Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

spite house posted:

I like this OP and foresee great things for her after she ditches the deadweight. God drat people who can't be bothered to show up on time for things piss me off.

:same:

I've had friends and roommates that would always do this poo poo and it was aggravating as hell. Yeah sure, let's wait until 10 minutes before we have to be at an event halfway across town to shower or get ready, then get mad when I was like "peace, find your own way" and left without them. A few stopped talking to or riding with me, so it all worked out since I wasn't wasting my time or gas on loving deadbeat morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

The fact that she couldn't make plans to be out of her house with presumably a month's notice is pretty telling.

can you predict the weather a month in advance? what if it's cloudy and thundering? and dark?!

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Look it isn't her fault if she gets grounded for being out after the street lights turn on

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Caganer posted:

honestly, my bet is it's a combination of neuroric as heck GF (darkness falls, the criminals are out oh no!) and a set of guys ranging from fedora owner to full blown incel who make her feel uncomfortable in her own apartment for valid reasons.

I Was The Fury posted:

I just admitted to playing dnd, what makes you think I'm actually any kind of authority on what makes someone an adult

So, Fury, would you say you're more of a fedora owner or an actual incel? One thing is for sure, if you are a D&D player you must fall within that range! :goonsay:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Not out of /r/relationships specifically but,

Man's girlfriend pretends to be him and rejects prestigious full-ride music scholarship for fear of losing him while he's in another city, man wins $350 000 in court

quote:

Gilad accepts only two new students per year from the dozens who apply. All Colburn students receive a full scholarship that covers tuition and room and board, along with a living stipend for meals and other expenses.

Abramovitz was invited to a live audition at Colburn on Feb. 20, 2014 and flew to Los Angeles with his parents. The audition was conducted before a committee of faculty, including Gilad. Abramovitz was told he could expect a decision by April 1, 2014.

The young clarinetist was sent an email on March 27, which told him he had been accepted and was being offered a full scholarship to study with Gilad. The court determined Lee accessed her boyfriend’s email – he had trusted her with his laptop and his passwords – and deleted the Colburn acceptance. But first she responded to it, in Abramovitz’s name, declining the offer because he would “be elsewhere.”

The court determined Lee established a fake email to make it appear it belonged to Gilad. She composed an email to Abramovitz saying he had not been accepted at Colburn but that he was being offered a position studying under Gilad at the University of Southern California with a scholarship of US$5,000 per year. Annual tuition at USC is about US$51,000.

“Ms. Lee knew about Mr. Abramovitz’s financial circumstances and that he would not be able to accept the fake offer she had created for a position at USC,” wrote Corbett. It appears, says the judge, she was motivated by her fear that Abramovitz would leave Montreal and their relationship.

Emphasis mine. This woman deserves prison.

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 15, 2018

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

The fact that she couldn't make plans to be out of her house with presumably a month's notice is pretty telling.

You think she should get a hotel room or sleep at a friend's house or something? D&D nights are notorious for not being a 1-2 hour quiet thing

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

So, Fury, would you say you're more of a fedora owner or an actual incel? One thing is for sure, if you are a D&D player you must fall within that range! :goonsay:

I technically haven't owned a fedora but I did have another insufferably gross-person hat. Google says it's an Irish flat cap so yeah just think of someone with that hat and pink aviator shades and you've got a picture of me at age 20

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

QuarkJets posted:

You think she should get a hotel room or sleep at a friend's house or something? D&D nights are notorious for not being a 1-2 hour quiet thing

Well I'm guessing it's a weekend, and lots of people have plans on weekends that involve not being in their house for multiple hours. If she comes home and it's still going on, go to sleep or read in your bedroom or something.

If it's sweaty nerds pounding Red Bull and playing until 9 in the morning, ok that's a different story.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

She can't be punished in any way because she's blocked on social media.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Baronjutter posted:

She can't be punished in any way because she's blocked on social media.

Usually the court hacks into your twitter and garnishes your bitcoin to enforce judgments.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Whelp, the Chris Hardwick sex pest thread is full of people defending age gaps between 20 and 40 year olds so I’m just checking back in to my safe space: this thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
WaPo is defending a 30 year age gap where the guy ditched his starter family to have a new baby

He’s 70 or something lol

He had to “find himself”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

WaPo is defending a 29 year age gap where the guy ditched his starter family to have a new baby

He’s 70 or something lol

That’s gross, but it’s also impressive

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

fruit on the bottom posted:

Whelp, the Chris Hardwick sex pest thread is full of people defending age gaps between 20 and 40 year olds

and people who get weirdly obsessed if you joke about john hodgeman being a sex pest (?!)

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

WaPo is defending a 30 year age gap where the guy ditched his starter family to have a new baby

He’s 70 or something lol

He had to “find himself”

Look, he's the president, they have to cover him.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [F/18] mom [F/53] thinks there are demons in my house just because (1) my sister [F/20] told her a dream about demons and (2) I deal with depression. She won’t stop screaming for God to “cast them out” and it’s bothering me.

quote:

Long post.

I wouldn’t say I’m too religious of a person. I definitely believe in a higher power but I can’t say I belong to a particular faith anymore now that I’ve grown old enough to take in my own knowledge about religions and Christianity. While I would like to call myself a full blown Christian, I always feel indifferent about doing so. My mom, however, full-loving-blown Christian.

About a month ago, my sister told my mom about this nightmare my brother [M/26] had involving demons chasing and trying to drag him and my dog down to hell (lol) and my mom took it very very seriously. She called him and said this super long prayer for him and the rest of us and in my eyes, the whole thing was blown out of proportion. My brother felt it was as well and we were trying to figure out why my sister would share that with my mom knowing how she is.

Now the other morning, my sister and I woke up at the same time before my mother left for work. She told my mom about this nightmare she had of demons infesting the house saying that there’s “No hope for us” and other creepy stuff like that. Again, my mom took it very VERY serious and made us get on our knees while she said (screamed, actually) a prayer begging God to cast the demons out of the house and out of our spirits and such. It was weird, and I’ve never really seen her do that before. After the prayer she went about her remaining 8 minutes in the house screaming “Cast them out!”

This morning—it’s about 7am— she came into my room and just sat down on my bed. I asked her if she was okay and she said she felt sad. Mind you I’m like wicked tired so I look at her and I’m like “oh...I’m sorry moma. It’s okay to be sad.” And she doesn’t respond. I later ask if she wants to talk about it and she says no. As she leaves, I tell her I love her and she responds with the same.

Six minutes later this woman is SCREAMING again.

“CAST THEM OUT.”

“I REBUKE THESE DEMONS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

“DEPRESSION IS THE WORK OF THE DEVIL. TAKE THE DEMONS OUT OF MY DAUGHTER.”(???)

“(SPEAKING IN TONGUES)”

So here I am, in bed, typing this post. I’m getting only a little bit annoyed with this and I really don’t want it to persist. How can I get her to kind of chill with this whole demon thing? I really don’t believe in demons and poo poo like that, and I definitely don’t believe that depression is the “work of the devil”, but I suppose it’s not about me. I’m more concerned about getting this woman to relax. She has too many worries to be screaming every morning about demons that don’t exist. Any help will mean the world.

ALSO. I feel like it’s worth asking for no one to have a religious debate in the comments. I get that there are plenty people that don’t believe in any of this stuff and I truly respect your differences of opinion, but for this one post I ask that you please just stay on topic. Thank you.

TLDR; Sister told my mom about some demonic dreams she and my brother had, and now my mom thinks there are demons in the house and in our souls. Need help getting her to relax.

Edit: Wow, I didn’t at all expect this post to get all this attention. I can’t respond to all the comments but I do appreciate them all. If things change, I’ll provide an update for y’all. ~

Edit 2: There are ways to give advice on this without being disrespectful to my sister and my mom. Yeah, they’re both kind of being out of line here, but they’re still my family and I love them a lot, and so do they. I know there’s no way of really knowing that via a Reddit post, but because you are without that knowledge I ask that you please be respectful to the fact that they are still my family. Thank you. (:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

I know, we all miss Tuvix

I hate you forever for reminding me of that.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
"It's bothering me" is the best way to end that sentence.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
How do you send off a strong signal to a date who keeps delaying to meet? (self.dating)

quote:

It's complicated. I mean, I met this girl in my office a month back and we got along really well. I asked her out on a date and she & I have been talking ever since. Either I call her or she calls me in the evening and we've had many late night conversations about our lives, what we want in the future, past relationships etc.

Weird thing? We've gone out on like 2 dates together since I asked her out. I haven't seen her in more than 2 weeks (she quit her job 2 weeks back to move to another company), even though I've been trying to make a plan every weekend. She always has some excuse or the other. I really like this girl but this thing irritates me and we're not moving anywhere forward. I'm stuck.

But here's the thing - it's not that she doesn't like me. If I don't call her for days, she'll call me or message me and we'll have a nice chat.

Today, we were supposed to meet in the evening, but she messaged me saying that she can only meet for an hour so I was gently caress it, I'm not meeting. So then she's like we'll figure out a proper plan later.

This is the part that annoys me and I'm clueless. I have no idea where we are, I'm losing my patience and I feel I don't deserve to be treated this way even though we're not in a relationship yet.

How do you send off a strong signal to a date who keeps delaying to meet? I want her to know that I won't be pushed around and it's either we're moving forward and meeting or we're going our separate ways.

I'm a nice person so I don't like to have such unpleasant conversations, especially with someone I really really like. I'm always like give her another week, maybe she's actually got something. Now I'm just plain pissed.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Caganer posted:

How do you send off a strong signal to a date who keeps delaying to meet? (self.dating)

it bugs me when people keep canceling plans too but calm yo rear end down dude

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

goethe.cx posted:

it bugs me when people keep canceling plans too but calm yo rear end down dude

you mean telling a potential date "woman, your refusal to do what I say is making me very angry!" doesn't increase desire? :confused:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Caganer posted:

you mean telling a potential date "woman, your refusal to do what I say is making me very angry!" doesn't increase desire? :confused:

it's ok, he says he's a nice person!

vvvv "soft ghosting," a thing that extremely normal people do and isn't stupid as poo poo

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 16, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I bet she's deliberately trying to soft-ghost him.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I like that she said she wanted to meet up but only had an hour and he immediately blew her off.

Bitches right?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

goethe.cx posted:

it's ok, he says he's a nice person!

vvvv "soft ghosting," a thing that extremely normal people do and isn't stupid as poo poo

Soft-ghosting is indeed an extremely normal person thing to do because hard-ghosting breeds serial killers and capitulating to the demands of nice-guys breeds date-rape

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I Was The Fury posted:

Soft-ghosting is indeed an extremely normal person thing to do because hard-ghosting breeds serial killers and capitulating to the demands of nice-guys breeds date-rape

uh what

i realize a lot of men don't take rejection well and that's why women aren't always upfront that they're not interested, but continuing to message and talk with a guy while always finding a reason not to meet up is really irritating and immature imo

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Not being able to take the loving clue is immature

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But she didn't give him a signed & notarized notice that she was terminating their dating relationship effective immediately, which means this will never hold up in relationship court.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

goethe.cx posted:

uh what

i realize a lot of men don't take rejection well and that's why women aren't always upfront that they're not interested, but continuing to message and talk with a guy while always finding a reason not to meet up is really irritating and immature imo
Yeah that's pretty obnoxious.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My (35m) Wife (32f) was Raped I am Trying to be Supportive but she asks a lot (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

My wife was raped last month. I was out of town for business and she went out with some girls from work to a bar after work to blow of steam she said. I was a bit upset because she never called or told me she was going out, but I also dont want to be a controlling rear end in a top hat. I was also upset because we have two children and they were both left with a baby sitter so she had ample time to tell me. Well she apparently got drunk, although she thinks something was put in her drink and two guys brought her to a car in a parking lot and took turns while she was blacked out in the back seat of the car. She doesnt remember much of it at all, but says it lasted a long time. I could tell by what the baby sitter charged she got home around 5 am. She says they left her in the parking lot and drove off. She already got tested and is going to get tested again today. She told me right when I got back from the business trip. She was a mess. Crying. It hurt to see her that way. She had some marks on her body and could barely get the words out.

I obviously want to kill these two guys. I am trying to be supportive of my wife and be there for her. I love her and she is the mother of my children. However, yesterday she told me one of the guys texted her. I had no idea she gave them her number and she told me she had just met them that night. She told me they were talking before she blacked out, but I didnt know he had her number. She says she is an emotional wreck and it would help her if she understood what they were going thinking and why they did what they did and what all happened that night. She now is saying she wants to meet them. She doesnt want me to come because she feels my anger might hurt the situation. She says she is going to meet them both tonight at a Starbucks. What do I do. I want to go, or I want to stop her from going, but I also dont want to damage her recovery. I asked ehr to go to the police. Begged her. We live in a small town though and she said that she didnt want our kids to know anything. The two men are not from our town. She went into the city to go to the bar.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Caganer posted:

My (35m) Wife (32f) was Raped I am Trying to be Supportive but she asks a lot (self.relationship_advice)

...WTF?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Caganer posted:

:stonk:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Caganer posted:

man oh man i hope that's a fakepost because :yikes:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Uhhh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

There's an update

Update My (35m) Wife (32f) was Raped I am Trying to be Supportive but she asks a lot

quote:

I am not sure if I posted something wrong, or offensive. I didnt mean to. Never been to this part of Reddit. Anyways. I am just in a drat tail spin and a lot of people's advice believe it or not is making me feel better for feeling what I am feeling. I am furious. I want to cuss her out, take my kids and run away. Everything I have ever learned or been told though says I have to support her. So I am like destroyed in the head. My wife got back an hour ago. I checked and the starbucks she says she met them at would have still been open. She says she met them and just talked to them. She found out their names...which brought up some other issues I dont want to get into. They seemed to say over and over again that they thought she was into it. They say she gave one her number and went to the car. She told me that they at least claim it was her idea to stop in a parks parking lot and start things and that they drove her back. She says talking to them helped her remember most of it, but she is adamant that she was blacked out during most of it and never remembers anything past talking to one of the guys at the bar for a little bit, bits in pieces in the back of the car, and being let out by her car in the parking lot.

She said to me and I swear I almost lost it. i have never hit her or touched her out of anger, but she said and I quote "they seem like nice young guys who made a mistake." I asked her if she touched them or they touched her and she said she hugged them. Like I want to be supportive, but Jesus Christ. She also said she might see them again as she felt talking with them helped her a lot.

I told her I wouldnt allow that. She then lost it. Said she was a victim. Said she was raped and this helps her more than my anger does. She literally said, "They are nicer to me than you are and that when she told them she didnt remember it they seemed shocked and tried to console her."
They seemed to think they were meeting for round two and told her they had taken pictures, but would delete them. They both told her too that there was no protection used. I was fuming and screwed up and threw my glass against the wall. She stormed off to bed and now I dont know what to do.

We have been together since I was 18 and she was 16. Up until this I was the only guy she has been with. I love her very much. I just cant take this. Like, I am furious and everything I have ever heard is how selfish that is, but like I feel like I have a right to be, but maybe not. I dont know.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
this guy is a terrible writer and sometimes makes new topics sometimes edits posts to add addendums there's more

quote:

update: I figured I would put this here. A lot of people have confirmed my feelings as being legitimate and not the actions of an angry self centered ex. I didn't sleep last night and reached out to a friend of her's on facebook who works at the hospital she works at. I figured if anyone was there it was her. I am good friends with her husband and it was probably the most embarrassing thing I have ever done. She told me she was there that night. It was all girls, "just blowing off steam." She did tell me that my wife was wishy washy about coming because of inability to find a baby sitter and me being out of town. She knew nothing of anything afterwards, but she did tell me that my wife was around one guy the entire night. She said she was only telling me this because she felt it was inappropriate. My wife and this guy apparently were drinking and dancing all night together. I know its one of the guys because it matched the description. She said the girls were all leaving to go to another bar and my wife told them that she wanted to stay. That is all she knew. It stood out because it was very unlike my wife and this guy was very different than what she would expect. I couple this with my wife not talking to me at all today and the fact that her cell phone is now locked with a password. I have never once checked her cell phone before and its driven me to this, but she has told me to answer her phone for her and other things before and it never had a password. I think I am done. I am getting the hell out of this as fast as possible. I have way too many bad thoughts and now for the first time ever I am wondering whether I can trust my wife and I am also wondering where she is right now. I am lucky to have money so will be fine getting another place. I might try to talk to her one time when she gets home, but even then I think I am done.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If that's real, I think this guy just found out that his wife is cheating on him and really bad at improvising excuses.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yo hey that’s a reeeeeeal lovely situation.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

If that's real, I think this guy just found out that his wife is cheating on him and really bad at improvising excuses.

correct me if i'm wrong, but if you can't remember sex, you were blacked out correct? and if you were blacked out, there's no informed consent? and if you don't give informed consent... it's sexual assault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

This may be a loving nuclear hot take, but I do not think she was raped, and she is almost definitely loving them entirely consensually now