Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

loquacius posted:

Everybody hates IPAs except the people who have convinced themselves they love them for unknown reasons (machismo?)

but yeah doppelbocks are basically German stouts so obviously they are fantastic, good find

Nah, people just like different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NihilismNow posted:

What? Hops is not psychoactive is it? Shouldn't matter if you have 4 shots of vodka or 4 beers.

not all beers have the same alcohol content. hoppier beers tend to be stronger than your average american pale lager session beer like pbr

you've got a spectrum from non alcoholic beers that clock in at less than .5%. then light or diet beers that usually are around 3%. your regular budweiser just standard pissbeer is around 4.5%. ice beers around 5%. IPA ranges a lot but the middle of that range is 6%. most craft beers or styles are heavy as well, then you start getting into double stouts and barleywines and belgian tripels that are over 10% and then north of that you're basically drinking thick wine

your average well known microbrew IPA like sierra nevada is typically about 1.5x stronger than high life or other "cheap" beers. so someone who definitely likes to drink a lot of craft beers and does this as a hobby is typically masking alcoholism because six or seven craft beers in a night can equal a briefcase of lovely beer in terms of alcohol

e: oh but the difference here is, hoppy beers make you smell bad. the more adulterants and flavor compounds and poo poo in a drink, the more you're going to smell like it. four shots of vodka will make you smell like nothing, four IPAs and you'll need to shower in the morning

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 15, 2018

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

All beer is terrible.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [35F] with my neighbors kids[ 5-10?M/F] newly moved into apartment complex. Problems with my own mental illness

quote:

I have severe anxiety and agoraphobic (usually don't leave the house more then 2 times a month.... have gone longer then 2 years in the past) I am in treatment and I have made amazing progress.... I also have 2 children. 1 daughter who is 5 and has autism and a son who is 5 months old. (im 25. mis-wrote title!)

anyways my problem- I live in a townhouse style 2 story. To get from the stairs to the main living floor I have to walk passed a glass door (I have yet to figure out what to put in front of door to block vision... theres no room for a rod) But my complex has alot of kids which is awesome, they ride their bikes outside and play and I can hear them having fun and no problems there. BUT there is 3 or 4 kids who come right up to my door and just stare. (I am thinking they are curious about why my daughter doesnt come out to play- there are many reasons both my own and my daughters condition)

They stare through my window, dont knock, just come close to the door and look at me. I use a mirror to figure out if they are there before I walk past and if they are there I stay put until they leave (anxiety attack style) and at my worst- refused to get off the kitchen floor until my husband got home to assure me they were gone.

I am having a really hard time with figuring out what to do with this- id talk to the parents, but my anxiety stops me from leaving the house let alone talk to a person, I havent gotten that far in my therapy yet. Anyone have any ideas?

tl;dr- Neighbors kids being creepy/making my mental illness harder to live with. Unsure what to do.

Nothing overly funny/schadenfreude about this one, I just can’t fathom not being able to leave the house for two years, or hiding from staring kids on the kitchen floor.

Agoraphobia so intense that you’re afraid/unable to leave the house is like, the super extreme form of that. I’m wondering if something traumatic happened to her.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [35F] with my neighbors kids[ 5-10?M/F] newly moved into apartment complex. Problems with my own mental illness

Nothing overly funny/schadenfreude about this one, I just can’t fathom not being able to leave the house for two years, or hiding from staring kids on the kitchen floor.

Agoraphobia so intense that you’re afraid/unable to leave the house is like, the super extreme form of that. I’m wondering if something traumatic happened to her.

My first thoughts are that she has 2 kids... one of them only 5 months. drat.

Where is the father in all this? Like I'm sure she tries to be a good mom and all but I just can't see how that is any sort of a healthy environment to raise two kids.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

All beer is terrible.

Your name is "All beer"?

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

La Brea Carpet posted:

[25F] My husband [25M] wants all attention on him at all times and if he doesn’t get it he responds with giant tantrums

“You never cut my food for me!!” Lmaoooo

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

She mentioned her husband coming home from work in one sentence, so I’m guessing she’s a stay at home mom, and he’s out there working.

That’s got to be one Hell of a strain.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 15, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hellblazer187 posted:

All beer is terrible.

It's weird. I like barley, I like whiskey, I even like beer bread, but most beers I dislike.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

loquacius posted:

Everybody hates IPAs except the people who have convinced themselves they love them for unknown reasons (machismo?)
I too think people only pretend to like pop music to fit in

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Some beers, whether IPAs, stouts, wheat, etc, are nice, but one or two and I'm starting to slur my speech. I don't really drink more than once every couple of months.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

She mentioned her husband coming home from work in one sentence, so I’m guessing she’s a stay at home mom, and he’s out there working.

