Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

TheScott2K posted:

I can barely get a comb through my glorious mane

You’re losing precious hours that could be spent on activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

my scalp of urticating hairs is an evolved trait and leaves me with superior resistance to large predators compared to lesser men

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm [25/M] beginning to think my girlfriend [23/F] may be either manipulating or emotionally abusing me.

quote:

I would like to apologize in advance for the long post. This has been something that I've been pondering for a couple of months, but I've been too wary to communicate it with any of my friends.

Background: I first met my girlfriend last January, and we became a couple by the next month. For the first four months, we had one fight, and it over a minute, irrelevant dispute. From that point on, she slowly became more agitated at most everything I'd do — but it wasn't much of an issue. Still, we were out of our honeymoon phase and that gave me some peace of mind, because now we could finally see what the 'actual' relationship would pan out to be.

Through the rest of the year, we found a nice groove and stayed with it. We'd argue like any other couple and we'd have disagreements, but I looked out for her, and she looked out for me. We were living together by the time the year ended and helped celebrate New Years at my apartment with friends and had a genuinely good time.

That was the last time we've had a regular relationship. Just a week after the new year, I began putting more importance on eating well and taking care of my body. I have an average build, but I've been vocal about wanting to get in better shape for months. So, I keep my word and over the course of the next three weeks, I did what I wanted to to do: lose weight, watch my calories and gain muscle. Instead of support, I was met with, "Well, I'm proud of you, but can you not talk about?" She's dealt with body image issues most of her life, so I have been very understanding and cautious of what I say so I don't upset her. I'd never brag about weight loss or anything, instead, I would just mention it if she brought up my workouts.

On the first day of February, I was involved in a hit-and-run by a drunk driver while on the way to work. My car was totaled and I was without a car. When she realized I would not be able to buy a car for at least a month, her entire demeanor changed. She never technically blamed me for the accident, but she would leave me with passive aggressive, annoyed statements that would leave me to feel like maybe I was in the wrong; maybe it was my fault that I accidentally crossed paths with the person who hit me.

Over the next month, her family turned against me when I kept telling them I didn't have a new car just yet. They promised to help me, then they'd take it back, then talk behind my back when I wasn't there and criticize me for being 'irresponsible' for not knowing better. I don't know what I did to bring this on.

Since my accident, she has threatened to break up with me several times — the first of which forced us to take a break. She was mad that I wasn't better with money (I was waiting on my scam of an insurance company to pay me out which took 108 days to do, by the way!) regarding my car and said she couldn't handle it anymore. She stayed at her place starting in mid-April and we stayed on the break until we went to Disney World last month.

The Disney trip was nice, but while we were there, she would sometimes yell at me for things like stopping at a Walgreens, taking a wrong turn, going slightly under the speed limit on accident, etc. Anytime I would even look like I was annoyed or tired while at the park, she would berate me and tell me I should just go sit down somewhere and leave her be.

While we were at Disney, her parents moved her out of my apartment. My girlfriend and her family purposefully kept this from me, and I did not know about it until we came back home. They acted like it was no big deal and that I shouldn't be surprised. Now, she lives in her new apartment with a guy friend who I don't totally trust. She's refused to spend the night with me, and she did nothing to help me move to the place I live now.

I feel deflated and somewhat useless. She will explode on me for the smallest things and refuse to let it go. For example, last night I asked her last night if she could pick up her boxes and move it to her apartment (since my kitchen is currently just her stuff that she previously agreed to move). She said I was trying to remove her from my memory or something, then said, "Whatever, I don't care. Sure, I'll do it."

Here are other things that bother me:

-She only wants to see me if she needs something, like a ride to work or to run errands.

-She gets mad at me and says I'm overreacting when I've expressed frustration with her friend who is staying with her temporarily.

-She will tell me that, in some ways, I'm a disappointment. Even though I'm working towards my degree still, I work full-time in my industry, making more money than most people my age. That isn't good enough, apparently.

-She never wants to hear me talk about anything that happens at work, but expects me to stay in the know about her work problems.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I wouldn't say I'm scared of her, but her anger towards the smallest issues intimidate me. She has successfully made me think that, "Wow, if I say something I'm probably in the wrong."

