Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PewDiePie on South Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PewDiePie on South Park

That happened and it was win.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

i always wanted to play the sequel. it seemed cool.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

etqw was cool. rip.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

extremebuff posted:

yes that is fred durst

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That time Treyarch brought Oliver North, former USMC Lieutenant-Colonel and international war criminal, in to do voice and mocap for a cameo in an 80s flashback level in Black Ops II.

Also, former 4-Star General David Petraeus was written into the game as the Secretary of Defense in 2025 (he didn’t actually cameo, though) which is funny considering the game released only three days after news about his affair with his biographer came out and started a scandal that would end his career shortly after.

Was this the one where the climax takes place on the aircraft carrier USS Obama

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Was this the one where the climax takes place on the aircraft carrier USS Obama

Yes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They really hosed up not having two of the bullet points be "Don't talk about Fight Club."

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

This looks awesome. Is this on Xbox One backward compatability?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DieTTkb6Ji8

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Abe Lincoln is a hidden character in this game and you can pit him against Fred Durst and Meat Loaf

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Insta-fail if this wasn't his prefight taunt

quote:

I’m the big buck of this lick. If any of you want to try it, come on and whet your horns.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I spent way too much time beating the SNES Jurassic Park.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Omg I had this and it was insane. Your health bar was a tattoo of a heart on your cleveage that you had to look down at

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Omg I had this and it was insane. Your health bar was a tattoo of a heart on your cleveage that you had to look down at

lmao yeah and it had the most awful controls ever. you had a whole control set for your arm and melee was done by flailing around your arm while holding a key to hold a bat or stick or whatever and shooting was the same but flailing your arm around to aim and empty the 1clip completely ineffective guns on things. holding one key to hold the gun, another to fire, and the mouse to flail

also even today no one has figured out how to get more than 10fps out of the game when it was supposed to redefine PC gaming with epic graphics, physics, and AI (btw gthe game looked like this)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

extremebuff posted:

lmao yeah and it had the most awful controls ever. you had a whole control set for your arm and melee was done by flailing around your arm while holding a key to hold a bat or stick or whatever and shooting was the same but flailing your arm around to aim and empty the 1clip completely ineffective guns on things. holding one key to hold the gun, another to fire, and the mouse to flail

also even today no one has figured out how to get more than 10fps out of the game when it was supposed to redefine PC gaming with epic graphics, physics, and AI (btw gthe game looked like this)

It's like they made a vr game but forgot they didn't actually have vr.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Trespasser LP was amazing:

https://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I like Trespasser because it was made by like, some extremely ambitious and very very dumb guys.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Last night I remembered this one time when I rented this bizarre Sega Genesis fighting game that was completely unplayable and I did some research and found it. It was called Slaughter Sport but it was a port of a 1989 PC game called Tongue of the Fatman.

It's what I imagine a fighting game written and produced by Yobgoblin would be like.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kongming posted:

Last night I remembered this one time when I rented this bizarre Sega Genesis fighting game that was completely unplayable and I did some research and found it. It was called Slaughter Sport but it was a port of a 1989 PC game called Tongue of the Fatman.

It's what I imagine a fighting game written and produced by Yobgoblin would be like.

extremely unheimlich

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Laugh...and grow fat!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Why did you post a Morrowind screenshot?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I spent way too much time beating the SNES Jurassic Park.

that game was almosy impossible because it was long with maze like fps sections while not letting you save or having passwords so you had to do it all in one run lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This games crazy. I had it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

that game was almosy impossible because it was long with maze like fps sections while not letting you save or having passwords so you had to do it all in one run lol

yeah i only beat it on an emulator and only so I could vindicate the frustration of my child-self because it's extremely not worth it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

yeah i only beat it on an emulator and only so I could vindicate the frustration of my child-self because it's extremely not worth it

same with Drakkhen, the weird 2 and 1/2D SNES RPG that was impossible to navigate or understand and continuously made terrifying vomiting noises

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

same with Drakkhen, the weird 2 and 1/2D SNES RPG that was impossible to navigate or understand and continuously made terrifying vomiting noises

I've never heard of this but I'm reading about it and it seems insane.

It was an Amiga game first which explains a lot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chance encounters with dangerous monsters are regular, and unlike many other RPGs, the player may be attacked while stationary. :psyduck:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some standout enemies are "enormous" and imposing such as the large, black, stationary canine heads that rise out of the ground and growls menacingly while shooting red energy bolts from its eyes in the event the player kicks the many urn-like markers found at some crossroads. These encounters are quickly fatal if the player's party does not run, or is not heavily armored.[4] They offer no experience points, suggesting that kicking an urn is frowned upon by the game. Another notorious enemy is the powerful "Shadow Man", a tall, dark figure that would unexpectedly emerge from the ground, accompanied by an ominous tune. Fighting this monster at an early point of the game meant certain death, which may cause confusion among new players.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The SNES doesn't use a visual compass but instead tells you which of the 360-degrees you face anytime you pause the game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drakkhen was developed by a French team, which was then translated into Japanese for the Super Famicon, which was then translated to English and further rewritten with help from the original French developers. To exemplify the telephone effect of all this, the original game contained a French translation of an Emily Dickenson poem as quoted by a mysterious teleporting wizard, and that French translation of an English poem was then translated further into Japanese for the Super Famicon version, and then translated again back into English from Japanese. The version of Miss Dickenson's poem that survived into the SNES version of the game is almost unrecognizable and difficult to comprehend.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never heard of this but I'm reading about it and it seems insane.

It was an Amiga game first which explains a lot.

Yeah, it was clearly designed for a mouse, and while you're trying to figure out what the picture of the lips does or even how you select it (because there's no documentation) a giant weird Star Fox shadow thing making laser barf noises just kills you in about 30 seconds. i beat it (using a walkthrough, i'm sure) and i literally don't remember the ending or understand anything that happened at all.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Drakkhen was developed by a French team, which was then translated into Japanese for the Super Famicon, which was then translated to English and further rewritten with help from the original French developers. To exemplify the telephone effect of all this, the original game contained a French translation of an Emily Dickenson poem as quoted by a mysterious teleporting wizard, and that French translation of an English poem was then translated further into Japanese for the Super Famicon version, and then translated again back into English from Japanese. The version of Miss Dickenson's poem that survived into the SNES version of the game is almost unrecognizable and difficult to comprehend.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It was also released as Dragon View.