Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Roid666 posted:

No idea, with the new content for King's Raid, I've only played it for about an hour this morning. You start off with with SR chars and get an SSR as a reward or something. Judging by all the other players rocking to same hero as their friend character I'm guessing it's the same reward.

I ended up getting an SSR Ashley on my free pull. Is this the free one you're talking about? or are you referring to the free SSR Rebecca?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

m.hache posted:

I ended up getting an SSR Ashley on my free pull. Is this the free one you're talking about? or are you referring to the free SSR Rebecca?

Yeah he's almost certainly referring to the SSR Rebecca which is the pre-registration/launch reward.

I went and pulled using my initial gems and got a SSR Deimos, who seems like a decent enough healer who also auto-heals an ally after he deals damage.

If you want to add me to your friends list, search my tag #JJOYE

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Rarity and star level don't seem to correspond. Interesting. I kinda like it so far, I enjoy being able to play it vertically so it looks more like I'm just looking at my phone rather than playing a game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The character evolving and leveling set up is similar to the 7 knights game. It gets really annoying.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inkel posted:

Yeah he's almost certainly referring to the SSR Rebecca which is the pre-registration/launch reward.

I went and pulled using my initial gems and got a SSR Deimos, who seems like a decent enough healer who also auto-heals an ally after he deals damage.

If you want to add me to your friends list, search my tag #JJOYE

Added.

Tag# 85AU3. IGN ArteaSA

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone have a guild spun up? I can look into it but can't guarantee a lot of activity in the coming days.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

m.hache posted:

Anyone have a guild spun up? I can look into it but can't guarantee a lot of activity in the coming days.

I went ahead and made a guild: GoonTang

At the moment it looks like the max member size is 10. I'm not sure if that increases if we level up the guild.

Go ahead and apply - if you don't have "SA" or something obviously goony in your name, just post here and I'll accept your application.

If you want to add me to your friends list, again my friend code is JJOYE

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Inkel posted:

I went ahead and made a guild: GoonTang

At the moment it looks like the max member size is 10. I'm not sure if that increases if we level up the guild.

Go ahead and apply - if you don't have "SA" or something obviously goony in your name, just post here and I'll accept your application.

If you want to add me to your friends list, again my friend code is JJOYE

I applied as Hoot.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
gently caress me, this is the (I don't even know what game you are playing) thread now...

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Mr Hootington posted:

The character evolving and leveling set up is similar to the 7 knights game. It gets really annoying.

I mean it is a netmarble game

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
As always with these games there is a flood of information to absorb.

I already have 2 6* SSR characters at level 50 and I'm only rank 8. Everything dies in 1 hit.

I figure there's probably a wall coming up but am I missing something or am I progressing way faster than I should be? or are my SSR's worthless (6* Rebecca and 6* Ashley).

Trastion posted:

gently caress me, this is the (I don't even know what game you are playing) thread now...

It's been less than a page. If there's enough people posting we'll create a separate thread.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

m.hache posted:

It's been less than a page. If there's enough people posting we'll create a separate thread.

It was just a joke about the thread title.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
tried to apply to GoonTang as Snark, but it says the gold can't receive any more applications

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

overseer07 posted:

tried to apply to GoonTang as Snark, but it says the gold can't receive any more applications

Sorry about that, didn't realize it had a limit of applicants. I'll try to keep an eye on purging the list since it gets constantly bombarded. Just keep applying.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Thoughts from a few weeks on Tap Wizard:
  • This is good, I haven't gotten stuck on a good idle game in a minute.
  • I'm super unclear on what bonuses are additive or multiplicative with which other bonuses. If I have a "+20% ice damage" bonus and four copies of Torrent for a x1.20 bonus, is that x1.4 damage or x1.44 damage?
  • Small but easily reproduced glitch spotted - animated projectiles stop animating if you reflect them.
  • My numbers go up

I'm looking for something to scratch the same itch that was scratched back in the old day by Spelltower and Bookworm. Spelltower isn't on the google store, everything similar I find from a quick search has reviews panning it for having massive numbers of ads. Are there any good solo word games out there?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Inkel posted:

Sorry about that, didn't realize it had a limit of applicants. I'll try to keep an eye on purging the list since it gets constantly bombarded. Just keep applying.

I will be trying to apply as SacSquid.

