Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

QuarkJets posted:

lol and then she posts all of this minor deranged poo poo at the end

Yeah, is that stuff from a movie or something? It reads like a parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

lol and then she posts all of this minor deranged poo poo at the end

It's like if a horror film ended with a montage of cut scenes from the start of the film.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Drunk Nerds posted:

Before anyone asks, the age of consent IS IRRELEVANT
Basically. Heck, there's a lot of stuff that's totally legal and also completely creepy and almost always immoral, just harder to legislate. Just because you can't always arrest someone for it (and shouldn't always be able to) doesn't mean social consequences are too harsh. Somehow some people argue like they are though??

EDIT: That said a grown-rear end man moving in with a 16 year old he knocked up should probably be illegal if he's not like, 18 or whatever. 16 isn't an adult yet.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PetraCore posted:

Basically. Heck, there's a lot of stuff that's totally legal and also completely creepy and almost always immoral, just harder to legislate. Just because you can't always arrest someone for it (and shouldn't always be able to) doesn't mean social consequences are too harsh. Somehow some people argue like they are though??

EDIT: That said a grown-rear end man moving in with a 16 year old he knocked up should probably be illegal if he's not like, 18 or whatever. 16 isn't an adult yet.

Read this if you want to be depressed about how young you can find yourself in a perfectly legal marriage in the US. All he'd had to do is get the parents` consent and a judge would probably let it through.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That sounds like the mid-life crisis from hell.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, just because something is legal doesn’t mean it isn’t absolutely goddamn disgusting.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Waiting for Ham Sandwiches to jump in and be like "well if the law says an 11 year-old can be married then of course that's fine and to be expected"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, just because something is legal doesn’t mean it isn’t absolutely goddamn disgusting.
That's why it amazes me that people exist who don't realize there's a key difference between 'legal' and 'moral', because that's a dangerous mental gap to have.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

The post where the husband impregnated the teenage girl is from the UK though I bet there are plenty of nightmares there as well

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

For shits and grins, I searched for ‘Juul’.

Teenagers these days are weird.

My girlfriend (17f) and is disappointed in me (18m) for smoking

quote:

This is not too long, but it has been on my mind a lot lately since I do not usually do bad things for my age, and usually I am a pretty straight edged kid. I got my friend a juul recently because he was asking about it, so I said why not, and then we sat in his car and it slowly got passed around till it got to me then I took a couple hits. We had a talk about it the night of I did that without her knowledge of me doing it, then a day later I told her because I couldn't really live without at least telling her I did it. Now shes upset and disappointed with me and said "I just assumed you would never be someone who did that", and it kinda hurts and I have no clue what to do now, cause I just feel like there is a rift we can not fix now, and she has bad anxiety and life has been kicking her down recently and I just keep thinking about breaking up with her cause I feel like I can not stick it out, and rather make her life easier without her having to worry about me and my health.

TLDR: Smoked, girlfriend was unhappy, said she did not think of me as the type of person to do that. She has other stressful things in life right now and is very anxious and high tension, considering break up due to lack of things to do besides owning up to it and apologizing about it over and over.

Me [18 M] with my girlfriend [17 F], she wants to get a tattoo

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 6 months now and met through school.

Yesterday, she brought up how one of her friends got a tattoo from an artist and she wanted to do the same this Tuesday. She asked my opinion and I told her I thought it was a bad idea for a number of reasons.

First because she's not legally allowed to get a tattoo. Secondly, it seems kind of sketchy to go to an artist that gives tattoos to minors without guardian consent. And third, her parents don't want her to get one, so she is not going to tell them and get it somewhere she thinks they won't see.

I told her I thought she should just wait until she turns 18, that way she can get it legally and she can really know that she wants this tattoo. She then told me that she wouldn't get one because I didn't want her to, which I thought was very unfair.

I asked her if she would start to resent me because I told her it was a bad idea and because I am against nicotine vapes. Before we dated, she had one and hit nicotine vapes (juuls) pretty frequently. Personally, I think it's pretty disgusting and super unhealthy and wouldn't want to date someone who used it. She was quitting when we started hanging out and has always known my personal stance on the activity. Over the last 6 months, she has hit them twice without telling me, and a few weeks ago told me she would like to start using it recreationally again. Obviously, I told her she was welcome to start juuling again, but it would mean the end of our relationship, so she decided against it.

However, yesterday, when I asked if she resented me for those two things, she said that she gets annoyed at me sometimes for "not letting her juul," even though she has known it was a dealbreaker for me since the beginning of our relationship and when people ask her why she doesn't juul, she says it's because I don't let her and would break up with her.