That’s got to be one Hell of a strain.

Oh you are right she did I missed that.

I just can't understand having a second child in that situation. I mean what happens if one of the kids gets sick and she has to go get meds or a doctors appointment? She said she doesn't go out often so it makes me wonder how some things are getting done for these kids. The husband must be picking up all of the slack but jesus.

Stop having kids lady holy poo poo.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

Oh you are right she did I missed that.

I just can't understand having a second child in that situation. I mean what happens if one of the kids gets sick and she has to go get meds or a doctors appointment? She said she doesn't go out often so it makes me wonder how some things are getting done for these kids. The husband must be picking up all of the slack but jesus.

Stop having kids lady holy poo poo.

It’s a little confusing, because in this post she made, she mentions having to repeatedly go to the laundromat. And a possible reason she needs to get privacy panels for that door she mentioned

quote:

at what point do you give up on potty training?

My daughter is 5. She can use PECS at school, but has trouble at home. We have been working on potty training her for 3 weeks now and I am at a loss....

She is totally naked at home, her choice. She strips herself and then refuses to get dressed. (stays dressed at school though without problems) She can go on the potty, pees and poops with reminding and does really well.... the problem is the consistency...

she drinks well, and we put her on the potty literally every 10-15 minutes.... and sometimes she pees there, sometimes she pees.... on her bed.... like, floods her bed. Multiple times a day..... I literally cannot afford to go to the laundry mat to clean her sheets and matress pads as often as she goes through them- I have spent, so far this week.... $60 on just her laundry (twice/3x a day, 6$ for wash and dry.... adds up fast. we have 2 waterproof matress pads and 5 sheets. She'll go through all of this within a day easily)

She totally understands that she should go on the potty, she gets praise every time.... chocolate rewards, lots of attention etc..... she loves it so much she'll squeeze the teeniest bit out for candy and she looks so proud of herself. She can run to the potty all by herself and come and get us.... she can recognize the feeling, she can say "no" if she really doesnt have to pee. We have a solid routine everytime. We don't engage when she pees somewhere she isnt supposed too... just clean it up and go about our day.

we can't leave the bathroom door open, because she has so far flushed 7 things down the toilet and our landlord is less then pleased with the plumbing bill, she pees all over her bedroom floor and it STINKS in there now.... carpet, not ours..... steamer isnt helping, there goes the security deposit. She consantly reeks of urine.... she gets bathed nightly..... but she also doesnt seem to care if she lays in her pee on the floor.... she has a wonderful rash on her butt cheek from this.

I am at a total loss, to make matters worse.... even if I did throw in the towel.... she'll still strip off all of her clothes and pee whereever she wants too.... and I can't keep her dressed without literally standing over her while shes home, .... I have a 3 week old that also needs my attention (just to be clear, the peeing thing has been happening now for 3+ months and seems to not be in retaliation to having a sibling) She has no medical problems such as uti or anything of the like...

does anyone have any ideas here? because I feel like I am about to go completely insane...

That house sounds like Hell.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

It’s a little confusing, because in this post she made, she mentions having to repeatedly go to the laundromat. And a possible reason she needs to get privacy panels for that door she mentioned

OH MY GOD.

:cry:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wtffff

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
fuuuuuuuuuuck that

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

OH MY GOD.

:cry:

I'm no parent but can't they just get one of those big fish tanks and stick her in there? Put a pump in the bottom and a hose running out the window - sorted. Or an electric fence for cattle under the mattress for negative feedback.

For the humour impaired, those are jokes. Seriously, that house must be bedlam. She doesn't mention a partner but she'll have trouble keeping anyone who sees that squalor.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ratzap posted:

I'm no parent but can't they just get one of those big fish tanks and stick her in there? Put a pump in the bottom and a hose running out the window - sorted. Or an electric fence for cattle under the mattress for negative feedback.

For the humour impaired, those are jokes. Seriously, that house must be bedlam. She doesn't mention a partner but she'll have trouble keeping anyone who sees that squalor.

I missed it the first time but she does say she has a husband. I can only imagine how broken his brain is to let all of this go on.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ratzap posted:

She makes a quick mention of hiding in her kitchen until her husband comes home in the agoraphobia post.

E: Beaten

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Pretty sure I'd start just rubbing her drat nose in it after like, three days? Three days of a non-stop piss party seems like just long enough for me to snap, especially if I was a sleep-deprived pregnant lady/new mom.