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
I just started playing Kings Raid and am looking for a guild. For some reason it says GoonTang is an invalid guild name and JJOYE is an invalid name when I search for friends. Am I missing something

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Kazoo Reverb posted:

I just started playing Kings Raid and am looking for a guild. For some reason it says GoonTang is an invalid guild name and JJOYE is an invalid name when I search for friends. Am I missing something

lol someone needs to change this thread title.

GoonTang and my JJOYE friend code are for Knights Chronicle https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.knightsgb

The Kings Raid peeps made their own thread over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853535

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Tried to apply to the Knights chronical guild but too many applicants. I'll be applying as Roid when you've cleared it down 😀

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I just finished playing Data Wing, is there anything similar out there?

Also I haven't messed with Android gaming in a while and I'm having a really hard time finding games that aren't terrible. The Play Store is useless for discovering things you actually want.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Applied to the KC guild as Baka.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
[Edit] Nevermind.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 16, 2018

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kheldarn posted:

Evoland is on sale for $0.99 for the next 48 hours.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this worth it?

this sale might (or might not) coincide with the big GOG sale going on now. this game and its sequel are both on sale on that site for a few more days. i got it there because i am an Old Gamer who always feels like they're fumbling around in multi-platform games that exist both for controllers and touchscreens :corsair:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Applied to the guild as Crazyeye

Who uses only 8 characters for nicknames??

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Applied to guild as DontMM

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just applied again

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Out in soft launch is Dead Island Survivors, a tower defense take on the franchise. It seems to have been in testing for a good year but only popped up on Android recently.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Hmmmm...I probably should have asked this first:

In Knights Chronicle is there any reason to max a hero before evolving it?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I think you lose the levels after evolving, so no.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The first time for each tier of a hero that you max level, you get crystals. So you want to max level each hero once before evolving them or using them as fodder. This really adds up in the early game.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So trying to level skills of a character with its duplicate has a chance to fail. Happened to my very first pulled Knight.
This is super dumb and reset my enjoyment levels to zero.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

So trying to level skills of a character with its duplicate has a chance to fail. Happened to my very first pulled Knight.
This is super dumb and reset my enjoyment levels to zero.

Unless you wanna burn 6* heroes to level the skills.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'd be fine with Gacha if so many games didn't also rely on you getting multiples of the same super rare one to merge.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That's part of the appeal of King's Raid. You get to pick from a pool of 6 heroes in the inn to start working towards (30~ seconds a day, two weeks~ total), and you never need duplicate heroes. You can however use duplicate unique weapons and treasures to scale up poo poo, and 5* is basically whale territory (failure rate starring up gear ->4/5* is brutal). But to get 0-3 stars is totally reasonable for any particular hero you want to work on at a time, and they're pretty generous with free summons/currency to try your luck for random ones. Otherwise unique weapons can be selected slowly with arena points, or one of the many random or selectable tickets they hand out.

Premium currency is still useful for reseting limited entry dungeons if you don't want to spin for a shot at UW/UTs but you don't really have to hope you obtain someone or their base gear, it's just a matter of working towards if you want someone specific.

This is also where that Might and Magic Elemental Guardians does right. You don't need specific duplicates, at least once they implement the ability to select or respec your Evolve random 1 of 2 passives, just random creatures of the same element + a somewhat limited but not super rare item.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 16, 2018

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

I'd be fine with Gacha if so many games didn't also rely on you getting multiples of the same super rare one to merge.

They would find another way to enforce that rarity. I assume they figure out the general amount of playtime/money it should take to unlock a given thing, and work backwards to implement the mechanics to make people spend that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just can't handle gacha games where you have to fuse dupes of characters that are already incredibly rare. it's always an awful system and only people with brain worms or inhuman luck can take advantage of it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Out in soft launch is Dead Island Survivors, a tower defense take on the franchise. It seems to have been in testing for a good year but only popped up on Android recently.

That's a dead link for me.. I can't even find it searching the store.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

That's a dead link for me.. I can't even find it searching the store.

Here's an APKMirror link if you want to sideload it, but I don't know if it works. If it does there's a further 900mb internal download when you launch it.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm wondering of they took the server offline as it won't download the additional data for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I'm finding a lot of these leaked/soft launched apks from big name publishers now require a region check or a license check from Google Play to work so I assume that's what happened here.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 17, 2018