Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Future games should give you the option to play as Zelda or some other female lead when you start the game. My daughter plays BotW as much as my son and constantly laments that she can't play as a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

khy posted:

I am so tempted. SO TEMPTED.

Do it if you have a beastly computer, CEMU is fantastic and seeing actual 1080p is amazing.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

WarMECH posted:

Future games should give you the option to play as Zelda or some other female lead when you start the game. My daughter plays BotW as much as my son and constantly laments that she can't play as a girl.

The Linkle and Zelda mods are forcing me to evaluate whether or not I want to spend $600 to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM.

Of course the performance gains would be across the board and not SOLELY for Cemu, I'm on a 1st gen i7 so I'm overdue anyway for an upgrade. But since I get good framerates in other games it's not an immediate, need-it-right-now upgrade. I'm weighing the pros and cons.

khy fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 15, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

WarMECH posted:

Link's not androgynous enough for the both of you?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

khy posted:

The Linkle and Zelda mods are forcing me to evaluate whether or not I want to spend $600 to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM.

Of course the performance gains would be across the board and not SOLELY for Cemu, I'm on a 1st gen i7 so I'm overdue anyway for an upgrade.

BotW is pretty smooth on a lot of older systems, what are you running?

( I just had to update my 3570k to a 8400 for this exact reason. Same setup. Only cost $275. I have BotW on WiiU, but I want it in 60fps with the controller of my choice/mods. )

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

scary ghost dog posted:

its a really super good game lol.....worth 2 purchases for portability but im kinda mad i cant transfer my 100% save
What's even the point of playing on a 100% save? It's a good excuse to restart.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Keito posted:

If you get to 100% a fighter jet spawns on top of Link’s house in Hateno Village.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Weedle posted:

If you get to 100% a fighter jet spawns on top of Link’s house in Hateno Village.

I think thats only in the Drakengard crossover DLC.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Weedle posted:

That better be an Arwing.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rookersh posted:

BotW is pretty smooth on a lot of older systems, what are you running?

( I just had to update my 3570k to a 8400 for this exact reason. Same setup. Only cost $275. I have BotW on WiiU, but I want it in 60fps with the controller of my choice/mods. )

Current system is core-i7 920 (Only 2.6ghz, sadly) with 8gb of ram and a GeForce 970 graphics card.

I'm looking to upgrade to a core i7-8600k with 16GB of DDR4-3200 ram. Should be a very, very substantial speed boost.

I HAVE tried Cemu but I get 12-20 FPS outside of shrines. 20 is playable but not great, but 12 is just bad.

khy fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 15, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

WarMECH posted:

There was quite a stink raised about this around botw's reveal so hopefully that was enough to convince nintendo that this is actually a feature people would like.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod940168

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Linkle is actually the woman version of Tingle, except she thinks she's the hero of time instead of a fairy

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hell yeah.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Pretty good

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Linkle is actually the woman version of Tingle, except she thinks she's the hero of time instead of a fairy

Holy poo poo I looked this up. Thought Linkle was a fandom Rule 63 of Link up to now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Holy poo poo I looked this up. Thought Linkle was a fandom Rule 63 of Link up to now.

She’s in a game called Hyrule Warriors that’s good.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:yeah:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Keito posted:

100% before the dlc but imo, the best thing about this game is how fun it is to just traverse the world

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I saw that 1/6 scale botw Link figure at Volks while getting some paint and yeah it’s really loving nice but god drat why does it have to be almost $300 :sigh:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

At Kinokuniya today, I saw a complete manga set of all of the Zelda games. I didn't even know they were a thing.

They were all shrink-wrapped so I have no idea if they were any good or not.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

WarMECH posted:

:yeah:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I just wrapped up the game. I'm guessing the end is a real ball buster if you decided to go hardmode and not do any of the Divine Bests.