This has all made me pretty unhappy because now I feel like I am controlling her and not letting her live her life, even though I was so clear for the get go about my thoughts on juuling and only told her that I thought she should wait until she was 18 to get her tattoo.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here or am I being controlling? Looking for any and all advice :-)

TL;DR: Girlfriend wants to get a tattoo without telling her parents, I say wait until she's 18. She also told me she gets annoyed at me for not letting her use nicotine vapes even though she knew it has been a dealbreaker for me since we started dating.

Bah god, nicotine vapes. The horror! Also ‘juuling’ and ‘not letting her Juul’. Jesus it’s a noun not a verb, people.

That second story really veered off from the title.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Vaping makes you look like a total dipshit but the smell is so much more tolerable, everybody i know who was a heavy smoker is now a committed vapist and i’ll take it cause being around them socially doesn’t make my clothes reek for days anymore

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was oddly left with a good feeling after reading this: He is moving in with a preg 16 year old; she no longer has to live with an unbeloveably lovely user "person."

Every one gets just what they desserts

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

andrew smash posted:

Vaping makes you look like a total dipshit but the smell is so much more tolerable, everybody i know who was a heavy smoker is now a committed vapist and i’ll take it cause being around them socially doesn’t make my clothes reek for days anymore

I’m sure I look like a total dingus with mine, but it’s an easier transition toward quitting than gum or patches, in my case anyway.

It does smell a lot nicer or have no real scent to it which is a plus.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m sure I look like a total dingus with mine, but it’s an easier transition toward quitting than gum or patches, in my case anyway.

It does smell a lot nicer or have no real scent to it which is a plus.

Something about the appearance of sucking on a usb drive like a 16 year old trying to squeeze the last out of a dying joint just doesn’t scream cool

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Boyfriends (28m) dogs are driving me (19f) crazy only one week after moving in. Is it ok to say "they go or I go?"

Lol at staying in a place for $300/mo, and deciding "well since I'm on the LEASE I can make DEMANDS", just loving lol, and the dogs are not purebred enough so maybe they should be shot?? hello police? anyone around that can shoot some loving dogs or something?

Right? Those are bored dogs who have created a job for themselves. The fact that they are not barking while on patrol is amazing. OP dumb. They probably haven't taken to her because she is an rear end in a top hat. Also, that's a kinda big age gap.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does vaping reduce appetite? I've heard smoking does.

Actually I'm just better off being fat, aren't I?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Nicotine does in general, but instead of putting on a mouth fedora you can just slap on a patch or pop lozenges if you want to get strung out on a really lame drug. (Full disclosure: nicotine patches will also give you incredible dreams.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Nicotine is an appetite suppressant IIRC. Of course it's also kinda poisonous.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
vaping pwns you're not allowed to not vape in gbs

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

cigarettes are okay too

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

spite house posted:

Nicotine does in general, but instead of putting on a mouth fedora you can just slap on a patch or pop lozenges if you want to get strung out on a really lame drug. (Full disclosure: nicotine patches will also give you incredible dreams.)

Do people honestly think they look ‘cool’ when they vape? I know I certainly don’t.

Patches gave me a rash.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I vape but just in the privacy of my own home because I feel like such a loving dork doing it.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

Do people honestly think they look ‘cool’ when they vape? I know I certainly don’t.
Some people do. Those people are the absolute worst on several axes. Personally, I skulk shamefully behind dumpsters and poo poo and lie and say it's weed if anyone gives me a hard time about it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PetraCore posted:

At least all the other parents on the estate will know to never let there children go to 16yo mom's apartment.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HoAssHo posted:

I vape but just in the privacy of my own home because I feel like such a loving dork doing it.

:same:

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Pretty sure the only people who look lame vaping are the fedora dumbasses who make it a lifestyle. Normal people smoking normal small vape things are something you see everywhere now, at least in the southern US.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

spite house posted:

Some people do. Those people are the absolute worst on several axes. Personally, I skulk shamefully behind dumpsters and poo poo and lie and say it's weed if anyone gives me a hard time about it.
I was wondering how you mustered the spite to type mouth fedoras and I see that it's self directed :(

please love yourself and your vape

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HIJK posted:

The post where the husband impregnated the teenage girl is from the UK though I bet there are plenty of nightmares there as well

Yeah, I know, that's why I explicitly said "in the US", where the ostensible age of consent is usually higher (but see my link).

spite house posted:

I still don't understand how you can get those over the counter at pharmacies. I would have assumed they'd require a prescription, showing you're trying to quit cigarettes or something. Or at the very least require you to go to the pharmacy and have some oversight, like with loving pseudoephedrine.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I know, that's why I explicitly said "in the US", where the ostensible age of consent is usually higher (but see my link).

