Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
inject the anime tits straight into my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was promised witches and dragons, but I'm not seeing any dragons.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I was promised witches and dragons, but I'm not seeing any dragons.

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1006917326099308545

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh... motoi

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the weird thing about this collab is ragnard is an actual character with dialogue and stuff anyway

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Biggest falcom news of e3

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol motoi :rip:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That Karikaro girl seems to have had the metal struts of her dress riveted into place around her waist so it can't ever be taken off. People do such terrible things in the name of fashion :ohdear:.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That Karikaro girl seems to have had the metal struts of her dress riveted into place around her waist so it can't ever be taken off. People do such terrible things in the name of fashion :ohdear:.

I think she forgot that hoop skirts are supposed to be underneath the dress, not on top of it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Stories with exactly one male character are almost universally worse than stories with gender balance or all female casts. I'm not optimistic.

It isn't that a one-man story is impossible to tell well, it's more that the mindset that leads to that decision tends to make kinda gross stories

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

cheetah7071 posted:

Stories with exactly one male character are almost universally worse than stories with gender balance or all female casts. I'm not optimistic.

It isn't that a one-man story is impossible to tell well, it's more that the mindset that leads to that decision tends to make kinda gross stories

O...kay? I don't necessarily agree in this case (I think there are arguments for and against both sides of this) but is there something in particular you're referring to here?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Morpheus posted:

O...kay? I don't necessarily agree in this case (I think there are arguments for and against both sides of this) but is there something in particular you're referring to here?

The dragon witch game being posted about a few posts back

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

The dragon witch game being posted about a few posts back

Ohhhh okay I get what you're saying - not stories with just one male character, but stories with one male character surrounded by women. Oh, yeah I totally agree that poo poo almost always sucks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh yeah I guess that was unclear. Compile Heart almost exclusively makes horny games too which isn't necessarily a bad thing but increases the chances of the one-man many-women party being hosed up to almost 100%

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
What about Alpha Protocol

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually expecting the witch characters to have some kind of power level mode where they're in less than bikinis. Though I am already shocked that the dragons weren't little girls.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What with the demo tomorrow and the release date in a month, I'm gonna write up the Octopath Traveler thread. Give me your best thread titles.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

What about Alpha Protocol

You're not the only dude. Aside from the three women that you can get close enough to sleep with (though in one case 'sleeping with' is a generous term) it's more about managing your relationships with everyone to get some sweet perks.

Plus it's not skeevy as gently caress, where every woman in the game wants your dick at all times.

Plus you can make them and everyone else hate you which is arguably better.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

not only cam you make everyone hate you, you get bonuses for doing so

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It felt like nearly every PS2-era JRPG had a bland as gently caress male protagonist for the much more interesting heroine to fawn over and I really don't want that to come back

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i kinda wanna see a game with a bland as hell jrpg protag but it turns out its a cover for them being a serial killer or some poo poo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Agean90 posted:

i kinda wanna see a game with a bland as hell jrpg protag but it turns out its a cover for them being a serial killer or some poo poo

Trails in the Sky

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
alpha protocol does let you charm a bunch of women into wanting to gently caress you but also everyone in alpha protocol is meant to be kind of a complete broken weirdo so there's that at least

Agean90 posted:

that's the villains in tales of berseria

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Agean90 posted:

*in slime talk*
In our culture, they are serial killers.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Trails in the Sky

too past tense, i mean like dexter but anime

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Agean90 posted:

Baten Kaitos kinda does this.

Also the weird Wii RPG Arc Rise Fantasia.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071 posted:

It felt like nearly every PS2-era JRPG had a bland as gently caress male protagonist for the much more interesting heroine to fawn over and I really don't want that to come back

i think some games handled it well, like most of the older tales games and ffx and stuff did a good job having the dude mc at least be a character in the story, but yeah then you definitely get stuff like symphonia where the "lead" is almost entirely irrelevant to anything

i like that shadow hearts starts with yuri just being like "yeah i'm a hosed up psychopath and i listen to a loud voice in my head, just gonna warn you right now" and every interaction he has in the first few hours is him getting pissed off and wanting to punch things

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Give me an rpg where the bland male protagonist is just a supportive softboy in all the heroines' stories.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

Give me an rpg where the bland male protagonist is just a supportive softboy in all the heroines' stories.

that's tales of graces f

he also has a gay boyfriend prince

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Atelier Iris 3 sucked for a lot of reasons but I always felt betrayed that after hyping up how cool Iris was for two games they don't even let her be the main character of her own loving game

It also has actual zero story connections to the other games in the subseries

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

cheetah7071 posted:

Atelier Iris 3 sucked for a lot of reasons but I always felt betrayed that after hyping up how cool Iris was for two games they don't even let her be the main character of her own loving game

Iris 3 has a different person who just happens to look the same and also be named Iris. That's the explanation

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Terper posted:

What with the demo tomorrow and the release date in a month, I'm gonna write up the Octopath Traveler thread. Give me your best thread titles.
some modification of a line from the old Octodad trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKtJG7bDME

octopaaaaaaath, he's got a good thing goin

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Speaking of which, Octopath's about to be played over at the E3 Treehouse stream

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

In case you don't want to wait for tomorrow's demo, I guess

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

cheetah7071 posted:

Atelier Iris 3 is the only game in the Grand Phantasm subseries. In Japan it had no number in the title and Atelier Iris 2 was titled Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

Iris 3 has a different person who just happens to look the same and also be named Iris. That's the explanation

wateyad posted:

Atelier Iris 3 is the only game in the Grand Phantasm subseries. In Japan it had no number in the title and Atelier Iris 2 was titled Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2.

This is somehow even dumber than I thought

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Terper posted:

Perfectly Normal Path Travelers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best combination is one girl and a bunch of guys

proof: wild arms 3

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales games are heavily discounted on steam today if anyone hasn't played Berseria yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tales of Woe posted:

Tales games are heavily discounted on steam today if anyone hasn't played Berseria yet
oh drat it's down to $15 (that's 70% off retail)