TL;DR My girlfriend of nearly one and a half years has slowly grown more aggitated and annoyed at me. The relationship has turned one-sided and it's reaching the point that I feel she's either emotionally abusing me or trying to get rid of me.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

I'm [25/M] beginning to think my girlfriend [23/F] may be either manipulating or emotionally abusing me.

what tipped you off buddy

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

I think your main problem is assuming you still have a girlfriend.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Milotic posted:

Why are all Americans called Kyle? I suspect this is fiction but hey ho

I [41F] just found out the the accident my son [15m] had was actually a suicide attempt.

Isn't this literally an episode of House MD?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I think your main problem is assuming you still have a girlfriend.

I'm amazed by how many people are born without spines, this is something the medical community really needs to figure out!

Also, I know it's normal to disagree with your spouse from time to time, but I'm kind of surprised how many of these posts are like "We don't fight much, maybe like once or twice a month". What the gently caress are these people doing that there's poo poo fight about this often? I'm guessing it's because these are all broken people that post on reddit, but gently caress.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

she's obviously going to dump him and date the car

My [26 F] company is threatening to fire me over my hair. How do I explain to my employers [40s? F+F] that it looks this way due to a medical issue?

quote:

I'm sorry if this is a silly post or very trite. I know it's nowhere near as serious as a lot of things discussed in this sub, and maybe this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm new to Reddit and I wasn't sure where else to go.

I started working as a receptionist for a small business about two weeks ago. During interviews and for the first few days, there was no mentioning of any issues with my appearance, but yesterday my manager, Linda, told me that the owner of the company, Christy, doesn't like the way my hair looks, and if I don't change it, I will not be able to "move forward in the company." I live in an at-will state, so I know it's probably legal for them to fire me for any reason they want to. That's not really my question.

In the employee handbook, it states that employees with hair shoulder length or longer must wear it up in a ponytail, which I do. However, Christy told Linda that my hair looks "messy" and I need to have it completely pulled back and off my face. I have wavy/curly/frizzy/slightly wild hair, and I have bangs/fringe, but I take care of my hair the best I can (wash daily, brush, straighten, use smoothing products, but it will never be smooth or shiny). I have never had an employer have an issue with my hair, even when I worked in food service. My hair is unique, but it's not out of control, and I even get compliments on it sometimes.

The problem with this is that I have a lot of hair loss due to medical issues. I wear my hair in bangs that frame my face, and I don't pull it back in a tight slicked-back style, because I have some severe bald patches at my hair line going all around my head (sorry if this is confusing! I'm trying to describe it the best I can without posting pictures). Basically, it's the worst at the top of my forehead and going down along the sides to behind my ears. Therefore, to keep the bald patches covered, I style my hair in a looser ponytail with bangs. Like I said, this has never been an issue with a previous employer. Every other woman at the company either has super short hair or straight hair, so perhaps they're just not used to seeing my hair style or texture?

I've dealt with eating disorders and major anxiety and depression my whole life, which, in certain circumstances, can lead to hair loss. Last year, I had an inpatient hospital stay due to these problems. I'm doing somewhat better (I mean, I'm not in the hospital anymore, so yay!), but I have to admit I still have problems with EDs, anxiety, and depression; they're just not as bad as they were when I was hospitalized.

Anyway, I'm really, really embarrassed of my hair. I feel ashamed when I have to pull it away from my face. It took a lot for me to even be able to put it in a loose ponytail, but I don't think there's any way I'm going to be comfortable displaying my bald patches to the world. Personally, I think it looks less aesthetically pleasing than my "messy hair."

The next time I work with Linda, I want to talk to her about my hair loss. Despite her being the owner, I'm hesitant to talk to Christy; I've heard from many people that she's very controlling and difficult to work for, but I have never had conflict at work so it didn't deter me from working here. I was too shocked and embarrassed to bring it up when Linda initially pulled me aside. However, I can't even talk to my parents or boyfriend about it without bursting into tears because I'm so, so ashamed. I also don't want to be too specific and personal, since this is a work situation after all. Do you guys have any suggestions of how to handle this situation? What should I do or say?

TL;DR - I wear my hair in a style to cover my hair loss. Was told I could lose my job because of this. How do I communicate that it's because of a medical issue, not because I'm sloppy?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Is that really such a weird thing?

