Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

Hey guys the free market is great, capitalism is awesome! Wait where's everyone going, why do we have an orange haired buffoon blaring angry tweets running the country?

That's a feature, not a bug. You're just not rich enough to take advantage of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MRC48B posted:

That's a feature, not a bug. You're just not rich enough to take advantage of it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I like the word defenestration.

And I think it's a practice we should take up, too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i mean yeah this is really loving bad but the fact that you have an entire political party that can stonewall this with no consequence is just beyond belief

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Arrath posted:

grover tried

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

i mean yeah this is really loving bad but the fact that you have an entire political party that can stonewall this with no consequence is just beyond belief

If it makes you feel any better, Japan is doing the same thing right now, too!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/opinion/shinzo-abe-japan-scandal-land.html

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Arrath posted:

That just reminded me that there's an NCO on my BDE's staff that always mentions disseminating things but always types "decimate to the lowest level" so whenever I read his emails I imagine we're like some Roman legion that constantly murders a tenth of its soldiers at every rank for failing to perform.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mustang posted:

That just reminded me that there's an NCO on my BDE's staff that always mentions disseminating things but always types "decimate to the lowest level" so whenever I read his emails I imagine we're like some Roman legion that constantly murders a tenth of its soldiers at every rank for failing to perform.

We should really get back to these traditional values.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bitcoin continues to shed value, below $6500 now. And there's this:

Gizmodo: Researchers Reach Obvious Conclusion That Bitcoin's Price Was Artificially Inflated.
https://gizmodo.com/researchers-reach-obvious-conclusion-that-bitcoins-pric-1826805442

I love watching tulip manias die.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Gizmodo: Researchers Reach Obvious Conclusion That Bitcoin's Price Was Artificially Inflated.
https://gizmodo.com/researchers-reach-obvious-conclusion-that-bitcoins-pric-1826805442

I love that it took this long, since lots of major economists were casting doubt on Bitcoin like...what, 5 years ago?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. It's not like it even took an economist, just someone with enough sense to realize their largest exchange for a long time was named after Magic the gathering. And then it was repeatedly looted.

There was money to be made, and if you got in early, like in a pyramid scheme, you stood a good chance of getting out with something, instead of hosed like everyone holding their dicks in your downline.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 14, 2018

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Supposedly there is an unknown Aussie dude that has somewhere between 60k and 90k bitcoins, at its peak, he was estimated to be “worth”over a billion $$$$.

I’m guessing we find out who he is soon if the coins keep crashing, since my guess is that you probably throw yourself out a window when it drops under 6000.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah. It's not like it even took an economist, just someone with enough sense to realize their largest exchange for a long time was named after Magic the gathering. And then it was repeatedly looted.

There was money to be made, and if you got in early, like in a pyramid scheme, you stood a good chance of getting out with something, instead of hosed like everyone holding their dicks in your downline.

Yeah, it was always basically a penny stock that got super inflated. If you cashed out quickly, you could make money.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
This is sure an ad for a candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYurrW7GVg

I’m mobile so I’m not loving with embedding and poo poo, so suck my dick.

MOD POWERS ACTIVATE: FORM OF EMBEDDED VIDEO

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 14, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, it was always basically a penny stock that got super inflated. If you cashed out quickly, you could make money.

poo poo like this is what has me wanting to throw $100 on weed stocks just for shits and giggles. Anything I'd make on it would just go to weed eventually, and if I lose all $100, well, I'd basically just lose an ounce, which is easily what I gift out over a year in joints.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This was what always blew my loving mind

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bengy81 posted:

Supposedly there is an unknown Aussie dude that has somewhere between 60k and 90k bitcoins, at its peak, he was estimated to be “worth”over a billion $$$$.

I’m guessing we find out who he is soon if the coins keep crashing, since my guess is that you probably throw yourself out a window when it drops under 6000.

No, some aussie scammer claimed to be satoshi nakamoto so he could scam some more money. The dude that created bitcoin trashed all his poo poo when the feds started poking around.

Also mtgox hasn’t been an exchange for years, but the inflated price means that it’s bankruptcy is pretty much done and the owner is walking away with a fat stack of cash.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr. Nice! posted:

No, some aussie scammer claimed to be satoshi nakamoto so he could scam some more money. The dude that created bitcoin trashed all his poo poo when the feds started poking around.

Also mtgox hasn’t been an exchange for years, but the inflated price means that it’s bankruptcy is pretty much done and the owner is walking away with a fat stack of cash.

It helps that he did nothing wrong and also cannot avoid looking incredibly smug about it at all times.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder how many companies have been declared bankrupt and yet still been able to pay all of their creditors back in full.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gobbeldygook posted:

I wonder how many companies have been declared bankrupt and yet still been able to pay all of their creditors back in full.

plenty?

like bankruptcy is almost always about having insufficient revenue to service debt and other obligations, either they restructure or liquidate, most of the time the creditors are made whole on at the very least the principal.

lol personal bankruptcy is always a shitshow about writing down debt but bitcoiners know that

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Since y'all love eating the rich, The Atlantic has a good piece on how private equity firms are destroying the retail industry in the US.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/toys-r-us-bankruptcy-private-equity/561758/

Specifically, this line right here:

Haha what a stupid loving law.

There was an episode of The Sopranos where the dumbfuck gangsters did this to a guy who owed a ton of money.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Even some Russian officials have "concerns" about the World Cup in their home:

https://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan/...6pagenumber%3D7

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Gobbeldygook posted:

Bankruptcies can come about from a lack of liquidity, not because they can't cover all their debts. Most can't cover all their debts right this very second, if asked, but given time or a grace period can come up with the money.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/status/1007071603887362048

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Torrannor posted:

Even some Russian officials have "concerns" about the World Cup in their home:

https://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan/...6pagenumber%3D7

G...Grandma??

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So basically the opposite of what you did after WWII ladies

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Anyone who makes children fold hospital corners should be sent directly to the Hague.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
gentlemen, i regret to inform you that we may in fact be the baddies

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lol we’re putting children into internment camps

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Legit waiting for the Spanish version of Arbeit macht frei on gates

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And it's so flagrant and mean spirited that I feel im justified in worrying about "electrical malfunctions" burning the place down. And you just know the FN crowd would defend it anyway.

Vasudus posted:

gentlemen, i regret to inform you that we may in fact be the baddies

"may"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

Unpaid internmentships are as resume builder.

Plus, there's a fair amount of Americans pissed off that these look like internment complexes rather than interment complexes.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
It’s only “may” because it is so hard to goose step in a pair of real tree crocs. Once the MAGA chuds have their version of Hugo Boss then we are in for some trouble.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

It’s only “may” because it is so hard to goose step in a pair of real tree crocs. Once the MAGA chuds have their version of Hugo Boss then we are in for some trouble.

Wal-mart clothes. Faded Glory, George, and Wonder Nation for the white tykes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Legit waiting for the Spanish version of Arbeit macht frei on gates

¡Trabajo te liberá!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

You could even say we're concentrating them into a specific area to allow for easier control...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Turning walmarts into concentration camps is so goddamn american.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BadOptics posted:

You could even say we're concentrating them into a specific area to allow for easier control...

One of the first things I noticed in that picture with the beds was the ventilation pipe at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Turning walmarts into concentration camps is so goddamn american.

But only after you flipped your poo poo and called for the assassination of the black guy claiming he was going to do it ANY DAY NOW JADE HELM SHEEPLE WAKE UP.

• Locked thread