Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Nocheez posted:

I enjoyed this immensely. Thanks, anon goon.

Ya that was a solid one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

The roomate confession is now my favorite lovely roomate story. It managed to top "I found my roomate with a tuba in a bathtub of filthy water (after days of using an elaborate locking system involving a RC car)".

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
if that's a fake fesh, then drat son you are a better writer than 99% of the thread.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
nthing that, really well written: I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Thats a good fresh! Now will Adam please share his side of the story?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah if that was fake at least it was interesting.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Good fesh anon/non-premarital rapist goon.

Did you guys actually bone before spergy-smalls got himself arrested?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Clockwerk posted:

Thats a good fresh! Now will Adam please share his side of the story?
I think that's what that "girls ponytails but not always???" one was

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

The roomate confession is now my favorite lovely roomate story. It managed to top "I found my roomate with a tuba in a bathtub of filthy water (after days of using an elaborate locking system involving a RC car)".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Wasn't it not dirty water, but I believe it was described as toilet paper and feces layered like a lasagna

Or am I thinking of something else

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Danaru posted:

Wasn't it not dirty water, but I believe it was described as toilet paper and feces layered like a lasagna

Or am I thinking of something else

Having just reread it myself recently I can confirm that it was feces lasagna. Also it was a saxophone not a tuba, not that that really matters but hey, the more you know.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

shy boy from chess club posted:

Having just reread it myself recently I can confirm that it was feces lasagna. Also it was a saxophone not a tuba, not that that really matters but hey, the more you know.

Man I was really hoping to be wrong on that one

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

shy boy from chess club posted:

Also I'm pretty sure it was newspaper, not toilet paper.

Also also, I'm almost certain we've had a fesh before the most recent one that mentions a goons.txt to keep track of personal details posted. Someone is reusing their plot device.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean literally those people exist

but gently caress those people.

the secret is to always post like poo poo

then you are never notable

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That was a good confession and I hope Adam got the help he needed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sorry I've been slacking on feshposting lately, guys :( I'll post more than usual today because they're short anyway

quote:

I frequent one or more of the "ironic" subforums (fyad, byob, iz, bbv, yospos) and I tend to emptyquote posts that gets a lot of emptyquotes or lol's or lmao's just to fit in, and get in on the camaraderie, even if I don't understand the joke, which is often the case.

This is basically everyone AFAICT

also yospos isn't ironic in my experience, they are deadly serious

quote:

Some years ago I was feeling very lonely, and ended up masturbating to a friend's voice on skype a few times (muted, of course) because their voice was turning me on big time. We were in a group voice chat, talking about random poo poo and games and stuff, and whenever the mood was right I'd mute myself for a few moments, tell people I was going to the bathroom, but instead I would listen to this guy talk for some minutes while enjoying a good wank in the dark. He's not exactly Sean Connery, voice-wise, but hey, I did say I was feeling lonely.

We're still friends, but I've stopped doing that after a while.

Plenty of people think about people they know while they masturbate, the only weird part about this is that it's a voice but that's not that weird really

quote:

I identify as a straight woman, but lately I'm realizing just how much I cringe when being referred to as "she" and "her". I don't think I'm trans, but this is definitely a thing that is really making me feel weird and uncomfortable and I feel all hosed up about it.

The standard Internet answer is "get people to use gender-neutral pronouns" but personally I think you should try to figure out more about why you're feeling this way first (see thread title if necessary)

This one's longer than the others and a bit hard to follow

quote:

First off, this isn't a restaurant. I know it sounds like one but it's important you understand I'm not talking about cooking expired food or something. I am involved in my family business and have been, formally and informally, for thirteen years. It's failing like almost every other business in this industry. We're scraping by but the reality is that it isn't of a question of if we close but how long we can scrape by and prepare for it. It's a dying industry.

Our GM/position-that-would-identify-us is one of the best at his specific job but is a reprehensible person. He creates a hostile work environment and I don't know a single person who likes him. I've known for a long time he's a lawsuit waiting to happen but he's essentially impossible to fire currently and the family members in charge wouldn't anyway.

