Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I seem to recall when McNabb signed for Washington back in the day people lost their poo poo over the money the Team From Washington were going to pay him but it was pointed out quickly that they were on the hook for very little of that.

The only exception is like, Brady type deals where you sign for 4 years with like, 40 million for the first, then 1 million thereafter, theoretically Brady COULD retire after that first year I think, having mostly gotten his contract paid out in advance. But cap wizardry isn't my thing, I'm just here to shitpost and badmouth the Niners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Horney for NFC west to represent 1-4 seeds in the playoff

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The 49ers are beating the rest of the NFC West, and the season hasn't even started :smuggo:

https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/1006649812073238528
(From Bush's time with the 49ers)

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1006668520917106688
(Former terrible 49er CB)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I bought a knockoff Richard Sherman 49ers jersey so if my visit to Seattle later this summer still happens I'm prepared :q:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

The 49ers are beating the rest of the NFC West, and the season hasn't even started :smuggo:

If I were the Redskins and their lovely loving field I would take notice of this judgment.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I bought a knockoff Richard Sherman 49ers jersey so if my visit to Seattle later this summer still happens I'm prepared :q:

I wore my Marshawn Lynch jersey to my client site down in the bay area last time I was there. I got more "hey cool a Seahawks fan, me too!" And only one person gave me a hard time about it. You're more likely to get poo poo on if you go the suburbs like Everett or Renton, but Seattle has so many transplants no one really cares.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Former Colts GM Ryan Grigson lands with Seahawks

:allbuttons:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lmao this dude is freshly fired by the Browns and made the Colts the shallow, talentless team they are today. Of course the Seahawks are interested, too loving perfect

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I've never been more convinced that monkey paws actually exist and one was found by someone from the greater Seattle area around 2012

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

lmao this dude is freshly fired by the Browns and made the Colts the shallow, talentless team they are today. Of course the Seahawks are interested, too loving perfect

Who better to help fix our o line?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

seiferguy posted:

I wore my Marshawn Lynch jersey to my client site down in the bay area last time I was there

Well that's what you did wrong: you chose the single most universally likable Seahawk in history who's a former Cal player anyway.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Tweak posted:

I've never been more convinced that monkey paws actually exist and one was found by someone from the greater Seattle area around 2012

At least we managed to get one Super Bowl win out of it. Nevermind that I'll probably never see another good Seahawks team in my lifetime. :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/MockingTheDraft/status/1007040351553703936

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Fun fact: It's been better than SF's in every single one of those years. And we also never went 2-14.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 14, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Fun fact: It's been better than SF's in every single one of those years. And we also never went 2-14.

https://twitter.com/GoldBlooded44/status/1007050634317582336

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Once again: I agree that it's extremely painful to almost suck as bad as the 49ers.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Sometimes when the mind wanders I imagine a season so bad that I have to get all my joy out of offseason news and I want to just put my head in the oven

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Man I almost thought this was going into hot take territory saying they were team cancers bringing everyone down.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sometimes when the mind wanders I imagine a season so bad that I have to get all my joy out of offseason news and I want to just put my head in the oven

Start preheating for that third place nfcw finish

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
God grant me the confidence of 49er fans who bring up another teams potential for a 3rd place division finish lmao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You seem angry and prone to lashing out... have you tried the 2018 seahawks method of cleaning your room and being more like a raving lunatic misogynist/lobster to calm down? Or whatever the seahawks 2019 method to center yourself will be. Which is whatever new hc brian schottenheimer decides to fart out. I dunno, think of 6 yard curls on third and ten? Maybe that'll help?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I will pinch the everloving poo poo out of you, buckeroo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I will pinch the everloving poo poo out of you, buckeroo

I understand. It must be hard being the Nelson Muntz of the division

https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1003727106474274817

lol jbp is borderline insane what was carroll thiking

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Boeing spends billions of dollars every year in R&D attempting to create surfaces as smooth as Pete and Jordan's brains.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He's probably just a moron and forgot about him but I like to imagine that he memory-holed Jimbo as a bully who is clearly higher on the Lobster rankings because his incel fans would remember that Jimbo cucked Bart.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Someone please change the Seahawks logo into a lobster, TIA

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benny the Snake posted:

Someone please change the Seahawks logo into a lobster, TIA

49ers could be The Crabs, Rams would be Catfish, and the Cardinals become Fossilized Sea Turtles, which would have been more appropriate when Palmer was their QB, but still kinda works thanks to Fitz.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I just got my knockoff Jimmy G jersey in the mail the other day, my body is ready for 19-0.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Sharing that Schottenheimer.gif lead my Seahawks homer friend to go off on how I don't understand the improvements they have made this year and led to a bet that if they are worse on offense this year, he will drink a pint glass of Jaegermeister. I feel like that's money in the bank

