Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I had never heard the term name tape before. I guess it means like when your name is stitched on your uniform? But I like the mental image of figuring out who your husband cheated with because they're still writing their name on the band of their underwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

cumshitter posted:

I had never heard the term name tape before. I guess it means like when your name is stitched on your uniform? But I like the mental image of figuring out who your husband cheated with because they're still writing their name on the band of their underwear.

I hope they write the rank on the underwear too, and not just the name.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

loquacius posted:

People in the legal advice subreddit kept whining at me all like "wah wah wah kidnapping is technically illegal" like lol yeah whatever losers all I want to do is put him in a position where he can do whatever he wants in the whole wide world (but he can't go home and he has to stay on my good side or he's homeless in a strange city)

quote:

Lmao I'm not gonna hold him against his will for more than a week. Definitely only until I can get him think for himself and experience life away from his parents.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

cumshitter posted:

iirc the US military will punish soldiers for adultery, so she should be able to tattle on the mistress

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [27/F] walked in on my husband [29/M] cheating on me.

fun fact: you can still be court marshall'd for adultery :eng101:

edit: loving beaten like a private who stepped out on his SACRED VOWS

Clark Nova posted:

iirc the US military will punish soldiers for adultery, so she should be able to tattle on the mistress

we kid, but did you know that "do x or I'll report this crime" is technically extortion, and also a crime? the united states is a hosed up police state where simple things like "divorce me uncontested and give me obscene amounts of alimony or i'll report you to the law" is technical a crime. (hosed up but true)

Caganer fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 12, 2018

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [27/F] walked in on my husband [29/M] cheating on me.

quote:

he needs help and doesn't know what love is vs meaningless sex because of his parents divorce

Just lol they divorced when he was 22.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I [23M] was in a findom arrangement with [20s F]. I ended the arrangement months ago, and now she is back trying to blackmail me for money

quote:

I will start this by explaining what findom is. Findom means "financial domination" where I was the male submissive who had to pay to be dominated by the "Goddess" as she called herself.

This started around May this year and didn't last long, only a couple of weeks. I had been interested in findom for awhile, and now had quite a bit of cash to spend I thought I would give it a go. I contacted a findom model on instagram on my real account (first mistake I made) and we agreed to an arrangement. I paid her, she dominated me. I wasn't very interested in the arrangement and didn't enjoy it as I just seemed to be spending money and didn't really get much in return.

A part of findom I would like to add sometimes is blackmail, we discussed this and I told her that I wouldn't like to be blackmailed as I don't want my family/friends/job to find out about this, so no blackmail in our arrangement. So, when I decided that this wasn't for me I just told her that I was fired from my job and couldn't afford it anymore, she never replied to me, I had no money, I understood.

However just these past couple of weeks I started receiving payment requests frequently from her on paypal. At first I just cancelled it, but she kept sending them, so I messaged her. She told me that she had spied on my facebook profile recently since I was one of her most generous customers and saw that I have a job now, so I have to pay her again. I told her that I'm not interested in this anymore and won't be paying her anything. This is when she started the blackmail threats, she threatened to send my messages etc to my family and friends on facebook if I didn't pay up.

Now the big problem is, I'm from the UK, she's from the US so I don't think I'd get anywhere legally, but I want to resolve this situation without actually paying any money and without my family/friends/job seeing my sexual activity. Any ideas how I can stop this?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My [24F] relationship with my husband [26M] is starting to scare me.

quote:

My husband and I have been together for 8 years and have two kids under 6. Our relationship has always gone through periods of seriously rocky terrain and then periods of amazing good times...I long for stability though. My husband has always joked about screwing me in the rear. Literally. He says it is joking but he usually attempts it a few times a year without warning me and then acting frustrated and disappointed when I either cry in pain and beg to stop or when I try to negotiate it (things like we have to work up to it with lube so I’m not hollering and crying about it. He tells me that he feels bad after he does it to me but that something just “takes over him” and makes him unable to resist doing it. He will promise not to do it, then a few months or a year later, he tries it again. Mind you, it is not loving feeling to me. He is rough, aggressive, and honestly I get so scared and shook up for days after which he feels bad about but for some reason he can’t stop I guess.

