Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DaveKap posted:

So before anyone asks, here:

That explains nothing!

also

Geomancing posted:

What is that man doing to his angus?

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DaveKap posted:

I love that this got posted but not the original.

So before anyone asks, here:
https://i.imgur.com/1FozZIq.mp4

my hope was that no one would really want to ask...

:shrug:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So it's like, okay, you did that, but I can't help but wonder...why?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hulk Hogan Meat Sock

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

marshmallow creep posted:

...to have sex with it I would think...

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/yPIXouR.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/hkq6qls.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjiKQ55HHpY

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Tyranids are real?!?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I don't mean to necro a week's worth of posts but I wanted to thank the posters who let me know that pinball was in fact still a thing. That was neat to learn!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Collateral Damage posted:

Some Android phones don't let you film vertically and shows a symbol instructing you to turn the phone sideways.

e: Actually, the proper solution is that your phone always films in 16:9 regardless of orientation, and the user can choose if they want the finder image resized to fit the screen or cropped to fill the height when holding the phone vertically. Regardless the saved file would be 16:9.
There's no reason (other than slightly higher cost) not to have a square sensor and record/shoot everything 1:1 to be cropped later whatever which way.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

This is the plant that has one worst aroma in the world, right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Samuringa posted:

I couldn't speak personally (no sense of smell and never encountered Devil's Fingers), but it's related to the stinkhorn, which my wife and daughter can confirm smell like the worst kind of rank dogshit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You're thinking of the Titan arum, aka the corpse flower. Named for it's aroma which resembles the smell of a rotting corpse.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Samuringa posted:

close, Devil's Fingers and Stinkhorns are both fungi.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

You're thinking of the Titan arum, aka the corpse flower. Named for it's aroma which resembles the smell of a rotting corpse.

If routing corpse smells anything like rotting living person then it is a rather upsetting smell.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/u2O2W2d.gifv

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I may be dating myself a bit, but this seems to be an effective way to get rid of AOL trial discs.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Zil posted:

I may be dating myself a bit, but this seems to be an effective way to get rid of AOL trial discs.

and also everyone in a 10m radius

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Potrzebie posted:

If routing corpse smells anything like rotting living person then it is a rather upsetting smell.

It's worse. It triggers a revulsion response you didn't know you had.

I've only smelled half rotted animal corpses, not humans. I imagine it's pretty close to the same.

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I've only smelled half rotted animal corpses, not humans. I imagine it's pretty close to the same.

It is and I wish I could scrub my brain of it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Zil posted:

I may be dating myself a bit

Just because nobody else will doesn't mean you have to

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Picnic Princess posted:

Even though I'm super burned out of Zombies in every form of media, I'm surprised that this is never covered. This sounds like it'd be the worst part of the whole situation.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I think at that point it'd be so saturated you just would get used to it, like garbagemen do.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

Because there is no other acceptable way to eat your steak.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samuringa posted:

I think at that point it'd be so saturated you just would get used to it, like garbagemen do.

Yeah, you actually very quickly get used to environmental smells and almost kind of switch off noticing them. Even the good ones.

Nobody knows why for sure but the theory is it’s so you can always detect new smells in case it represents a threat, or a delicious house made of candy in the forest.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've definitely noticed that. My brain tunes out the smell of popcorn in my store. People comment on it all day but I cannot smell it after about 30 minutes. It's just like tuning out white noise.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Getting a real strong "goat of a thousand young" vibe here.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoroughReflectingIndochinesetiger.webm

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Would buy

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
4 balls on the edge of a-wait a second...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I once went to a homeopath who had what I can only describe as a zombie dog, and if you're telling me dead people smell worse than that I'm just going to actively do everything in my power to keep that smell out of my brain.

Poor doggy wanted to be friendly too, but there was no way I was going to touch him for fear of never washing that smell off, and also because a chunk of him would have fallen off.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

This would be a lot harder with bigger balls.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://vimeo.com/275055429

a bunch of things that will end up as gifs very soon

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/UdmBgvD.gifv

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Hey! Watch the hands there, Peter!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why is this set up in the middle of the street?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

muscles like this! posted:

He's a street performer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like he's at an intersection entertaining the drivers stuck on a red light. When the light changes he'll moved round to the next crosswalk to do similar things for the next lot of cars that have the red light.