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cancel the parade.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/8432288-181/49ers-quarterback-jimmy-garoppolo-struggles

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lol you read a Cohn article.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah no poo poo jimmy garappolo is bad

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

poly and open-minded posted:

Sharing that Schottenheimer.gif lead my Seahawks homer friend to go off on how I don't understand the improvements they have made this year and led to a bet that if they are worse on offense this year, he will drink a pint glass of Jaegermeister. I feel like that's money in the bank

Jesus christ, just imagining drinking a pint of jeager makes me nauseous. Also that is such a dumb bet before we even see what the team looks like in preseason. I too am more optimistic than most about the Seahawks this year but no need to play with your life like that

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Hopefully this David Johnson contract gets worked out sooner rather than later. ~some computer algorithm~ says he's worth $9.2M/yr. Keim seems to think it'll all work out

quote:

"I don't think there is any question David is one of our core players and someone we look forward to having a long-term future with," Keim said, "[It's] no different from in the past when we've rewarded players like Pat Peterson, Chandler Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer, just to name a few.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Seahawks aren't really any worse off on offense, letting Paul Richardson walk was dumb, but the running back situation is better maybe? The defense is going to get way worse if Thomas walks. The issue is Pete Carroll made two really loving stupid coordinator hires.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jimmy G is actually really bad at the deep ball, it's a known thing. Last season Handsome Jimmy completed only one deep ball out of 12 attempts, and I'd bet it wasn't even that deep. His release isn't well suited to that throw because he sacrifices accuracy for speed of release. On short to intermediate throws you don't really notice the accuracy problems (sometimes you do, Goodwin saved Jimmy's rear end a couple times coming back to the ball) but on deep throws they come out clearly. His deep passes tend to take a high arc, flutter and then fall short or go long which is pretty scary for maintaining possession.

A lot of 49ers stans insisted that his deep ball problems were due to not knowing the playbook or having a good connection with the receivers; that's pretty much bullshit, once you've decided to throw the pass the playbook makes no difference, the only question is can you hit your guy or at least give him a chance. Usually the answer was no.

Shanahan's offense is pure west coast and he wants efficiency, he wants short passes to playmakers in space, he wants the ball out of the QBs hand. Most of the passes he calls will be well within ten yards and usually within five. The deep ball doesn't really come in there. HOWEVER, sometimes you want or need to take a shot. Moreover, if defenses know that his deep ball is garbage they can bring more pressure at the line of scrimmage and use more cover 1/cover 0 looks. If you can't punish them for aggressive defensive playcalling then they'll crowd the line of scrimmage and bring more pressure all the time.

Shanahan can probably minimize the damage here, but personally I hope Jimmy get it together and figures out how to make it happen. It'll be real tough if defenses refuse to respect the deep pass.

DariusLikewise posted:

The Seahawks aren't really any worse off on offense, letting Paul Richardson walk was dumb, but the running back situation is better maybe? The defense is going to get way worse if Thomas walks. The issue is Pete Carroll made two really loving stupid coordinator hires.

Yeah the offense is close to the same, maybe the O line and RB situation will be better. The TE/WR situation is definitely worse. But those hires are absolute head-scratchers. Ken Norton is responsible for the Raiders defense of the last two years (even in their awesome 2016 season they were 26th in yards allowed). He wasn't working with great personnel but he's also getting a gutted defense in Seattle. Brian Shottenheimer destroyed the Georgia offense, going from 8th in scoring offense to 85th in one season. He wants to use the run to set up the deep ball, the only problem being that the team can't run for poo poo. It certainly looks like a trainwreck but we'll see how it plays out.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

A lot of 49ers stans insisted that his deep ball problems were due to not knowing the playbook or having a good connection with the receivers; that's pretty much bullshit, once you've decided to throw the pass the playbook makes no difference, the only question is can you hit your guy or at least give him a chance.

This is wrong as gently caress. If you don’t think timing and familiarity with the WR are important for a deep pass, you are bad.

That said, Jimmy’s deep balls are not great, but he definitely makes up for it in other ways.

:bigtran:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 15, 2018

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Happy International Lobster Day, fellow Seahawks fans. Remember to clean your rooms and pedantically debate Disney movies.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

This is wrong as gently caress. If you don’t think timing and familiarity with the WR are important for a deep pass, you are bad.

That said, Jimmy’s deep balls are not great, but he definitely makes up for it in other ways.

:bigtran:

I more was talking about not knowing the playbook, but you're right a good connection is important to get the timing right. Juding by his misses though it seems like there are much more fundamental problems going on there. Although it's easy to think otherwise, Handsome Jimmy is not a god.

He's just a beautiful, amazing man with many godlike qualities :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I mean if we're getting technical, he's the mortal lover of Aphrodite

• Locked thread