He pulled some little scheme to make my brother and I look bad about a month ago but it blew up way beyond what he intended into a huge ordeal that ended in him having to give a half-assed public apology but still damaged my reputation. My naive family accepted his apology and my brother's so laid back he's just like "whatever let him be an rear end as long as he doesn't do it again."

Here's the issue. I have him by the balls and he doesn't know it. I could crush his reputation and career instantly but it would take my family business down with it. I could finally ruin him after thirteen years of having to let him be an rear end in a top hat.

After that poo poo, I did some digging. I wanted to find something. Anything. I asked some employees I trust about the way he really runs things, went down to check out some equipment, found out how he ran things behind the scenes. Holy poo poo. You piece it all together and look where you normally wouldn't and find major loving health code and OSHA violations. The kind you pray they shut you down for before somebody sues you for everything you have and half of what you don't. He's hid it well. Unfortunately, I know the family members in charge won't fire him and will believe his excuses and lies. He'll just tell them it's actually not illegal or not enforced or how he stopped doing it and I misunderstood. If tell them, they'll go along with it because "he's like family and wouldn't really do anything that could hurt us." They're good people but naive as hell.

So now I finally have my revenge on that rear end in a top hat and also feel morally obligated to take it but it's going to ruin my family's business. I can't talk to anybody offline about it because then it would take it out of my hands. As much as I finally have this rear end in a top hat by the throat, he's still going to take me down with him. The one benefit is I think that as far as reputation goes, my family will come out looking shocked and betrayed (which they are) as opposed to part of it.

to be clear, the reason I'm even still involved in this poo poo show of a business is to keep it together as best I can for my family, because it's a really drat good job, and because my position looks good on a resume.

tl:dr: GM is an objectively bad person but can't be fired and I found out he's doing seriously illegal poo poo. I finally have my revenge and can ruin his career and reputation but unfortunately it's going to take my family business down as well. My family trusts him blindly because he's "a family friend" so they've let him have complete control of things with little oversight. I feel morally obligated to stop him because he's endangering employees and the public.

If you know about this, and you don't whistleblow, you are complicit. Your only prayer of getting out of this intact AFAICT is to immediately spill the beans and make sure as much of it is pinned on him as possible.

If you can try to break the news anonymously, though, do that. Your family might not understand.

e: Actually it might not be a bad idea to be very public and open about your identity here. Act like you just found out, like "The rest of the Anon family and myself are simply shocked and disgusted to find these vile practices have been going on right under our noses. We can't and won't stand for it!"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Yeah seriously.

Call that fucker out publicly. Get your facts in order beforehand and do your homework.

if your family is fine with this id :sever:

but for real, dont be a part of the problem by saying nothing.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Resturant goon: are the health hazards as bad as this documentary footage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuy8zZdXgTo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
would chef ramsey make your family cry?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Consult a loving lawyer beforehand so you can protect yourself from the possibility of being sued by GM for defamation, for God's sake

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the pos is actually now one of the oldest and most experienced programming focused forums on the net

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Gather irrefutable evidence of wilful negligence, Talk to a lawyer, Talk to the family.

If the family cover for the GM, its probably time for a new job.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the pos is actually now one of the oldest and most experienced programming focused forums on the net

For real?!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Even more than Hardforum?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Resturant goon: are the health hazards as bad as this documentary footage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuy8zZdXgTo

When you say "restaurant goon," are you referring to the confession that begins with "first off, this isn't a restaurant"

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
That one sounds like Arrested Development for some reason...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My money is on construction company.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

loquacius posted:

also yospos isn't ironic in my experience, they are deadly serious

as a frequent yosposter, can confirm

also lol @ anon for not getting puns about the amiga' s chipset couched in a nuromancer reference, as is the form of all jokes in the 'pos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

more importantly, it's the only computer/programming/electronics forum on the planet where the community (1) is genuinely talented and (2) doesn't do lol le bacon epic or horrible redpill misogyny 8 days a week

