Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

plumpy hole lever posted:

thanks for taking my obvious troll seriously

Yeah hi it's not an obvious troll when many people genuinely believe this, also when you post an idiotic and flawed analogy. Hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
actually i meant all of it seriously including the analogy, the bit about flashing your vaj in a short skit is the only part that wasnt serious

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

actually i meant all of it seriously including the analogy, the bit about flashing your vaj in a short skit is the only part that wasnt serious

Literally go back to GBS. Or Sydney. Or whatever other shithole you crawled out of.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Went to look at a Telegraph article, which autoplayed a video of a girl screaming while she was "electrocuted" (she was only shocked). Still a pretty lovely thing to autoplay, cripes

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

looks like there's some idiotic bleed through from the BYOB auspol thread of all places. jfc GBS is bad enough but ya'll gotta clique up and assemble in BYOB as well?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You aeent funny and despite thinking in your group of friends ypure the incisive "observant" one you are a small gish in a raindrop of intellectual vacuity and one day youll wake up and realise that your pub observations didnt get you any joy in life and everypne else has moved on and forgotten every one of ypur opinions as you have no ideology just soundbites. And a few decades later youll die.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Are you a retarded person or just not very good?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

That nuclear article was pretty good for an article about international security in the press. Either way, according to people who know about this kind of thing Australia's lead time on building a nuclear weapon is about one year so we dont really need to reduce that.

Us building nuclear weapons is like us building a missile defense shield or a spacecraft. An expensive as gently caress idea, which h nobody actually wants and gets occasionally floated in the press for publicity/defence industry morale.

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 16, 2018

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Lid posted:

You aeent funny and despite thinking in your group of friends ypure the incisive "observant" one you are a small gish in a raindrop of intellectual vacuity and one day youll wake up and realise that your pub observations didnt get you any joy in life and everypne else has moved on and forgotten every one of ypur opinions as you have no ideology just soundbites. And a few decades later youll die.

Hahaha what the gently caress dude how drunk are you

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

The Peccadillo posted:

Are you a retarded person or just not very good?

Actually in a person who believes in moderate sensible debate instead of yelling at other people to make yourself feel good

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
t o n e

p o l i c e

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Recoome posted:

t o n e d

a b s

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the real cautionary tale is soag’s syphilis-addled brain. use protection on your third world sex tours folks.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oooh look shiny thing to read.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
once i was walking down oxford street with my mum and an old homeless dude yelled I'M GONNA GET YOUSE BOTH PREGNANT and after a moment he politely added WHEN YOU'RE READY

anyway what i'm saying is that old dude was soag, perhaps literally

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

cheese-cube posted:

looks like there's some idiotic bleed through from the BYOB auspol thread of all places. jfc GBS is bad enough but ya'll gotta clique up and assemble in BYOB as well?

You mean the thread that talks about dogs and anime all day and rarely mention politics?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Look I work for the United Nations and have had deep and meaningful relationship with sex workers -both female and trans - before so I'm inherently correct and know much more about this than any of you

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The first half is worse.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

good job doxxing yourself I guess?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

soagposting

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Alternative: they know they're going to lose the next election, and are looting what they can on the way out.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

:wow:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
i run the risk of catching autism every time i go for my flu shot #bornsurvivor

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

the hottest of takes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Experience growing up autistic is that you really can't rely on parents to teach their children basic social skills or how to function in society so these kind of lessons might actually be necessary otherwise they're going to learn how the world works from romantic comedies and YA lit.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Are you referring to people with asd or just people in general. Because while asd folk usually have a harder time reading emotional communication that sentence could apply very broadly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

G-Spot Run posted:

Catholicism, WOW!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-16/catholic-church-leaders-refuse-to-report-child-sex-abuse/9877526

"I would say, 'Come with me now, we will go down to the police station in order for you to show that you are remorseful'"

You know, they would have had a hell of a lot of support for this position even just a few years ago.

A generation ago, no one would have pressed them at all.

But when you're a representative of the most prolific paedophile organisation in the history of the world and the senior Australian cleric is currently on trial for raping dozens of children and sweeping under the carpet the crimes of literally thousands of monsters like himself worldwide, you're going to find a lot fewer people willing to stand in your corner.

Also, Australia doesn't have laws against entrapment, so throw these loving bastards in gaol and let them rot.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Does RCV voting usually take a week to count after an election or primary day? I'm asking as a Maine voter who just participated in RCV for the first time.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Does RCV voting usually take a week to count after an election or primary day? I'm asking as a Maine voter who just participated in RCV for the first time.

Yes, unless you have an experienced team working on it. The more candidates on the ballot, the longer it takes. Oversight and recounting add to this too.

Generally the process consists of a series of counts where each one “eliminates” the lowest preference candidate, and those eliminated votes get added to the tallies of the rest. Repeat until you’re left with two candidates and out of those, the one with the highest “preferences” wins.

How many were on the ballot?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Grouchio posted:

Most results are known on the night. Close results can take a few days longer, especially if the top two candidates are not the top two candidates expected.

The main reason why Australian Federal Election results can take several weeks is that we are very generous in allowing for the arrival of postal votes, votes made outside the electorate etc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zenithe posted:

Are you referring to people with asd or just people in general. Because while asd folk usually have a harder time reading emotional communication that sentence could apply very broadly.

Both. Having a disability often means you're just more vulnerable to ways that society fails people quite broadly.

On another note, lol that the liberals thought selling the ABC would go over well. As much as they desperately want to be Republicans, they clearly learned nothing from Mitt 'I'd sell off Bird Bird' Romney.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Les Affaires posted:

How many were on the ballot?
Seven candidates.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-17/bill-shorten-says-liberals-will-sell-off-the-abc/9878614

quote:

Liberal members will be "emboldened" to sell the ABC if the party wins the next election, federal Labor is warning.
The Opposition has leapt on calls from Liberal Party members for the national broadcaster to be privatised, except in regional areas.
Senior government ministers are rushing to deny the Coalition has plans to sell the ABC, despite the motion passing overwhelmingly at the Liberal national conference this weekend.
Whoops!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Time to start up #AuntieScare hell yess

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

At the very least, has the Turnbull administration been an improvement from Abbot's? Can't believe 3 years have passed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Even Howard seemed to understand you can't privatise all the bread and circuses.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Time to start up #AuntieScare hell yess

Absolutely. This is a humongous own goal and never would've flown if the Libs weren't completely co-opted by the IPA and NewsCorp

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Libs go hard on selling ABC, Bill *checks notes* Shorten leads us into a glorious 15 year Labor/Greens Reich.

Only falling over in time because the electorate thinks “oh maybe we should give the other mob a go” a la SA state election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Grouchio posted:

At the very least, has the Turnbull administration been an improvement from Abbot's? Can't believe 3 years have passed.

No it's exactly the same and calling the DD ended up with more fragmentation of the senate by rabid fundie right wingers. The senate cross bench are inept and will happily sell out their states for gently caress all however the LNP are so bad at negotiation with the cross bench (an Abbott trait) that while they could have pushed through most of their crappy legislation that have been unable to as it's all too hard for them.

Election Now, Federal ICAC Now.