Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ROFL Octopus posted:

That’s the truest gen 1 throwback :haw:

That’s stupid.
Was tabbed out but I think it was just idiot-proofing like "Do you have someone who can EASILY beat Brock? If not, here's where you can catch one!" I didn't see them answer "No" to the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Viridian Forest trainer dialogue in the background just now seemed to maybe imply Bulbasaur was catchable there.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I'm getting a little annoyed at the prospect of having to buy so many more Pokeballs than I would ever normally need because I'm gonna miss even on the easiest ones

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Waffles Inc. posted:

I'm getting a little annoyed at the prospect of having to buy so many more Pokeballs than I would ever normally need because I'm gonna miss even on the easiest ones
I live in a small rear end town so I'm thankful that I don't need to drive five minutes out and sit at a graveyard for 30 minutes just to restock on pokeballs

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RealFoxy posted:

I live in a small rear end town so I'm thankful that I don't need to drive five minutes out and sit at a graveyard for 30 minutes just to restock on pokeballs

Video games were a mistake

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This game is going to piss off so many people who only have vague memories of Red/Blue mixed with the anime.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
ooo love that gcu discount, preordered both version bundles with the p2w pokeball for $80 a piece

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dehry posted:

This game is going to piss off so many people who only have vague memories of Red/Blue mixed with the anime.

good

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Kurieg posted:

Saving, breeding something with a ludicrously short hatch rate, noting the number of the egg that hatches shiny, then loading back to the save and breeding the pokemon you want, tossing away all the eggs except the one you know will be shiny.
...does that work???

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
It does in gen 7. The RNG that determines what you get from the daycare only advances when you accept or reject an egg, and while certain things affect how it advances, what pokemon are in the daycare isn't one of those things.

What items they're holding does affect how the RNG advances, so Kureig, make sure you check for that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/06/lets-go-pikachu-eevee-demo-impressions

Pokebeach impessions of playing. Looks like press was restricted to the Pokeball controller in Viridian

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Brock doesn't age

Brock don't crock

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
A83759R2GZR33F6G
Shiny Zygarde

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dehry posted:

Why?

Riding on Pokemon is at least good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mfw pokemon lets go

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Houle posted:

A83759R2GZR33F6G
Shiny Zygarde

Bless you friendo

e: How the gently caress do some of you people soft-reset for shininess. Even just doing it for nature is making me want to kill myself.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 13, 2018

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I really like the trainer battle music remix

end of list.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The already misremembered Blue is replaced by a friendly trainer and was shown giving the player some items.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Zore posted:

Why? loving Go has both, it would be weird if this didn't.
Go only has IVs, not EVs. But indeed, I'm not sure how the Bank would work without both...

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Entropist posted:

Go only has IVs, not EVs. But indeed, I'm not sure how the Bank would work without both...

You probably just get mons with 0 evs period when you transfer them.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dehry posted:

The already misremembered Blue is replaced by a friendly trainer and was shown giving the player some items.

It's been twenty years dude, we've all chilled out

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dehry posted:

Eh they aren't misremembering that much.

Remember when he breaks into a Team Rocket controlled building solely to try to beat you up and then just peaces out

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Personally, I'm disappointed that Pokemon Let's Go does not have guns.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Personally, I'm disappointed that Pokemon Let's Go does not have guns.

Hey Mario with a gun ended up being a fantastic game so what the hell.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Klefki, but with empty 9mm shells.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Bullet moves now function as OHKOs for Remoraid and Octillery

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nobody in this thread should be thinking that, I'm talking about the internet at large.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
DAE name their rival DICKS hee hee

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dehry posted:

Nobody in this thread should be thinking that, I'm talking about the internet at large.

Did u know you the player character kills blues raticate? Makes u think

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Hope I can import the Ash hat Raichu from Go

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can only transfer the original 150 to start. No special Pokemon.
Mew? Only if you buy the Pokeball controller.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Dehry posted:

You can only transfer the original 150 to start. No special Pokemon.
Mew? Only if you buy the Pokeball controller.

They did say Alola forms transfer, though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Ruggington posted:

mfw pokemon lets go

Pokemon Let's GO to the polls!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Today I found Araquanid's best battle buddy and his name is Porygon2!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

CubeTheory posted:

They did say Alola forms transfer, though.

Besides the obvious marketing, that is kind of necessary. If they didn’t, then Dark would be non-existent as a type. That said, it does make the decision to remove evolutions from after Gen 1 seem even more arbitrary.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zoran posted:

Pikachu learns Double Kick now. Guess they really didn’t want people to struggle with Brock.

I hope Eevee gets an actual moveset because what the hell do I do with an unevolved base eevee that can't breed

And I really want an eevee on my head sooo

Edit; my wife wanted to play this too but doesn't have a switch and with the profile stuff now we can both play on the same switch too which is cool! Let's see how that works out

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 13, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Klefki, but with empty 9mm shells.

Unovan form Klefki

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Unovan form Klefki

https://twitter.com/klefki_bot/status/830109019368996865

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah I wonder if they will fix some of the more dire movepools. I mean they are probably using at least the FRLG movepools, but maybe there's some additional changes. Given that they shake up distribution with Oddishes in viridian forest here's hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kikas posted:

Yeah I wonder if they will fix some of the more dire movepools. I mean they are probably using at least the FRLG movepools, but maybe there's some additional changes. Given that they shake up distribution with Oddishes in viridian forest here's hoping.

I mean I don’t recall Pikachu with Double Kick.