Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Treehouse + competitive splatoon, which is more watchable than you'd think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

at least ghosts of tsushima devs get to make something pretty. i feel bad for the last of us animators spending another 3 years rigging a screwdriver going through an eye socket

i did really like the environments, and the MGS3 looking flower field during their bushido blade segment.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Makign coffee and breakfast for the big event.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

Hopefully Nintendo has retired from musical acts after last year's successful "Jump Up, Superstar!" and just shows us some brand new games for the Switch.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The new mascot could only have been developed by someone distinctly Japanese. His name is "Super" Mario Mario - a pseudo-Italian New York pastiche whose younger brother, Luigi Mario, bears a striking resemblance to character actor Kirk Fox. Mario, as Japanese development darlings Nintendo affectionately call him, can do most things we imagine a video game protagonist doing. He runs, he jumps, he even wears distinctive clothing. But unlike traditional games, Mario does not sneak, he does not take down enemies, and he can jump anywhere, without a contextual button prompt, even when it defies physics. That decision makes Super Mario a unique gaming experience, and a confusing one. We were often troubled by the impossibility of landing that perfect jump onto a higher platform. Or worse, jumping between gaps not by running toward them, but by having to physically time jumps. And without the ability to counter, grapple, or even dodge, combat becomes a messy affair in which the player must control their momentum to land on a small moving target. Nonetheless, the game should appeal to hardcore players and those that love a challenge. With its cartoonish - and historically inaccurate - world and Italian-via-Japanese charm, this is one game nobody should miss, at least until the difficulty gets too great to continue. For us, that was around the second "world," Nintendo's term for a collection of related challenges.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Makign coffee and breakfast for the big event.

I'm extremely hungry and tired from all the food poisoning but I don't think my stomach is ready for coffee or breakfast. Getting to stay home from work sick is a real mixed bag.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot I made this post. I'm glad someone likes it.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

there was a second re2 trailer?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

nm found it. looks great.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I forgot I made this post. I'm glad someone likes it.

All your fake game journo posts are almost suspiciously good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

20 minutes. bummed that this is the last major event of the week, although i cant wait to see all the news that got saved for outside the big shows, if any exists

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

yes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://youtu.be/kbLOokeC3VU?t=406

Video game violence doesn't really get to me but I still think about this moment from time to time

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

20 minutes. bummed that this is the last major event of the week, although i cant wait to see all the news that got saved for outside the big shows, if any exists

this is cool

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/1006454527577518082

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
gently caress Sony and gently caress Nintendo. gently caress E3 and gently caress all modern games made after 2008.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

please give a release date!!!!! this is my #1 game im looking forward to this year. well maybe hitman 2 now that i know its coming out this year.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Xbox Ambassador posted:

gently caress Sony and gently caress Nintendo. gently caress E3 and gently caress all modern games made after 2008.

wb

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
*taking a deep breath* Nintendo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralTenuousWasabiBatChest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

mind loving broken after microsoft and sony's bad pressers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

*EA and Bethesda reps nod approvingly at Bob*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SciFiDownBeat posted:

imo infamous 1 and 2 ruled

:catstare:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Milkman posted:

*taking a deep breath* Nintendo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

I'm an actual journalist, just not in games.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

extremebuff posted:

mind loving broken after microsoft and sony's bad pressers

Microsoft was the only decent conference and you are a broken brain fucktard if you want to get on your kneels and suck Todd’s dick for fallout: H1Z1 but good news path of exile got new micro transactions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

imo infamous 1 and 2 ruled
No. No!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I rewatched the Spider-man trailer, a game I’m overall really sympathetic to, and I got to say the redesigns they shitted out for these classic Spidey villains are pretty disheartening

They look like Injustice characters. I was waiting for Level 20 Atrocitus to make his entrance

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They look like Injustice characters. I was waiting for Level 20 Atrocitus to make his entrance

Injustice looks way better than that poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think some of them literally are. Or were at some point

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I think some of them literally are. Or were at some point

Good news gamer. In 2022 Disney will buy Warner Brothers and its DC subsidiary and we'll have Marvel vs Injustice Infinite since Capcom will become a pachinko-only company.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man i hope the rumors of splatoon dlc releasing today are true

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Good news gamer. In 2022 Disney will buy Warner Brothers and its DC subsidiary and we'll have Marvel vs Injustice Infinite since Capcom will become a pachinko-only company.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Netherrealm games actually look better than capcom games at this point so its sounds good to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JchYVA76Hjk&t=174s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

of course the other pressers were whatever too, just checked the lore and BBG is obsessed with xbox and death stranding

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Microsoft was the only decent conference and you are a broken brain fucktard if you want to get on your kneels and suck Todd’s dick for fallout: H1Z1 but good news path of exile got new micro transactions

yeah microsoft's presser where they announced they have no exclusives anymore was awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchkqXEg0qs ITS TIME

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's starting!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nintendo please heal our souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[desperately trying to ward off darkness infecting this thread] Nintendo hoipe letssssa goooo!

• Locked thread