Okay well just the other night, we were going to sleep and I said the usual “I love you babe, good night.” And he replied with, “that’s nice to hear. Goodnight.” I tried to just let it go so we wouldn’t argue but I couldn’t. I had spent all day deep cleaning the house and cooking his favorite meal during my day off and he came home only to complain about the kids’ air up ball pit being in the backyard killing the grass...so when he replied with “that’s nice to hear.” I got kind of upset. So I restrained my tone of voice the best I could and asked, “why do you reply with something like that when I say I love you sometimes? It makes me feel like you don’t care how I feel and hurts me.” He laughed kind of sarcastic and said “because I know you love me and you should know I love you so why do I have to say it? You shouldn’t say something in expectation of the other reciprocating, that’s selfish.” I felt really bad after that and decided to keep quiet but after about 20 min I told him I was sorry. That I just felt like I needed to feel that connection to him and that I would try to not be so needy. I also mentioned that I shouldn’t need for him to say it and apologized for putting him on the spot. He then turned over and held me saying, “ No, you do need it. I’m sorry too. Sometimes I just say something I know will bother you just to see how you will react to it. I don’t know why I do. It’s an rear end in a top hat move, I know...I’ll try to not do it.”

After he said that. I felt like my skin prickled up. As if I were afraid or something of him suddenly. I asked him why he would want to cause me discomfort on purpose like that because I couldn’t understand...but he just muttered something and told me to go to sleep.

This whole conversation makes me feel like that perhaps this whole time we have been together, maybe I am too weak or something and he trying to make me tougher. I don’t know. At the same time I am afraid that his inability to control himself about physical things that hurt me and emotional like this will lead to me leaving him...because right now I feel fried and like I am going insane sometimes...as if I live only to try to make things good between us or try to connect but I can’t.

Help me make sense of this reddit. Tell me what to do. He won’t do marriage counseling because he says they just tell him he’s a bad guy and wrong. (They just tell him to not do things like about because it hurts relationships but he says people should be loyal to each other no matter what if they are in love). He won’t talk in depth with me about our problems because he says I am just making it out to be worse than it is and calling him a bad guy too. Then he dismisses me telling me to just leave him alone because I made him mad by asking. I feel terrible most of the time. I am so stupid I can’t even talk to my husband without pissing him off. I tried I statements etc. regular psychologists won’t see me unless I leave him. I make it through one session before they (all three) say they can’t help me until I get a divorce but drat it other people fix it don’t they?

TLDR: husband has said some things that I don’t know how to deal with in orders to fix our biggest relationship issues.

Jeez I feel bad for this woman. She’s been with this guy since she was 16, and most likely doesn’t understand the full extent of what a massive piece of poo poo this guy is.

‘Hi Reddit, my husband anally rapes me because he ‘can’t control himself’, constantly puts me down and deliberately negs me. Why am I so stupid and doing everything wrong? Three psychologists have told me to GTFO, but how can I make this work and stop upsetting him?’

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Caganer posted:

I [23M] was in a findom arrangement with [20s F]. I ended the arrangement months ago, and now she is back trying to blackmail me for money
What exactly do I need to do in order to get men to send me their money? Do I just pretend I'm a woman spending all his money on manicures and binkini waxes and he cums?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think the security camera in my [19/F] house is ruining my relationship with my new boyfriend [21/M]

quote:

Okay this is going to be a very ridiculous story to some of you but I advise you I am serious about it.

My parents very recently installed a security camera inside my condo (I am living away from home for university, about three hours away from them). At first, it was for security reasons but now I feel like they're "keeping an eye" on me. I very recently talked to them about how it makes me feel uncomfortable being watched and they told me that it wasn't for them to watch me, but for security and "peace of mind". They are paying for my rent so I can't do very much about it. It sits facing the living room and front door.

My boyfriend of three weeks came over to visit me the other night (I've known him longer, but it has "officially" been three weeks). He stayed until about 1 AM. We stay in my room, which is not recorded, but my parents can see if he enters. He told me the security camera made him feel uncomfortable. Ever since then, I've felt that it might be a threat to our new relationship. I want him to feel comfortable when he stays over, but at the same time, I am kind of in an awkward position. Well, my parents found out that he was over and brought it up in a stern but nonchalant manner about how he shouldn't come into the bedroom at night, but he has stayed over a few times (outside of their knowledge).

This is driving me insane because it feels like I'm being forced to choose between my boyfriend and respecting my parent's decisions. At the same time, it feels as if my parents are becoming obsessive as they often monitor my behavior. I don't understand why they all of a sudden decided to keep an eye on me, but I want to know if their decision to install a security camera is justified.

I have turned off recording through the night, but they can still see the live stream. This bothers me a lot to feel as though I've run out of choices and are deceiving my parents. I really don't want my boyfriend to feel uncomfortable, but at the same time, I don't want to disrespect my parents.