This is why I don't have kids. I would eventually smack the poo poo out of them.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

LadyPictureShow posted:

Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

mllaneza posted:

Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
Call CPS !
She's working up to it, she might be able to make the call in 2 years, and maybe even answer the door when they come by in 5.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tendai posted:

Also, I love this thread because it enables me to avoid reading the actual Reddit sub to find good reading material for the bathroom at work. Usually I'm too far behind to comment on things in a relevant fashion though :saddowns:
:sigh: Same

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

TheScott2K posted:

Someone at New York Magazine opened the marriage. Looking forward to her husband's inevitable r/relationships post.

This lady found a way to replace her husband with her gently caress Man with zero guilt and wrote a word salad about it.

a while back but holy poo poo this is brutal

e: 4 and 8 year olds should not be playing imaginary games about "polyamory", she hosed them up pretty good lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

LadyPictureShow posted:

kids can be gross assholes for weird reasons or no reason at all. My friend has a 7 year old that suddenly started making GBS threads himself, just pinching off a loaf wherever he is and sitting in it without reacting until people start noticing the smell and have to deal with it. I saw him bounce a grogan all the way down the leg of his jeans and onto the floor without even pausing his game of minecraft, it was horrible. i hate all kids except my own

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
you can tell he knocked her up again because he wanted maybe one non super pissing child to his name but he already ruined the pool with his wife whos deathly afraid of children coming to her door

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

boner confessor posted:

your average well known microbrew IPA like sierra nevada is typically about 1.5x stronger than high life or other "cheap" beers. so someone who definitely likes to drink a lot of craft beers and does this as a hobby is typically masking alcoholism because six or seven craft beers in a night can equal a briefcase of lovely beer in terms of alcohol

Oh yeah some beers are great for that. They sell this beer that is 12% alcohol, very cheap and comes in half liter cans. You can say "i had just one beer" but in reality it's the same as if you had 4 bottles of generic 5% lager.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Why can’t she just paint over the loving glass? Light wash of white should let light through without letting the neighbour kids peek in at piss horror house.

Not that that would solve so much as a tenth of the problems there, but at least she wouldn’t have to hide in the kitchen any more.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
From a glance at her post history, that lady shouldn’t have had one kid, let alone two.

She shivers until she cries if she eats vegetables other than carrots and pees ffs.

EDIT: she’s also almost legally blind and into DD/lg :gonk:

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 15, 2018

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
9-12% polish beer cans from the corner shop for 1.50 each are the loving best.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

LadyPictureShow posted:

This is Trump's America.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, IPA fans are apparently defensive today

Since when can you not talk some friendly poo poo about beer preference in GBS without people jumping down your throat :colbert:

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Bamabalacha posted:

From a glance at her post history, that lady shouldn’t have had one kid, let alone two.

She shivers until she cries if she eats vegetables other than carrots and pees ffs.

EDIT: she’s also almost legally blind and into DD/lg :gonk:

I was with her until this. Mental illness is a hell of a thing, and she mentions her kid uses PECS, which is for extremely low functioning autistic kids who can’t communicate otherwise. Neither of those is her fault and having a kid like that is difficult even for people with functioning brains, but Ddlg? Lock her up

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
I’m on the streetcar and can’t stop reading agoraphobic piss house woman’s post history. It’s terrible, depressing train wrecks all the way down. There’s a few small details that contradict themselves, but still.

They’re also polyamorous lololol.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

How can you be polyamorous if you never leave the house

Like how is she meeting other people

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blade Runner posted:

It's CALLED polynevermets

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blade Runner posted:

‘One-way polyamorous’ as in the husband can bone-down on other women.

Jesus somebody could write a doctoral thesis on this woman.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Okay but what is the husband getting out of this then

Like their house is apparently an uncleaned disaster realm, she doesn't really seem to pay much attention to her kids beyond watching them screech, he makes all the money and apparently mostly bones other women, why does he bother staying

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Bamabalacha posted:

I’m on the streetcar and can’t stop reading agoraphobic piss house woman’s post history. It’s terrible, depressing train wrecks all the way down. There’s a few small details that contradict themselves, but still.

They’re also polyamorous lololol.

Execute them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Okay but what is the husband getting out of this then

Like their house is apparently an uncleaned disaster realm, she doesn't really seem to pay much attention to her kids beyond watching them screech, he makes all the money and apparently mostly bones other women, why does he bother staying

Not having to pay alimony or child support