Speaking of, is there a way you're supposed to beat Ganon out of his superheated invulnerability other than deflecting his eyeball laser? I ran around for a good minute until I finally decided "gently caress it" and try and time that because I couldn't see any other way to do it outside of Urbora's grace.

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 17, 2018

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

khy posted:

I hate stalfos. Always showing up when I'm doing something else and irritating me.

Same but with rain.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I enjoy breaking stuff in this game.

https://i.imgur.com/mTV9Wpt.mp4

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

smallmouth posted:

That puzzle stands out in my head as the defining "path of least resistance". I put the ball down at the edge, put it in stasis, and booked it to the lift with time to spare.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Yestermoment posted:

I just wrapped up the game. I'm guessing the end is a real ball buster if you decided to go hardmode and not do any of the Divine Bests.

I don't think so, I triggered it accidentally after only 2 without the Master Sword and despite hating Urbosa's Fury I still found it disappointingly easy.

That said I do really enjoy parrying guardian lasers, so I may have been a tad over prepared for that section.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

smallmouth posted:

I found another way to do this one, by just placing it on the corner edge of the pedestal, and there is very slight grade funneling the ball to the center, even if the ball has no momentum. But the ramp is so slight, and the roll is so slow, that you can run over to the platform with time to spare

Spellman fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 18, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I do the puzzle properly every time because I like rolling the ball :colbert:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Amppelix posted:

I do the puzzle properly every time because I like rolling the ball :colbert:

I saw the fans, realized how it was supposed to work, then did the puzzle the right way because my brain is bad at thinking outside the box.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

khy posted:

I saw the fans, realized how it was supposed to work, then did the puzzle the right way because my brain is bad at thinking outside the box.

I tried it, hosed it up twice and then just put it on the edge and put it in stasis and ran to the platform because fuuuuuuuuck that.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Hello thread. I've had BotW for a few days now and am thoroughly enjoying it. I may have messed up by going straight to the Gerudo desert after my first visit to Impa though. Thunderblight Ganon was not at all fun and I felt no sense of accomplishment after beating him, just irritated. The Vah Naboris was fun up until that fight. Other than that, I am the shield surfing king of the desert.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Hello thread. I've had BotW for a few days now and am thoroughly enjoying it. I may have messed up by going straight to the Gerudo desert after my first visit to Impa though. Thunderblight Ganon was not at all fun and I felt no sense of accomplishment after beating him, just irritated. The Vah Naboris was fun up until that fight. Other than that, I am the shield surfing king of the desert.

that boss sucks but every other boss is good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You've fought probably the hardest part first. You've made your life more difficult re: random encounters, but you should obliterate the other bosses

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It would be a good idea to finish going to Hateno Village so you get the camera.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Yeah, I ended up there second and it was by far the worst, most frustrating, unblockable bullshit boss fight of the game. Thankfully you have it out of the way now, you have the tied-for-best blessing, and you can explore everything with confidence. Seriously, man, there's no wrong way to play through-- you just started out hard instead of ending up there last. Go forth and gently caress stuff up

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Thunderblight is a crash course in "I hope you learned how to perfect dodge". If you can't do it consistently, he'll wreck your face in. If you can do it consistently, he doesn't really manage to do much.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Thunderblight is a crash course in "I hope you learned how to perfect dodge". If you can't do it consistently, he'll wreck your face in. If you can do it consistently, he doesn't really manage to do much.

Honestly the window on the dodge is pretty forgiving and he super telegraphs his attacks

Thunder was the third one I did and I barely did any of the dodging stuff until him and took him down on my second try.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Keito posted:

Sometimes it's fun to fire up the game, choke down one of your 8 Dragon-Horn-Fueled attack buffs, strap on the Fierce Deity Armor and just unleash a 30 minute rampage of bloodshed on every Lynel, Hynox, and enemy camp that ever gave you hell when you were weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Use Hero's Path to identify a bridge you've never crossed, go there, and cross it, and check out the cool thing that's there that you missed the first time around.