Are my parents justified in doing this? Should my boyfriend just accept it? Should I just accept it? What should I do? The relationship is still new so I don't want this camera to scare him away. I don't want to think that "if he loves me enough he will just live with it" or anything like that. I know we both deserve privacy.

TLDR: parents recently installed a security camera to keep watch on what enters and goes on in the common areas of my condo. New boyfriend of three weeks feels uncomfortable because it feels like his privacy is being invaded through being watched. I feel like I'm being torn in half to choose between my parents and my boyfriend. It also feels like my parents don't trust me, but they say it's for their own peace of mind.

:stare:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Bardeh posted:

I think the security camera in my [19/F] house is ruining my relationship with my new boyfriend [21/M]

I hope someone with some technical knowledge can rig them up to just stream a loop from like the last month over and over.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

LadyPictureShow posted:

Jeez I feel bad for this woman. She’s been with this guy since she was 16, and most likely doesn’t understand the full extent of what a massive piece of poo poo this guy is.

‘Hi Reddit, my husband anally rapes me because he ‘can’t control himself’, constantly puts me down and deliberately negs me. Why am I so stupid and doing everything wrong? Three psychologists have told me to GTFO, but how can I make this work and stop upsetting him?’

That poor woman. What a loving pig she’s married to, makes me ashamed to be a bloke.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Baronjutter posted:

I hope someone with some technical knowledge can rig them up to just stream a loop from like the last month over and over.
This is cowardly - make it goatse.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

In the thread someone introduced the OP to negging which she said was very accurate after she looked it up. Also there's this fantastic exchange between the OP and the world's most oblivious redditor. I think maybe it's the same guy who had the, "I would never tell anyone to divorce based on a single story" quote.

Redditor posted:

Something is bothering him, and he's not telling you for whatever reason.

Everyone is different in the way they deal with confrontation, so I don't know what his deal is but something is bothering him and it slips out when you talk to him.

Why, what, how? No clue, you'll have to figure that out on your own. How do you both resolve conflicts?

Edit: [I've gotten immense amounts of negative feedback on this so now I'm trying to reverse my position]

OP posted:

I usually ask him how is feeling first and what would help him in this situation. He gets angry when I ask. I do not use a tone. So then I have tried I statements such as, “when you hold me down and try to put it in THERE while I’m begging you not to, I feel scared and I don’t want to feel scared of having sex with you. Help me figure out what I should do.” That didn’t work. He got upset saying I make him sound like a monster. I have then really put my foot down once and that really did not go well at all. He was pinching me a lot and cornering me calling me a derogatory name I won’t list and laughing and I had asked him several times to stop because I was bruising, so I yelled at him to GET THE HELL OFF OF ME and shoved him off. Then I went outside to cool down. When I came inside I apologized for shoving him and asked him to please not corner me because I felt like I had no other option to make it stop. He told me violence is a choice and if I ever touched him like that again he would divorce me and take kids. I just can’t figure out the right response and it’s driving me crazy

The Same Redditor posted:

I don't want to be one of those people that speculate an entire person based on one point of view, and I certainly don't know you or him.

But, he's a dummy for telling you he will divorce you because you pushed him off from unwanted sexual advances./pinching you and cornering you. That's a straight no no in anyone's book. What is this, the 1950's?

So you don't like anal sex? That's not a problem. You don't like it, you don't do it. Period. End of transmission. Violence is a choice.. also forcing yourself into someone else is a choice, and getting angry because you got denied is a choice.

He can't talk about it without getting angry? Who cares, let him get angry. That is not your problem, your not in his head and he's got this issue that he needs to work through.

And he's not being real with you for whatever reason.

Be real with him, tell him how you feel emotion and all. Don't cater your responses to his reaction. His reaction is going to be what it is.

And on a personal note. From a married man myself, don't ever apologize for defending yourself when you feel threatened and you have asked many times to stop. That gives him power to believe he can do it again because you were sorry that you hit him when he was instigating.

Ok, enough of a rant. This is only my opinion, take what you will or none of it. But make up your own mind and do what feels good to you.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Baronjutter posted:

Seriously. That's way loving creepy.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

what are the odds daddy's a purity ball type too

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Dad: remove that disgusting image at once
Girl: okay it should be gone...check again
Dad: BFDLGJSFD
Girl: hmm I can't work this thing...try again
<repeat>

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

cumshitter posted:

In the thread someone introduced the OP to negging which she said was very accurate after she looked it up. Also there's this fantastic exchange between the OP and the world's most oblivious redditor. I think maybe it's the same guy who had the, "I would never tell anyone to divorce based on a single story" quote.