I guess I'm confused why you were posting links about the US when the poster was based out of the UK

andrew smash posted:

Something about the appearance of sucking on a usb drive like a 16 year old trying to squeeze the last out of a dying joint just doesn’t scream cool

Wait a minute, Juuls are USBs? whaaaaat?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Vaping is kind of like giving guns to teachers.

Nobody really wants to look like they're slobbing C3P0's knob to get their nicotine fix, and the ones who do are absolutely the last people who should.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You'd think there'd be more gimmicky vape rigs. Like a huge comical cigar or a Bane mask.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I tend to buck the trends so I used vaping as a way to "ease in" to smoking.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Do they make invisible vape, so you don't look like you just elected the new pope.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HIJK posted:

I guess I'm confused why you were posting links about the US when the poster was based out of the UK

OP was in the UK. I wasn't talking to OP.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

dudeness posted:

Do they make invisible vape, so you don't look like you just elected the new pope.

Propylene glycol produces less aerosol than vegetable glycerin.

Here's some extreme vaping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puCt7HccOY&hd=1

And let's see what we can find when we search for vape:

quote:

Is it wrong I want to call off my (22m) wedding?

Well I want to call of my wedding, I will start from the begging my fiance is 24 years old.

I met my fiance 4 years ago at college, she was working at a timmies and she asked me for my number, I was really flattered because no one every asked me out before and I was super excited

Dating went really well, I was in college and she was just working in the college, I had a lot of bad relationships before hand and this was not that, we went on lots of dates and really enjoyed each others company.

Things changed when we moved in together 2 years ago, I dropped out of college but I hope to go back. it was really hard on me and I wanted a break. She got fired from a job, and got another one, and then another one, she kept getting let go but always had an excuse why it wasn't her fault, do this day shes on job 20 something. But she always had a new job within a week or two, so the financial strain wasn't too bad. I have had a steady job sense I left college

6 months ago she got fired again, and had an excuse however she has not had a job sense, Its putting an extreme financial strain on me, I have to pay for her meals, her rent, her cat, her phone bill.

after the second week I was getting a bit frusterated I was finding places that are hiring and giving her the information.

its been 6 months now, I haven't even been asking what jobs shes applied to now. The bus tickets I keep on the fridge haven't been moved, shes not going out looking for a job, shes staying at home doing nothing. Its not like shes having a hard time finding a job in her field, she never went to college, she has no field.

We have had to get room mates, who I don't like because I can't afford to have the place to myself anymore. I used to enjoy doing some overtime at work so I can go out for a nice dinner, or save up for something nice. Now I feel like I need to do overtime to afford to live. I'm pretty depressed and miserable, I told her she needs to get a job but she claims shes trying.

Our sex life has completely diminished. I work in a factory, I am so tired and I am not in the mood at all, especially because she doesn't feel like a partner, I feel like I'm her Dad or something. we haven't had sex in over a month.

Another thing thats bothering me is her smoking, she smokes about a pack every 3 days I would say? No one in my family smokes and I know how unhealthy it is. I am embarrassed when she goes out for a smoke when I am with family. I have talked to her multiple times, and even bought her a vape starter kit, but she just vapes when its raining or she doesn't want to get up to go outside, I should mention shes very overweight and lazy, and has no intention of quitting no matter what I say.

I am tired of her actions, I am tired, miserable, depressed and she pretends like this is normal, to be fair maybe she learned this behavior from her family, most of her family members are on government assistance, multiple generations of family live in the same home because none can afford to move out. Were supposed to get married this summer, another blow was she organized the wedding and its invites and apperently our wedding is now "Hairy potter themed" and she didn't even ask me, I don't want this but I guess its too late.

I don't want to marry this woman anymore, I feel like shes a child and I'm her Dad. I am tired of working 200% while she works 0%, I have worked my rear end off to keep us afloat, I am embarresed when my family asks if shes still unemployed, because I have to tell them, yes. I feel as I am completely done, I don't feel comfortable marrying a woman who won't even bother to look after herself.

Am I being greedy or heartless? I don't know if I can do this anymore, I don't know if our relationship can be repaired, Because I have lost all trust in her to be an adult. I just want to know reddit, if I am being a dick? Or my thinking is selfish? Thanks

TLDR: Fiance is unemployed, acting like a child and I am depressed,tired and just feel done.

:canada:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Somebody buy this man some Timbits so he can have a pair of balls.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Tanith posted:

Propylene glycol produces less aerosol than vegetable glycerin.

Here's some extreme vaping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puCt7HccOY&hd=1

And let's see what we can find when we search for vape:

:canada:
/r/relationships: apperently our wedding is now "Hairy potter themed"

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

:shrug: Don't really get basing a wedding around it, but to each their own.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Was there a mention of English not being their first language? I really hope. (Though in nearly all of those posters they type better than native speakers anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I like a good cigar...and a bad woman...

:dukedog: