Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cerebral Bore posted:

You do seem to miss the obvious implications, though.

Not really, no.

quote:

Like right here. What the gently caress is this horseshit framing? Centrists don't give a poo poo about pragmatism, as made obvious by literally everything they've done since 11/9.

I've never met someone who loves Manchin outside of WV. The most strident people who about Swearingen from the Dem side are generally saying "you're loving things up and a Republican is going to win". Which is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jaxyon posted:

You think the average Dem voter loves inequality?

The average dem voter lives in a coastal enclave and does not give a poo poo about income inequality.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

Not really, no.

I've never met someone who loves Manchin outside of WV. The most strident people who about Swearingen from the Dem side are generally saying "you're loving things up and a Republican is going to win". Which is different.

And they're lying. Which is what you don't get. Which is extremely dumb.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Are you European or do you mean November 9th?

Day after the 2016 election.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Are you European or do you mean November 9th?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveXB_-W3HM&t=45s

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Matt Zerella posted:

The average dem voter lives in a coastal enclave and does not give a poo poo about income inequality.

Naive, dude.

Cerebral Bore posted:

And they're lying. Which is what you don't get. Which is extremely dumb.

I realize you have to convince yourself that all Democratic voters are basically the same as republicans in order to keep up with hating them as much or more than Republicans, but your brain problems don't make me dumb.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Seyser Koze posted:

Day after the 2016 election.
It's me, I forgot 11/9

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Jaxyon posted:

No, liberals don't love Manchin. Many hate him and want him primaried. Most feel he's a necessarily evil because he's the only Democrat that can currently win that seat in WV.

If your choice is between a poo poo guy and a white supremacist, yeah vote for the poo poo guy if it's a close election.

Manchin is proud to have voted for the border wall. He’s not a full on Nazi, but he is explicitly helping white supremacy.

Jaxyon posted:

Black folks who have a choice between two racists often stay home. But black folks who have the choice between a lovely Democrat and an openly racist gently caress generally go out and vote hard for the lesser evil. Because they will be directly get hosed by the racist.

Black person here. A lot of us are frustrated with Democrats because despite us voting for them again and again, they barely do anything to help us. How many are trying to legalize weed and expunge records for those who got caught with weed? How many are trying to end the war on drugs? There’s a bit now, but when they were in power, they didn’t try to do poo poo.

That said, we recognize the difference between systemic racism that perpetuates white supremacy and advocates of white supremacy. Dems aren’t trying to dismantle the former in any meaningful way.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

theCalamity posted:

Manchin is proud to have voted for the border wall. He’s not a full on Nazi, but he is explicitly helping white supremacy.

Yes, he's poo poo, I know he's poo poo.

quote:

Black person here. A lot of us are frustrated with Democrats because despite us voting for them again and again, they barely do anything to help us. How many are trying to legalize weed and expunge records for those who got caught with weed? How many are trying to end the war on drugs? There’s a bit now, but when they were in power, they didn’t try to do poo poo.

That said, we recognize the difference between systemic racism that perpetuates white supremacy and advocates of white supremacy. Dems aren’t trying to dismantle the former in any meaningful way.

Yeah, I realize that black folks aren't a monolithic entity on the issue, and and I realize why a lot of black folks don't vote rather than voting for Democrats.

I'm working off of the hypothetical given.

The question is, do you attempt to change Democrats at all, or do you let Republicans win and hope you can do a parallel party or that eventually with enough power in Republican hands, suddenly a challenger appears. I think the latter is a pretty big risk, even if I don't think the former looks like a really poo poo path.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

Naive, dude.

I realize you have to convince yourself that all Democratic voters are basically the same as republicans in order to keep up with hating them as much or more than Republicans, but your brain problems don't make me dumb.

The mask is slipping awfully fast here.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Yes, he's poo poo, I know he's poo poo.

Yeah, I realize that black folks aren't a monolithic entity on the issue, and and I realize why a lot of black folks don't vote rather than voting for Democrats.

I'm working off of the hypothetical given.

The question is, do you attempt to change Democrats at all, or do you let Republicans win and hope you can do a parallel party or that eventually with enough power in Republican hands, suddenly a challenger appears. I think the latter is a pretty big risk, even if I don't think the former looks like a really poo poo path.

We’ve been trying to change Democrats, but it’s hard to be listened to when the party knows we can’t go anywhere else. We’ve been hampered by people saying that we must vote for the lesser evil. We get browbeaten to vote Dem every time because who the gently caress else are we going to vote for?

Honestly, blaming apathetic voters is condescending. The Democrats are letting the GOP win by not being substantially better. The Dems in power now know what they need to do, they just don’t want to do it. They’re not dumb, they’re cowardly and corrupt. Voting again and again for cowardly and corrupt Dems isn’t helping.

EDIT: If you know Manchin is poo poo, don’t defend him. Let’s stop protecting lovely people simply because they are Democrats.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

theCalamity posted:

We’ve been trying to change Democrats, but it’s hard to be listened to when the party knows we can’t go anywhere else. We’ve been hampered by people saying that we must vote for the lesser evil. We get browbeaten to vote Dem every time because who the gently caress else are we going to vote for?

Honestly, blaming apathetic voters is condescending. The Democrats are letting the GOP win by not being substantially better. The Dems in power now know what they need to do, they just don’t want to do it. They’re not dumb, they’re cowardly and corrupt. Voting again and again for cowardly and corrupt Dems isn’t helping.

I'm not blaming apathetic voters. I'm saying I understand why people are apathetic. I already said that I agree that having 2 poo poo candidates drive voting down long term.

I also agree that lesser evil voting sucks and having no other options sucks.

quote:

EDIT: If you know Manchin is poo poo, don’t defend him. Let’s stop protecting lovely people simply because they are Democrats.

When did I defend him? Explaining why people react a certain way isn't defending him.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

I'm not blaming apathetic voters. I'm saying I understand why people are apathetic. I already said that I agree that having 2 poo poo candidates drive voting down long term.

and then you go ahead and insist people buy into lesser evil bullshit. they have other options. like not voting for evil democrats. your lesser evil strategy is completely deficient and hasn't helped in 20 years.

dude already told you this poo poo though, and you completely loving ignore him and say "whelp, that sucks! vote dem!! :downs:"

for some reason you imagine you're an ally to disenfranchised groups and then have the gall to condescendingly ignore everything they tell you and insist that "no! i'm right! now keep following this failed policy for the next 40 years and it will eventually pay dividends!"

quote:

When did I defend him? Explaining why people react a certain way isn't defending him.

every loving time you say that he's a lesser evil worth voting for. he's not. he's a racist, sexist, homophobic shitbird that stands counter to everything you claim to want the dem party to be. and you can't help but advocate for voting for the shitlord and pretending that no other option was available

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

and then you go ahead and insist people buy into lesser evil bullshit. they have other options. like not voting for evil democrats. your lesser evil strategy is completely deficient and hasn't helped in 20 years.

dude already told you this poo poo though, and you completely loving ignore him and say "whelp, that sucks! vote dem!! :downs:"

for some reason you imagine you're an ally to disenfranchised groups and then have the gall to condescendingly ignore everything they tell you and insist that "no! i'm right! now keep following this failed policy for the next 40 years and it will eventually pay dividends!"

every loving time you say that he's a lesser evil worth voting for. he's not. he's a racist, sexist, homophobic shitbird that stands counter to everything you claim to want the dem party to be. and you can't help but advocate for voting for the shitlord and pretending that no other option was available

Your strawman of what you want me to have said is different from what I've actually said. Sorry dude.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

Your strawman of what you want me to have said is different from what I've actually said. Sorry dude.

no, it's really not. here, i'll quote your response for you:

Jaxyon posted:

you offer empty sympathy, and then cast him as not having a choice, despite him saying that the lesser evil strategy is failing him and that he doesn't feel it should apply anymore. he feels he has another choice, and you insist he doesn't.

you ignored what he said and asserted, once again, that you are right that the lesser evil is the only valid option.

stop condescending to people you supposedly support

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

I do have another option. I can vote third party or not vote for a bad Dem. THAT is the lesser evil.

quote:

You called him a lesser, necessary evil, no?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

no, it's really not. here, i'll quote your response for you:

you offer empty sympathy, and then cast him as not having a choice, despite him saying that the lesser evil strategy is failing him and that he doesn't feel it should apply anymore. he feels he has another choice, and you insist he doesn't.

you ignored what he said and asserted, once again, that you are right that the lesser evil is the only valid option.

stop condescending to people you supposedly support

Yeah because arguing who's the better friend of the self-identified black poster isn't condescending.

theCalamity posted:

I do have another option. I can vote third party or not vote for a bad Dem. THAT is the lesser evil.

You sure can. I'm arguing that people who choose a different way are not the enemy.

quote:

You called him a lesser, necessary evil, no?

I said he's the lesser evil, and that he's probably the only Dem that can get elected in WV right now. Swearingen was 100% a better person but she's not on the ballot.

If it's close, I'd vote for him, even if I didn't like it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah because arguing who's the better friend of the self-identified black poster isn't condescending.

:rolleyes:

i didn't say anything about myself jaxyon. i pointed out that you were ignoring his point of view. and i pointed out that makes you not quite the friend to the disenfranchised you've been claiming you are

quote:

You sure can. I'm arguing that people who choose a different way are not the enemy.

this is an entirely different tune than you've been singing the whole thread, where you claim that people that choose a different way are abandoning minorities and the disenfranchised. which is it jaxyon?

quote:

I said he's the lesser evil, and that he's probably the only Dem that can get elected in WV right now. Swearingen was 100% a better person but she's not on the ballot.

why would you vote for a racist at all if you want the dem party to not be racist? also, swearengin is not on the ballot cause the dems rigged the primary against her for said racist

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 13, 2018

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

i didn't say anything about myself jaxyon. i pointed out that you were ignoring his point of view.

quote:

this is an entirely different tune than you've been singing the whole thread, where you claim that people that choose a different way are abandoning minorities and the disenfranchised. which is it jaxyon?

You're confusing your strawman of me with what I'm actually saying.

What I've been saying is that both sides accuse each other of abandoning minorities. Everyone, including minorities, have people that support each tactic.

quote:

why would you vote for a racist at all if you want the dem party to not be racist? also, swearengin is not on the ballot cause the dems rigged the primary against her for said racist

Are you saying that Democrats committed voter fraud to make Manchin win by a large percentage, or that they supported a lovely candidate in the primary because they thought he could win/owed him a favor/corruption/whatever, and he won it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Good lord dude stop. You are insanely tedious.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

that's the best you can respond with? for a guy who claims he's being stawmanned all the time, you sure do like to throw strawmen around when you're called out. also you seem to like projection, though that's less surprising considering your affinity for voting for racists.

quote:

You're confusing your strawman of me with what I'm actually saying.

What I've been saying is that both sides accuse each other of abandoning minorities. Everyone, including minorities, have people that support each tactic.

no jaxyon, i'm literally paraphrasing you from yesterday:

Jaxyon posted:

Are the folks who are going to be in prisons, disenfranchised, denied civil rights, going to OK with the gamble you took on their backs?

that's not you saying that both sides accuse the other of abandoning minorities. that's you literally claiming that i'm doing that by not voting the way you think i should vote

quote:

Are you saying that Democrats committed voter fraud to make Manchin win by a large percentage, or that they supported a lovely candidate in the primary because they thought he could win/owed him a favor/corruption/whatever, and he won it.

they bankrolled him, used media connections to blackout his opponent, and every other institutional advantage the democratic party as a whole could give him. hth

Condiv fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 13, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm voting Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Cynthia Nixon in NY primaries and if neither of them make it to the general im not voting for Cuomo or Crowley and if you think I'm part of some problem you can kiss my grits because Cuomo and Crowley are corrupt shitbirds.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm voting Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Cynthia Nixon in NY primaries and if neither of them make it to the general im not voting for Cuomo or Crowley and if you think I'm part of some problem you can kiss my grits because Cuomo and Crowley are corrupt shitbirds.

not to mention that the dem party is rigging poo poo in favor of cuomo and crowley as well. it doesn't get more nakedly obvious when perez says that the party should stop interfering in primaries and then he turns around and endorses cuomo when the primary hasn't even finished.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Condiv posted:

not to mention that the dem party is rigging poo poo in favor of cuomo and crowley as well. it doesn't get more nakedly obvious when perez says that the party should stop interfering in primaries and then he turns around and endorses cuomo when the primary hasn't even finished.