I just started developing a tiny bald patch and I'm already nuking it with all the treatments available to me, even though my girlfriend says she doesn't care about it. Then again, all my dreams involve combing my hair so maybe I'm a bit different.

Yes, yes it is, not every guy is a weeping mass of tears when they start going bald. Also the wife is being a bitch, if the roles were reversed & he complained about something minor like her not shaving her legs, he’d be raked over the coals by every nice guy white night for being shallow.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Caganer posted:

My [26 F] company is threatening to fire me over my hair. How do I explain to my employers [40s? F+F] that it looks this way due to a medical issue?

This is new, usually these policies are deployed as a license to not hire black people.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

zakharov posted:

This is new, usually these policies are deployed as a license to not hire black people.

she does say she has "frizzy" hair, I was wondering if she herself was black

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Caganer posted:

probably worry less about saving your job with the boss who's decided being management means they're the mad emperor of their own tiny kingdom and will demand off with your head for having a crooked nose in a week, and more about using your remaining paid work time to search for new jobs

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Yes, yes it is, not every guy is a weeping mass of tears when they start going bald. Also the wife is being a bitch, if the roles were reversed & he complained about something minor like her not shaving her legs, he’d be raked over the coals by every nice guy white night for being shallow.

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. I meant is it weird to insist that you be attracted to the person you are about to marry. I'm not saying being bald is automatically unattractive, but if it really is a deal breaker for this lady maybe she shouldn't marry him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My wife [26F] suddenly wants me [28M] to switch jobs from skilled trade to an office job. I am extremely opposed to the idea and she is refusing to listen to me.

quote:

Hey! I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting a little frustrated by this, but I'll try and keep feelings out of it and just give you an unbiased version.

I started dating Erin five years ago, and we got hitched three years ago. I was in the military at the time, but working more-or-less the same thing I do now (mechanic). I really, *really* enjoy my job. I find something weirdly relaxing about just tuning out the world and focusing on making a broken car not broken. And getting paid to do that is even better. I think I have been pretty clear throughout the entire relationship that I like what I do and I intend to keep at it until I am physically unable to work on cars anymore.

Erin is a wonderful girl and I absolutely wouldn't want anyone else as my wife, please don't take anything I say to mean otherwise. But she had a hard time nailing what she wanted to do in life. She went to college for a while, decided she didn't like it, now she works in a "creative" field. She seemed happy with her place in life and never gave any indication she was unhappy with mine.

And I should note, we are not hurting for money. Between the two of us we are doing just fine financially.

So anyway, we were cuddling on the couch last week one day after we both got home, and out of nowhere she mentions her brother-in-law, Joey. Joey works office life for a certain well-known company in our city. Erin told me that Joey had mentioned some openings in his office, and he could get me an inside track if I was interested. I'm technically qualified due to some side-stuff I did in the Army, but those skills are well-rusted. And I don't want to go work there anyway.

Erin told me this and then asked me if I'd be interested and I told her "Um, no, not really". I think I was just kind of surprised that she would even ask considering I already have a career I'm interested in and honestly I haven't made any real effort to hide some mild contempt I have for the "corporate environment" (No offense to anyone who works there, just a personal thing).

Erin seemed kind of disappointed by me turning it down. I asked her what was bothering her and she said "Well it was just really nice of Joey to make us the offer and I hate to tell him no." I told her I also appreciated Joey trying to hook us up (And I do), but I would hope he would understand not wanting to turn around and leave a career you love.

Erin let it go for a short while, but she keeps bringing it back up. She talks about how I would make more money, which is technically true but it's only a difference of like, $200 a month, and it is well-worth that much to not have a job I hate, in my opinion. And as I said, it's not like we're hurting for money.

Then Erin will bring up how much "nicer" it is working in an office. Clean, Air-conditioned, doesn't smell like motor oil, etc. Again, I can definitely understand why someone likes working in an office, but personally, I'd rather go stamp out a checmical fire with my face. I like where I work, where I don't have to bother shaving if I don't feel like it, I don't have to cover my tattoos, I can go out and smoke a cigarette when I want to, and I can occasionally shout a cuss word across the bay without anyone getting bothered.

Plus my co-workers are all cool as poo poo and I sincerely doubt I would find people I enjoy working with as much as them if I were to leave.

