Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

IAmTheRad posted:

I will add that they are planning on also having a PC version, a VR version, and of course iOS, if you don't think your phone will be powerful enough for this.

A flagship phone will likely be fine running it.

What about last year's flagships? Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL were both on the list, but the old Pixel XL wasn't.. Its still a drat good phone. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Can't wait to have my battery's phone evaporate into mist on the commute to work oh boy.

I would say it's possible to do if they optimize it well enough but lol this is Bethesda. It's going to feel like I'm holding molten steel while this thing runs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's no chance my J7 will run it adequately so thank god there's a pc release I guess

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I wonder what launches first? Old School Runescape or this Elder Scrolls game.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

New Leaf posted:

What about last year's flagships? Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL were both on the list, but the old Pixel XL wasn't.. Its still a drat good phone. :(

It'll probably be able to run it. I mean if your Android phone can do Daydream VR it can probably run Elder Scrolls Blades well.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Another couple of Tap Wizard questions.

1) I've noticed lately that it'll change my loadout from 1 to 4 sometimes. I think it's usually/always when I come back to the game after it's been in the background or the phone's been off. What the hell is that about, and is there anything I can do to make it stop?

2) How do I access the dungeon loadouts outside of a dungeon? I'm always surprised that I have like two icicle spells or whatever.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

hooah posted:

Another couple of Tap Wizard questions.

1) I've noticed lately that it'll change my loadout from 1 to 4 sometimes. I think it's usually/always when I come back to the game after it's been in the background or the phone's been off. What the hell is that about, and is there anything I can do to make it stop?

2) How do I access the dungeon loadouts outside of a dungeon? I'm always surprised that I have like two icicle spells or whatever.

1) Are you swiping left? There's a setting that lets you change loadouts on the fly by swiping. You can turn it into off if you like. "Fast Swapping" on the 4th page of settings.

2) The Dungeon loadouts are just extra loadout slots so you don't screw up your normal four, you can't access them outside of a dungeon. They don't give you any extra spells than you normally have so if you want 2 icicles in a normal loadout just put them there.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IAmTheRad posted:

It'll probably be able to run it. I mean if your Android phone can do Daydream VR it can probably run Elder Scrolls Blades well.
Saying that the original Pixels can run Daydream is kind of generous. They overheat and crash with any intensive VR after about 15mins.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Lone Goat posted:

1) Are you swiping left? There's a setting that lets you change loadouts on the fly by swiping. You can turn it into off if you like. "Fast Swapping" on the 4th page of settings.

2) The Dungeon loadouts are just extra loadout slots so you don't screw up your normal four, you can't access them outside of a dungeon. They don't give you any extra spells than you normally have so if you want 2 icicles in a normal loadout just put them there.

Nah, I've got fast swapping off. I guess I misunderstood about dungeons. I thought you couldn't change your spells once you started, but that seems to not be the case.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The command and conquer game is actually...not bad? There is a decent amount of movement and countering that goes on in the maps. The greatest sin I'm seeing right now is making hard counter units a random drop out of crates.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

NPR Journalizard posted:

I believe how many dinosaurs you lose plays a part. I seem to get more epic ones when I go 3-0, but it's not 100% and I have only ever had 1 12hr one.

I've been testing this theory, and I just had a streak where I went 3-0 twice, then 3-1, then 3-2 twice, and only got normal incubators until the last 3-2, where I got an epic. I think it's either a simple RNG, or there's a cycle to them.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I played like the first 4 missions in the C&C mobile game and felt really bored?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Montalvo posted:

I played like the first 4 missions in the C&C mobile game and felt really bored?

