifehack

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fo3 posted:

I read this a while ago but it had no replies. Only you and me remember gauntlet it seems :corsair:

Nope, because the elf always ends up shooting the food. And the rear end in a top hat has a bunch of quarters so you can't kick him off the machine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The best way I've heard it described is that alcohol doesn't make you anything, the impairment just makes it harder to hide who you really are. Anyone that "turns into" an rear end in a top hat when they drink is already an rear end in a top hat, they're just more low key about it when they're sober.

Yep. My dad was a violent alcoholic who would have drunken rage to the point where he would attempt to murder his own wife and kid, which is why my mom took me when I was a baby and fled down to Florida here. She was terrified that I had the same predisposition to ruinous alcoholism.

Turns out all that happens when I drink is I talk a lot more. My dad was violent because he was a naturally violent rear end in a top hat who supported the Confederacy (despite being from New Jersey and living in Canada) and went out gay bashing at bars. Drinking just removed what little social inhibition prevented him from trying to hurt everyone around.

If you know someone who gets violently angry when they drink, you may want to stop associating with them if possible. That means they're already a violently angry person and the alcohol just helps them bring that to the surface.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 15:25 on Jun 10, 2018

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I knew someone who went on a drunken racist rant advocating for genocide and then later claimed they didn't feel that way really they were just drunk.

Stopped hanging with them. No regrets.

I'm the happiest, chattiest drunk. I'm a very anxious person but alcohol makes me feel not anxious, so I just get kind of emotional and love everything ever. I've never advocated for genocide after a few beers.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Turpitude II posted:

Avoid getting a hangover, by doing weed instead of alcohol.

You can't get a hangover if you never stop drinking. #liefhaxx

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Avoid the DTs by never stopping drinking. Lifehack!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RoboRodent posted:

I knew someone who went on a drunken racist rant advocating for genocide and then later claimed they didn't feel that way really they were just drunk.

I'm the happiest, chattiest drunk. I'm a very anxious person but alcohol makes me feel not anxious, so I just get kind of emotional and love everything ever. I've never advocated for genocide after a few beers.

Yeah, alcohol is almost like a truth serum. It allows you to do the stupid stuff you want to do but know better normally. It doesn't make you a different person, it makes you the real you that you usually hide. Normally that person knows that advocating genocide will get him frowned at, but enough alcohol and he doesn't care anymore!

When I would get drink I just wanted to watch music videos and sing along. Maybe go hang out at a park or around a fire.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm in the "gets terribly depressed" drinking crew so I'm jealous of you guys who can have fun.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Len posted:

I'm in the "gets terribly depressed" drinking crew so I'm jealous of you guys who can have fun.

:same::smith:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Getting drunk just makes me wake up early instead of sleeping in.
So now i get drunk every weekday night just so i wake up on time for work the next day.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

HenryEx posted:

So now i get drunk every weekday night just so i wake up on time for work the next day.

hosed up if true.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

HenryEx posted:

:same:

HenryEx posted:

Or not.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You can't get a hangover if you never stop drinking. #liefhaxx

Not true, unfortunately. I am now an old man, and I have recently started occasionally getting hangovers midway through an evening out.

Edit: when I say evening out, I mean sitting in the garden, drinking dry martinis with my wife

Edit edit: alright, warm gin on my own, sitting on the sofa in my pants

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Scientastic posted:

Not true, unfortunately. I am now an old man, and I have recently started occasionally getting hangovers midway through an evening out.

Edit: when I say evening out, I mean sitting in the garden, drinking dry martinis with my wife

Edit edit: alright, warm gin on my own, sitting on the sofa in my pants

Drink faster.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

Me too. I am a cheerful friend to all and sundry. I also seem to forget my depression when I am fairly well plowed.