Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bradford won't survive to week 5, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leperflesh posted:

Bradford won't survive to week 5, though.

Hope springs eternal. At least he can throw a the goddammn duke

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

This years NFC West outside of the Rams is a whole bunch of remade teams. Any predictions outside of saying that the Rams are the best looking team in the West are dumb as gently caress right now. The Seahawks can win anywhere from 5 to 11 games IMO. The Niners finished strong last year but who knows what comes out the gates I kind of put them around 6 to 10 wins IMO and who the gently caress knows about the Cards. Seriously wtf are the Cardinals going to look like next year? David Johnson coming back strong? Bradford gonna explode? Rookie QB trial by fire?

I hate this part of the offseason

Play
Apr 25, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

This years NFC West outside of the Rams is a whole bunch of remade teams. Any predictions outside of saying that the Rams are the best looking team in the West are dumb as gently caress right now. The Seahawks can win anywhere from 5 to 11 games IMO. The Niners finished strong last year but who knows what comes out the gates I kind of put them around 6 to 10 wins IMO and who the gently caress knows about the Cards. Seriously wtf are the Cardinals going to look like next year? David Johnson coming back strong? Bradford gonna explode? Rookie QB trial by fire?

I hate this part of the offseason

It's kind of fun not knowing though, and also thinking you know and having it all subverted within the first three weeks of the season.

But yeah this time of year sucks. I'm like a junkie piling on the used cottons, trying to get the faintest football high from lame clickbait, predictions based on nothing and vague OTA recaps

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals are never really terrible although with this being a bonafide tank year i'd be fine with being proven wrong.

the last year they went 4-12 or worse was 2003. in 2012 with the skelton/kolb/lindley/hoyer hydra and larod stephens howling shouldering the running load to a tune of 356 yards they went 5-12.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

hifi posted:

the cardinals are never really terrible although with this being a bonafide tank year i'd be fine with being proven wrong.

the last year they went 4-12 or worse was 2003. in 2012 with the skelton/kolb/lindley/hoyer hydra and larod stephens howling shouldering the running load to a tune of 356 yards they went 5-12.

That's freaking bonkers. Seattle and SF were both great at the time, so it's not like they had a cakewalk division.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
lol @ the thread title

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0hrqviZBeU

man this already feels like ancient history. the first 2 plays involved aaron hernandez and quentin groves

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Raku posted:

There is a chance he had it out where he could get it in case the insane lady came back to kill him

Gotta keep my assault rifle in the bathroom in case my ex-girlfriend Robocop shows up

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

EmbryoSteve posted:

Bradford gonna explode?

Any part of him may explode; especially one of his knees or shoulders. Maybe it'll be a new body part this year.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

hifi posted:

the cardinals are never really terrible although with this being a bonafide tank year i'd be fine with being proven wrong

Bonafide tank year in what way? I might be out of the loop but is there a prospect that any team would be tanking for specifically? Or do you just mean they kind of have an excuse if they do poorly? Cuz to me that's different than actual tanking. I mean especially in an era where "suck for luck" was a thing.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

team-wise, i mean. there's huge question marks on offense, defense, special teams, the rest of the division is going to be a meat grinder, and it's a learning year for rosen. if we suck and look like we learned something and got out unscathed then i don't care.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I don't think you know what tanking means.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

One issue is that the protection for Palmer really wasn't great last season and if Bradford takes as much punishment he won't last.

In general, too, the team needs to get younger. It's been really amazing to see what they've done with talented veterans but I don't think you can rely only on that these days. Still I'm really excited to see them next season, more than I was last year for sure because I'm really curious how the new guys and new coaches perform

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah, if bradford comes out getting hit like palmer on plays that look like palmer should be running them then the season suddenly starts to look bad, although there's no reason to expect that.

age though, all of the old guys except gresham are on a reasonable contract that's up in 1-2 years

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Bradford could die before taking a snap and Arizona is still in a good spot because they grabbed the best web prospect from this class.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Bradford could die before taking a snap and Arizona is still in a good spot because they grabbed the best web prospect from this class.