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to em.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Go tell that to the ones who say that I’d sell out minorities by not voting for a racist.

quote:

Manchin is not an ally. He’s racist and a bigot. He proudly said that he voted for the wall and wanted Mexico to pay for it. He supports DOMA and when Obergefell got decided, he grudgingly put out a statement saying that WV will follow federal law and the decisions of the Supreme Court. He is not a lesser evil: he is an evil. And by voting for him, YOU are gambling on the lives of the disenfranchised.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

no jaxyon, i'm literally paraphrasing you from yesterday:

that's not you saying that both sides accuse the other of abandoning minorities. that's you literally claiming that i'm doing that by not voting the way you think i should vote

That's in response to the idea your specific idiocy:

Condiv posted:

then so be it. we can't correct the course of the party without taking risks. the dem party has made drat sure of that.

Where you cavalierly decided that allowing any opposition to Republicans to become so weak that they can't do anything was a risk you're willing to take.

You are trying to say that I mean that's my stance to all third party voting. That's a strawman, gently caress off.

quote:

they bankrolled him, used media connections to blackout his opponent, and every other institutional advantage the democratic party as a whole could give him. hth

That's not what vote rigging is.

That doesn't mean I support what they did.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

theCalamity posted:

Go tell that to the ones who say that I’d sell out minorities by not voting for a racist.

Manchin is not an ally. He’s racist and a bigot. He proudly said that he voted for the wall and wanted Mexico to pay for it. He supports DOMA and when Obergefell got decided, he grudgingly put out a statement saying that WV will follow federal law and the decisions of the Supreme Court. He is not a lesser evil: he is an evil. And by voting for him, YOU are gambling on the lives of the disenfranchised.

I sure am, with every vote. I can't see the future. But I feel that voting for people who have no chance at wining is also doing that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

That's in response to the idea your specific idiocy:

Where you cavalierly decided that allowing any opposition to Republicans to become so weak that they can't do anything was a risk you're willing to take.

You are trying to say that I mean that's my stance to all third party voting. That's a strawman, gently caress off.

no, it's not. you literally claimed that they would become that weak as a result of third party voting jaxyon. are you now stooping to outright lying about what you posted?

edit: :lol: you just connected those dots again!

Jaxyon posted:

I sure am, with every vote. I can't see the future. But I feel that voting for people who have no chance at wining is also doing that.

nice job jaxyon

quote:

That's not what vote rigging is.

i didn't say vote rigging jaxyon. i said they rigged the primary. please try to follow along with the discussion.

quote:

That doesn't mean I support what they did.

you sure seem to since you want to reward the racist trump hugger with your vote

Condiv fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 13, 2018

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

no, it's not. you literally claimed that they would become that weak as a result of third party voting jaxyon. are you now stooping to outright lying about what you posted?

No, I said "what if". You blew that of as "so be it".

quote:

i didn't say vote rigging jaxyon. i said they rigged the primary. please try to follow along with the discussion.

That's not primary rigging either.

quote:

you sure seem to since you want to reward the racist trump hugger with your vote

No, I don't want to. One of the two people in that election will win. Unless you're thinking that a huge upswell of third party votes is going to happen.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jaxyon does this every month and yet we never learn to stop responding to him.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

No, I said "what if". You blew that of as "so be it".

and then you decided to cast that as me abandoning the disenfranchised, in contrast to what you've been claiming about not actually feeling that way about people who are not voting for the "lesser" evil. nice try talking out of both sides of your mouth though

quote:

That's not primary rigging either.

it actually is.

quote:

Definition of rig
rigged; rigging
transitive verb
1 : to manipulate or control usually by deceptive or dishonest means

rig an election

try cracking open a dictionary next time.

quote:

No, I don't want to. One of the two people in that election will win. Unless you're thinking that a huge upswell of third party votes is going to happen.

that doesn't mean you have to vote for a racist jaxyon. you choose to. which means you want to

Condiv fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 13, 2018

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

sirtommygunn posted:

Jaxyon does this every month and yet we never learn to stop responding to him.

Every once in a while I try to have this conversation with the same 4 posters.

I think we're all pretty stupid.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

you're not having a conversation. you're trying to harangue people into supporting your idiotic voting "strategy". if you were intent on having a discussion, you'd have actually laid out some sort of strategy where the change you want happens even though you voted for manchin and others.

all you do is say "vote the lesser evil" and offer no path towards non-lovely dems having a say in the party.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

you're not having a conversation. you're trying to harangue people into supporting your idiotic voting "strategy". if you were intent on having a discussion, you'd have actually laid out some sort of strategy where the change you want happens even though you voted for manchin and others.

all you do is say "vote the lesser evil" and offer no path towards non-lovely dems having a say in the party.