plus it gave us one of the greatest words in the english language, lomarf

anyway i'm tryina figure out what not-a-gross-restaurant goon is actually working at. what sort of other industries have both OSHA and health code stuff to worry about? i suppose like a farm or a meat packing plant isn't a restaurant, so it could be something like that. maybe like a hotel not changing the bedclothes between guests? day care letting kids run around free-range and poop in the yard? dentist's or doctor's office reusing needles?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

loquacius posted:

empty quote fesh

When I first started posting my roommate was desperately trying to get accepted in FYAD and would do this and add like a "lol" or something , and the entire reason why I bought an account was because he asked me to empty quote him to increase his exposure or something. All it does is ascends you to white noise status which isn't exactly hard, unless you gently caress up and empty quote something they end up not finding funny and you can't convincingly explain that you did it ironically, then you get made fun of.

re: yos pos I don't get how people can read yospos with that obnoxious template. It hurts my eyes to look at.

My money for the last goon is on farming or some type of food processing/butchering type of thing like the goon above me said since it's the only thing I can think of that can have regularly both OSHA and health code violations. But anyway yeah you kind of have to tell someone because even though he's hid it for this long, he won't be able to forever and you don't want to be found to be complicit in it when things come falling down.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lollin at the idea of FYAD noobs acting like Tom Cruise trying to sneak into an Eyes Wide Shut party

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Last I heard FYAD is dying fast because most everything who was actually entertaining moved to Twitter full time and they get literally no new blood.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Last I heard FYAD is dying fast because most everything who was actually entertaining moved to Twitter full time and they get literally no new blood.

Most of the "weird twitter" people who left weren't even the funny ones imho. The most notable one I can think of got ruthlessly owned by a hockey mascot and the shrek song guy in an event where he should have come off looking like a good guy doing charity work.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Most of the "weird twitter" people who left weren't even the funny ones imho. The most notable one I can think of got ruthlessly owned by a hockey mascot and the shrek song guy in an event where he should have come off looking like a good guy doing charity work.

One of them owned Pitbull once, that was p funny

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

One of them owned Pitbull once, that was p funny

That was pretty funny sure but pitbull didn't really seem to mind really.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

more importantly, it's the only computer/programming/electronics forum on the planet where the community (1) is genuinely talented and (2) doesn't do lol le bacon epic or horrible redpill misogyny 8 days a week

plus it gave us one of the greatest words in the english language, lomarf

anyway i'm tryina figure out what not-a-gross-restaurant goon is actually working at. what sort of other industries have both OSHA and health code stuff to worry about? i suppose like a farm or a meat packing plant isn't a restaurant, so it could be something like that. maybe like a hotel not changing the bedclothes between guests? day care letting kids run around free-range and poop in the yard? dentist's or doctor's office reusing needles?

It could also be pharmaceuticals, supplements, prepackaged foods like canned goods or candy, medical supplies, a brewery or winery. I could see any of those factories coming under health code and OSHA.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Leviathan Song posted:

It could also be pharmaceuticals, supplements, prepackaged foods like canned goods or candy, medical supplies, a brewery or winery. I could see any of those factories coming under health code and OSHA.
I'm curious about the "dying industry" part.

Adjective goon if these are primarily male gatherings you may be feeling otherised or excluded since you're the only one these adjectives are being applied to. e: like it's not being called "she" it's being called "she" when everyone else being called "he".

Or perhaps what's bothering you is people referring to you with third person pronouns during conversations you're physically present for, instead of using your name or talking to you directly.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 20, 2018

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Some good ones lately. MILF story rules because it’s awesome the mom is so hot that she’s a distraction to her daughter in law and spergin Andy is hilarious.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When I first started posting my roommate was desperately trying to get accepted in FYAD and would do this and add like a "lol" or something , and the entire reason why I bought an account was because he asked me to empty quote him to increase his exposure or something. All it does is ascends you to white noise status which isn't exactly hard, unless you gently caress up and empty quote something they end up not finding funny and you can't convincingly explain that you did it ironically, then you get made fun of.

re: yos pos I don't get how people can read yospos with that obnoxious template. It hurts my eyes to look at.
going to fyad like follow me and bring your emptyquoting scarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Lacey posted:

going to fyad like follow me and bring your emptyquoting scarf