Jesus Christ. There’s more than one person reading these awful stories and deciding ‘hm, divorce might be too hasty’

The story gets worse!

quote:

OP:
We have actually been to marriage counseling twice before, years ago. When my first child was 8 months old, the baby and I both got a stomach bug. The baby and I were both throwing up all night but there was one instance in which I woke up and couldn’t make it to the trash can because baby was asleep on me. I barely managed to move the infant before I hurled all over the bed. Husband was sleeping in another room so I work him and asked him to hold LO while I cleaned up the puke. Baby wouldn’t stop crying and husband was mad I guess from being woke so he kicked open the bedroom door and stood there literally growling at me. I hurried up and cleaned it then took baby. He went back to bed. The minute I got better. I went and saw a lawyer. I left a couple months later while he was at work for his being mean. He claimed then he understood he was mean and wanted to change. We went to counseling for three months then one day he said he thought we were better (it was wonderful too!) only for him to go right back to this just two months after we quit while still telling me I’m “keeping track of his wrongs” when I pointed out that we were skipping into our old pattern of nastiness the last time I left. Some friends were trying to get me out because once again we were in this rut where I couldn’t seem to get him to come around to see that he’s hurting me. That time, he threatened to divorce me and take our kids. Told me I was cheating because one of the friends in the group helping me was a dude. And no. Not at all. He blames me for both times I left. Telling me he doesn’t trust me because I betrayed him and that he can’t quite heal from all of that so that’s why he lashes out sometimes. It confuses the crap out of me. When I gently mention that I should leave for his benefit then, he says he loves me and if I love him, I’ll stay.

Other:
“I couldn’t seem to get him to come around to see that he’s hurting me”

He knows he's hurting you. He enjoys hurting you. Please think about that.

Other:
“Some friends were trying to get me out”

You need to contact those friends again, and you need to get out AND STAY OUT.

Please start taking the steps to do this. Reach out to the support system you have. Contact local shelters and women's groups to find out what resources are available to you.

You REALLY need to get out before this escalates further and you (or your kids) end up dead.

OP:
I haven’t been able to speak to those friends because I agreed I’d delete all social media when he found out in exchange for him not leaving...he doesn’t know about Reddit and I just made it because I have no one to talk to. It’s to the point i don’t know what to expect or how many things work anymore.

And that dumb-dumb you posted edited in a rebuttal:

quote:

Edit:

Listen people, he's a grade a douche nugget, and as the OP is adding additional information into this thread that was not available when I made this comment, it is clear that he owns and operates the douche nugget factory. In fact, he's probably rejecting the douche nuggets that aren't douchy enough to get past the QA inspection. Why is he a douche nugget? Dunno, maybe hats his personality, maybe he doesn't like where he's at in life and takes it out on you??

As I said, everyone deals with confrontation differently, OP included. OP is married and has children with this guy. Sorry OP. You need to take care of yourself your way... some of the suggestions here may be right, some may be right for you, some might be right for other people.

And some of the people on these people on these threads will raise a pitchfork if they even smell a hint of abuse, which is fine, because sometimes it takes someone else telling you what's happening before you realize it.

When your on the outside it is as clear as day as what's going on. But when your going through it... sometimes it's a not black and white as it seems to others, and feelings and emotions blend together with facts that distort what is actually happening.

As Iv read through some of your responses here, I think you need to have a very real conversation with yourself and decide what you want to do. Write down your issues in one column, and in another write down the resolutions you want for those issues. Do that, and then make a decision on how to move forward.

The reddit downvote brigade will make anyone who doesn't immediately raise a pitchfork seem wrong, it's your call, by I do agree you need to do something

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

What exactly do I need to do in order to get men to send me their money? Do I just pretend I'm a woman spending all his money on manicures and binkini waxes and he cums?

Seriously, hot girls get paid to dom guys without doing anything. They don’t even necessarily need to get naked. They just have to be good at dominating men who want to be dominated by women and have a lot of money to blow on it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bardeh posted:

yes her parents are absolutely using the camera to police her morality and yes she should go gently caress at his place, what the hell

Scathach posted:

Seriously. That's way loving creepy.

it's creepy but she is technically an adult and she can make decisions like turning down her parents money with strings attached or just dealing with not being able to gently caress in the apartment they pay for because they want to be the cum police

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Or she can keep taking their money and disobey anyway. I hate the common reddit wisdom of "their money, their rules". That's not how parent-child relationships work in general - the idea that you have to obey your controlling parents 100% if they pay for your college is largely paranoia - most controlling parents don't cede all control immediately because you say no once. Most of the time, you don't have to give up your parents money, just act like you are willing to. Willful disobedience should be the default response. "Their house, their rules" is only true if your parents are willing to go to court and evict you or violently harm you.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Or she can keep taking their money and disobey anyway. I hate the common reddit wisdom of "their money, their rules". That's not how parent-child relationships work in general - the idea that you have to obey your controlling parents 100% if they pay for your college is largely paranoia - most controlling parents don't cede all control immediately because you say no once. Most of the time, you don't have to give up your parents money, just act like you are willing to. Willful disobedience should be the default response. "Their house, their rules" is only true if your parents are willing to go to court and evict you or violently harm you.

