Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I wish death stranding was a movie because I'd totally watch it. Instead it looks like a movie that I'll have to occasionally unpause manually

its probably just too early to show representative gameplay, im not worried. his team of ppl are always pretty focused on making gameplay fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Whatever your opinion about MGSV is it undeniably plays really well.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

sony just put up a good E3 sale if you're like me and missed the last 2 years of ps4 gaming. I know I'm getting Persona 5..... should I get Danganrompa 3 , Nioh, or Resident Evil 7 as my other game?

dangan romper 3 was my favorite game last year but you should play 1 and 2 [DO NOT PLAY the 3rd person shooter tho, well, you can if you want, it's better than gears :twisted:] tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

the last of us 2 devs have invented the camo index

“We have this concept of analog stealth. So, in other games, including Uncharted 4, when you were in tall grass or some kind of vegetation covers you, you’re completely hidden.” That’s not possible in this new Last of Us. A meter on the lower right shows the relative amount of stealth cover something provides. “The smaller the circle, the more hidden you are. You’re never fully hidden when you’re in foliage. It changes how close an enemy has to be to spot you.”

🙀🙀🙀🙀

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

dangan romper 3 was my favorite game last year but you should play 1 and 2 [DO NOT PLAY the 3rd person shooter tho, well, you can if you want, it's better than gears :twisted:] tho

I played them on the PS Vita sir!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

we want you to do some sick mortal kombat xray moves on a zombie dick. but representation is important so you can also watch your knif pierce some zombie uterus from literally hundreds of angles. we also make these lesbian teens kiss HELL yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

I played them on the PS Vita sir!

nice, it was my favorite in the series. drv3 i mean

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Completely glassy-eyed 80-hour-workweek computer science major accidentally getting radicalized by ISIS after the 15th propaganda video.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

guy at 4 monitor standing desk with each screen dedicated to r/deathlulz, ogrish, liveleak, and cartelbrazil.net eating almond milk cauliflower tendies

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

(orphaned children covered in dust and blood)

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Get this. Okay. It's But I'm A Cheerleader meets Cannibal Holocaust, but with the beautiful raw emotion of watching my wife drown.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

We're excited to bring up our consultant on the viscera this evening. Donna Murwood, everybody. Droning Texarkana voiced 250 pound blonde girl, C# coder, ex national guard, owns 8 dogs with 3 legs, glasses, dead eyes walks on stage.

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Get this. Okay. It's But I'm A Cheerleader meets Cannibal Holocaust, but with the beautiful raw emotion of watching my wife drown.

these Cliffy B. pitches just keep getting better and better

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A Serbian Game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sector_corrector posted:

these Cliffy B. pitches just keep getting better and better

lol just remembered cliffy planning out a lazy river ride through all of the e3 hall that people would ride while wearing vr helmets to advertise his furry toobin clone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

these people need to accept christ as their personal lord and savior and atone for their sins against god and gaming asap

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

these people need to accept christ as their personal lord and savior and atone for their sins against god and gaming asap

Agreed. Dubya voice Now watch this drive [rewinds worn VHS copy of Irréversible]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

My friend called me every time he found a new SSJ level of Brolly on Kazaa.

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Agreed. Dubya voice Now watch this drive [rewinds worn VHS copy of Irréversible]

lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A Serbian Game

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmAO

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A Serbian Game
I don't think Kingdom Come: Deliverance was at E3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A Serbian Game

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

We're moving the romance subquest chain to the backburner for now, *intern scrapes a cross-sectioned woman's head off the stovetop with a spatula*

Wormskull posted:

We're excited to bring up our consultant on the viscera this evening. Donna Murwood, everybody. Droning Texarkana voiced 250 pound blonde girl, C# coder, ex national guard, owns 8 dogs with 3 legs, glasses, dead eyes walks on stage.

thinking about these

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I guess the conference is basically over, right? Nintendo is still doing the treehouse and it's possible some Cyberpunk news trickles out, but other than that, I guess we're done.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace combat 7 news on Friday is the only other thing I've heard teased

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm probably going to buy Cyberpunk 2077, Smash, Tetris Effect, and maybe Sekiro. I think that'll be all I have time for next year :(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tetris effect could be cool except its on a stupid worthless gimmick/scam device aka the playstation 4 :smugbird::getin:so i won't get it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's probably coming to PC

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Late but i distinctly remember how the dead space guys were proudly saying they used real life car crash corpses as reference material for their gore

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Didn't the Brutal Doom guy use real gore pictures as textures.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the gore in the original doom came from hospital cadavers bc uhh it was either Adrian Carmack or the 4th guy who nobody remembers, who worked at a hospital and had to photograph and sketch wounds in 14 hour shifts. So he designed all the gore from memory

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Iirc also hid "lets kill niggers" rants in the games source code. Dude's police record must read like a naughty dog curriculum vitae

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

the gore in the original doom came from hospital cadavers bc uhh it was either Adrian Carmack or the 4th guy who nobody remembers, who worked at a hospital and had to photograph and sketch wounds in 14 hour shifts. So he designed all the gore from memory

Oh yeah it was Adrian Carmack. It's in Masters of Doom

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Using references is pretty common in games. Here's an interview with some artists about it.

lol at this quote

quote:

Empathy, of course, is the common thread here. If game developers could just selectively shut down their ability to empathize with other people, working on even the most violent and gruesome projects would be unremarkable. But Jungbluth does something unexpected at the end of his email: he brings up Destructive Creations' Hatred, citing it as an example of how empathizing with victims in violent games might make people more sensitive to human suffering.

“That’s one place I think Hatred has succeeded: in making players and viewers empathize with the victims,” writes Jungbluth. “While most games feature violence, Hatred successfully makes you feel the effects of it. It puts an honest, emotional face to the victim.”

His point is predicated on the notion that since Hatred requires players to take on the role of an abominable monster of a man, the game is built (intentionally or not) to elicit sympathy for the victims instead of sympathy for the protagonist.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

tetris effect could be cool except its on a stupid worthless gimmick/scam device aka the playstation 4 :smugbird::getin:so i won't get it.

All the cool kids on the block have a ps4. What, you've never played Bloodborne? The The Birth of Venus of video games???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It's probably coming to PC

vr is stupid

• Locked thread