That's cause Tim Curry isn't in it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is the Portal Bridge Constructor worth it? I've been saving my survey money and have about $8.10 CDN. Was originally planning on getting the huge CYOA RPG with the ducks, can't remember the name (ninja edit:King of Dragon Pass), but I'm not there yet.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
It's fun. Makes your phone a little hot but it's a good game.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Is there a decent Zoo / City management/sim game that plays well, isn't filled with freemium bs, and a touch deeper than Kairosoft games? I'll happily pay up to :10bux:

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Is there a decent Zoo / City management/sim game that plays well, isn't filled with freemium bs, and a touch deeper than Kairosoft games? I'll happily pay up to :10bux:

I think the best you can do is Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic, if you don't already have it. Worth every penny.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

regulargonzalez posted:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 with the Wild! expansion pack

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

That's cause Tim Curry isn't in it

That explains it.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Genuine question for a project of mine. What made Dungeon Raid so great?
I really enjoyed it but I can't put my finger on what made it awesome.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I don't know if it was the first game to do it but the chaining mechanic felt really unique at the time, and the way those chunky pixelated icons fell away when you matched a whole lot of them was very, very satisfying.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

regulargonzalez posted:

OpenTTD is free and deep.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Rivals is ok so far, is there an ability for one of us to make an alliance?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aethernet posted:

OpenTTD is free and deep.

Has this been more optimized for mobile?

I suppose I could just go try it again myself.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Malek posted:

Genuine question for a project of mine. What made Dungeon Raid so great?
I really enjoyed it but I can't put my finger on what made it awesome.

mrkillboy posted:

I don't know if it was the first game to do it but the chaining mechanic felt really unique at the time, and the way those chunky pixelated icons fell away when you matched a whole lot of them was very, very satisfying.

For me, in addition to that, it was the way everything came together. Classes, Skills/Spells, Gear, Stats, Races, the ability to mix & match things… It all just combined into one awesome game.

Sadly, it no longer works on my new phone. Troll Patrol is the closest thing I've found to it. It's still in Unreleased status, and it makes me think that it's what a Beta version of Dungeon Raid might have been like.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The command and conquer game is actually...not bad? There is a decent amount of movement and countering that goes on in the maps. The greatest sin I'm seeing right now is making hard counter units a random drop out of crates.

My friend, wait until you need to level up your Mammoth tank to be competitive but you didn't get enough cards to drop and you don't have enough gold to level up any other unit so you just have to wait 4 hours for the crate to unlock. Clash Royale late game plus EA monetization? No thanks hombre, I'm giving C&C a wide berth.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evoland is on sale for $0.99 for the next 48 hours.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has this been more optimized for mobile?

I suppose I could just go try it again myself.

I'm also curious about this. I love me some OpenTTD but it's a very interface driven game that I feel like wouldn't translate well to a phone/tablet.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

I'm also curious about this. I love me some OpenTTD but it's a very interface driven game that I feel like wouldn't translate well to a phone/tablet.

It requires some getting used to, but if you can handle the terrible 2000s interface on PC you should fine on a mobile with a sufficiently large screen. I played on a Galaxy S7 Edge.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Evoland is on sale for $0.99 for the next 48 hours.

Is this worth it?

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Bloons TD 6 appears to have launched a day early

Early reviews so far seem to indicate it is really good in the vein of 5 and less like cities

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjakiwi.bloonstd6

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is this worth it?

It's normally $4.99. I grabbed it, and I'm enjoying it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Is this worth it?

I enjoyed it a few years ago. No idea what's changed since then.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Is this worth it?

For a dollar, yeah, it's a fun little nostalgia trip through the design conventions of games in general and a little more specifically RPGs

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of 2017 survival game ARK: Survival Evolved is now out for Android.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
I stumbled on this MMA game called MMA Manager by Prey Studios. I'm only two days in but it seems pretty fun. Create your own fighters, gym, trainers, and use sliders to plan your attack strategy for when you fight. The game is still in Beta but it's still fun. If anyone wants to join me my user name is Pappa j and user ID is 248642.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
For gacha addicts like myself, Knights Chronical has just been released globally:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.knightsgb

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Roid666 posted:

For gacha addicts like myself, Knights Chronical has just been released globally:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.knightsgb

Do I need to keep rerolling?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
No idea, with the new content for King's Raid, I've only played it for about an hour this morning. You start off with with SR chars and get an SSR as a reward or something. Judging by all the other players rocking to same hero as their friend character I'm guessing it's the same reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh god, my kryptonite..

Hopefully it will be a slow work day.