Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Looking forward to E3 2036, when my kid turns of the Square conference and says "Dad, I'm leaving for college now. It's time to just accept that the Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't coming."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

Looking forward to E3 2036, when my kid turns of the Square conference and says "Dad, I'm leaving for college now. It's time to just accept that the Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't coming."

your unborn child is a fake gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mario tennis is out in a week at least

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm happy that there will be new Smash Bros, a game series I enjoy, but I'm sad that it's all Nintendo has.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

There’s no way I’m ever letting my kid pick up a controller.

I’ll only let my kids experience gaming on a phone like god intended. Thank you based Apple. Based Steve jobs. Based Wozniak. Based T... T... [Keeps trying to say Tim Cook but Patriot AI nanomachines change it to Timb Cuck every time I open my mouth]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

your unborn child is a fake gamer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Let’s Go Pikachu looks utterly dire.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm happy that there will be new Smash Bros, a game series I enjoy, but I'm sad that it's all Nintendo has.

yeah.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Daemon X Machina looks neato and I am hoping for a demo.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I loved the cyberpunk trailer but instead of anything about what the games about it's all shoutouts and peeks of stuff that's big in the old cyberpunk rpg and probably don't mean anything if you're new to it.

Like the shot of the trauma docs, mercenary medics that keep monitoring your brainwave and the second it drops send a killsquad out to picky you up, patch you together and liquidate anybody causing you trouble, for a fee.

It makes me happy cause it means they're sticking with pondsmith and what he came up with but it tells you nothing about the game really.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This has to have been a joint pact agreement across all dev companies and publishers to kill E3 forever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Thinking about this guy word for word saying Lyle’s post about zis is ze times of za chaayos, dahrk times of zee Troomp, lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I... still think E3 last year was worse? I dunno

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

This has to have been a joint pact agreement across all dev companies and publishers to kill E3 forever.

I think they failed, unfortunately.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Thinking about this guy word for word saying Lyle’s post about zis is ze times of za chaayos, dahrk times of zee Troomp, lol

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also I’m gonna say it. All gen one pokemon look like poo poo, maybe except for Koffing and Weezing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Also I’m gonna say it. All gen one pokemon look like poo poo, maybe except for Koffing and Weezing.

Forgot about Pidgey, huh?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Be more of a Microsoft sycophant you retard.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Wormskull”" post="“485001742”"]
Forgot about Pidgey, huh?
[/quote]

I poo poo on Pidgey.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Now whos being loving toxic?? gently caress youu

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Definitely

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

none of the conferences were over 90 minutes besides ms I think, which is a solid plus

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sleng Teng posted:

I think they failed, unfortunately.

Oh, word?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Wormskull”" post="“485001777”"]
Be more of a Microsoft sycophant you retard.
[/quote]

While I admit that’s cool Pidgey hasn’t looked anything like that in 30 years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EA is still unforgivable due to C&C, everything else after that is nothing in comparison

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

EA is still unforgivable due to C&C, everything else after that is nothing in comparison

Agreed honestly. That was the worst thing I’ve ever seen live

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish they could publish a Treehouse schedule so I would knpw if I can take an E3 break to watch Westwordl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I... still think E3 last year was worse? I dunno

Me too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

im really glad i missed this horror

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It might be the most blatant case of a company making GBS threads on the legacy of a franchise they destroyed in gaming history

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there's no way E3 was worse last year because of what happened with Stardock, Ford & Reiche this time IMO

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Imagine being a fan of anthem and your first exposure at a big big live show is all the writers shuffling on stage and speaking really earnestly about how the evil darlings are stealing the ancient alien technology to do no good and it's up to you to stop it. For like 15 minutes.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait for the french pedophiles at ubisoft and that sassy black woman to talk about zee global warming, zee donahld le droompf, zee ahlt raight, before introducing a crappy 3rd person shooter with Real Gamer Banter like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA9NscFRjDE&t=238s

If Aisha Taylor had been there this time this would have been a 1:1 prediction

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

So what's the next worthwhile game after mario tennis? octopath?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

remember this guy

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
E3 owns

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Imagine being a fan of anthem

I actually can’t wrap my mind around this concept

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I actually can’t wrap my mind around this concept

I know multiple people who have preordered it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It was never gonna look good to begin with but its between that and Sonys insane room shuffle shenanigans this year for worst part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It might be the most blatant case of a company making GBS threads on the legacy of a franchise they destroyed in gaming history

ubisoft also just put out literally the same game but might and magic instead

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/might-magic-elemental-guardians/

• Locked thread