I agree, I think Rosen is clearly the main reason to be excited for the Cardinals as a team going forward. Maybe not showing out this season but eventually he will be the guy and I think he'll do a great job.

I'M also excited for Bradford because I'm probably the biggest Bradford Stan on the entire forums

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's kind of crazy how good Bradford is while still be a giant WTF for his total $ and draft capital given his injury history.

Whenever I think of him I first think of "bust" because of his first years but overall he's had a good career.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If it weren't for all the injuries I think we'd be talking about how much Sam Bradford owns for continuing to get fat stacks of cash from all the owners

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did he get slammed behind leaky o line to begin with?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I mean Bradford is just so tempting to coaching staff because all the skill is there.

As recently as week one this past season he put up over ten yards per attempt along with a completion percentage in the mid 80s. Many nfl qbs will never see numbers like that. I think in 2016 he also got second place all time in completion percentage over a season.

So coaches see all that and think poo poo it's probably worth it to pay him because if it does work out and he's healthy he has the passing skills to take a team into the post season and the coaches will look like geniuses. If it doesn't work out and Bradford gets hurt who cares, everyone expects that to happen anyways.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1005821769108807680?s=19

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Good

Labor uber alles

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sounds like Earl needs to have a little more New Empathy with the plight of management.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:shrug:

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

trade him to the cowboys for a starbucks gift card

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*asks Pete Carroll for a name for his coffee*

Uhhh...*snicker*...Trump. My name is Trump. lol. Got em.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I love my dysfunctional shitshow of a team

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Again torn between labor strikes being good but also wanting my dumb team to be good

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Meh. Correct answer is to give Earl a new contract.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

Meh. Correct answer is to give Earl a new contract.

Agree. Pay the man

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Do the Seahawks have the cap space to pay Earl anything more meaningful?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
This offseason is so good.

quote:

At this moment, he's not battling with us, so I can't really tell you what (his absence means). It would be great if he comes back, but we're gonna keep on truckin' ... You never know what's going on with someone in that situation. He's in a whole other place right now. He's handling his situation, (rather than) helping us. I try not to deal with that energy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/seattle-seahawks-teammates-kam-chancellor-holdout-2015-9/

Earl complaining about Kam’s holdout a few years back.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Earl probably felt right to complain at the time since he had just signed an extension that was paying him like a top safety. That isn't the case anymore.

It might just be plural of anecdote but it seems like the Seahawks has the most players that hold out.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Earl is right to ask for an extension and he was (obviously) wrong to criticize Chancellor. I understand that he was probably worried about their football team and Kam not being in practice, but taking the ownership side in a contract dispute is extremely lame. Coaches always try to put the blame for holdouts on the players rather than the ownership/GMs. And look what happened to Chancellor: now that he's injured, every extra million he got from that holdout may end up being really important. If you want top talent then you pay for it and sometimes the only way to make that happen is to withhold your services until they take you seriously. Especially for defensive players, who may not play a lot longer after their rookie contracts, they need to get that money while they can.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bob Socko posted:

Do the Seahawks have the cap space to pay Earl anything more meaningful?

He needs a raise to be the highest paid safety in the NFL. That’s only a few more million. In the grand scheme of cap space that’s not a lot.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If I was a member of the Seahawks I would hold out forever

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If you got a big contract with a bunch of guaranteed cash, could you take that poo poo to the bank and quit the next day?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

If you got a big contract with a bunch of guaranteed cash, could you take that poo poo to the bank and quit the next day?

I don't think any of them are guarenteed baseball style, you have to be on the roster on IR to get paid every game week.

e: The only guaranteed sickness and in health are recent Rookie Contracts for 1st rounders, and for everyone else if you are on the IR you have to be there because of "Football related injuries".

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I believe players have been sued to recoup signing bonuses too. From a quick google Mike Vick, Aldon Smith and Martellus Bennett were (although the Packers lost their suit against Bennett).

I guess Barry Sanders had to give some money back to the Lions too when he retired.

• Locked thread