I don't know, I guess this is kind of getting on my nerves. I feel like I have been pretty clear with Erin that I don't want to leave where I work but she just will not let it go and be done. I never even raise my voice at that girl but every time she asks me about that damned job now I want to shout "NO, I DON'T WANT TO loving WORK AT [COMPANY]!!!".

And this is all so out of the blue. Before last week she never once gave me an indication that she did not like my job or my place in life, so why is she suddenly trying to make me jump tracks?

How do I get this girl to drop it with the damned office job? And this is one of those things that seems like there is some hidden root-issue, but I don't even know what the hell it is? Help?

TL;DR: After BIL offered to help me get an office job at his company, wife keeps trying to convince me to try it. I really, really don't want to and am plenty happy where I am at. She won't drop it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

chitoryu12 posted:

My wife [26F] suddenly wants me [28M] to switch jobs from skilled trade to an office job. I am extremely opposed to the idea and she is refusing to listen to me.

Honestly skilled trade jobs are plentiful enough that it's worth giving a shot. His wife wants his knees and back to still work in 20 years.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I'd bet she's more concerned about being perceived as working class.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jim Barris posted:

Yeah that's in there too.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I need to "kidnap" my best friend for his own good.

quote:

First time poster here and I wouldn't come here unless I had any other option. So here's the deal.

One of my best friends, for the purposes of this let's call him Jerry, who will be 18 in two more days, lives with absolutely terrible parents who treat him essentially like a dog. He is completely socially unaware (I'll talk about his condition later, just imagine an 11 year old in a 17 year old body), and his parents have completely manipulated him into having a crazy sense of loyalty. Now mind you, he absolutely dispises the fact that he's so loyal to them, but he is mentally incapable of seeing a life without them constantly demeaning him.

Now, I, 17 am going to be heading off to university next year and moving to a city two hours away. Toronto -> London (Ontario not the UK). Jerry, well he has a certain learning disability that his parents have tried to ignore for his entire schooling life; he never got any help and now he's taking another year of high school to graduate.

His parents are incredibly "protective" of him as well and never let him go out ever. He is essentially in a prison where his routine only includes going to school and coming back home. He is completely socially aloof but has dreams and goals which he will almost certainly never achieve if he lives with his parents.

One day when I finally took him out by tricking him into my car, me Jerry and a couple friends went a good distance away from the city. We had an incredible time; however Jerry never accepted the fact that he might not make his curfew of 4:30pm on a Saturday. Even though he admits to forgetting about his depression, his sense of blinding loyalty ensured that he wasn't willing to accept that it was best for him to move out.

Now me and my other friend let's call him Conny have devised a plan for a year from now. Conny and I are completely willing to support Jerry financially and get him going, so we plan on driving him to London and keeping him there. Conny and I are certain that his parents will try to call the police and reclaim him as their child; however he would be 19 then. We are pretty sure we could convince him that his undying loyalty to his parents needs to stop if we kept him there about three days to a week. Jerry is quite aloof so he certainly won't know how to get back(he will definitely try to) on his own but he will have a phone and he "doesn't lie to his parents" so he'll tell them all information about where he is, so essentially he's gonna tell them Conny's and my name and that he's somewhere in London.

Now, r/legaladvice what is the best course of action that I can take to ensure that I can keep my friend without facing "kidnapping" charges? Can his dad charge us? Jerry would definitely never press charges by himself, but he would try to get back to his parents at least for the first couple of days that we have him.

TLDR; friend has admitted to having severe depression due to the way his parents treat him,

Friend has it psychologically ingrained to never leave his parents. Parents are delusionally overprotective.

Friend is 18 in two days.

I want to "kidnap" him and keep him where I live until hes financially stable, I'm moving 2 hours away for college.

I need help formulating a plan to ensure this in order to make him happy again like when we were kids and rid his depression which I'm extremely concerned about.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TheScott2K posted:

Honestly skilled trade jobs are plentiful enough that it's worth giving a shot. His wife wants his knees and back to still work in 20 years.
At the low low price of destroying the marriage because he'll spend 8 hours a day hating his job and resenting his wife for what amounts to going out to eat a handful of extra times a month. What a deal!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Yes, the infamous tip off of white knighting, thinking a woman isn't obligated to shave her legs. :rolleyes:

I do think she's being a touch shallow, but everyone has different tastes.

