Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I mean you can pretty easily leve your rear end all the way up to 70 on any crafter with like 120 leves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Also, all the crafting beast tribes can have the heavy lifting done on one you have geared out and turned in on the lower level one for the experience. Namazu require an extra step because the quests are class locked, but not by recipe. So accept on the class you want experience for from the start and progress until you need to craft. Then switch, make the item, and swap back. Not really necessary since all the items are dead simple to make, but it saves time on how many crafting steps you'll need. With 70 gear, you can pretty much do all the easier quests with a single Rapid Synthesis 2.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
what items outside of Thavnairian Onions are worth growing to sell on the MB?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have unlocked spearfishing. My power grows.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveEnjoyableCrabYouWHY
Orbs are back on the menu, boys.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

pupuru posted:

what items outside of Thavnairian Onions are worth growing to sell on the MB?

Anything needed to make minions, especially current ones. IIRC that's Royal Fern right now.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
In Alliance Raids, will a Healer LB3 raise people that aren't in your alliance? I'm worried I may have been able to save a Hashmal attempt that went to a wipe if I'd popped it in a better spot.

sidenote: hashmal is the worst

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

In Alliance Raids, will a Healer LB3 raise people that aren't in your alliance? I'm worried I may have been able to save a Hashmal attempt that went to a wipe if I'd popped it in a better spot.

sidenote: hashmal is the worst

Nope!

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Literally the only time bad players is a problem that wants a solution is when a bad starts queuing for ex/savage stuff. And at least in my experience, the percentage of people trying that content who fundamentally cannot clear it at their current skill level is very very low. The grading system or whatever is a solution looking for a problem.

Look I just want the game to tell me I'm a good boy and give me my S grade, ok ?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You mean literally the thing that stone, sea, sky is there for?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Stone Sky Sea is helpful for what it is but the extent of the feedback it gives is pass/fail.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Well, UWU has fallen to Entropy now. I have to hand it to any group with the patience to take out this Ultimate content. After a few wipes my brain begins to mush.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

The Grimace posted:

Well, UWU has fallen to Entropy

It was bound to happen.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CYBEReris posted:

Stone Sky Sea is helpful for what it is but the extent of the feedback it gives is pass/fail.

And even that is only sorta useful. It's not like the dummy teaches you any mechanics or how to make adjustments in your rotation for them.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

You also optimize your rotation differently for a 3 minute fight than you would for a 10 minute one. Like with Ninja, in a normal fight you would be using Duality on cooldown but for SSS you want to hold your second Duality for Trick Attack, since you are only going to get 2 Dualities in 3 minutes anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Last time we brought it up didn't we also come to the conclusion that SSS is like hilariously overtuned?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
man its a bummer squadron missions aren't super good any more, it seems

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It's also completely unintuitive. I wonder how many people completely miss it. I had to do some googling and back tracking before Susano because I unlocked it early SB and then forgot about it.

If they'd let you queue into it from the duty finder for the related duty's menu then that would be incredible.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Arist posted:

Last time we brought it up didn't we also come to the conclusion that SSS is like hilariously overtuned?

It's definitely really strict when you're close to the minimum ilvl for the content the dummy you selected is for.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

CYBEReris posted:

It's definitely really strict when you're close to the minimum ilvl for the content the dummy you selected is for.

It also doesn't account for things like the party stat buff, or any buffs/debuffs your party might be applying, though I can understand those being hard to figure in.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

How do ACT overlays work? There don't seem to be any useful tutorials and only a million githubs with uncertain prerequisites.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Is there a specific order I should be getting my Tomestone gear in? I've cleared Deltascape and I'm working on getting my Ilvl up for the 4.3 Primal and Sigmascape. I would guess Weapon is most important, also because it's the hardest to get, but the 1000 Creations cost is fairly daunting.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Weapon > chest/legs > head/hands/feet > belt > accessories. If you have a specific piece that's a significantly lower ilvl than the rest of your gear, replacing that is probably worth it. The weapon is gated behind some number of O8N weekly clears (I don't remember if it's still 7 or if they lowered it) or clearing O6S so you have some time to get another piece or two before you need to start saving for it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

LordHippoman posted:

Is there a specific order I should be getting my Tomestone gear in? I've cleared Deltascape and I'm working on getting my Ilvl up for the 4.3 Primal and Sigmascape. I would guess Weapon is most important, also because it's the hardest to get, but the 1000 Creations cost is fairly daunting.