Yeah I'm haranguing, when any disagreement with you is "well you must love racism, since you want to vote for racists and love voting for them and want to marry them.

Whatever, dude.

The path to having less lovely dems is to get more good people involved at lower levels and work up the ladder. It's slow and hard and it may not work.

It's also a viable path. That you poo poo on and harangue because you don't like it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah I'm haranguing, when any disagreement with you is "well you must love racism, since you want to vote for racists and love voting for them and want to marry them.

Whatever, dude.

The path to having less lovely dems is to get more good people involved at lower levels and work up the ladder. It's slow and hard and it may not work.

It's also a viable path. That you poo poo on and harangue because you don't like it.

we've been trying that path. and dems are blocking us with the primary rigging that you just pretended doesn't exist. again, you need to provide a viable strategy, not the same canned replies we've heard for 2 years. if you're just saying the same poo poo you were saying 2 years ago, you're not having a converation. you're lecturing and condescending. hth

edit: oh and btw, all that stuff is what we're already advocating for. fighting on all levels, getting in as many good dems as we can. the difference though is that we're not voting for the "lesser" evil since dems are rigging primaries and supporting the greater evil in primaries and trying to freeze us out at every level they can. that you don't even get that shows that you are not having a conversation in this thread. you're not listening to anyone. you're just talking down to us and haranguing us for not voting for the lesser evil.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 13, 2018

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

You're not actually having a conversation here buddy, you're just making unsupported claims and flailing about like a motherfucker when asked to defend them.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Condiv posted:

we've been trying that path. and dems are blocking us with the primary rigging that you just pretended doesn't exist. again, you need to provide a viable strategy, not the same canned replies we've heard for 2 years. if you're just saying the same poo poo you were saying 2 years ago, you're not having a converation. you're lecturing and condescending. hth

edit: oh and btw, all that stuff is what we're already advocating for. fighting on all levels, getting in as many good dems as we can. the difference though is that we're not voting for the "lesser" evil since dems are rigging primaries and supporting the greater evil in primaries and trying to freeze us out at every level they can. that you don't even get that shows that you are not having a conversation in this thread. you're not listening to anyone. you're just talking down to us and haranguing us for not voting for the lesser evil.

I'm literally going nearly line by line and replying, but I'm not having a conversation.

Met not agreeing with everything you say doesn't mean we're not having a conversation.

Here's a conversation: You seem to agree with me on everything except the viability of lesser evil voting, based on this post. I'm not haranguing, I'm telling you what I think. I think you're haranguing me and talking down to me.

Consider: Maybe we just disagree and some or both of us are being shits about it. But I bet you think it's just me and I think it may be both of us. Funny that.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

Black folks who have a choice between two racists often stay home. But black folks who have the choice between a lovely Democrat and an openly racist gently caress generally go out and vote hard for the lesser evil. Because they will be directly get hosed by the racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

I'm literally going nearly line by line and replying, but I'm not having a conversation.

Met not agreeing with everything you say doesn't mean we're not having a conversation.

Here's a conversation: You seem to agree with me on everything except the viability of lesser evil voting, based on this post. I'm not haranguing, I'm telling you what I think. I think you're haranguing me and talking down to me.

Consider: Maybe we just disagree and some or both of us are being shits about it. But I bet you think it's just me and I think it may be both of us. Funny that.

you aren't. you gave a canned reply to a question. one that required no thought cause it's been repeated since before the 2016 election. going on autopilot is not having a conversation. neither is meeting any disagreement with you with "how dare you abandon minorities!" or "yeah but i'm right so you need to vote for the lesser evil".

and no, obviously i don't agree with you on everything but the efficacy of lesser-evilism because i think it's inherently immoral to vote for racists and trump supporters, while you seem to feel duty bound to do so. that doesn't just boil down to lesser evil voting being less effective, there's a lot of reasons why i detest the very concept of your strategy of lesser-evilism. which you might've picked up on if you had been doing anything but posting on autopilot the whole time.

• Locked thread