E: this thread moves loving fast.

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 12, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

That's the entirety of it, being a mechanic doesn't gently caress up your knees and back

you're not supposed to, like, deadlift the engine right out of the car

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Is that really such a weird thing?

I just started developing a tiny bald patch and I'm already nuking it with all the treatments available to me, even though my girlfriend says she doesn't care about it. Then again, all my dreams involve combing my hair so maybe I'm a bit different.

loquacius posted:

There's a reason baldness cures have been such a goldmine for hucksters for the last several decades: they don't work

Actually it's just the FDA! Lifters (who actually research) and the French have been a head of the curve for a couple decades. Waaaay better to use a topical DHT blocker than taking fin an having your systemic levels all outta whack IMO https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/ru58841-study-results/

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jim Barris posted:

Real talk: if you depend on a wage or salary for your finances you’re in the working class, comrade

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

I need an update to this one like a fish needs water.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

TheScott2K posted:

Her sister's husband makes more money than her husband, and she's salty about it.

It's funny watching people flail while trying to keep up with the Joneses. My sister has a rich friend and she is envious as gently caress of her and her husband and it's hilarious to me. I plan to live in my current house until I die, even though my income is much bigger than it was when I first bought it. I'm cheap and I'm certainly not going to waste my money so someone else can be impressed. gently caress that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Especially not your wife’s boyfriend

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Na'at posted:

Actually it's just the FDA! Lifters (who actually research) and the French have been a head of the curve for a couple decades. Waaaay better to use a topical DHT blocker than taking fin an having your systemic levels all outta whack IMO https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/ru58841-study-results/

well if hairlosscure4u.com says the government is just too stupid to endorse rubbing weird mail-order research chemicals on your scalp for miraculous results!!!!! it must be true

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

VanSandman posted:

I need an update to this one like a fish needs water.

It was from yesterday so sadly there’s not much. Other than him reposting it in /r/UnethicalLifeProTips with the added paragraph

quote:

I posted this in r/legaladvice and got poo poo on for "don't kidnap it's illegal". I wanna clarify that I'll only drive him to my city with consent and then he can do whatever he wants. He just won't know how to get back so he'll definitely choose to stay where I am. He can't drive. I'd really appreciate sound advice 😂.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

People in the legal advice subreddit kept whining at me all like "wah wah wah kidnapping is technically illegal" like lol yeah whatever losers all I want to do is put him in a position where he can do whatever he wants in the whole wide world (but he can't go home and he has to stay on my good side or he's homeless in a strange city)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ordinarily I'm all for saving well-meaning friends from lovely parents, but depending on his "learning disability" if he's really an 11-year-old in an adult's body his parents will probably successfully argue that he lacks the competency to be considered an adult and they'll be able to have him brought back.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

well if hairlosscure4u.com says the government is just too stupid to endorse rubbing weird mail-order research chemicals on your scalp for miraculous results!!!!! it must be true

Well since I'm being called out by a real Wizard since online names lend credibility I'd better back up my poo poo with real impressive sounding sources.

A controlled study of the effects of RU58841, a non‐steroidal antiandrogen, on human hair production

RU 58841-myristate--prodrug development for topical treatment of acne and androgenetic alopecia

Novel vesicular and particulate drug delivery systems for topical treatment of acne

Turns out it works on acne too

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Ordinarily I'm all for saving well-meaning friends from lovely parents, but depending on his "learning disability" if he's really an 11-year-old in an adult's body his parents will probably successfully argue that he lacks the competency to be considered an adult and they'll be able to have him brought back.

I don't think the guy who thinks like a guy in a Martin Short comedy probably has a great bead on assessing others' "mental age"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I noticed a recently saved document that said "Open after May 21". It was a suicide note. I won't go into details but in it, he apologized for killing himself in his grandparents pool and ruining it for them.

Dear Pop Pop & Mee Maw,

By the time you have read this I have most likely poo poo your pool during my suicide, as corpses do. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but every waking moment of my life is torture.