According to the comments, it’s being paid for from her student loans, that are in her name, that her parents say they will pay back one day.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ugly In The Morning posted:

According to the comments, it’s being paid for from her student loans, that are in her name, that her parents say they will pay back one day.

Also she can't possibly stand up to her parents or do anything because they might not approve and that might damage her relationship with them and she HAS to be a good daughter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Extort your parents, dummy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Pick posted:

Frankly the parent-child relationship is extortion on the parent's part from the get-go and it's only fair to pull a reversal of fortune. As a reasonably successful adult child you are your parents reward for years of thankless work, start acting like the prize to be withheld that you are.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Whoa now. In that case gently caress wildly in front of the camera then smash it.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
my parents threatened to cut me off once, and my reaction was "well i have a master's, a good paying job, and am on track to retire early so uh, do whatever you like - enjoy having a lavish retirement home with zero visitors :)" and they cut that poo poo out real quick

to be clear they weren't actually paying for anything at this point they just were like we'll edit our will because you only call us once a week :rolleyes:

Frankly the parent-child relationship is extortion on the parent's part from the get-go and it's only fair to pull a reversal of fortune. As a reasonably successful adult child you are your parents reward for years of thankless work, start acting like the prize to be withheld that you are.

"parenthood is abuse" is nihilistic as heck and i want to subscribe to your newsletter

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Mom, Dad, Im feeling the call of base urges and without at least a thousand dollars in cash in the next 24 hours Ill succumb

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lmao if your parents don’t hold a valuable trusteeship over ur head

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Mom, Dad, Im feeling the call of base urges and without at least a thousand dollars in cash in the next 24 hours Ill succumb

Amazed Oscar Wilde never wrote this play

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

It’s a mutation of a reasonable rule just like the snooping thing. It’s “their money their rules” in the sense that if they catch you breaking the rules they may stop with the money so factor that risk in accordingly.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Smdh pick

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

It’s a mutation of a reasonable rule just like the snooping thing. It’s “their money their rules” in the sense that if they catch you breaking the rules they may stop with the money so factor that risk in accordingly.

Or, as I read it once in a book, "The whole point of having rules is to make you think before you break them"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yeah. the price of disobeying rules like this is to have your parents nag you about who you let in your house. the easiest solution is just to go to the boyfriend's place, assuming he lives under a roof somewhere

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Right - it's a worst case scenario, that doesn't mean it should be the first warning given whenever someone describes an unreasonable thing their parents are doing. "Move out ASAP" or 'obey mindlessly" are given as the two choices on reddit when 95% of the time, in the real world, the child learns to choose option C - disobey. Controlling parents don't just give up immediately and cut you off for good, they try another tack because they want control and letting go is the wrong direction. Ultimately I think telling a child with unreasonable parents not to disobey because they might get legally evicted is like telling them not to cross the street because they might get hit by a car. It's bad advice even if you really might get hit by a car.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pick posted:

your parents told you that if you're good you get to administer a trust for someone else's benefit? lmao

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

boner confessor posted:

yeah. the price of disobeying rules like this is to have your parents nag you about who you let in your house. the easiest solution is just to go to the boyfriend's place, assuming he lives under a roof somewhere

gently caress that. It's 100% her money, not theirs. I feel like the best option is destroying the camera and telling them to STFU. Girl needs to put a foot down now or she's going to have dating/wedding/pregnancy/baby/raising kids drama with them constantly.

I'd love to hear the other batshit things they've pulled.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They do exist

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

goethe.cx posted:

your parents told you that if you're good you get to administer a trust for someone else's benefit? lmao

Trusts are their own legal entities and even after the grantors die they have to be administered by a designated successor trustee. Typically it's a revocable living trust and when the grantor(s) dies you can do a step up in cost basis. That's when you reset the purchase price of stocks to the day of the grantor's death for the purpose of calculating capital gains.

Just power through the grieving process and install yourself as trustee ASAP from the date of death so you can liquidate with minimal capital gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Clark Nova posted:

oh yeah they'll even tack on blowjobs as a sodomy charge