Generally, the order is Weapon > Chest/Legs > Head/Hands/Feet > Belt/Accessories, unless you have some really low item level gear, in which case you may want to replace that first (i.e. your chest is 350 and your head is still 310) (^ beaten)

However, endgame has many other options for weapons. You can buy crafted 350 weapons for a fairly reasonable amount these days, which is better than even the upgraded Creation weapon. The Mendacity weapon is i360 but it takes at least 7 weeks to get from Sigmascape normal.

If you're not at the iLevel to do Castrum Fluminis Extreme then you'll probably want to get at least a 350 weapon off the MB.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 10, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Arist posted:

it's not necessarily overtuned, just really inconsistently tuned. some of the healer ones required like what would be a 99 percent parse in a fight while some of the tank ones were a joke.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

LordHippoman posted:

Your weapon is the most important purchase, yes, but only if you can already access certain content like Sigmascape without Creation gear. If you can't, buy accessories until your ilvl's enough to get into Sigmascape. Alternatively, you can spend some time in Eureka to get a 335 weapon (which takes vastly less time than before, but Eureka's not for everyone), or you can spend some gil to get a 350 weapon. If you're in one of the FCs, you can probably find someone who's willing to craft it for the mat cost, which is usually a fair bit cheaper than buying it straight off the MB.

Leofish posted:

If you're not at the iLevel to do Castrum Fluminis Extreme then you'll probably want to get at least a 350 weapon off the MB.

I'd recommending buying one in general. Unless you've been overspending on glamours or something, a fresh 70 should have more than enough gil to buy a 350 weapon. The alternatives (wait 7 weeks in Sigmascape, grind up a boatload of Creation, grind in Eureka) are all pretty miserable.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 10, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Oh yeah, I forgot about Eureka. I should do more of those challenge logs and get my level up there.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Eureka is boring, post your catgirls (male catgirls ok) instead.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Vermain posted:

Your weapon is the most important purchase, yes, but only if you can already access certain content like Sigmascape without Creation gear. If you can't, buy accessories until your ilvl's enough to get into Sigmascape. Alternatively, you can spend some time in Eureka to get a 335 weapon (which takes vastly less time than before, but Eureka's not for everyone), or you can spend some gil to get a 350 weapon. If you're in one of the FCs, you can probably find someone who's willing to craft it for the mat cost, which is usually a fair bit cheaper than buying it straight off the MB.

I'd recommending buying one in general. Unless you've been overspending on glamours or something, a fresh 70 should have more than enough gil to buy a 350 weapon. The alternatives (wait 7 weeks in Sigmascape, grind up a boatload of Creation, grind in Eureka) are all pretty miserable.

I brilliantly splurged on Apartment furnishings right before looking up the gearing process :v:

Since I can't wield an Orchestrion, apparently, it may just be Delta/Creation grinding until Sigma. It's not so bad, I enjoy the Exdeath fight a lot. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Waci posted:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Waci posted:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Nice

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I just made an edgy new glam celebrating getting my drk to 70 :toot:

I want to get a longer skirt but the only one I have found so far is the far eastern nobles skirt and I cant even preview that in game :(

Xun fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 11, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Everyone post your Highlander instead.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
cat posting

best cat posting

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Unicorn's represent

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

oh no blimp issue posted:

How do ACT overlays work? There don't seem to be any useful tutorials and only a million githubs with uncertain prerequisites.

https://gist.github.com/TomRichter/e044a3dff5c50024cf514ffb20a201a9

This is the guide I followed, although I haven't bothered to go looking at any other overlays yet.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Arm Day (Extreme)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TheHeadSage posted:

Unicorn's represent

You've confused unicorn with giraffe.