Love,

Your Little Gub Gub

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I [27/F] walked in on my husband [29/M] cheating on me.

quote:

My husband and I have been together for seven years, married for six months. Our relationship has been, in my eyes, perfect. We had an instant connection and fell in love very quickly. We moved in together after 3 years, got engaged at 5 years, and married on our 7 year anniversary. We never had any issues, everything between us worked smoothly. It was like fitting a piece of the puzzle together.

When I met him he was having a hard time. He is in the military, and during bootcamp, his parents got a divorce. I helped him through this time and I believe that's what brought us even closer. We have been through a few deployments, and he has done well throughout each. In all, I've never had a reason or doubt to suspect anything was wrong.

We recently moved to Norfolk because he received orders to there. This was a huge decision, as my family is in California, and I couldn't imagine being away from my home. But as man and wife, I knew it was time to branch off. After we moved out here, 5 months ago, he has been acting strange. He is always on his phone, and he recently put a passcode on it. I thought this was odd, as he thinks it's stupid. I don't snoop through his phone, but he invested one of those ring doorbells. He was in the shower when the notification went off, when I went to look, that's when I noticed the passcode. I thought it was odd, and it began bugging me. When I asked, he said someone from work stole his phone as a joke and downloaded porn on his phone. I laughed it off, but still feeling odd about it. I also noticed his work hours increased.

(I am currently 24 weeks pregnant at the moment.) The next day, I made an appointment for a usual check up, however it turned out my appointment was cancelled that day because there doctor called out sick. I had missed that phone call so I had already driven to my docotors office, which isn't far from our home. I decided to stop at the grocery store before going home. In all this maybe took 45 minutes to an hour, normally I would have been gone for at least 2 or 3 hours.

When I pulled up to our driveway, I noticed a car that wasn't ours. I found this very odd so I took photo of the car in our driveway, and the license plate. I went inside and upstairs to tell my husband there was someone's car in our driveway. When I walked in, they were in the middle of having sex. My husband freaked out and confused to as why I was home early. I didn't acknowledge him, I told the other girl to get out of my home. I gave her five minutes to get our otherwise I call the police. I walked out to go downstairs and I hadn't realized her clothing was on the floor in our living room. I am thankful I did notice because I decided to take a photo of her name tape.

After she left, my husband came downstairs carrying and begging me to stay with him, that it was a mistake. I didn't believe him. I asked to see his phone, and he did. I found countless photos of her, conversations, etc. She is also married. I took screenshots of certain conversations and forwarded them to myself. In all honestly, I didn't have much to say. I asked him to leave our home or I would. He didn't want me to leave, so I packed my things and was able to stay with a friend. She was one of the first few people I met out here. I'm currently staying with her, but I do not know to proceed. I did not tell my husband where I went, and he's been texting me demanding to know where I am because I'm endangering our child. I told him I was safe and he needed to not worry. He is still texting me to come home and talk, and that he needs help and doesn't know what love is vs meaningless sex because of his parents divorce. I call bullshit.

What do I do? The obvious answer divorce, which I want, but I don't know how to proceed, how to move back home with our unborn child. My mother will be flying out here in a few days, she wants me to go home with her but I don't know if I can leave?

TL;DR: Husband, together for 7 years, married for 6 months, has been cheating on me with his co-worker, for 5 months. I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant. I want a divorce and to go back home to California but I don't know how to leave with our unborn child.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheScott2K posted:

being a mechanic is pretty safe as far as trades go, and it pays well too. whatever her problem is it isn't worth loving her husbands career

La Brea Carpet posted:

haha good on her documenting the affair, should be a pretty slam dunk case for child support and some alimony (assuming as a military wife she doesnt have a steady job)

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 12, 2018

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Leon Einstein posted:

Her sister's husband makes more money than her husband, and she's salty about it.

It's funny watching people flail while trying to keep up with the Joneses. My sister has a rich friend and she is envious as gently caress of her and her husband and it's hilarious to me. I plan to live in my current house until I die, even though my income is much bigger than it was when I first bought it. I'm cheap and I'm certainly not going to waste my money so someone else can be impressed. gently caress that.

If it's such a great job SHE should take it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Yeah when I read "mechanic" I pictured the ones at the shipyard where I work whole bodies are generally a shambling mess by 50, not an auto mechanic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

drat she go fast tracked through the military spouse lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

drat she go fast tracked through the military spouse lifestyle

Dumped for a civilian 4 but an Intel 9.